Pokémon Kangaskhan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to think of something that counters Fire Punch/Sucker Punch/PuP/Return mega kanga is leaving me drawing blanks.
All you need is substitute to wreck any sucker punch users, MegaKangaskhan included. Gengar Subs on the Suckerpunch, then if you're black sludge you spam Sub until you heal to full, then focus blast (if MegaGengar then just focus blast/focus punch after the Sub). MegaKangaskhans first sucker punch breaks the sub then the second only does half damage to Gengar which isn't enough to kill. Gengar then OHKs it with the fighting move.

Sub-Disable@BlackSludge is still one of the best Gengar sets imo because it happens to also beat all the people running Crunch instead, and just so much stuff in general. Incredibly good pokemon.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Jellicent and Sableye are perfect counters, while Gourgeist is a temporary counter (avoids the 2HKO from Fire Punch and can burn Kanga, but lacks reliable recovery and so is easy to wear down). Terrakion is also a good check, but i can't think of much else in terms of checks and counters, which is scary.
Yeah i remembered the ghosts and edited them in just before you posted, great minds think alike! Still, such a limited number if checks let alone counters. I reckon the key to this thing being suspect aside from the obvious Parental Bond is Steel types no longer resisting Sucker Punch.

There's plenty of stuff that checks MegaKangaskhan. As I just said anything faster than it with Sub essentially checks it because you can kill it first, or sub if you predict the Suckerpunch, then kill it. Not to mention pokemon with Rough Skin and/or Rocky Helmet give it ton's of grief. MegaKangaskhan is certainly a strong pokemon, but there are plenty of checks.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
As I just said anything faster than it with Sub essentially checks it because you can kill it first, or sub if you predict the Suckerpunch, then kill it.
slow down, mega knaga is exceedingly bulky, not anything faster than it checks it, were talking 105/100/100 defenses, that's fantastic, exceeding plenty of dedicated walls. NOt to mention, anything thats going to sub against mega kanga and mispredict are going to get eat the second half of return which isnt weak. Having to play around the opponent isnt a reliable check. However there are plenty of mons faster that can take a sucker pucnh and retaliate handily, those are your checks. "anything faster" doesnt cut it.

I said essentially, why nitpick what is obvious. I wasn't implying that scarf'd base 80's can use substitute and check it. I meant there are several pokemon who are good in their own right, who happen to be faster than MegaKang, can OHK it with a fighting or strong stab move, and can learn Sub (Gengar being the example I gave in the earlier post). On top of that there are the rough skin/rocky helmet users, as well as the handful of pokemon that wall certain sets depending on what MegaKang is running. It was all in an effort to edify the person I quoted who implied that there is "such a limited number of checks" when there are plenty.

It's not like 750 pokemon check MegaKang, but there are plenty enough that it's reasonably handled. It's clearly not going to get suspected and even if it did (which there is no harm in doing) there's no way it's going to get banned.

Actually... only Talonflame Brave Bird and Yvetal Sucker Punch hold that honor... and Yvetal doesn't get Swords Dance. Don't forget, Extreme Killer Arceus gets STAB to make ExtremeSpeed x1.5 dmg, with x1.3 life orb on top of that. So its a fair bit stronger than MKhanga Sucker Punches.

Just making sure you know...
I prefer silk scarf on my Arceus, but yeah that or life orb can make it stronger. Kangaskhan's sucker punch is stronger than lum berry variants though, and Kangaskhan's packs much stronger coverage moves than even life orb variants + a beastly return.

Ekiller is obviously still better; extremespeed is better than sucker punch, which more than makes up for the weaker secondary attacks, but Kangaskhan's raw power is insane for an OU mon, and with the right set he has no safe switch ins.

Jellicent and Sableye are perfect counters, while Gourgeist is a temporary counter (avoids the 2HKO from Fire Punch and can burn Kanga, but lacks reliable recovery and so is easy to wear down). Terrakion is also a good check, but i can't think of much else in terms of checks and counters, which is scary.
Jellicent is KOed by Scrappy Power-up Punch / Mega-Crunch.

Sableye "counters", since it outspeeds with Will-o-Wisp and can survive the 2nd Earthquake. The other surefire counter is Evolite Dusclops.

The thing about using Sub against Kangaskhan is that it can still hit you plenty hard through the Sub if it doesn't Sucker Punch. So it's nowhere near as safe as it is against most foes.

I've taken to using Will-o-wisp on my Scarf Rotom-W to try to burn it through a Sucker Punch. It can be a bit tricky, but it slows down its rampage a bit. Actually stopping the thing isn't easy... Last gen, we went as far as suspecting Keldeo and Reuniclus and banning Landorus and Deoxys-D. I'd be surprised if Mega Kangaskhan doesn't find itself getting at least suspected at some point, although we're obviously nowhere near the point where we could justify a ban.

I agree with most of your post except using fake out, mostly because it soles valuable coverage because you will have to ditch some move, and that means more pokemon will wall you. and lastly if you ditch power up punch you lose set up capabilities, or you lose earthquake that makes you pretty helpless to a number of threats.
Have you used it in actual battles yet? I used to run PuP and it ended up getting me killed. People are getting smart, when they see Kang, then are gonna go for a burn, so if you take 2-3 turns to set up, they prob already did something to make Kang useless. Personally I always keep Fake Out because it is great for revenge killing other pokes, especially ones that have been speed boosted and think they're gonna sweep my team (Or use a priority move to sweep). In theory it all sounds great, but in actual practice, you rarely will get time to set up without something coming in to cripple you. Against Kangs online I send in my Rocky Helmet Avalugg and just keep recovering while he kills himself (mainly bc I don't use WoW on any of my pokes yet).

Also a bunch of pokes that can take a STAB Return, usually are left with very little HP after it. That means that Fake Out would have softened them up for free without you having to worry about giving them 2 turns to attack you (If they're faster). I do like other Kang builds, just havent found them to work too well. Maybe if you ran Drain Punch instead, to give you some healing, but Kang tends to attract people who can shut her down which forces you out rendering your +2 Atk useless. I want to make a paraflinch with dizzy punch set work :(

BTW has anyone tried Seismic Toss out yet online? Is the guaranteed 200 worth it? It could free up 2 move slots since you could use it over Return AND EQ. This could leave space for other moves like drain punch, PuP, Crunch, Shadow Claw, etc.

BTW has anyone tried Seismic Toss out yet online? Is the guaranteed 200 worth it? It could free up 2 move slots since you could use it over Return AND EQ. This could leave space for other moves like drain punch, PuP, Crunch, Shadow Claw, etc.
Giving up Return means you lose your ability to deliver powerful neutral hits, especially after a PuP. Giving up PuP costs you your boosting. Giving up Sucker Punch loses your priority. Giving up EQ means you're completely helpless against ghosts that can avoid Sucker Punch.

It just doesn't make sense.

Giving up Return means you lose your ability to deliver powerful neutral hits, especially after a PuP. Giving up PuP costs you your boosting. Giving up Sucker Punch loses your priority. Giving up EQ means you're completely helpless against ghosts that can avoid Sucker Punch.

It just doesn't make sense.
The main ghosts I see the most are the 2 new ones that are part grass, bulky and carry will o wisp. If you leave kang in against em you're asking to lose her. Unless you have Shadow Claw. But EQ isn't gonna do anything except let them set up Subs, leech seed and WoW. The only time EQ really helps is if you get a bulky elec type (bc that happens all the time) or Heatran. Aegislash is risky bc he might king shield you or have air balloon oorrrrr Sacred Sword you.

Like I said before, PuP is still iffy to me. I literally just fought someone with it and I shrugged it off by forcing him to switch out. If anything his Drain Punch was more annoying because he healed over 50% HP each turn and was able to stall me out while the rest of his team poisoned and burned me. I think I might try that out later. PuP simply doesn't work well because people switch in something that forces you to switch out.

I feel like most people are just theorycrafting instead of trying the sets out for themselves. People aren't robots that sit there and let you set up on them. Without a speed boost it's not that easy to set up with PuP and sweep.

Soooo, it does make sense...

I think drain punch over PUP is a perfectly legit option if you want a bulkier spread. I still prefer PUP because you can take out faster mons with sucker punch, but still, drain punch has given me issues.

That said, the ghost/grass types are dead to fire punch. No need for crunch or shadow claw (which leaves you walled by Skarm and Ferro).

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Trying to think of something that counters Fire Punch/Sucker Punch/PuP/Return mega kanga is leaving me drawing blanks. Literally the only thing that can really stop it is Sub/Disable regular Gengar if it predicts right and Scarfed fighters (and any Terrakion). Dusclops, Dusknoir and Jellicent can stop it with burn but they arent all too common at the moment. I guess cb talonflame can slow it down if it's weakened. Time to make a team abusing it. Does jolly miss out on any crucial kos?
Fire punch isn't available until pokebank but i'll add it to the op anyway.

Here's some calcs that might be useful regarding jolly and adamant:
252 Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Return vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 481-567 (73.77 - 86.96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Return vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 528-622 (80.98 - 95.39%) -- 56.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mamoswine: 291-343 (80.6 - 95.01%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mamoswine: 319-376 (88.36 - 104.15%) -- 25% chance to OHKO (hits through sash obviously)

+2 252 Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 312-367 (74.28 - 87.38%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 342-403 (81.42 - 95.95%) -- 18.75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Return vs. 224 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 138-162 (42.2 - 49.54%) -- 35.55% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Return vs. 224 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 151-178 (46.17 - 54.43%) -- 99.61% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 643-757 (91.33 - 107.52%) -- 43.75% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 706-832 (100.28 - 118.18%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 180+ Def Landorus-T: 300-354 (78.53 - 92.67%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 180+ Def Landorus-T: 330-388 (86.38 - 101.57%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 266-313 (74.3 - 87.43%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 291-343 (81.28 - 95.81%) -- 18.75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Hope this helped somewhat.

You know most of the ghosts don't threaten you anymore if you simply run crunch and sucker punch together? I've been doing that and seriously I don't miss EQ at all.

Crunch is the only way of beating Trevenant, Gourgheist, and SubDisableGar and still doesn't mean an automatic loss against Aegislash

You know most of the ghosts don't threaten you anymore if you simply run crunch and sucker punch together? I've been doing that and seriously I don't miss EQ at all.

Crunch is the only way of beating Trevenant, Gourgheist, and SubDisableGar and still doesn't mean an automatic loss against Aegislash
Fire punch beats all of those + Skarm and Ferro if you're playing Pokebank.

I've found Seismic Toss Kangaskhan pretty good. A guaranteed 200 is actually really impressive damage. Any non-Ghost with a HP stat less than about 380 is 2HKOed after leftovers with no hazards, which basically means a fully invested base 87 HP is needed to survive two hits unless you have the base HP of like Kyurem-B. It's not a good option for sweeping sets since it fails to OHKO anything, but it means Kangaskhan can run a pretty good support set (with moves like Body Slam, 51% flinch moves, Roar, and Wish from its 105 HP stat) while still punching holes in teams with no attack investment whatsoever.

I don't see how Kanga can go without a suspect test. Take Jirachi's stats, add 25 base physical attack. Give him a choice band(Except the latter 50% can crit, and plow through subs/sashes) allow him to swords dance while holding said choice band (Power-up punch even straight up kills some dark types) and then a 102 bp STAB move thats unresisted by everything but steel/ghost (Use sucker punch or crunch for ghosts, EQ for near everything else) and you have a pokemon thats incredibly scary on paper.

Sure its got some checks like ghosts and burn based on its moveset, but its so strong it can usually take down 2-3 mons before it goes down and standard walls get blown up after one PuP. I'm pretty sure even behind a sub Gengar doesn't want to take a +2 sucker punch. Nor does he want to eat a crunch on switch-in.

I said essentially, why nitpick what is obvious. I wasn't implying that scarf'd base 80's can use substitute and check it. I meant there are several pokemon who are good in their own right, who happen to be faster than MegaKang, can OHK it with a fighting or strong stab move, and can learn Sub (Gengar being the example I gave in the earlier post). On top of that there are the rough skin/rocky helmet users, as well as the handful of pokemon that wall certain sets depending on what MegaKang is running. It was all in an effort to edify the person I quoted who implied that there is "such a limited number of checks" when there are plenty.

It's not like 750 pokemon check MegaKang, but there are plenty enough that it's reasonably handled. It's clearly not going to get suspected and even if it did (which there is no harm in doing) there's no way it's going to get banned.
You have to be joking. There are no clearcut counters to Mega Kanga. Those that can be a counter can be picked and chosen against for the Kanga, and then suit their team to kill that one counter.

The main ghosts I see the most are the 2 new ones that are part grass, bulky and carry will o wisp. If you leave kang in against em you're asking to lose her. Unless you have Shadow Claw. But EQ isn't gonna do anything except let them set up Subs, leech seed and WoW. The only time EQ really helps is if you get a bulky elec type (bc that happens all the time) or Heatran. Aegislash is risky bc he might king shield you or have air balloon oorrrrr Sacred Sword you.

Like I said before, PuP is still iffy to me. I literally just fought someone with it and I shrugged it off by forcing him to switch out. If anything his Drain Punch was more annoying because he healed over 50% HP each turn and was able to stall me out while the rest of his team poisoned and burned me. I think I might try that out later. PuP simply doesn't work well because people switch in something that forces you to switch out.

I feel like most people are just theorycrafting instead of trying the sets out for themselves. People aren't robots that sit there and let you set up on them. Without a speed boost it's not that easy to set up with PuP and sweep.

Soooo, it does make sense...
Double. Fire. Punch. It does a lot of damage when your not Will-O-Wisp'd.

PuP > Drain Punch. Sure, you heal, but Kangaskhan's amazing as heck bulk makes you not need it. Plus, a 2x Attack Boost will help against Conkelderp, Lucario, and Scrafty.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Kangaskhan, IMO, warrants suspect by far. With Blaziken out of the tier, Kang is stronger than ever.

I'd like to note Kang's bulk: it can live +0 Aura Sphere from MegaLucario, Espeed from CB Gene does only about 37%, which is really pitiful damage. Kang can break sashes, multiscale, and retaliate hard. What makes Kangs broken to me is the ease of which it can set up (easy +4), as well as all offensive things having little to no way of dealing with it (LandoT at 100% HP is KOd by +1 Return, Sucker Punch is almost impossible to counter considering the nerf for steel types, and Kang has brilliant coverage and plenty of options, from Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Earthquake, Fake Out, Crunch, etc. for the fourth move slot). It's to the point where there really isnt many surefire ways of dealing with it, and all of it's counters (like Skarm and that Treevaunt thing) aren't hard to remove either.

I don't like how Kang's has the ability to just come in 1v4 and still come out the victor. There is obviously something wrong with that scenario, and I've seen it happen countless times to many players on a wide scale ladder and reg. matches alike. At the very least, this warrants suspect.

For all those looking for defensive answers to Mega-Khan, you can stop wasting your time -- there are none. Essentially, M-Khan can bypass any defensive threat with any number of very viable moves. I always think back to the banning of Deoxys-D in 5th gen for situations like this - yes Deo-D could get past any one of its counters with niche/borderline useless moves, but leaves it vulnerable to the other 10. With M-Khan, however, there's hardly even a need to think. The following set smashes through every single defensive check you can think of:

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Earthquake/Fire Punch/Crunch

Earthquake is what I have been using since the beginning of the meta only a short while ago, and it's what has helped propel me not only to a #1 position in Pokebank, but to five other places in the top-100 with a number of alts. Of course, this doesn't mean much given the state of the ladder at the moment, but it can at least attest to the fact that I have a slight idea about what I'm talking about.

Earthquake leaves the door open for Trevenant and Gourgeist to come in and Will-o-Wisp it. Fire Punch or Crunch, on the other hand, not only beat those two Ghosts, but allow you to get past both Ferrothorn and Skarmory. In truth, I'm only still running Earthquake over one of the two alternatives because it bypasses the guessing game you face against Aegislash by choosing a contact move.

Rocky Helmet on any of the above also help keep M-Khan in check (and, in fact, is the only consistent way of beating the above set with any defensively-oriented Pokemon), but even then, Drain Punch is a viable option that can alleviate the recoil. Sableye can force M-Khan out or rely on the 85% chance to burn it, but even ghosts are hilariously taken care of by simply not Mega-Evolving on a predicted switch to one of them. Return from a regular Adamant Khan does upwards of 50% to defensive Sableye, forcing it to either Recover endlessly or try its luck to burn it, where the Khan user can easily just switch out. Not to mention the fact that a Scrappy Power-up Punch is super-effective against things such as Sableye and Aegislash (though, of course, do much less to a Sableye anyway).

With a ludicrously high number of defensive options typically seen in the metagame bested by M-Khan, what's left are offensive options, right? With 105/100/100 defensive stats, as well as 100 base speed, the only things that are able to reliably take on a M-Khan on their own offensively are those who are faster (or can take a +2 Return), can stomach a +2 Sucker Punch, and can hit it with a STAB, super-effective move. Unfortunately, with Blaziken deemed too powerful for the current meta, that's one less option to send in against a M-Khan once it gets +2 (which it can get on essentially every single thing it forces out). This leaves Lucario, the musketeers, Infernape (who takes 70% from a +2 Sucker Punch), and Mienshao (who takes 80%). It becomes even more centralizing in non-Pokebank OU, as you can only legally access Lucario and Meinshao at the moment. There might be some other niche options I'm neglecting to mention but the point is clear - if you're going to deal with M-Khan directly (rather than sacrificing multiple Pokemon to barrage it with enough priority to break its considerable bulk) you all but need one of a very small number of fast, offensive fighting types.

M-Khan is both way too powerful and way too bulky to be reliably handled by virtually the entire metagame, and uses everything that cannot OHKO or status it as set-up bait to begin its rampage through the rest of your team, which it can pretty easily sweep with a total of 3 moves. I think having a suspect test on it some months in the future is ignoring the devastating impact it already has on the metagame, and I believe it as worthy of a quick-ban as Blaziken -- if not even more worthy.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
I have to agree with what both of you have said, although I only have my experience in OU to speak from (not Pokebank). Ever since discovering Megakahn, it's been my favorite choice thanks to the sheer power it provides, on top of solid bulk and speed. As if that wasn't enough, it gets a Swords Dance in the form of Power-up Punch to smash through things that would normally make solid counters, and Sucker Punch to eliminate would-be revenge killers. I always run Crunch to take care of the Ghost-type switch-ins, but I will happily switch to Fire Punch once Pokebank arrives to hit Steels as well.

Megakahn is so overwhelming, I find myself regretting using other Mega's simply because I wind up wishing I had Kangaskahn around. I've seen matches just as Shurtugal described, where Kangaskahn was able to come in as the last remaining Pokemon, fire off a PuP, and then sweep the remainder of an opponent's team even if they were fully healthy.

Hearing from you two that Kahn is just as threatening in Pokebank as in standard OU, where there are many more threats to account for... it's impressive to say the least. It's easily a suspect.

For all those looking for defensive answers to Mega-Khan, you can stop wasting your time -- there are none. Essentially, M-Khan can bypass any defensive threat with any number of very viable moves. I always think back to the banning of Deoxys-D in 5th gen for situations like this - yes Deo-D could get past any one of its counters with niche/borderline useless moves, but leaves it vulnerable to the other 10. With M-Khan, however, there's hardly even a need to think. The following set smashes through every single defensive check you can think of:

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Earthquake/Fire Punch/Crunch

Earthquake is what I have been using since the beginning of the meta only a short while ago, and it's what has helped propel me not only to a #1 position in Pokebank, but to five other places in the top-100 with a number of alts. Of course, this doesn't mean much given the state of the ladder at the moment, but it can at least attest to the fact that I have a slight idea about what I'm talking about.

Earthquake leaves the door open for Trevenant and Gourgeist to come in and Will-o-Wisp it. Fire Punch or Crunch, on the other hand, not only beat those two Ghosts, but allow you to get past both Ferrothorn and Skarmory. In truth, I'm only still running Earthquake over one of the two alternatives because it bypasses the guessing game you face against Aegislash by choosing a contact move.

Rocky Helmet on any of the above also help keep M-Khan in check (and, in fact, is the only consistent way of beating the above set with any defensively-oriented Pokemon), but even then, Drain Punch is a viable option that can alleviate the recoil. Sableye can force M-Khan out or rely on the 85% chance to burn it, but even ghosts are hilariously taken care of by simply not Mega-Evolving on a predicted switch to one of them. Return from a regular Adamant Khan does upwards of 50% to defensive Sableye, forcing it to either Recover endlessly or try its luck to burn it, where the Khan user can easily just switch out. Not to mention the fact that a Scrappy Power-up Punch is super-effective against things such as Sableye and Aegislash (though, of course, do much less to a Sableye anyway).

With a ludicrously high number of defensive options typically seen in the metagame bested by M-Khan, what's left are offensive options, right? With 105/100/100 defensive stats, as well as 100 base speed, the only things that are able to reliably take on a M-Khan on their own offensively are those who are faster (or can take a +2 Return), can stomach a +2 Sucker Punch, and can hit it with a STAB, super-effective move. Unfortunately, with Blaziken deemed too powerful for the current meta, that's one less option to send in against a M-Khan once it gets +2 (which it can get on essentially every single thing it forces out). This leaves Lucario, the musketeers, Infernape (who takes 70% from a +2 Sucker Punch), and Mienshao (who takes 80%). It becomes even more centralizing in non-Pokebank OU, as you can only legally access Lucario and Meinshao at the moment. There might be some other niche options I'm neglecting to mention but the point is clear - if you're going to deal with M-Khan directly (rather than sacrificing multiple Pokemon to barrage it with enough priority to break its considerable bulk) you all but need one of a very small number of fast, offensive fighting types.

M-Khan is both way too powerful and way too bulky to be reliably handled by virtually the entire metagame, and uses everything that cannot OHKO or status it as set-up bait to begin its rampage through the rest of your team, which it can pretty easily sweep with a total of 3 moves. I think having a suspect test on it some months in the future is ignoring the devastating impact it already has on the metagame, and I believe it as worthy of a quick-ban as Blaziken -- if not even more worthy.
Thank you for the writeup.

I am just curious why you use Adamant with 252Spe EVs, especially when you consider the premier "counter" to Mega Kang are faster hard-hitting Fighting Types? Shouldn't you be trying to maximize your speed here?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I know some of you will argue that you can say this about a few sweepers, but I've been using Kangaskhan in a generic smashpass team on an alt and have gone 12-1 so far with it (my only loss being to a team containing Rocky Hemlet bulkychomp, and even then I almost won). Kangaskhan is absurdly strong already with 125 base attack and the Parental Bond boost, gives no fucks about whether something is carrying a sash or has Sturdy and Fire Punch eliminates every single defensive pokemon that could actually take a hit from it, barring Sableye, Jellicent and the Dusclops/Dusknoir line. It's absurd how easy it is to just click buttons and win with it...

Update: I'm now 14-2. Guess what I lost to? Another Kangaskhan (this one was a Fake Out/PuP variant). Swept clean by it when I was up big.

Last edited:
I completely agree with metagamesecrets Khan is far too strong in OU (meaning that you cannot build a team without thinking about countering Khan), the only reliable counter being defensive Skarmozy or a successful burn. I think that Khan would be too weak in Uber but it sure has nothing to do in OU imo.

As said before you can only focus on getting rid of its counters and it can then sweep several pokemon easily on its own by setting up with power up punch.

There do are some tricky ways of dealing with it, like switching on an obvious Sucker Punch in order to try to split damages between your pokemon but Khan strikes too hard.

Oh yeah and smashpass on Khan can be even worse because basically you have to do some predictions in order to deal with the situation, switching too early or too late can cause your loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)