Pokémon Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.
im really disappointed that lucario doesnt have a stronger physical steel type move like iron head. even with adaptability, bullet punch still does meagre damage and can only 2hko togekiss which can answer back with flamethrower.
Lucario has access to Iron Tail, but accuracy really damn suck (75%...).

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Bullet Punch is still probably the better move because of priority and being more accurate though, priority moves are still kinda important on it anyways.

Anyways, I really like using Mega Lucario atm, from my experiences it's a damn monster. Those Adaptability Close Combats hurt, and Bullet Punch is nice when you need to pick off something weakened. I run Swords Dance/Close Combat/Bullet Punch/Crunch and it works quite well, it does a lot of hurt even without an SD boost, and with one, it can really wreck. Lucario is definitely a lot more effective than it used to be in BW, although it was pretty decent back then.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
what? you get intimidated and do pitiful not very effective damage, then you are forced to switch out or risk dying to an earthquake variant gyarados. Or he will get a free sub, or a free dragon dance, etc. That is what makes gyarados a dangerous switch in. Moltres comes in, lucario leaves and puts out blissey/heatran/vaporeon/etc (the multitiude of popular special walls in the tier) and moltres is forced out. At best you were lucky enough to have no SR on the field, and at worse you just got chunked and have to roost and get out again. What good is your counter to mega lucario if it also needs to have SR off the field, you can't guarantee that. there's so many reasons I go on about why moltres is in UU for a reason
Offensive Gyarados is not a counter because he can only switch once on Mega Lucario, which can just use Close Combat as Gyarados comes in and OHKO later in the game with a SD boost. I am not saying that offensive Gyarados is easy to switch in, i am saying that offensive Gyarados is not a counter to Mega Lucario. Also, Vaporeon loses to SubRoost + Toxic, and Heatran without Roar gets outstalled. It's clear that you haven't faced SubRoost Moltres so stop bashing it for no reason. I am not saying that it's impossible to switch in, but saying it's easy to counter is an overstatement and not true at all. Finally, about SR, you can guarantee that SR is not on the field just fine, but i am not even going to argue about this as it's a practice thing. Anyway, all you need to take from this convo is that Moltres counters (Mega) Lucario if you manage to keep SR off the field (if you can't then obviously don't use it) and that SubRoost Moltres is not that easy to counter.

I gotta ask, other than dealing with this Mega, what can Moltres DO in OU that it doesn't get outclassed by other fire types?
Moltres has the unique combo of SubRoost + Pressure + Fire STAB, which means that it can stall most Pokemon with Toxic and SubRoost, while OHKO / 2HKOing Steel-types with its Fire STAB. Also, it's one of the bulkiest Fire-types available after Heatran and has an excellent defensive typing (save for SR) and reliable recovery, making it able to check/counter Sheer Force Landorus, Aegislash, Scizor, Genesect, offensive Heatran, Lucario, Mega Charizard Y, Volcarona, Mawile, Scolipede, and more.

The calcs are incorrect since they are using a Moltres uninvested in any sort of bulk. Moltres needs 248 HP / 40 Def to avoid a OHKO from +2 Adamant Close Combat. Thus...

252 SpA Life Orb Noivern Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Moltres: 278-329 (72.58 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Noivern Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Moltres: 321-378 (83.81 - 98.69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And that's not even considering any EVs thrown into SDef.
Right, forgot the bulk. It's just that Fire/Flying for so long has only been to me a "RAWR I'MMA KILL YOU!" kind of type that a defensive fire flying type is just hard to wrap my head around.

Oh, I dunno, probably something I haven't mentioned at least twice already.
SubToxic. This is hair-tearing potential right here, even moreso than SwagKey imo. Ya know, like Gliscor except Fire.

To each his own. I was simply addressing your statement of how 'Gyara is better than Moltres in nearly every scenario'.
Well they were discussing people that "switch in on lucario" so I assumed defensive pivot team as nothing else really makes sense to do that
Offensive Gyarados is not a counter because he can only switch once on Mega Lucario, which can just use Close Combat as Gyarados comes in and OHKO later in the game with a SD boost. I am not saying that offensive Gyarados is easy to switch in, i am saying that offensive Gyarados is not a counter to Mega Lucario. Also, Vaporeon loses to SubRoost + Toxic, and Heatran without Roar gets outstalled. It's clear that you haven't faced SubRoost Moltres so stop bashing it for no reason. I am not saying that it's impossible to switch in, but saying it's easy to counter is an overstatement and not true at all. Finally, about SR, you can guarantee that SR is not on the field just fine, but i am not even going to argue about this as it's a practice thing. Anyway, all you need to take from this convo is that Moltres counters (Mega) Lucario if you manage to keep SR off the field (if you can't then obviously don't use it) and that SubRoost Moltres is not that easy to counter.

Moltres has the unique combo of SubRoost + Pressure + Fire STAB, which means that it can stall most Pokemon with Toxic and SubRoost, while OHKO / 2HKOing Steel-types with its Fire STAB. Also, it's one of the bulkiest Fire-types available after Heatran and has an excellent defensive typing (save for SR) and reliable recovery, making it able to check/counter Sheer Force Landorus, Aegislash, Scizor, Genesect, offensive Heatran, Lucario, Mega Charizard Y, Volcarona, Mawile, Scolipede, and more.
agree to disagree because you aren't even reading my posts and clearly don't know what you are talking about. I'm not talking about offensive gyarados EVs, nobody good runs heatran without roar, and vaporeon never stays in on anything for too long as it's just going to wish pass or use the free turns you are giving it to get in a heal bell or something. Theorycrafting only gets you so far, but when you actually play the game it's easy to look at your posts and laugh.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
agree to disagree because you aren't even reading my posts and clearly don't know what you are talking about. I'm not talking about offensive gyarados EVs, nobody good runs heatran without roar, and vaporeon never stays in on anything for too long as it's just going to wish pass or use the free turns you are giving it to get in a heal bell or something. Theorycrafting only gets you so far, but when you actually play the game it's easy to look at your posts and laugh.
No need to be rude. The reason we assumed you meant offensive Gyarados is because you mentioned Sub and Dragon Dance, which defensive Gyara doesn't run (also SubDD Gyara without offensive EVs isn't optimal). Also, why assume all good Heatrans run Roar (only defensive ones do), and assume Vaporeon doesn't have staying power (if you cannot KO Vappy quickly enough it can and will Scald you to death)?

No need to be rude. The reason we assumed you meant offensive Gyarados is because you mentioned Sub and Dragon Dance, which defensive Gyara doesn't run (also SubDD Gyara without offensive EVs isn't optimal). Also, why assume all good Heatrans run Roar (only defensive ones do), and assume Vaporeon doesn't have staying power (if you cannot KO Vappy quickly enough it can and will Scald you to death)?
rudeness gets rudeness in reply, that's how life works. Defensively EV'd gyarados is fine for pivot teams because you want to maximize the defensive potential of all your pokemon for switching in and wish passes. This allows you to be tanky and also hit hard if needed in a stall war. Heatran is one of the primary phasers in the game, to not run roar on him is just silly. He can handle toxic and will be coming in on most sub'd pokemon to roar them out or to soak up a fire hit, that's pretty much his job. He can give you burns with lava plume or WoW as well. Vaporeon has no staying power vs something that can't be burnt (and we were talking about moltres)

Lately I have been running:
Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
Most people expect a physical Lucario, so running a special Lucario can help get the drop on players. With Dark Pulse/ Aura Sphere/ Flash Cannon you get very good coverage. You can also switch out flash cannon for Vacuum Wave for weakened, faster pokemon.

rudeness gets rudeness in reply, that's how life works. Defensively EV'd gyarados is fine for pivot teams because you want to maximize the defensive potential of all your pokemon for switching in and wish passes. This allows you to be tanky and also hit hard if needed in a stall war. Heatran is one of the primary phasers in the game, to not run roar on him is just silly. He can handle toxic and will be coming in on most sub'd pokemon to roar them out or to soak up a fire hit, that's pretty much his job. He can give you burns with lava plume or WoW as well. Vaporeon has no staying power vs something that can't be burnt (and we were talking about moltres)
So you'd run Roar even in Specs and Scarf Heatran right? And also, more offensive variants of Heatran appreciate having a few damaging moves for their coverage, and then for support options prefer things like Stealth Rock or Taunt, leaving Roar with no room.

I'm pretty much inclined to agreeing that Sub Roost Moltres is probably the best counter to MLuca.
Sub Roost Moltres is actually pretty decent this gen. Moltres's major setback last gen was the relative difficulty in getting rid of Stealth Rock. Alone side the new Defog that has good distribution, Excadril is also back from Ubers and it has good defensive synergy with it.
The merits of Sub Roost Moltres this gen is that it can defeat 14 out of the 20 most commonly used Pokemons in PostBank OU if the user of Moltres is not stupid to use an obvious Roost or Sub. Notable mentions include Genesect, who cannot OHKO with Thunderbolt, Rotom-W, who cannot break its Sub with Volt Switch if it is roosting, and gets its Hydro Pump PP burnt out with Pressure, and Tyranitar, who gets its Stone Edge PP burnt out by Pressure. Moltres's typing lets it resist Fairies, defeating Togekiss, poisoning Azumarill stuck on Play Rough. Hence, Moltres is definitely not a niche counter to Gyarados.

On the other hand,

Offensive DD Gyarados lacks Intimidate, and always gets 2HKOed by +0 Close Combat.
Defensive DD Gyarados lacks Earthquake, and its Waterfall is unable to OHKO unless MLuca chooses to CC instead of SD. And if Gyarados chooses to DD on the SD, then Gyarados wins, but it is shaky at best due to its prediction reliance.
Rest Talk Gyarados has the best chance against MLuca because it avoids the 2HKO. However, if MLuca chooses to SD on the Rest turn, then it still defeats Gyarados majority of the time.

Not to mention, NP MLuca is able to defeat both Gyara (Waterfall does not OHKO without a CC drop) and MVenu (Flash Cannon) whereas Moltres in able to switch into either variant with impunity, and defeat them or force them out.

Too lazy to do calcs but I'm 95% sure that bulky roost volcarona switches in easily with out rocks, and is a great Pokemon outside of this as well. It also beats heatran with out toxic or roar

I'm using a Special End-Game Cleaner Mega Lucario on my Hyper Offence team:

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Adaptability
Timid 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Vacuum Wave
-Aura Sphere
-Flash Cannon
-Shadow Ball / Dark Pulse

No boosting move since it's meant to be an all out attacker to help deal damage on the fly, or clean up late game. I keep going back and forth on the last move. It feels like Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse hit the exact same things. They're both resisted by Dark types, but Fairies resist Dark Pulse and Normals Re immune to Shadow Ball. But who is going to switch a Normal type into a Mega Lucario?

Is it weird that I've seen Dragon Pulses being thrown out by M-Lucario? I don't know, but like, my friend Pyroshade is running:

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability (M-Evo Ability)
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse

It seems to take advantage of the +STAB bonus and Adaptability fairly well, when plugged into (http://pokemondb.net/tools/type-coverage) it comes out with:

No effect - 0
Not Very Effective - 0
Normal Effectiveness - 398
Super Effective - 376

So, is Dragon Pulse a legitimate move on him/her? As there are moves like Vacuum Wave and Nasty Plot, which overall may be more helpful.

I've been running two Pokemon as pure annoyances and to Mega Lucario, these two both make it hard for Mega Lucario to get past them. They don't have huge uses in OU but, still. Here they are:
Mismagius @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Memento

Mismagius is actually a decent counter! It doesn't need any Speed Investment to outspeed Mega Lucario (it essentially has ~118 Speed). Trick is used for everything else. Will-O-Wisp cripples Mega Lucario beyond return! Memento is to pull off Will-O-Wisp -> Switch Out -> Switch In -> Memento, to leave Lucario Burned with -2/-2. It also helps against the opponent if you know they're running Special Lucario, Will-O-Wisp will just slowly wether it. Shadow Ball 2HKOes after Burn, here are some calcs:
252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mismagius: 94-112 (29 - 34.5%) -- 5.2% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Mega Lucario Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mismagius: 186-220 (57.4 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Adaptability burned Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mismagius: 47-56 (14.5 - 17.2%) -- possible 6HKO
252 Atk burned Mega Lucario Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mismagius: 93-110 (28.7 - 33.9%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO
4 SpA Mismagius Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Lucario: 121-144 (43 - 51.2%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO
4 SpA Mismagius Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Lucario: 121-144 (43 - 51.2%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO after burn damage
It is a decent Counter, and a really good check. It just isn't that good overall in OU.

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn

Ok, here it is. One of the best counters. Seriously, before I go in-depth, look at these calcs:
252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 102-121 (31.4 - 37.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 34-41 (10.4 - 12.6%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 Atk Mega Lucario Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 68-81 (20.9 - 25%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
its only hope, Thunder Punch:
252 Atk Mega Lucario Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 256-304 (79 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
doesn't even OHKO. Then lets do this at +2:
+2 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 68-81 (20.9 - 25%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Mega Lucario Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 136-161 (41.9 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 204-241 (62.9 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
then, +4:
+4 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 102-121 (31.4 - 37.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+4 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 306-360 (94.4 - 111.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
+4 252 Atk Mega Lucario Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 204-241 (62.9 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
finally, +6:
+6 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 136-161 (41.9 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252 Atk Mega Lucario Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 272-320 (83.9 - 98.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 408-480 (125.9 - 148.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
It needs +6 to even guarantee a OHKO. In the meantime, it gets burned:
+6 252+ Atk Adaptability burned Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 223-263 (68.8 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
meanwhile:
4 SpA Pelipper Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Lucario: 139-165 (49.4 - 58.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage
4 SpA Pelipper Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Lucario: 102-121 (36.2 - 43%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after burn damage
This will add up to 109.6 - 125.7, combined, with Burn. This will kill it off. I mean, I was that guy who used Pelipper in OU so... Most people don't even remember it haha, but it is one of my bros. Anyways, I'll explain the Moves/EVs now! Scald is for that burn, plus it hits pretty hard with STAB. Hurricane is a secondary STAB move, that hits really hard! U-Turn keeps up momentum, while Roost keeps it alive and healthy! The EVs are odd, as you'd think you'd want 248/252 so that you hit an odd number for SR, but on Pelipper it won't matter, as Roost keeps it healthy really. It also turns Mega Lucario's 252 Close Combat into a 4HKO, which is a 3HKO with 248. It might seem small, but if you switch in, that's one, take another one, that's two and you hope for the burn, then three, it kills you. This is a tiny thing, but it means leaps and bounds. I'm building a team with this fearsome bird right now actually! The RMT should be up soon, but that's off the point. Anyways, Pelipper is one of those niche mons that is a great counter to a top OU Threat!

I added the NP set in the OP. Sorry for it being so late.

Aura sphere should used over vacuum wave right?
Not always. Dark Pulse is the priority option, if you ask me. Mainly for Ghost types and Aegislash, who otherwise wall you. Though Vacuum Wave has its merits as you can hit things like Scarfed Gene which you OHKO after SR + 1 spike. At +2 you are able to heavily dent Scarf Chomp, Scarf Keldeo, and OHKO Scarf Terrakion all of which can come in to revenge kill you.

What about Zapdos? I know we're saying a lot about Moltres, but Zapdos is comprable in defensive capability, but has only a 1/4th SR weakness, as compared to Moltres (who loses ½ its health should SR be on the field). The two only differ by 5 points in their Def stat, but it does make a big difference in investment. However, I think the fact that it doesn't take super-effective damage from either of MLucario's STABs, as well as the fact that it can do hefty damage with Thunderbolt (or Heat Wave in Pokebank play) and can also Roost/Toxic?

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 92 SDef or Spd
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave / Substitute
- Toxic / Substitute
- Roost

With the given EVs, Zapdos always avoids the OHKO after SR from a +2 MLucario Close Combat and can OHKO with Heat Wave. I personally prefer Zapdos because I have less anxiety over SR than I would Moltres.

Lucario often carries Ice Punch though.
Yeah, but remember

0 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 157-186 (55.6 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Lucario: 157-186 (55.6 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Mega Lucario Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Zapdos: 168-198 (43.7 - 51.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Mega Lucario Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Zapdos: 332-392 (86.4 - 102%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Mega Lucario Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 168-198 (43.7 - 51.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Mega Lucario Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 332-392 (86.4 - 102%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

So at the very least Lucario can't switch IN on Zapdos with a sub or full health and win without luck.

Defiantly one of the best counters to MLuke is rest talk Gyara. Intimidate with pretty good bulk and typing means he is great switch in to the physical set and with great natural special bulk he can switch in to the special set fairly easy as well. He can hit back hard with Stab Waterfall and either phase Luke out with Dtail/Roar and hit even harder if you choose to run EQ over a phasing move.

Yeah, but remember

0 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 157-186 (55.6 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Lucario: 157-186 (55.6 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Mega Lucario Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Zapdos: 168-198 (43.7 - 51.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Mega Lucario Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Zapdos: 332-392 (86.4 - 102%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Mega Lucario Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 168-198 (43.7 - 51.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Mega Lucario Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 332-392 (86.4 - 102%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

So at the very least Lucario can't switch IN on Zapdos with a sub or full health and win without luck.
Zapdos has Heatwave from PokeBank

Currently trying out a mixed set with Nasty Plot. It is the most murderous thing I've witnessed next to M-Kang, and I'm surprised, no-one else is running it.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Naive nature
Ability: Justified => Adaptability
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Close Combat
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse

You need not even Attack EVs to one-shot Chansey and Blissey, which is huge, because they could otherwise survive a +2 Aura Sphere and cripple you with T-Wave. It 2-shots other special walls like Goodra (possibly OHKO after rocks). Fairies are murdered by Flash Cannon, and for ghosts, there's Dark Pulse. I don't think it has any sort of reliable counter (maybe Zapdos? Moltres? and you'd better hope, you don't get flinchaxed), only revenge-killers or shaky switch-ins. The only problem here is lack of priority, but with 112 base speed, do you really need it? You need only worry about Talonflame and Thundurus, and they can't switch in (and they resist your priority anyway so)

Interesting. I think it would be a better idea to have Vacuum Wave and Iron Tail rather than Close Combat and Flash Cannon. Priority is always a safe thing to have and Vacuum Wave is incredibly powerful with +2 SA and Adaptability. Fairies tend to have high Special Defense, so a Physical move would bring them down much easier. I know Iron Tail has low accuracy, but the risk is worth it and 75% isn't horrid (still bad though). You could try replacing with Bullet Punch, but that would be underwhelming without investing in attack. I'll have to try the set out though before saying anything further though.

I like the set. Spdef skarm switches in probably, and bulky volcarona without rocks, but bulky volcarona switches into every lucario besides stone edge(plz don't run stone edge). The biggest problem I really see is rotom w, who isn't hit too hard by any move (does cc 2hko physically defensive?). Also random shit like vaporeon are gonna ruin your day, as it loses that beautiful +2 aura sphere. Now that I think about it, I'm not too sure, as there are definitive downside, and it still beat no twave blobs and weakened goodra, but it's worth considering
Currently trying out a mixed set with Nasty Plot. It is the most murderous thing I've witnessed next to M-Kang, and I'm surprised, no-one else is running it.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Naive nature
Ability: Justified => Adaptability
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Close Combat
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse

You need not even Attack EVs to one-shot Chansey and Blissey, which is huge, because they could otherwise survive a +2 Aura Sphere and cripple you with T-Wave. It 2-shots other special walls like Goodra (possibly OHKO after rocks). Fairies are murdered by Flash Cannon, and for ghosts, there's Dark Pulse. I don't think it has any sort of reliable counter (maybe Zapdos? Moltres? and you'd better hope, you don't get flinchaxed), only revenge-killers or shaky switch-ins. The only problem here is lack of priority, but with 112 base speed, do you really need it? You need only worry about Talonflame and Thundurus, and they can't switch in (and they resist your priority anyway so)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)