Battle Maison Discussion & Records

OMG I am sure raging right now xDDD.

Battle 80 on Super Singles I use the wrong move and get encored on Protect. :( This has happened to be twice now last time on the 70th Battle. I need to keep focused but it's hard when I'm getting nagged by my girldfriend.

Edit: Started trying with another partner that had Trick Room Cofagrigus and Emboar. Great with my MMawile and Gyarados! Or so I thought... one battle my ally Cofagrigus Will o Wisp'd my MMawile! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! I have the battle saved if anyone wants to look at it and tell me the heck why.
I've noticed this occur a few times now, though fortunately for me it was an enemy using will-o-wisp on its ally, but it's happened more than once now...maybe what ever decides is a suitable move to use on an ally and what isn't is bugged for that move?

OMG I am sure raging right now xDDD.

Battle 80 on Super Singles I use the wrong move and get encored on Protect. :( This has happened to be twice now last time on the 70th Battle. I need to keep focused but it's hard when I'm getting nagged by my girldfriend.
Girlfriends can be stronger walls than giratina and blissey

Got so mad at that last streak that I just slapped on Mega Houndoom just for lols.

Sucker Punch
Sunny Day
Fire Blast
Solar Beam

Surprisingly got to 42. If you can get a Sunny Day up (I mostly setup on water pokemon), there is very little that can't be OHKOed.

Last edited:
God, I hate how the partner AI trainers in Multi Battles have such troll movesets.

I mean really. A Physical Clawitzer? WHO DOES THAT? And I have found a partner who has Scarf Eruption Typhlosion, who is amazing, but her second mon is Avalugg. Which would be fine, IF IT WEREN'T RUNNING A SPECIAL MOVESET. Off of BASE 44 (44! My god!) Special Attack. What. The. Hell. And when Scarf Typhlosion runs out of PP for Eruption, the AI doesn't even switch, it just leaves it in there to Struggle. WHYYYYYY.

I don't even know anymore.

As a side note, Magician/Power Herb/Solar Beam Delphox works pretty well. Gets wrecked by Choice Scarf Garchomp or Choice Band Aerodactyl, but it's pretty funny to steal a Leftovers from say an Umbreon, completely neutering it. And, though I have complained about my partner Will O Wisping my own mon before, the enemy AI does that too sometimes. Like when a Ninetales faced off against my Delphox and Scarf Typhlosion, it opted to... WoW his partner. Smart.

As a side note, Magician/Power Herb/Solar Beam Delphox works pretty well. Gets wrecked by Choice Scarf Garchomp or Choice Band Aerodactyl, but it's pretty funny to steal a Leftovers from say an Umbreon, completely neutering it. And, though I have complained about my partner Will O Wisping my own mon before, the enemy AI does that too sometimes. Like when a Ninetales faced off against my Delphox and Scarf Typhlosion, it opted to... WoW his partner. Smart.
Errr, maybe they're reducing confusion damage (by killing it before it hits itself) by reducing attack?
Really stupid idea, but I can't think of any saner reason.

If you've got a good enough team to get to Supers, Maison. You START by getting 2 BP a battle, and for every 10 battles it goes up. So if you're on your 21st battle, you'll get 4 BP, which is super sweet and the battles that low aren't TOO trolly.

Record streak in super singles: 32, current 30

I am going with:

Rotom-W@ Choice scarf
252 S.Atk - 252 Spe - 4 HP

Thunderbolt
Hydro Pump
Volt-Switch
Dark Pulse

M-Mawile@ Mawilite
252 HP - 252 Atk - 4 S.Def

Iron Head
Play Rough
Sucker Punch
Stone Edge

Garchomp@ Life Orb
252 Atk - 252 Spe - 4 HP

Earthquake
Stone Edge
Outrage
Iron Head (Gonna switch for Poison Jab)

Most notably, ive had some issues with grass types, but is there other things to point out? I may go with scarfed protean Greninja for the boss, hopefully plowing through with ice beam. What would you say are big threats?

Edit: Added Ev's

Last edited:
If you're having issues with Grass, Mawile does get Fire Fang. It's a pain to re-breed once you've got a streak going, but it's better than losing because of it. I'd say Greninja instead of Rotom, though you do lose out a bit on bulk. Greninja also gets Grass Knot, which might help you against bulky waters.

Would Ice Beam, Surf/Hydro pump, Grass knot, Dark pulse/extrasensory be an okay moveset for Greninja? I think I prefer the accuracy of surf over the power of hydro, but I am not sure what to use of D-pulse and E-sensory. Also, on the boss, would i OHKO all the terrain pokés with icebeam and scarf (to outspeed the scarfer)?

Edit:

Damn..lost yet another time on the 33rd battle. Forretress exploded in Greninjas face, Slowbro got taken by M Mawile, but lost all pps on Sucker Punch. In comes Samurott VS. my Garchomp with scarf. Go for outrage, get a crit that almost kills him. Waterfall took about 60% health, gustap let him move first and i lost.

What is really annoying is, if it hadnt been for that crit, I would have taken him out lol

Last edited:
Well, I lost again, due to a REALLY stupid play on my part. I had MKangaskhan out; the foe had a Drifblim out. My misplay? Spamming sucker punch expecting it to attack, while it proceeded to set up on me. By the time I FINALLY decided to switch out (Sucker punch was the only move that could hurt it as Kangaskhan loses Scrappy upon MEvo), it had 3 Stockpiles and 2 CMs. I think everybody can guess what happened next. Merlin and Noivern (Bred a new one with perfect Sp. Atk and Speed IVs) both died to Ominous wind. I had 1 PP left for sucker punch, and it used Calm Mind. I forfeited.

Sucker Punch's 5 PP screws me over again!

Well, I lost again, due to a REALLY stupid play on my part. I had MKangaskhan out; the foe had a Drifblim out. My misplay? Spamming sucker punch expecting it to attack, while it proceeded to set up on me. By the time I FINALLY decided to switch out (Sucker punch was the only move that could hurt it as Kangaskhan loses Scrappy upon MEvo), it had 3 Stockpiles and 2 CMs. I think everybody can guess what happened next. Merlin and Noivern (Bred a new one with perfect Sp. Atk and Speed IVs) both died to Ominous wind. I had 1 PP left for sucker punch, and it used Calm Mind. I forfeited.

Always save up some PokeMiles and max out every move's PP. My Truant strategy a few pages back ran into huge problems thanks to Protect and Substitute only having 10 PP.

This is why the first thing you do is use all your PP Ups on Sucker Punch lol. That move is the most valuable move MKangaskhan has, so it needs 8 PP.

Edit: NINJASK'D (cooler than Greninja *gasp!*)

my friend and i were well on our way to a nice 20ish streak with trevent, Talon flame and Vivilion heracrossrespectivly when a glisco went and wiped my partners bugs leaving my trevent and tlon flame in a 2v4. Which was fine until there final mon a rest talk licky came in and set up on trevent to the point where talon flame couldn't revenge kill. :-( Saddest 45minute in a while.

What do you guys think of rock tomb on megakanga? Deals with speedy ghosts better than EQ, and honestly i very rarely NEED to use EQ. Only scenario i can think of is against a head smash Tyrantrum.

It's also nice for when I'm not sure if something will outspeed/hold scarf and essentially just prevents you from getting walled by levitate/flying ghosts.

My streak has once again been cut short, this time at 37 wins (Personal best!), due to a mixture of hax, bad prediction, and not realizing that Mismagius can learn Icy Wind.
The battle went something like this:
I send out Liz and Amy (Kangaskhan), opponent sends out Luxray. L & A gets intimidated.
I MEvo and use EQ, Luxray survives in the red and uses Thunder Wave. L & A is paralyzed.
I select Power-up punch, Luxray uses Superpower. L & A survives in red but gets parahax'd.
I select Sucker Punch but get parahax'd again (Hax happened here), as Liz and Amy die to Ice Fang.
I send out Vetches III (Noivern) and revenge kill with Boomburst. Opponent sends out Bronzong.
I U-turn out to Merlin (Delphox) thinking he could KO with Fire Blast. Then I see the three words every Nuzlocker dreads.
Bronzong.
used.
Explosion.
(Bad predicion happens here.)
I think "Well, at least Explosion was nerfed, and Bronzong doesn't have very high attack."
O-H-bloody-K-O.
I send out Vetches III (Roughly 80% from LO recoil), opponent sends out Mismagius. Fearing that Draco Meteor won't KO, I use Air Slash to try to get the flinch, but it doesn't, doing just enough to activate the Sitrus Berry.
I think to myself, "Oh well, Mismagius can't hurt him much, so I can use Draco Meteor next turn.
I think you can guess what happened next.
Mismagius used Icy Wind. (Apparently it can hurt him much.) Vetches promptly gets KO'd.

The only major change I made to my team is that Merlin now knows Solarbeam instead of Grass Knot, and now holds a Power Herb. This is so that I can fire off a Solarbeam (which is almost always stronger than Grass Knot), and swipe the foe's item with Magician in the same turn.

I'm sure everyone is getting tired of reading my posts about the various ways I lost, so I likely won't make another post like this for a while.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
What mega evolutions are useful in the battle maison? I used mega Lucario for a while but I found it really really underwhelming, as it's not strong enough to KO everything it needs to but stupidly frail and gets KO'd by everything.

I've read that mega Mawile is pretty decent, but it doesn't synergize very well with Aegislash - are there any other suggestions?

I definitely agree that SD / King's Shield / Shadow Sneak / Sacred Sword Aegislash is a complete monster in this, as the AI almost always gets screwed over by contact moves, and it's fairly easy to abuse Aegi's resistances and decent bulk to get to +2 or +4. Currently trying out Talonflame as well, as it's immune to Ground-type moves and resists Fire, and Aegislash resists Rock-type moves.

God, I am so freaking annoyed at Super Multis. I need better partners.

It's really annoying too to breed a couple of new mons, and then find out they're still not very good in the Maison. I bred a MBlastoise and a Delphox, and after using them for a while, they're pretty ok except for Scarf Garchomp. Or if my partner didn't freaking use a SPECIAL ATTACKER AVALUGG (still wtfing over that).

And I keep just defaulting to either MMawile or MKangaskhan. Seriously, these two have the bulk to survive a ton of enemy attacks, and the power to wreck any enemy (if you play smart).

I can vouch for mega Mawile and Kangaskhan both being very good in the maison. I've been using Gengar/Talonflame/Azumarill as partners for both and they've gotten me pretty far in Super Singles (60+) and Super Rotation (40+ so far). If you want to use Aegislash, it'll likely pair well with mega Kangaskhan as it can switch into most fighting types with ease. My strategy with both is just to mega first turn, set up, and destroy everything if possible; if not possible then switch to Gengar. I see no reason not to lead with your mega if you're using one, since it'll likely clean house fastest without even needing to switch.

And not that I expected these to be any good, but I tried out mega Charizard X and mega Tyranitar and they were both pretty bad. I don't have any special attacking megas yet, but if anyone finds any of them good I'd like to know.

If you've got a good enough team to get to Supers, Maison. You START by getting 2 BP a battle, and for every 10 battles it goes up. So if you're on your 21st battle, you'll get 4 BP, which is super sweet and the battles that low aren't TOO trolly.
Is there a cap on the BP you earn per battle? It would be completely insane if you could get something like 99BP for a single battle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)