Battle Maison Discussion & Records

I've managed to make it to the 200 streak Doubles still with my Garchomp/Gengar/Gyarados/MegaScizor team and got the Starf Berry. It's really fun imo, and never made it this far in Subway.

XLCW-WWWW-WWW2-R287 (Latias/Heatran/Thundurus/Zapdos) Battle No. 171

Another huge close call. Only for a Thundurus that missed a Focus Blast. I did some bad play there although and won later only by shameless luck. The Latias was slower than my Jolly max speed Garchomp and Heatran had a Shuca Berry btw.

You don't get a berry or anything special for achieving 300 consecutive wins.

Battle #300: CNLW-WWWW-WWW2-R4X3
Aww well, that's disapponting. Congrats on that 300 streak though!

Just got swept on just round 23 by a Slurpuff that somehow outsped my max speed Greninja and OHKO's my Dragonite and Kangaskhan with Play Rough. So salty right now.

Just got swept on just round 23 by a Slurpuff that somehow outsped my max speed Greninja and OHKO's my Dragonite and Kangaskhan with Play Rough. So salty right now.
Everyone seems to forget Slurpuff gets Unburden as its Hidden Ability. If it consumes its held item, its Speed increases, allowing it to outspeed a surprising amount of mons.

Everyone seems to forget Slurpuff gets Unburden as its Hidden Ability. If it consumes its held item, its Speed increases, allowing it to outspeed a surprising amount of mons.
Thanks for explaining that, at least now I know why I lost. Unburden doesn't have text or anything when it triggers? At first I thought it was a Quick Claw but I didn't see any items trigger.

Last edited:
Thanks for explaining that, at least now I know why I lost. Unburden doesn't have text or anything when it triggers? At first I thought it was a Quick Claw but I didn't see and items trigger.
No, Unburden does not have anything that shows it has been triggered. It's something you really have to be wary about. In my case, I run a lot of priority mons (Sucker Punch MMawile/MKangaskhan, Aqua Jet Azumarill, Gale Wings Talonflame, etc.) so I can care less about Unburden mons or those that have Choice Scarf.

No, Unburden does not have anything that shows it has been triggered. It's something you really have to be wary about. In my case, I run a lot of priority mons (Sucker Punch MMawile/MKangaskhan, Aqua Jet Azumarill, Gale Wings Talonflame, etc.) so I can care less about Unburden mons or those that have Choice Scarf.
I might have to do that, my Greninja just got outsped by a Swampert at -2 speed (from hammer arms). How is that supposed to work?

Okay, so I just reached 50 wins in Triples Battle Maison and wanted to share my team. Not only was it a pretty damn solid team and never came to having less than two members alive, but it was also hilariously fun thanks to one certain Pokemon. I give you

TEAM SLIPIN' SLIDE

The whole team was based around using Pokemon that where really powerful but a little frail / didn't like to be double targeted with the protection of Blissey's support

SLIPIN'SLIDE (Blissey) @ Choice Scarf
Serene Grace
Timid
252 Def / 6 SpDef / 252 Speed
31/x/31/31/31/31
-Rock Slide
-Blizzard
-Fling
-Seismic Toss

THIS IS SLIPIN'SLIDE

SHE'S SLIDIN'

YOU SLIPIN'

Holy god this thing is so much FUN! Imagine if you will hitting your opponent's Pokemon with 3 Iron Heads from a level 1 Jirachi at once. That's what Serene Grace Rock Slides are like. This fucker stood in the middle to start off every game I had and gave its partners crazy leeway attacking. Mega Mawhile is pretty good but having a Mega Mawhile that never gets hit is even better. For how much HP Talonflame drains from itself, it's amazing how long it lives when Blissey causes the Pokemon adjacent to it to flinch. For all 50 battles, I never once used anything but Rock Slide; the other attacks are almost exclusively filler. Blizzard gives something for Blissey to spam and fish for hax if its paralyzed. Fling lets me get rid of my Choice Scarf if I do get paralyzed. Seismic Toss was so Blissey could do actual damage if I needed it.

A max speed nature lets me hit everything but +speed nature base 108s and higher. Timid was chosen because going with a -Atk nature made a grand total three point difference... The rest was dumped into Def because HP and SpDef were high enough and, as you'd imagine, it really helped out. Blissey lived all kind of Earthquakes, Rock Slides, and even took a Flareon's Flare Blitz.

Fun Facts:
  • An Ursaring countered my Rock Slide back at some point. I took 8 damage.
  • Blissey's total kill count was 6 Pokemon. 1/2 of those were Froslass Blissey chipped the final Hit Point off of.

Bight Me IRL (Mawhile) @ Mawhilite
Intimidate
Adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
31/31/31/x/31/31
-Iron Head
-Play Rough
-Sucker Punch
-Protect

I had never used a Mega Mawhile up until this triples run though. Jesus Christ, it's so good. Play Rough and Iron Head pretty much destroy anything that isn't resistant. Sucker Punch killed anything weak to Dark right then and there (except Claydol which I ran into a strangely high amount of). It was one of the main forces on this team and got at least a kill a match, usually 2 or more.

Saxton Gale (Talonflame) @ Sky Plate
Gale Wings
Adamant
188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Speed
31/31/31/x/31/31
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Roost
-Protect

And here we have the other powerhouse of the team. Talonflame destroyed any fast and frail Pokemon or Fighting-types that threatened Blissey. In exchange, Blissey kept it living really, really long with its opponents stuck flinching every turn. Brave Bird and Flare Blitz are self explanatory. Roost was pure filler and should probably be U-turn or Aerial Ace instead.

CitizenSnips (Clawitzer) @ Sitrus Berry
Mega Launcher
Modest
252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 6 SpDef
31/0/31/31/31/31
-Water Pulse
-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse
-Protect

Clawitzer was here to help clean up the sturdy ground types that Talonflame and Mawhile didn't enjoy. Sniping stuff on the opposite side of the field with Clauncher was a lot of fun. Truth be told, he's frail, but the Sitrus Berry helps a lot with that.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Rough Skin
Adamant
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
31/31/31/x/31/31
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Protect

Garchomp is Garchomp and just really solid all around. It gave me a badly needed Electric resistance and gave me a new source of useful spread attacks. Using Rock Slide along Blissey was really fun as the chances of the opponent moving were microscopic.

Sylveon @ Rock Helmet
Cute Charm
Modest
252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 6 Speed
-Dazzling Gleam
-Psyshock
-Helping Hand
-Baby-Doll Eyes

If Cresselia was available, this would totally be a Cresselia, but it's not so I tried to use something else that was reasonably bulky and resisted fighting. Dazzling Gleam was its main attack since it was a reasonably powerful spread attack. Helping Hand was used primarily to power up Garchomp's Earthquakes. Baby-Doll Eyes and Psyshock were filler

--------

And there you have it, that's the team that won me 50 battles. Consider it if you ever want to Hax the subway back!

What item was it holding? Is your Greninja Max IV/EVs?
31 IVs and 252 EVs in speed for my Greninja, I didn't see any item on the Swampert and it didn't use anything other than Hammer Arm so it could have been a Choice Scarf but that shouldn't have made it be faster... *I think they're cheating*. I wish I had thought to save the replay.

31 IVs and 252 EVs in speed for my Greninja, I didn't see any item on the Swampert and it didn't use anything other than Hammer Arm so it could have been a Choice Scarf but that shouldn't have made it be faster... *I think they're cheating*. I wish I had thought to save the replay.
A choice scarf +Spe nature Swampert will outspeed +Spe Greninja. However, it should not after -2 Spe from Hammer Arm. There are a few possibilities:

1. You mistook the -Spe, as in it didn't use Hammer Arm until it KO'd your Greninja, and it did later and you misremembered.
2. It was holding a Quick Claw and you missed/forgot the activation.
3. Trick Room was up and you forgot about it.
4. Something gave your Greninja - Spe such as Scary Face, Bulldoze, etc. and you forgot about it.
5. The Maison is cheating, which I highly doubt because I myself have never seen any mon cheating. If they outsped me, it's due to Quick Claw hax, Choice Scarf, or an ability like Unburden.

This is why you should save any video that you are suspect with, because you can then review it and see what happened.

Reached 50 wins on Super Singles in my first try with only two or three problematic battles. Mkangas beat about 85% of the enemies and Aegislash and Azumarill did the rest.
MKangas OHKO Thornadus, Thundurus and Landorus with Return, very easy the SuperTrainer.
Stopped there, tomorrow I'll try to reach the 100 streak!

Okay, so I just reached 50 wins in Triples Battle Maison and wanted to share my team. Not only was it a pretty damn solid team and never came to having less than two members alive, but it was also hilariously fun thanks to one certain Pokemon.
Did you happen to save the battle video of your match with the Chatelaine? I was hoping that you could collect some data about her Pokemon.

For M-Kanga, would double edge work just as well as return? 18 more bp, and I am not sure how to keep happiness at max all the time, or how/where to check if its maxed out.

Double Edge gives you huge damage output, but it also hurts you a lot. If you really don't want to use Return, I'd say Dizzy Punch might be a better alternative. Twice the chance to confuse is pretty nice.

By the way, the happiness checker is in Laverre. She'll tell you if you're at high enough happiness.

I have been doing the Battle Maison a few times but haven't gotten past 50. My team was Greninja, Talonflame and Mega-Garchomp all with perfect IVs and EV spreads. I'm thinking of switching to Mega Kanga, Aegislash and someone else. I was maybe gonna try Moxie Gyarados in this third slot. What do you guys think? I have the CB Azumarill if you think that would be better.

I have been doing the Battle Maison a few times but haven't gotten past 50. My team was Greninja, Talonflame and Mega-Garchomp all with perfect IVs and EV spreads. I'm thinking of switching to Mega Kanga, Aegislash and someone else. I was maybe gonna try Moxie Gyarados in this third slot. What do you guys think? I have the CB Azumarill if you think that would be better.
The M-Kanga, Aeagis and CB Azu works exceptionally well. Got to 50 1st try with that team. I did use the excact same moves/items as Deaga linked on page 8, and it is just really great. Using crunch over Fake Out/PoP is also wise, switched from PoP to crunch around 20 streak cus it made me play more recklessly. Also, they give eachother great coverage. Aqua jet Azu is a real life saver. Would suggest going with bulldoze over waterfall, due to aqua jet being such a great move.

Good luck with the streak! :D

Been slowly making my way through Super Triples and finally getting around to replacing my fillers. Though I'm doing not too bad right now. Current team is this + the two fillers:

WrathandKhan (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Early Bird / Parental Bond
Jolly
6 HP/252Atk/252Spe
31/31/31/x/31/31
-Return
-Fake Out
-Crunch
-Power-up Punch

Replaced my m-Lucario with her and she's utterly fantastic. Mevo on the first turn, then fake out the most threatening pokemon and let my other pokemon take them out. And she can dish out a lot of damage herself with return and crunch, or set up a bit with Power-up Punch. She outspeeds a lot of stuff too and can take a couple of hits, so she lasts for a while

Kinniekins (Delphox) @ Wise Glasses
Blaze
Modest
6 HP/252SpAtk/252Spe
20/20/20/31/20/20
-Flamethrower
-Psychic
-Grass Knot
-Shadow

Usually follows up to WrathandKhan and finishes off pokemon that have been fake-outted. He's pretty decent, though I probably will end up replacing him with something better as ingame traded pokemon aren't that good.

SwordthingII @ Air Balloon
Stance Change
Brave
31/31/31/x/31/0
252 HP/252Atk/6 Def
-Swords Dance
-King's Shield
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Sneak

Good buds with KhanandWrath. Can switch in to fighting moves and use King's Shield to lower the attack of opponents. Sacred Sword is his preferred attack, Shadow sneak to finish stuff off or if I think it'll do a decent amount of damage. I don't use swords dance that much since I usually have him attack right after I switch him in. Dunno if I'll change it for something else or not.

Chester @ Leftovers
Bulletproof
Adamant
31/31/31/x/31/31
252 HP/252Atk/6 Def
- Hammer Arm
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Claw
- Poison Jab

Just a general switch in to stuff he counters. He doesn't really do much.

As for pokemon I'm considering to get rid of fillers, there's a couple of options I'm looking at. Definitely getting a Gale Wing Talonflame to cover WrathandKhan's Fighting weakness, and I might grab an Azumarill to switch for Kinniekins. For the second filler I'm replacing, I'm not sure whether to go with Garchomp or Assault Vest Goodra, as my team looks largely physical right now.

Is it just me, or does every AI partner in the BM Super Multis have one good mon and one terribly shitty mon?

Like, I just got a new FC, so I checked what sort of AI partner he gave me. The AI's team was Terrakion and Talonflame. "Ah, this must be good," I thought. And yes, the Terrakion was basically the same one that the boss uses in Rotation battles, same moveset and item. And the Talonflame? It was for some reason EV'd in Speed and DEFFENSE (wtf?) and its moveset was Acrobatics, Flail, and two other shitty moves that I can't remember, with a Focus Sash.

Another AI partner I tried before had a Choice Scarf Typhlosion (nice!) and a SPECIAL ATTACKING AVALUGG (WTF).

It just goes on from there.

So I'm planning to do a bunch of running through the Maison with a Ditto+Frisk Gourgiest over the weekend. Do we have a specific place we're compiling data on new/updated sets?

EDIT: Found one anomaly already. After 20+ battles, every single Trainer had Pokemon with the same number designation (like Hydreigon 3 and Salamence 3). HOWEVER, one Trainer had Staraptor 1, Torterra 1, Armaldo 1, and... Altaria 4. So some sets might have been moved around, likely because Fairy-type changes which sets are stronger.

Also, going by the whole "all the same number" thing, here's Aromatisse 1: Lax Incense Charm/Sweet Kiss/Attract/Draining Kiss

ANNOYING AS HELL. Happily I had a Taunt Gyarados, but this thing ended up taking down two of my four single-handedly with mad hax.

Last edited:
FINALLY BEAT SUPER MULTI BOSSES.

Oh. My. God. Freaking finally. It all came down to if I got a good AI partner or not. After getting a few more FCs, I noticed one of the new AI partners had a Staraptor and a Flygon. After checking the partner's mons's stats, they were better than any other partner I had. The Staraptor was Reckless with Choice Band and Brave Bird/U-Turn/Close Combat/Giga Impact, and the Flygon was a Special attacker with Draco Meteor/Giga Drain/Earth Power/Flamethrower. Got all the way up to 49 with this partner and my team of MKangaskhan/Gyarados, and because both of my partner's mons were immune to Earthquake, I could spam that if necessary. Before fighting the bosses, though, I switched to Mkangaskhan/Aegislash, because I knew one of the bosses had the Musketeers and both of them had Lati@s, so I wanted to have something immune to fighting and be able to take out Lati@s. The bosses's mons were Latias/Cobalion and Thunderus/Landorus. Overall, not a hard fight, though it did come down to my Aegislash and the boss's Cobalion at the end. The Cobalion finished off my partner's Flygon with Sacred Sword, and my Aegislash used its own Sacred Sword for the win.

Now, finally on to Super Triples. I don't think this will be fun at all either.

Just finished mock battling the Super Singles leader with an Entrainment Durant, Frisk Noivern, and Imposter Ditto

Tornadus - Yache Berry
Defiant
- Substitute
- Double Team
- Focus Blast
- HUrricane
Its slower than Jolly Mamoswine, so it has a speed under 145

Landorus - Choice Scarf
Sand Force
- Earth Power
- Extrasensory
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
Speed is lower than 167, put a Scarf on my Timid Charizard and I out sped it

Thundurus - Sitrus Berry
Prankster
- Wild Charge
- U-Turn
- Crunch
- Sky Drop

Last edited:
That's so strange that Tornadus has defiant but Thundurus has Prankster. Do you think the abilities on the legendaries that have available hidden abilities are random like everything else? It's not seeming intended at this point.

Just finished mock battling the Super Singles leader with an Entrainment Durant, Frisk Noivern, and Imposter Ditto

Tornadus - Yache Berry
Defiant
- Substitute
- Double Team
- Focus Blast
- HUrricane
Its slower than Jolly Mamoswine, so it has a speed under 145

Landorus - Choice Scarf
Sand Force
- Earth Power
- Extrasensory
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
Speed is lower than 167, put a Scarf on my Timid Charizard and I out sped it

Thundurus - Sitrus Berry
Prankster
- Wild Charge
- U-Turn
- Crunch
- Sky Drop
That's weird. I definitely know Thunderus had Defiant when I fought Nita myself. I ran MMawile, and when I Intimidated Thunderus it activated Defiant.

I think it may be worth scouting out the pokemon used by AI partners in multi battles. Of course you are more likely to succeed in multi if you have a human partner, but that kind of makes it the same as doubles.

Thinking of using this set for my Lead in Super Singles.

Smeargle @ Focus sash
Ability: Moody
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef

Stealth Rock
King's Shield / Spore
Baton Pass / Parting Shot
Spikes / Sticky Web

The idea is to abuse that the AI doesn't switch out much. So, using Spore / King's Shield to let Smeargle start racking in the stat boosts while laying down entry Hazards is brutal.

Then, once hazards are sufficiently set up, and Smeargle is a monster with his boosts, you pass to M.Kanga and proceed to kill EVERYTHING without blinking.

I haven't tested it yet, so the nature / EVs and Moves may switch, but the general idea will remain. The weaker the enemy is, the more sure I am that Kanga will be able to kill without any trouble. And, with Sticky Web down, I wouldn't have to worry as much about taking hits, since there's a better chance of me out speeding (especially with good Moody luck)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)