Battle Mechanics Research

Can Magnezone trap Aegislash? Ghosts are immune to trapping abilities, but Aegislash is a steel type too. Right now on PS Magnezone can trap Aegislash, idk if that's correct.

Can Magnezone trap Aegislash? Ghosts are immune to trapping abilities, but Aegislash is a steel type too. Right now on PS Magnezone can trap Aegislash, idk if that's correct.
Trapping moves in general do not affect ghost types. They are free to switch out no matter what trap is used (Mean look, Arena Trap, Shadow Tag, Magnet Pull etc.)

I'm assuming they can also switch out during Infestation, Fire Spin, Bind and whatnot.

Trapping moves in general do not affect ghost types. They are free to switch out no matter what trap is used (Mean look, Arena Trap, Shadow Tag, Magnet Pull etc.)

I'm assuming they can also switch out during Infestation, Fire Spin, Bind and whatnot.
I've seen my Honedge switch out of a Sand Tomb.

So what I'm getting from this is that PS is wrong...? Since right not Magnet Pull traps Aegislash..

So what I'm getting from this is that PS is wrong...? Since right not Magnet Pull traps Aegislash..
Don't trust PS. There's a lot of wrong mechanics on there, since it's just a simulator (and I don't think it's updated nearly as much as Showdown. We've know about Aegislash being able to switch out of Magnet Pull since like page 20 of this thread.)

Don't trust PS. There's a lot of wrong mechanics on there, since it's just a simulator (and I don't think it's updated nearly as much as Showdown. We've know about Aegislash being able to switch out of Magnet Pull since like page 20 of this thread.)
So for now, which is the more updated simulator? PO or PS?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
edit: also Mold Breaker only states that it stops abilities from preventing the attacks, not weaken. I'll test Fur Coat to see what happens soon.
No, Mold Breaker negates any ability that makes the bearer's move not do full damage. That's why Fur Coat's being negated.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Um, a Druddigon used Dragon Tail against my Mewtwo and it didn't switch me out.
Details:
I had thrown an Ultra Ball at it that turn.
Mewtwo had Mewtwonite X but was not Mega Evolved.

I'll try it again.

EDIT: Happened again. Different encounter, this time with Blaziken. I'll try it one more time with a non mega.

DOUBLE EDIT: Did not switch out Greninja. However, it DID switch out another Druddigon of the same level (I mean ending the battle). Won't matter here then (except randbats). It must have to do with levels.
This is something that has been the case since 5th Gen I beleive. Wild Pokemon encounters cannot force you to flee from battle if they are lower level than your active Pokemon. This does not affect their ability to force switches in trainer battles however, as I've been forced to switch plenty of times from Team Flare members using Roar on one of my Pokemon.

Normal Gem definitely still exists. I found one in my game. Has anyone else found any differently-typed gems? It wouldn't shock me if Normal Gem were the only one left. Normal attacks aren't super-effective against anything, so they need the boost more.
I know about the Normal Gem in the Terminus Cave. However, there weren't any Normal Gems used in the Subway in the first place aside from that one Cinccino in normal subway, but I have yet to find it in the Maison since I don't play normal Maison after getting the 20Ws to unlock Super.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I retested. Rivalry does read to say only gender so I'm avoiding that. Using Pancham this time. Sorry about that!

Quiet Iron Fist Pancham used Tackle and is dealing constant 3s to Furfrou. Quiet Mold Breaker Pancham used Tackle and did 5 damage constantly to Furfrou. Both Pancham are level 10 and have 22 Attack.

I think it can be more accurate so I'll level them up more and edit.

edit:

lvl 30 furfrou 87 hp 50 def
lvl 29 pancham 56 atk mold breaker
lvl 29 pancham 57 atk iron fist
both using strength

MB
-24 damage
-23 damage
-21 damage
-25 damage
-21 damage

IF
-12 damage
-12 damage
-13 damage
-11 damage
-12 damage

I can conclude that Furfrou's Fur Coat is negated by Mold Breaker.

Last edited:
Is Belch unlocked if the berry disappears in any other way other than consumption? (Ex. Knock Off, Incinerate, Bug Bite etc...)

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
I've been testing the move Poison Fang. In previous generations it had a 30% chance to badly Poison the target. I noticed that serebii's attackdex listing said it was 50% yet it didn't appear in the "updated attacks" page, so I grabbed my Skorupi and tested it.

Here are the results (1 indicates a poisoning, 0 indicates no additional effect):

Sample size 37, badly poisonings 21.

So 21/37 = 56%. Obviously my sample size isn't large enough to say the exact rate, but it's obviously higher than the old 30% and serebii's number seems likely.

Tested just to be sure and can confirm that Unaware does not cancel boosts from Aerilate or Pixilate. Dont have Aurorus but its probably safe to assume its that same in Refrigerate's case.

Tests I'd like to know:
Since Keen Eyes ignores enemy evasion boosts, can someone test if Big Pecks ignores enemy attack boosts and Hyper Cutter ignores enemy defense boosts in similar fashion?
Also, can Klutz Lopunny get rid of an Assault Vest via Switcheroo? Or is Lopunny unavailable for now?

This might be a question more appropriate for SQSA, but has anyone checked if Spritzee/Aromatisse's Aroma Veil (HA) blocks Taunt only for its allies or for it too?
Similarly, does Healer still heal only allies?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)