Move New Egg Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Pokemon Bank going live and a couple of new moves gracing some old Pokemon, I thought I'd start up a thread to discuss some of the more interesting additions.

For example, Weezing just recently had toxic spikes added to its movepool.
So did Cofagarigus.
Torkoal got Superpower (lol)
Ariados got megahorn
etc...

As this is similar to the Old Mons thread, lets try to keep discussion on the topic of new egg moves for old pokes and newly discovered egg moves/breeding chains for new pokes,(now that pokebank is live) and subsequently, the new move-sets that can be made/discussed around the new moves.

For everyone's convenience, Serebii has a list of all the new egg moves here in case you're not up to speed on what's new. It includes all new egg moves, not just Pokebank ones, so be careful.

So I'm going to say the surprises that came to me;

Charmander with Air Cutter
Psyduck with Clear Smog
Seel with Belch
Maril with Camouflage
Delibird with Spikes, Destiny Bond
Phanpy with Play Rough (:D)
Tailow with Boomburst
Surskit with Power Split
Roselia with Bullet Seed
Anorith with Aqua Jet
Chimecho with Recover (meh)
Stunky with Play Rough
Elemental Monkeys with Disarming Voice
Pidove with Night Slash (WTH?)
Cubchoo with Play Rough

While not really relevant in OU, Escavalier gets Drill Run now so it finally has some coverage to hit Steel and Fire type pokemon. In the past all he had for his Choice Band set outside his STAB was Return, Pursuit, Poison Jab or Sleep Talk....so he definitely appreciates it.

Last edited:
Sharpedo gets Destiny Bond. Might be an interesting option for taking out a foe it cannot power past since it is very frail and has speed boost.

Stunky getting Play Rough gives Stuntank another coverage option. I know that he had pretty good coverage in the past, but it's a strong move with nice coverage.

Sharpedo gets Destiny Bond. Might be an interesting option for taking out a foe it cannot power past since it is very frail and has speed boost.
Sharpedo is a lategame sweeper anyways, it comes out once the opponent's team is weak. Destiny Bond also doesn't help against Priority, its main issue.

Also there's another thread for discussing Pokebank changes.

A fast Destiny Bond is a fine atrribute. Period.
(And if it 'only comes out when opponents team is weak' it should run Aqua Jet, KO everything and not worry about priority either)

A fast Destiny Bond is a fine atrribute. Period.
(And if it 'only comes out when opponents team is weak' it should run Aqua Jet, KO everything and not worry about priority either)
There's two ways to play Sharpedo really. One way is to get rid of priority and then sweep, with the help of Protect, and the other way is to use Aqua Jet instead, but Aqua Jet really constrains the rest of its movepool, as you are pretty much forced to run Waterfall, Crunch, and Ice Beam too.

Also Froslass and Mega Banette have fast Destiny Bonds too. There's too many ways around it, and Sharpedo needs the moveslot for either Protect or Aqua Jet.

I actually really like that Armaldo got Aqua Jet. I always thought he was a cool poke with abysmal speed, so the priority might really help.

Something like:

Armaldo @ Life Orb
Battle Armor/Swift Swim
-Swords Dance
-Stone Edge/Rock Blast
-Aqua Jet
-Superpower/Rapid Spin/X-scissor

It might function as a decent bulky/trick room sweeper considering it has pretty good defensive stats (75/100/80)and that awesome 125 attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)