Battle Maison Discussion & Records

I was doing the Durant thing, and there is a Dragonite with only one move, Superpower. In retrospect, it was probably banded, that is some real persistent AI right there. Truant, locked into Superpower, after 5 PPs, still insists on staying in, struggling, as oppose to switching.

I was doing the Durant thing, and there is a Dragonite with only one move, Superpower. In retrospect, it was probably banded, that is some real persistent AI right there. Truant, locked into Superpower, after 5 PPs, still insists on staying in, struggling, as oppose to switching.
The AI doesn't switch even when a Choiced move has 0 PP. Which is great if it's an opponent, and annoying as hell if it's your AI partner in Super Multis.

What mega evolutions are useful in the battle maison? I used mega Lucario for a while but I found it really really underwhelming, as it's not strong enough to KO everything it needs to but stupidly frail and gets KO'd by everything.

I've read that mega Mawile is pretty decent, but it doesn't synergize very well with Aegislash - are there any other suggestions?

I definitely agree that SD / King's Shield / Shadow Sneak / Sacred Sword Aegislash is a complete monster in this, as the AI almost always gets screwed over by contact moves, and it's fairly easy to abuse Aegi's resistances and decent bulk to get to +2 or +4. Currently trying out Talonflame as well, as it's immune to Ground-type moves and resists Fire, and Aegislash resists Rock-type moves.
If you're trying to pair with Aegislash, Kanga is probably the better bet.

I'd say other good megas include MegaZard Y, Mega Blaziken, and MegAbomasnow. Only Blaziken is particularly useful in singles/rotations, though.

I've been trying to think of a way to incorporate Abomasnow into a trick room doubles team, what with his low speed, but I'm finding a hard time finding good teammates for him.

If you're trying to pair with Aegislash, Kanga is probably the better bet.

I'd say other good megas include MegaZard Y, Mega Blaziken, and MegAbomasnow. Only Blaziken is particularly useful in singles/rotations, though.

I've been trying to think of a way to incorporate Abomasnow into a trick room doubles team, what with his low speed, but I'm finding a hard time finding good teammates for him.
MKangaskhan and Aegislash are like super best buddies. Still has some problems with Gengar, though that can be patched up with a third mon.

MMawile/Gyarados is also an amazing duo. Been running one for a while, and they are amazing. Third mon just needs to be something that can deal with Electric attacks.

I've tried MBlaziken in Rotation battles, and good lord he is freaking frail. The problem with Rotation Battles is that the AI is really random, and can totally screw your setup with MBlaziken. In singles, not much of a problem because the AI never switches though.

Kappaten what about mega banette its slow as dirt but has crazy attack and it is unaffected by fighting which abomasnow is weak too.

The AI doesn`t seem to switch if you use truant durant! makes me wonder about a trick scarf lead?

Well I can only have one mega, which I'd like to be Abomasnow.
Slowking seems to be a classic TR setter, and gets Surf and Blizzard to spam alongside Abomasnow, but I'm too unfamiliar with doubles to think of which two to use in my backup slots.

And I don't know how trick scarf works this game... last gen the AI would switch out of that while they wouldn't switch out of truant. Anyone tested it yet?

I prefer gengar over aegislash with MKhan because i've gotten walled by will-o-wispers and i don't want too many physical attackers. Gengar also helps with general BS with destiny bond/sash and sludge bomb. He more consistently took out the troublesome mon than SD Aegislash.

A mixed aegi might work okay but the general need to switch is offputting in 3v3. I also really like being able to deal with hax double teamers with destiny bond.

try cofagrigrus:

- not getting paralyzed at all
- me missing 2 Hydro Pumps in a row and getting critted by Hex through Light Screen

zzzz
So there's not a lot Kangaskhan loses to when it's behind a sticky web. Ariados with focus sash sets him up for a pretty much guaranteed +2 power up punch and then he can do whatever he wants. I'm running a wish/protect/scald/toxic vaporeon behind that, but I haven't really decided who I want there.

So there's not a lot Kangaskhan loses to when it's behind a sticky web. Ariados with focus sash sets him up for a pretty much guaranteed +2 power up punch and then he can do whatever he wants. I'm running a wish/protect/scald/toxic vaporeon behind that, but I haven't really decided who I want there.
Galv is better since it can actually do stuff (base 97 SAtk and 108 Spe).

Also been wondering about Assault Vest Bisharp. Basically it's like so:

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
Defiant Ability
(EVs uncertain, will adjust later on)
Sucker Punch
Night Slash
Power-Up Punch
Iron Head

Based on a set that worked me wonders in BW1 Battle Subway. The AI ALWAYS triggers Defiant and makes getting free boosts easy. With the Steel nerf Sucker Punch is that much scarier and Power-Up gives Fighting coverage and the ability to boost even higher (and does not conflict with the Assault Vest). AV is for bulk, mostly, as Sharp's SDef is rather blah.

I would like to join the trophy club!

Surprisingly, I only had to redo the Doubles line more than once. All the other trophies I got were on my first run through, but there were definitely tense moments.

I only remembered to save the battle videos for the Doubles, Rotation, and Multi Chatelaines. I'll just type mini-warstories here, because I think they're kind of interesting and there might be helpful tidbits you can take away from this. The percentage damages are all estimates.

Super Single Battle Chatelaine Nita: No battle video
Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus

Most of the people in this thread I think are already familiar with this battle, so there's not much to say. Focus Sash Mamoswine can KO Landorus with Ice Shard, take a hit from any of the other two and KO with Icicle Crash, and then severely damage the third with Ice Shard before going down. Too good. It can happen in any order, though. I had a Mega Kangaskhan waiting in the wings with Fake Out and Sucker Punch for all the priority and one-uppance. She didn't really stand a chance. I can't even remember what my third was. It might have been a Gyarados.

Super Double Battle Chatelaine Evelyn: 3XNG-WWWW-WWW2-P37E
Entei@Life Orb, Latios, Suicune, Raikou@Air Balloon

I used a Life Orb Greninja and MegaKangaskhan to lead with Togekiss and Mamoswine waiting in the wings.

Turn 1: Greninja and Kangaskhan vs. Entei and Latios
MegaKangaskhan Fake Outs Latios for 10%
Greninja Scalds Entei for 85%
Latios Flinches
Entei Sacred Fires Kangaskhan for 80%, takes Life Orb recoil. Kangaskhan is burned.

Turn 2: Greninja and Kangaskhan vs. Entei and Latios
MegaKangaskhan Sucker Punches Latios for 50%
Greninja Ice Beams Latios for the KO
Entei Sacred Fires Kangaskhan for the KO, dies to Life Orb recoil
I wasn't confident in Greninja's attacking power since I haven't used him for very long, so I was afraid that it wouldn't be able to KO Latios that turn by itself, so I had Kangaskhan also help with Sucker Punch. If I had Sucker Punched Entei, then Kangaskhan might have lived one more round, but I think burn would have done me in anyway.

Turn 3: Greninja and Togekiss vs. Suicune and Raikou
Greninja Grass Knots Suicune for the KO
Raikou Thunderbolts Togekiss for 85%
Togekiss Dazzling Gleams Raikou for 35%

Turn 4: Greninja and Togekiss vs. Raikou
Greninja Grass Knots Raikou for the KO​

And then I learn Greninja is a boss. It KOed Suicune from full with Grass Knot, and such is the power of a STAB 120 base power Grass type attack. Togekiss eats a STAB Thunderbolt and used Dazzling Gleam, which hits both opponents, to both damage Raikou and also help KO Suicune in case it survived with a bit of health left. I elected to use Grass Knot again with Greninja to resist Thunderbolts from Raikou, but it just flat out kills it. I still had a Mamoswine that could have Ice Sharded waiting. There wasn't any danger at all.

Super Triple Battle Chatelaine Dana: No battle video
Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Regirock, Regice, Registeel

Holy crap triples took a toll on me. A full on 6 vs 6 battle every round, and with 6 Pokemon on the field at once, the game started lagging. My set-up was Moltres, Mamoswine, and Togekiss in that order. This was a great lead combo, because of the following reasons:
  1. Moltres had Heat Wave, Mamoswine had Earthquake, and Togekiss had Dazzling Gleam for multi-target spread moves.
  2. Moltres and Togekiss' Air Slash can hit all the way across the field to the normally unreachable third Pokemon, so I could gang up on a Pokemon on one side and go for flinches.
I'm kind of upset I forgot to save the battle video for the Chatelaine, because it was the most rewarding battle I've had in-game ever. I did a lot of thinking, and with all 6 of our Pokemon, it was epic in scale. I also worked very hard for this win, because it was a long match with super-powered Pokemon. Things I can vaguely remember are that Zapdos is slower than Mamoswine and used Light Screen. Moltres had Overheat. Regice had Focus Blast. Registeel had Autotomize. Articuno had Mind Reader and Ice Shard. I can't remember much else, because it was a long battle and there are so many attacks made each turn.

Super Rotation Battle Chatelaine Morgan: 2Z6G-WWWW-WWW2-P36R
Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Latias

Ah, Rotation Battles. I am not a fan of these, and after hearing the horror stories earlier, I prepared for the worst. The team I used for the Chatelaine is different from the team I used to get to her. I normally used MegaKangaskhan, Togekiss, Mamoswine, and Moltres. An example of a close call was with a Veteran at battle 43 who had Cresselia, Entei, Regigigas, and Zapdos. It was a pretty exciting one, but Double Team Cresselia can go die in a fire: GP9G-WWWW-WWW2-P383

I ended up using Hawlucha, Greninja, Togekiss, and Mamoswine to take on the Chatelaine. I got a bit lucky in this battle, but then again, a big facet of Rotation battles against the computer is luck, since a lot of their moves and switches are inexplicable.

Bold Pokemon is the active Pokemon

Turn 1: Hawlucha, Greninja, Togekiss vs. Latias, Terrakion, Virizion
Rotate to Greninja, rotate to Terrakion, U-turns for 15% damage (critical hit)
Mamoswine switches in, but Terrakion's Rock Slide misses
I got a bit lucky here, since Mamoswine had Sash. I intended to take whatever any of her Pokemon would throw at me and survive with the Sash, but the Rock Slide miss meant that I would keep it intact, giving me that extra round of survival. Since 2 out of 3 Pokemon on her side of the field were weak to Ice, I went with Icicle Crash next. I pretty much played like this the entire way through the streak, because of the unpredictable rotation that the AI likes to do. This was my second bit of luck after the Rock Slide miss.

Turn 2: Mamoswine, Hawlucha, Togekiss vs. Terrakion, Latias, Virizion
Rotate to Latias, Mamoswine Icicle Crashes it for 65%
Latias Calm Minds
This turn was mildly surprising. I was excited to see Latias rotate in, but I expected to KO it with Icicle Crash. It ended up being SUPER defensive and eating the Crash like a champ before setting up Calm Mind. Its bulk came at the expense of its speed, however, as my Jolly Mamoswine outsped it. I am confident in using Icicle Crash again.

Turn 3: Mamoswine, Hawlucha, Togekiss vs. Latias, Terrakion, Virizion
Rotate to Virizion, Virizion uses Stone Edge for 20% on Mamoswine
Mamoswine Icicle Crashes Virizion for the KO
Even if Virizion had used a grass or fighting move, my Sash was still intact, so Mamoswine would have survived anyway to KO. I was glad to take out her first Pokemon, though. Cobalion comes in, which is my greatest worry. I'm pretty sure Mamoswine would be outsped by both Cobalion and Terrakion and KOed, and even if I thought I could outspeed them to Earthquake, Latias was there Levitating. I wanted to just keep Mamoswine in case something with Latias went awry and I needed to Ice Shard it, so I decided to rotate to Hawlucha, where once again, a fighting move would have hit 2 out of 3 of the Pokemon for super effective damage.

Turn 4: Mamoswine, Hawlucha, Togekiss vs. Cobalion, Terrakion, Latias
Rotate to Hawlucha, rotate to Terrakion, High Jump Kick for the KO
Another threat down. I'm feeling more comfortable now. Up until this point I was very nervous. Latias rotates in as the active Pokemon to replace the KOed Terrakion. At this point, I knew that Sky Attack was my best move. It would KO Latias, but if Cobalion switched in, I would be fishing for that 30% flinch chance. I ran Power Herb Sky Attack Unburden Hawlucha in the Maison, because it is a nifty little combo that sets itself up nicely.

Turn 5: Hawlucha, Mamoswine, Togekiss vs. Latias, Cobalion
Hawlucha uses Sky Attack, is immediately charged with Power Herb, and KOs the Latias
HUZZAH GOOD GAME

Turn 6: Hawlucha, who cares vs. Cobalion
Hawlucha High Jump Kicks Cobalion for 70% damage
Cobalion Sacred Swords Hawlucha for 30% damage

Next turn, Hawlucha KOs with HJK.​

As you can probably guess, rotation battles seem very luck based. All my cards fell in my favor in this match, and it could have gone horribly wrong had she simply switched in a different direction. I think the most important thing about Rotation battles is to take risks but with reason. Then, it's mostly the luck of the draw.

Super Multi Battle Chatelaines Dana and Nita: EEVG-WWWW-WWW2-P37J
Thundurus, Landorus, Regice, Regirock

I used Mamoswine with a Sash and my partner used Delphox with a Choice Scarf. We specifically chose a team with items that would very solidly counter what we thought were the Pokemon that would be used by Morgan and Nita as posted earlier by another user, but we ended up facing Dana instead. I was lucky enough to completely remove Nita as a threat very early on, though, and the battle was rather one sided as we ganged up on Dana. It was a fair fight in that there wasn't any hax, though. I discussed it a bit earlier in the thread, but to reiterate, it went down like this:

Turn 1: Delphox and Mamoswine vs. Thundurus and Regice
Delphox Flamethrowers Regice for ~48%
Thundurus Crunches Delphox for 80%
Mamoswine Icicle Crashes Thundurus for the KO
Regice Thunder Waves Delphox
Nita sends in Landorus

Turn 2: Delphox and Mamoswine vs. Landorus and Regice
Mamoswine Ice Shards Landorus for the KO (Nita is out)
Regice KOs Delphox with a move that I forget.
Partner sends out Garchomp.

Turn 3: Garchomp and Mamoswine vs. Regice
Garchomp Outrages Regice for the KO
Mamoswine Icicle Crashes thin air
Dana sends out Regirock

Turn 4: Garchomp and Mamoswine vs. Regirock
Garchomp Outrages Regirock for 50%
Mamoswine Earthquakes Regirock for 40% and Garchomp for damage
Regirock Ice Punches Garchomp for the KO​

Mamoswine KOs with Earthquake the next turn. It couldn't have gone better if I planned it...heh.

Thank goodness for quitting at any time during the streak. It allows you to plan teams to counter the Chatelaine. Cheap as it seems, it's also fun to strategize in this manner.

THE MOST IMPORTANT MESSAGE:

Through a lot of these streaks, I ran a combination of Fake Out Mega Kangaskhan, Air Slash Togekiss, Icicle Crash Mamoswine, and Air Slash Moltres. I must have Flinched hundreds of Pokemon. Flinch hax for the win.

Also: I have 1,315 BP right now. This is after I already purchased all the TMs from the exchange shop.

WHEW. Finally tried the Super Singles again and got past Nita this time.

Started with Landorus vs. Gengar, I predicted extrasensory and switched into Mawile. Take like ~15%, so I know I'm safe to set up a couple SDs. Sucker Punch to victory.

WHEW. Finally tried the Super Singles again and got past Nita this time.

Started with Landorus vs. Gengar, I predicted extrasensory and switched into Mawile. Take like ~15%, so I know I'm safe to set up a couple SDs. Sucker Punch to victory.
Safe? He has earth power with STAB. I'm sure that M-Mawile can't take that.

Edit : Totally forget that he scarf

I'm on 103 streak with this team

M-Mawile@ Mawilite
252 HP - 252 Atk - 4 Spe < to outspeed other 50 that no investment
- Intermidiate
Iron Head
Play Rough
Sucker Punch
Sword Dance

Gengar@ Focus Sash
4 HP - 252 S.Atk - 252 Spe
- Levitate
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Dazzling Gleam
Destiny Bond

Azumarill@ Choice Band
248 HP - 252 Atk - 4 Spe - 4. S.Def < 248 Due his hp with 252 will get 404 that divide by 4, speed 4 same reason as Mawile
- Huge Power
Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Super Power
Waterfall

Some time I have problem with some ground type like Landorus. Can I change this team?

Last edited:
this is my truant durant team so far I am not sure what item to give dragonite or what a third should be what do you guys think?

durant @ none
IVs: ?/31/?/?/31
EVs: 252 in speed/attack 4 in hp
nature jolly trait truant
iron head
thunder wave
rock slide
entertainment

dragonite @??
IVs: ?/30/31/?/31/31
EVs:252 in attack/speed 4 in sp.def
nature jolly trait inner focus
thunder punch
dragon dance
protect
dragon claw

why bother putting any attack into truAnt over hp to help make sure it can survive to do another entrainment run if you need it later?

I just lost Super Rotation in the dumbest way possible at 44. The opposing team had a Whiscash with Muddy Water and Fissure, and a Walrein with brightpowder and Sheer Cold. On top of that I had a very slim chance of winning at the end with a 1 hp Gengar, but nope. Custap Berry Claydol. (Custap Berry confirmed if it wasn't already?)

Probably gonna try again tomorrow, but damn this is the second time I've gotten past 40 and lost in rotation. I'm starting to get pretty salty. Mega Kanga was sweeping past everything... except that fissure.

Some time I have problem with some ground type like Landorus. Can I change this team?
You're using almost the exact team as me, except I use Salamence instead of Azumarill. Mence's intimidate really synergizes well with Mawile's, and by switching back and forth on something that you know has earthquake, you can get mawile some setup time. Gyarados fits this role as well.

Also I recommend Thunderbolt over Dazzling Gleam on Gengar if you pick another intimidater, because that Competitive Milotic WILL ruin your day if you're not careful. (And while I'm comparing my team to yours, I run brick break over iron head on mawile, but sucker punch kills everything so that moveslot doesn't really matter)

And I don't know how trick scarf works this game... last gen the AI would switch out of that while they wouldn't switch out of truant. Anyone tested it yet?
Tested TrickScarf a little. The AI's... better than it was, but still stupid.

T1: Steelix vs. Rotom

Rotom used Trick!
Steelix used Stealth Rock!

T2:
Switched to Gyarados.
Steelix used Stealth Rock! (Failed)

T3:
Gyarados used DD!
Switched out.

(....)

T? (Down to the last one)
Sent out Steelix!
Gourgiest used Protect!

Steelix used Curse! (??!!)

So basically, she did switch out after the attack failed, but she wasn't smart enough to remember she'd be locked in for her next move, so she locked herself into a non-damaging move. By the way, this was battle ~25 in Super. So if it works this way for Truant, then after the first missed turn they'll switch.

Would Klefki be a good support for Super Rotation Battle? Focus Sash just to setup Safeguard + Lightscreen/Reflect. To help prevent OHKOs from misprediction of AI moves (seriously most of my losses were from AI crit haxes but I'm making no excuses now)

EDIT:
I just lost Super Rotation in the dumbest way possible at 44. The opposing team had a Whiscash with Muddy Water and Fissure, and a Walrein with brightpowder and Sheer Cold. On top of that I had a very slim chance of winning at the end with a 1 hp Gengar, but nope. Custap Berry Claydol. (Custap Berry confirmed if it wasn't already?)

Probably gonna try again tomorrow, but damn this is the second time I've gotten past 40 and lost in rotation. I'm starting to get pretty salty. Mega Kanga was sweeping past everything... except that fissure.
How many times have you tried Rotation?
That's still good compared to mine. I've tried more than ten times and lost most of the time at 45+ streak (one time at 49 down to my Gengar and Armaldo, Sash Gengar failed to 2HKO and Armaldo 2HKOed with Stone Edge. I was raging. I'm at 41 now and stopped. I'm breeding a new team.)

Last edited:
OK... I know I said I wasn't going to make a post like this for a while longer, but...
I honestly don't know why the RNG hates me so much.
TT5G-WWWW-WWW2-PQWT

Although I think what I hate the most is that when you lose because of the RNG completely screwing you, the AI's line always acts like it's your fault.
(Yes, staying in against Mienshao was also partly a misplay on my part. But still...)

So, I managed to reach 41 streak in super singles with:

Togekiss @ Life Orb
Modest, 248 HP / 40 SpA / 28 SpD / 192 Spe
Serene Grace
-Dazzling Gleam
-Roost
-Air Slash
-Fire Blast

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Jolly, 252atk/252Spe
Speed Boost
-Flare Blitz
-Swords Dance
-High Jump Kick
-Stone Edge

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Modest, 252 HP, 152Def, 100spa
Gooey
-Dragon Pulse
-Sludge Wave
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt

Fire blast misses though ;.;
The power is needed too, so I can't put flamethrower over them. But I shall soldier on.

It looks like this thread is getting more attention than the Subway Records thread.
I've won 231 battles in a row now in the Super Doubles challenge.

Team:

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Relaxed / Frisk
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Sp.Def
31/31/31/xx/31/00
~ Trick Room
~ Night Shade
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Power Up Punch

Smeargle Lvl 1 @ Focus Sash
Timid / Own Tempo
~ Toxic
~ Protect
~ Endeavor
~ Destiny Bond

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Brave / Stance Change
252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Sp.Def
31/31/31/31/31/00
~ Iron Head
~ Shadow Claw
~ Sacred Sword
~ King's Shield

Aron Lvl 1 @ Berry Juice
Calm / Sturdy
~ Toxic
~ Swagger
~ Protect
~ Endeavor

It's a pretty risky strategy using two Level 1 Pokémon but it is SO much more fun than Entrainment teams, having to set-up to +6/+6 every single battle.

Proof:
Battle #160: CLZW-WWWW-WWW2-PE93 (Vs. Emboar/Gligar/Excadrill/Nidoqueen)
Battle #200: 42BG-WWWW-WWW2-PM4W (Vs. Infernape/Rhyperior/Medicham/Pyroar)
Battle #231: PYTG-WWWW-WWW2-PRJP (Vs. Poliwrath/Barbaracle/Carbink/Mienshao)

So, I managed to reach 41 streak in super singles with:

Togekiss @ Life Orb
Modest, 248 HP / 40 SpA / 28 SpD / 192 Spe
Serene Grace
-Dazzling Gleam
-Roost
-Air Slash
-Fire Blast

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Jolly, 252atk/252Spe
Speed Boost
-Flare Blitz
-Swords Dance
-High Jump Kick
-Stone Edge

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Modest, 252 HP, 152Def, 100spa
Gooey
-Dragon Pulse
-Sludge Wave
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt

Fire blast misses though ;.;
The power is needed too, so I can't put flamethrower over them. But I shall soldier on.
Do you really need Fire Blast, Flare Blitz and another Fire Blast ? Seems overfirekill. A Surf on Goodra could be useful against all the ground or rock Pokemon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)