Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
no nothing weird since its just 3 on 3 in wifi, no time to do anything like that. it was just scolipede = protect tyranitar = use dragon dance and then I go to substitute and he moves before me. scolipede has no speed modifiers from nature or EVs, just a 31 IV in it. But im pretty sure even a jolly tyranitar with max speed EVs shouldnt come anywhere near outspeeding it right?
Was he running Quick Claw? Other than that, the only way a Tyranitar could Outpseed a Scolipede (that I can think of) would be if the Scolipede had a hindering nature.

Was he running Quick Claw? Other than that, the only way a Tyranitar could Outpseed a Scolipede (that I can think of) would be if the Scolipede had a hindering nature.
yea thats what I thought, thanks for the confirmation. so yea some japs are already hacking up at 1800-1900~ish level wifi, pretty dumb

yea thats what I thought, thanks for the confirmation. so yea some japs are already hacking up at 1800-1900~ish level wifi, pretty dumb
That's... odd. I'd be astonished if Nintendo wasn't able to detect literally impossible stats on hacked pokemon, and to my knowledge, nobody even knows how to hack the 3DS yet.

I don't suppose you saved the video?

I'm breeding Larvitars in the hope of making a specially defensive Tyranitar. I had hoped to get one with 31/31/31/x/31/31 iv's, but the best I came across was 31/31/31/x/31/x. I don't know the speed iv's because it's still level 1 (though the IV Judge said it had outstanding stats, so take that for what it's worth), but do I really need to worry about them?

Ok thank you. another question. The mother has a 31 speed Iv, and the father has a 31 att IV. Is there a way to pass both of those down and keep the ability I want? Or is destiny knot just my best bet?
You won't be able to control the probability of getting the right ability anyways with these exact parents, so if you don't care about nature, you could use two power items as proposed, or an everstone + power item otherwise.

Question: How do I get switcheroo on Noibat? I only have a zigzagoon with it.
Technically there's not that much info on egg moves for now and the part that exists is just a bunch of other players' experiences. You could try searching for different posts as an obvious decision, or just experiment. Pass it down as an egg move to someone who's likely to pass it to Noibat.

I'd like someone to confirm if Scyther can get Superpower through Pinsir before I go off trying to breed one right now...
Not that likely someone who already tried breeding Scyther with Superpower and passing it through Pinsir will see your question soon enough. Really, you'll breed a lot more than one Scyther before someone answers. Just test it yourself and contribute that info to the community. :P

I highly doubt people are hacking the game already, the 3DS encryption is pretty strong - if it weren't we would have cracked the game. Most likely your speed IV is 14 or worse or one of his/her other Pokemon set up Tailwind or trick room without you realising. As there are a few japanese you claim are doing it, you shouldn't find it too hard to get a battle video?

I can confirm Scyther DOES NOT get Superpower as an Egg Move in XY. I just bred it with a male Pinsir with Superpower. Where can I contribute this information?

Could someone give me a few good physical attackers that have good synergy with Greninja and/or Goodra? I'm trying to build a team for this gen and I'd really like these two on it (special Greninja and assault vest special Goodra)

Hey everybody, I need some breeding advice. So, I have a Togetic in the daycare with 31 IV's in HP, Atk, and SpA with a Nasty Plot Plusle with no good IV's. Would the best way to get a Togepi with 31/x/31/31/31/31 be constantly evolving female Togepis with the IV's I need with a good Togetic I can get from my current parents with 31 SpA and HP IV's? Or would there be an easier way? Evolving via friendship is a pain, and breeding a Nasty Plot one with a terrible stat Plusle parent is difficult...

I guess in short: Would breeding a Male Togepi with Nasty Plot, 31 HP and SpA IV's, and catch a female Togepi with Serene Grace, 31 SpD, Def, and Speed IV's be the fastest way to get a near-flawless Togepi (Of course by using Destiny Knot and Everstone). I feel like even though the breeding process is sped up that it is still a lot of work, unless I'm missing something important.

Anyone find any gems that aren't Normal type gems? I get the feeling they're not obtainable ingame. Maybe through Global Link minigames or some upcoming 3DS app

Hello, people.

I'm trying to put together a sand-team, and I'd like to use both Garchomp and Scizor. My problem is that either of them could run a CB set or Swords Dance, and I don't have enough experience with either of them to know how each set would handle. My other problem is that they both have Mega-Evolutions, and I have no idea which one I should use for the slot.

I've heard Mega-Scizor is recommended for the Bulky SD set, but I have no idea how to get it to learn Bug Bite, as, last I checked, it cannot be bread into it. For now, I've just used U-Turn in its place, with varying results. On the other hand, CB Scizor makes great use of U-Turn, but can no longer learn Superpower, which I have replaced with Brick Break for now.

However, Garchomp also makes use of a CB set, or a Mega-Evolution with SD. I've already obtained a viable Scizor in-game, and I can switch between the sets be re-EV training it and switching its item, but I feel the same would not be possible with Garchomp, and I don't have time to go about raising two of them.

tl;dr- Which has more synergy and overall coverage in a T-Tar fueled sand-team? Bulky SD Mega-Scizor and CB Garchomp, or SD Mega-Garchomp and CB Scizor?

If there are any other recommendations as far as different sets or Pokemon, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Do we necessarily know whether or not we know all the retcons as of yet? I could see some of the event legendaries, etc. having changed typings and such things once we get Pokebank, but until then I'm not sure if we know.

So, weather abilities only last for 5 turns now. I was wondering, if I give, say, a Drizzle Politoed a Damp Rock, does it extend the turn to 8 as well or does that only apply to Rain Dance?

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, weather abilities only last for 5 turns now. I was wondering, if I give, say, a Drizzle Politoed a Damp Rock, does it extend the turn to 8 as well or does that only apply to Rain Dance?
Yes, the weather rocks all extend weather abilities up to 8 turns as well.

Is Skrelp with it's hidden ability, adaptability available at all?

Also my during the battle Maison my Delfox used Grass Knot on a Stunfisk and it's Static ability activated. Is that new? I thought that move never made contact.

*snip* during the battle Maison my Delfox used Grass Knot on a Stunfisk and it's Static ability activated. Is that new? I thought that move never made contact.
It's been that way since Gen 4. Grass Knot, along with Petal Dance and Wring Out (I may be missing one or a few), are Special moves that are also considered Contact moves.

Does anyone have a link to an IV calculator that lets you input base stats? I cannot for the life of me find one. They all just use existing pokemon to calculate IVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)