Let's Play! Twitch Plays Pokemon

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Major power struggle going on in the Saffron Poké Center. It seems like some want to go to the PC to swap out a few useless party members (Cabbage and All-Terrain-Venomoth, probably) for more competent fighters (BigDig and Gastly, probably) before going to Silph Co. and retreive Lapras. Others fear they will end up releasing something again. The party currently has five 'mons in it, and it seems to be the will of the people that once Lapras is acquired, they will try to stay away from the PC as long as they can. Some argue they better get a better team before going for Lapras, others mean that the team is fine as it is, and they run too big a risk by going to the PC.

So Red keeps walking back and forth inside (and eventually, outside) the Poké Center, obviously having a loud discussion with himself while the bystanders can only watch in shock. Myself, I think that Cabbage and ATV are mostly dead weight, but certainly less dead than an accidentally Pidgeot-free team. Lapras will bring great firepower to the team and possibly save it from sucking throughout the remainder of the game. Keeper, Lapras and Pidgeot might be strong enough to pull the team through whatever remains.

Also, at some point, a second trip to the depths of the Safari Zone is needed. However, surfing across ponds makes the trip almost trivial, if they manage to coordinate it.

EDIT: Something, be it sense or coincidence, prevailed, and they are now currently trying for Silph Co. This might be frustrating, but now I support the anarchists. They have all the time they want, all the steps they want and all the money they need. At this point, the game is practically un-lose-able and can be won through sheer button mashing.

Last edited:
What, did they NOT get the teeth? Someone sure lied to me. Anyway, I'd actually support the risky option here for the drama, because that's the best part of this whole damn thing.

blitzlefan

shake it off!

The fanart for twitchplayspokemon is really spectacular!
(open in new tab i guess? it's sort of large but in hide tags it's puny - how do i deal with this???)

breh

強いだね
Can someone explain why Flareon is always portrayed as mildly satanic in all the fanart?
Trying to free up a slot for Eevee (to be used as surf slave in vaporeon form) was both a waste of two pokemon (in trying to make room, they released J. Leno and Abby and a Fire Stone / money.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We've finished the Safari Park, got Lapras, taught it Surf and Strength, and we're currently going through Silph Co. Right now, we're having a very hard time navigating around a table.

mien

Tournament Banned
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not sure if this has been posted before but you can use this script to check the chat on twitch without the commands (although it's still going unbelievably fast), in case you were wondering what the hivemind is currently thinking.

on chrome type ctrl+shift+j
Copypaste this pastebin and press enter
Then these buttons will appear allowing you to remove the commands from the chat

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^I'll be more inclined to use the word "F###ing miracle", but yeah.

Speaking of catching Mewtwo, when do you think the creators would assume the experiment to be concluded? What would happen after the Elite Four? Would becoming the Champion be counted as the ultimate success, and the game thus ended, or would a trip to Cerulean Cave be in order? What if they got all the way to Mewtwo? Would the game be edited to keep Mewtwo respawning in the (extremely likely) event of it being knocked out or ran away from? And even if they do capture it, what would be next? Would the creators keep the game running and let its popularity gradually die out with there being nothing left to do? Or would they just say "OK, nothing left to do after this point, thanks for playing"?

Personally, I'd prefer the game to end once a set objective is reached. And for me, that objective would be "Beat the Elite Four". Blue beaten, end credits roll, fade to black, stay that way.

I don't think Cerulean Cave would be necessary. Let it remain in the fanon as "promised land" or something. All good things must come to an end, and it's just as good to end it on a high note.

That being said, if they then went on to continue the experiment with Pokémon Gold/Silver starting up after the end credits rolled, I totally wouldn't mind.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I believe the guy behind the stream officially said he'd end it once we defeat the Champion.

I don't think using the Master Ball on Snorlax would be a terrible idea. Snorlax is a fantastic Pokemon, and we wouldn't have to go out of our way to get him.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I voted zapdos before remembering that getting to zapdos involves either: LEDGE HELL redux or rock tunnel

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I voted Moltres because it's not out of the way and Fire Spin is great in theory.

I think it's a given at this point that if we want Zapdos democracy is gonna have to lead us into that hell again (fight fire with fire I suppose). In the E4 Agatha is the scariest given the current makeup of the team, but we also have Lance afterwards so Articuno spamming Ice beam would be nice but Zapdos is easier to get and his neutrality is also nice.

I remember the reddit folks being worried about the non attacking moves Snorlax has so there's that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)