Friend Safari IRC Channel and Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to encourage people who put there names on this spreadsheet to actually answer PM's regarding requests. Help people out instead of being stingy with who you friend, regardless if you need what they have on your Friend Safari or not.

Some people lucked put with Dragons, Ditto, Eve, or whatever. Some didn't get shit. Don't be a dick, helping someone breed/catch/collect the pokemon they want really makes some people's day.
To add to this even if you don't want someone's Safari all you have to do is add them and be online at the same time as them once. After this you can remove them from your friends list; as long as they keep you added they will then have access to your Safari regardless of whether you still have them added. Ergo, even if you don't want your friends list full of people for whatever reason, you can still help them out with a very meager amount of time investment on your part, and not clog your friends list.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I went through the spreadsheet and corrected every mistake I could find.
I am not longer going to do this. It has grown too big for me to realistically manage.
If you make a mistake on the spreadsheet, it is your own fault for not taking the time to read the directions and fill the form out properly.
Please do not contact me to fix your entries for you.

Is there a way to ask to remove myself from the list... I've noticed that I'm the only Clefairy Friend Safari, and I prefer not to get anymore PM's every day. I can't answer all of them, and it's just sad I have to decline some due to the type of safari and what I have already.

Is there a way to ask to remove myself from the list... I've noticed that I'm the only Clefairy Friend Safari, and I prefer not to get anymore PM's every day. I can't answer all of them, and it's just sad I have to decline some due to the type of safari and what I have already.
Can't you just put a message on your profile saying 'not accepting FC's' or something? I've seem others do the same with Ditto.

Can't you just put a message on your profile saying 'not accepting FC's' or something? I've seem others do the same with Ditto.
Thank you for the help, I just didn't know if I could just remove myself or not. I will update my profile for it.

*Points at new member status* so obviously I wouldn't know... ;)

Hi, by mistake I entered my pokes name in uppercase (silly me), would someone mind looking me up and editing the format if that's ok? Thanks!

AZ

Can this perhaps be stickied/pinned to the top in here? Even though it's usually pretty easy to find, I think it may be used enough through the future that it would be worth keeping at the top.= for easier access.

This whole exchange thing is confusing. Do we just add literally every body or how do we know who is gonna add who??

This whole exchange thing is confusing. Do we just add literally every body or how do we know who is gonna add who??
You put your name/code/Pokemon on the sheet. So, if someone wants something in your FS, they'll contact you to see if you'll add them. If you want something from someone else, you'll contact them to see if they'll add you. It's that simple.

Alternatively, you can just go to the IRC chat area and ask people for FCs.

If someone has a Hidden Ability Excadrill and Pilowswine I would love if you would give me your friend code. I at least have Riolu in my Friend Safari but other than that I don't have much.

If someone has a Hidden Ability Excadrill and Pilowswine I would love if you would give me your friend code. I at least have Riolu in my Friend Safari but other than that I don't have much.
You're doing it wrong lol. Search the spreadsheet for the ones you want, and message them either on IRC or on Smogon.

Where is the spread sheet you add your code to?

I want Dragonite and Ditto, but seem to only get Grass type Safari.

Edit: Okay I see how.

Now how do I know what my Friend Safari Type and Pokemon are?

Last edited:
What proof is there that shiny pokemon are more common in the safari?
I don't think there's any hard evidence yet, like a line of code or a dev blog post or something. The only thing we have right now is that people seem to be encountering more wild shinies there than anywhere else. Stuff like tipping and being generous with O-Powers are other popular theories, but right now they have about as much credence as what kind of yogurt you ate before you played the game. I ate blackberry yesterday and didn't encounter squat, so stay away from that. Or maybe it just has to be seedless...

Now, Serebii updated his Shiny mechanic page two days ago and feels pretty confident that the wild encounter rate everywhere has been doubled (1 in 4,096). Word on the grapevine (GameFAQs) is that his datamining buddies found this out for him. What this could also potentially mean is that the base shiny rate has been increased across the board, meaning things like the Masuda Method (6x the normal shiny rate), could be as good as 1 in 682 or thereabouts. There's still a bunch we don't know, though.

The instacheck confirms that the random shiny rate has been doubled, but I'm pretty sure that's all we know about increased shiny rates.

It could be possible that players, having completed the game, only go to friend safaris to look for wild pokemon, and think shinies are more common there because they've actually encountered more total pokemon in safaris than elsewhere.

Random question that doesn't pertain to the thread, why do you refer to Serebii as a "he"? Isn't Serebii a group rather than an individual?

Hi, I just want to know if my details have been entered correctly. I cannot seem to find them on the spreadsheet linked in the front page. I did, however, get a PM several days ago from someone asking for my friend safari. I registered as PhoenixClaw, with my FC and IGN in my sig. My friend safari has sunkern, petlil and maractus.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hi, I just want to know if my details have been entered correctly. I cannot seem to find them on the spreadsheet linked in the front page. I did, however, get a PM several days ago from someone asking for my friend safari. I registered as PhoenixClaw, with my FC and IGN in my sig. My friend safari has sunkern, petlil and maractus.
They are there, remember there is now over 800 people on that list... Google defaults to only showing the first 250 data entries and not the whole lot, up at the top you can switch through pages or load more records in one go.

It could be possible that players, having completed the game, only go to friend safaris to look for wild pokemon, and think shinies are more common there because they've actually encountered more total pokemon in safaris than elsewhere.
That's kinda what I'm thinking, too. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if it was increased either, since 4 out of my my 5 shinies have all come from the Safari, but that's probably just because I've been bumming around there so much. The 3DS is apparently a tough nut to crack, coding-wise, so most hackers are content with just looking for new Pokemon models.

(Somewhat related pic just because it's neat.)

Which isn't so bad, really. We're in the dark about a bunch of things but it also means you don't have to worry about hackmons creeping up everywhere.

Oh, and like Red G said, I was referring to the webmaster. The guy who puts the "Serebii" in Serebii.net. There's several contributors and forum admins on that site, but I think he's the only one who actually posts updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)