Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh bugger yeah it was. Wasn't sure of the specific rules of Pokebank matches. Still, this isn't possible in game until move tutors in the next game.
Unless it's an Egg Move for Kecleon, there'd be no way to actually get a Protean Kecleon with Drain Punch. While HA Kecleon might have existed in Gen 5, I have a feeling if you actually transfer it through Pokebank to Gen 6, it will keep Color Change. This is similar to how Thunder Punch+Poison Heal Breloom was illegal in DP since the only way to get Thunder Punch on Breloom was from Gen 3.

Stuff like Softboiled+Magic Guard Clefable was always legal simply because you could teach Softboiled to Clefairy and then evolve it in Gen 4, where it would have a chance to switch over to Magic Guard. Unless Pokebank recalculates Abilities when the Pokemon is transferred, there'd be no way to get a Protean Kecleon that was transferred since it doesn't evolve.

Bulbapedia seems to be claiming that gems in Gen VI now only provide a 30% boost. Is this true? If it is, doesn't it basically make gems completely pointless (even in, like, doubles) thanks to the existence of Life Orb?
It's true. Someone in the Battle Mechanics Reasearch Thread recently confirmed that they only give a 30% boost. And I really can't see using them over Life Orb. Even in metagames where Item Clause is in effect, I can't see them being used even over the Arceus Plates. And anyway, the only Gem in this game is a sole Normal Gem, which is pretty useless even with the old mechanics.

1. does pokerus only increase evs from battle? like if i do a bag/super training for 4 points, will it give me 8?
2. anyone know why the standard wish protect vaporeon set runs 8 speed? does it allow it to outrun something relevant or is it to outrun vaporeons who run 4 speed to try to outrun 0 speed vaporeon or what?

I read the Bulbapedia article, but I'm a bit confused.

How does breeding more than 4 Egg moves work in Gen 6? Or is it impossible and the limit still 4? The article said something about going to the move reminder so I was wondering if anything past the old 4 move limited had to go through that process.

I want to breed Outrage, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rush, Crunch, and Flare Blitz onto a Charmander for example.

Crunch & Dragon Rush are odd choices, but it's mostly for lulz

If Breloom has Spore but then gets it overwritten, can it relearn it?
Yes, you can take it to the Move Relearner to re-teach it Spore, if it has known the move at any point in its existence.

Is there a way I can level up my guys without having to go through the E4 a million times?
I use Restaurant Le Wow's Rotation Battle and put a Lucky Egg on whatever I'm training and make sure it's in the battle. You don't have to ever rotate it in but it will get full EXP. I just got a Dratini from Lv. 1 to Lv. 50 with one run through of the place. It was traded, had the Lucky Egg on it, and I had used the EXP Power Lv. 3.
If you have a FS with Audino and Chansey, you could also go into there to train your pokemon. Both give over 1000 exp a piece with Lucky Egg and Experience point power Lv 3.

Also, I'm looking for Ditto with a 30 IV value in Atk, SpAtk, and/or Speed. So if anybody has one, PM me.

Last edited:
Is there a way I can level up my guys without having to go through the E4 a million times?
I use Restaurant Le Wow's Rotation Battle and put a Lucky Egg on whatever I'm training and make sure it's in the battle. You don't have to ever rotate it in but it will get full EXP. I just got a Dratini from Lv. 1 to Lv. 50 with one run through of the place. It was traded, had the Lucky Egg on it, and I had used the EXP Power Lv. 3.

Is it true that you can get EXP points from doing Mock Battles?

After hearing rumours that tipping 1000 dollars to someone will increase your chances of encountering a shiny, and getting word from someone firsthand that they encountered (but was fated not to catch) a shiny Zapdos, after tipping 1000 to several people, I was curious as to if anyone else can confirm that they've had similar experiences, so I don't go around wasting my fat stacks on random NPCs. If this is not the case of the purpose of tipping, can anyone enlighten me as to what that purpose might be?
It's been semi-proven through anecdotal evidence, but we won't know for 100% sure whether or not it does until the games coding is cracked.

I'm going for an Screen Espeon, SD Mawile combo, and I'm trying to think of a good third pokemon to mesh well with these two on WiFi. I'm thinking Life Orb MoxieMence with something like Dragon Claw|EQ|Flamethrower|Roost, but thought I'd ask. Weakness Policy Mixnite was also on the table.

Anyone knows if Skarmory can get Stealth Rock before the pokebank is released?
Stealth Rock is an egg move of Skarmory. The trollish part behind it is that none of its mates can learn SR without a tutor or a TM. No SR for Skarmory yet.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
What are good one-on-one Azumarill counters? The little rat kills me every time I'm on rated.
Qwilfish resists all of Water, Fighting, and Fairy, although I'm not sure if Intimidate Qwilfish is available yet in X and Y. There's also Tentacruel and (for now) any Grass/Poison type.

tl;dr POISON

is there a way to stop daycare from deleting egg moves?
im trying to get an eevee with wish but after a while i get eggs without wish

is there a way to stop daycare from deleting egg moves?
im trying to get an eevee with wish but after a while i get eggs without wish
The moves are deleted in the order from the top. If you move the move you want to keep (Wish) to the bottom of the moveset on Eevee's status screen, it can learn 3 more level up moves as it's leveling up in the Day Care without Wish being forgotten. Usually, I train my breeding parents to level 20 - 30 first which means their level gains are slower than at level 1 and less likely to learn that many moves that could overwrite the ones I want.

Hey guys, not new to Smogon at all, just been out of the Pokemon loop since D/P so breeding is a little different for me now.

I'm in the process of breeding Hawlucha. Both parents are Jolly with the Limber ability. I really want Unburden.
I mainly get Limber babies but sometimes I get Unburden. do I just have really bad luck or is it because both Pokemon have Limber?

I just got an x/31/31x/31/31 Male Jolly Unburden Hawlucha that I could use on my newly hatched straight 31 female if the eggs have a better chance of having Unburden.

tl;dr.
Does having both parents with one ability affect the chances of getting the eggs to have a difference ability??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)