Let's Play! Twitch Plays Pokemon

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
The fuck are you talking about

Eeveefags ruined the game

Flareon getting released was a well-coordinated effort by the community, it only proves Anarchy works

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
inb4 the well-coordinated effort by the community causes Pidgeot to be released.

just get a slowbro or a starmie halfway through and everything will be k

democracy makes things too easy :/ not that the silph scope is strictly necessary for progression in Red/Blue if i remember things right

Guys stop freaking out about the democracy/anarchy thing. literally everyone with common sense in the stream only votes democracy when in dungeons and anarchy anywhere else

"The experiment is dead" posts make no sense to me. This is like an update to the experiment. It's even a lot more interesting now that people have to choose between the better system and the more enjoyable system.

also while democracy is boring watching 1 little person walk around arrows for 2 days is more boring. The creator simply just wants thing to move along ffs

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I really hope this democracy bullshit gets voted out before we get to the Safari Zone.

also while democracy is boring watching 1 little person walk around arrows for 2 days is more boring. The creator simply just wants thing to move along ffs
And why should we even "move along"? You don't have to watch for two whole days, not even for two whole hours. Just try to help whenever you can (and try to beat the lag) and leave other people to input keypresses any other time.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
lol the polling is so rigged... at one point you needed 80% support for democracy to go through, and now it's the opposite (unless i'm not understanding the scale correctly)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^It's meant to be that way. Once it switches between the two states, it requires a 75% support for the other state to switch back. It's to keep it from pendelling back and forth around 50%.

I really hope this democracy bullshit gets voted out before we get to the Safari Zone.

And why should we even "move along"? You don't have to watch for two whole days, not even for two whole hours. Just try to help whenever you can (and try to beat the lag) and leave other people to input keypresses any other time.
I know i don't have to watch 24/7 i just want to know that when i go back on we will not be in the same god damn puzzle.
but anyway we are almost at giovanni
Its going to immeaditaly be voted out after Rocket HQ anyway

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Just a reminder that we almost got to the exit of the first puzzle twice before this democracy/anarchy stuff happened (and then right afterwards, used an escape rope once and dig the other time)

I thought these were some good points as to why the democracy vote should go immediately:

The stream may be incapable of beating the game, that's part of the fun.
The point wasn't to figure out how to successfully navigate the game, It was to hook the game up to a stream and see what happens. If the end result is 15 days in the arrow maze, so fucking be it, that's the way it went.
Changing the system to be more stable, predictable and controlled defeats the entire novel idea.
Obviously single player is the best way, and pure anarchy is the worst way to progress.
But that's why it's so mind-boggling to make progress, because you made progress despite it being the worst fucking way possible to make progress.
Too many controls in place and it becomes a boring collective let's play, the game gets beat and everyone talks about how amazing it was BEFORE they rigged it for success.
A vote for democracy is a vote to end the original experiment and admit defeat.
I'd rather this stream die in the arrow maze a month from now than to progress through the rest of the game successfully with a different system in place.
This entire stream is a perfect representation of why video game difficulty has become a joke over the past decade.
Democracy turns the entire stream into a slow moving lets play where no silliness happens which ruins the entire reason why it's entertaining to watch

Would the helix fossil, false prophet flareon, releasing ABBBBBBK( and JLVWNNOOOO, The Ledge, etc have been a thing if the democracy stuff was there from the beginning?

Not only that but look at the chat -- more than half of it has just turned into democracy/anarchy commands instead of actually moving Red around

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
i prefer democracy tbh. actually makes this game watchable for more than a few minutes. i like the slow progress rather than the dumb fuckups, its just more entertaining to me

Just a reminder that we almost got to the exit of the first puzzle twice before this democracy/anarchy stuff happened (and then right afterwards, used an escape rope once and dig the other time)

I thought these were some good points as to why the democracy vote should go immediately:

Democracy turns the entire stream into a slow moving lets play where no silliness happens which ruins the entire reason why it's entertaining to watch

Would the helix fossil, false prophet flareon, releasing ABBBBBBK( and JLVWNNOOOO, The Ledge, etc have been a thing if the democracy stuff was there from the beginning?

Not only that but look at the chat -- more than half of it has just turned into democracy/anarchy commands instead of actually moving Red around
I honestly think that the stream owner should just executivly decided to remove the democracy/anarchy system unless we reach a that we would just lie in for 1 1/2 days like the rocket HQ. And I really don't think watching teh same group of pixels do the same screw up for an absurd amount of time is entertaining. sure if the anarchy system only messed up in funny ways (read: unique) a couple of times and then progressed so they could mess up again at a different area, sure just go anarchy always. but becauase we were basically watching a gif over and over it was not entertaining at all.

tl;dr get rid of the democratic/anarchic system until we get out of celedon and reach silph co or victory road. and mess ups are only entertaining when they don't repeat 1000 times

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
...Actually, did we even need Democracy? I've always heard you could use a PokéDoll against the Mother Marowak, so we could have avoided this whole drama.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
...Actually, did we even need Democracy? I've always heard you could use a PokéDoll against the Mother Marowak, so we could have avoided this whole drama.
We bought three and then tossed them 30 minutes later

I honestly think that the stream owner should just executivly decided to remove the democracy/anarchy system unless we reach a that we would just lie in for 1 1/2 days like the rocket HQ. And I really don't think watching teh same group of pixels do the same screw up for an absurd amount of time is entertaining. sure if the anarchy system only messed up in funny ways (read: unique) a couple of times and then progressed so they could mess up again at a different area, sure just go anarchy always. but becauase we were basically watching a gif over and over it was not entertaining at all.

tl;dr get rid of the democratic/anarchic system until we get out of celedon and reach silph co or victory road. and mess ups are only entertaining when they don't repeat 1000 times
Rocket HQ has teleport pads which aren't nearly as bad as these spinning mazes. Honestly there's nothing else as difficult as them until we hit victory road

We bought three and then tossed them 30 minutes later

Rocket HQ has teleport pads which aren't nearly as bad as these spinning mazes. Honestly there's nothing else as difficult as them until we hit victory road
Rocket HQ = the dungeon we just completed

Mario With Lasers
We didn't need democracy for that we needed it to complete rocket HQ. our chances of actually using a pokedoll are so tiny that it shouldn't be considered as an option

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)