Pokémon Sylveon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Curious what everyone thinks as to the viability of this set...

Sylveon @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature / 252 Atk, 252 Def, 4 HP / Pixilate
- Curse
- Wish
- Protect
- Last Resort

Just use those Moves in that order. If I've calculated correctly, the Pixilated Last resort should have 273 BP. I don't know how to factor in Sylveon's Attack stat (w/max IV and EV), the Curse boost or Life Orb, since I really don't know how damage calculation works, but I'm thinking it's gonna be massive. And nothing's Immune to Fairy, so even if they switch in something resistant, it should still do significant damage.

I dunno, I'm not a competive battler.
That's a very niche set, but it may have some merit, as it actually does hit harder than Hyper Voice.

That's a very niche set, but it may have some merit, as it actually does hit harder than Hyper Voice.
Other than the obvious Taunt completely ruining the set if you haven't used everything yet, what are some other problems with it? As I say, I'm no competitive battler, so I don't know enough to see what would potentially be a problem. Sylveon's definitely bulky enough to get through setup, so it's one of the few mons that can make use of the very difficult-to-use Last Resort.

The only real problem I can see with the set other than Taunt ruining it is that Eevee also gets Double-Edge, which is only 20 BP less, but has triple the PP and doesn't need setting up. It causes nasty recoil, obviously, but WishTect solves that problem. I suppose the setup time and precariousness probably doesn't justify the meager 20 BP higher that Last Resort is than Double-Edge.

I don't know how to run the numbers, though. Isn't there a program that does that? Guess I could go through OU and see whether that 20 BP is enough to turn significant 2HKOs into OHKOs...

New member here, I'm very new to all this stuff and started using sylveon, I think he's awesome. So I wanna fit him into my team, but I don't really know anything.

But I want sylveon as a bulky special sweeper(ish). Something along the lines of:

Sylveon (Modest)
Ability: Pixelate
Calm Mind
Hyper Voice
Wish
Shadow Ball/Psyshock (undecided)

I also really like Vaporeon as a wall, and was thinking of him being a support with Wish/Scald/Acid Armor/Baton Pass.

This would help shore up sylveon's Defense when it came time for it, to make it last a bit longer. But it seems like Baton Pass isn't favored unless you center a whole team around it?

And also a little bit rambling, but if that's so, what if Sylveon was also a Baton Passer, with the same moveset as above, but replace Shadow Ball/Psyshock with Baton Pass? He would lose coverage, but could boost his SpA and then pass that to a sweeper who had Shadow Ball/something better. Any thoughts? And I'm also confused with what EV spread I should use with these sets

Other than the obvious Taunt completely ruining the set if you haven't used everything yet, what are some other problems with it? As I say, I'm no competitive battler, so I don't know enough to see what would potentially be a problem. Sylveon's definitely bulky enough to get through setup, so it's one of the few mons that can make use of the very difficult-to-use Last Resort.

The only real problem I can see with the set other than Taunt ruining it is that Eevee also gets Double-Edge, which is only 20 BP less, but has triple the PP and doesn't need setting up. It causes nasty recoil, obviously, but WishTect solves that problem. I suppose the setup time and precariousness probably doesn't justify the meager 20 BP higher that Last Resort is than Double-Edge.

I don't know how to run the numbers, though. Isn't there a program that does that? Guess I could go through OU and see whether that 20 BP is enough to turn significant 2HKOs into OHKOs...
I think the main problem is that Sylveon's Atk and Def stats are absolutely horrible even with investment. Even with an Adamant nature, Sylveon's Atk stat barely reaches 251 whereas her Sp.Atk stat sits at 256 without any investment whatsoever. Last Resort is never the best move to use because you have to potentially go through 3 turns to even use it and thus give 2 turns to the opponent to set up. This set is also outclassed by Umbreon who makes better use of Curse.

It's not that difficult to trade for a hyper voice eevee on cartridge. It just might be pokegenned or cloned if you care about these things
Fixed. It's not like it's hard, or that Eevee has that many great egg moves. A bonus is that you won't look dumb if you hatch a shiny.
Jolteon doesn't and wish is rare sight on espeon as well

I'm talking about on a cartridge for players who can't obtain a Hyper Voice Sylveon with Pixelate. Without Pixelate, Sylveon is not as good as Florges. And Florges is not horrible, it's just outclassed by Pixelate Sylveon.

Alright then. Apparently I'm wrong. Sorry guys. But it's still hard to get, and sometimes may not be worth it for a new player who just wants to start playing competitively on a cartridge.

Thanks Mario With Lasers for the catch (although the DL actually did close).

Sylveon is still better than Florges lol. Most players ue Showdown! and a better alternative to Sylveon on cartridge is Togekiss imo.

Curious what everyone thinks as to the viability of this set...

Sylveon @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature / 252 Atk, 252 Def, 4 HP / Pixilate
- Curse
- Wish
- Protect
- Last Resort

Just use those Moves in that order. If I've calculated correctly, the Pixilated Last resort should have 273 BP. I don't know how to factor in Sylveon's Attack stat (w/max IV and EV), the Curse boost or Life Orb, since I really don't know how damage calculation works, but I'm thinking it's gonna be massive. And nothing's Immune to Fairy, so even if they switch in something resistant, it should still do significant damage.

I dunno, I'm not a competive battler.
+6 252+ Atk Life Orb Pixilate Sylveon Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 256-302 (66.3 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Still, it's impossible to set up that much. People've been trying to make Curseeon work for awhile now, and it doesn't.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sylveon is still better than Florges lol. Most players use Showdown! and a better alternative to Sylveon on cartridge is Togekiss imo.
I honestly don't really see the difference between Sylveon and Florges, besides Sylveon's higher HP and ability to break subs. Sylveon is better than Florges in every way, but they're pretty much the same Pokemon, as opposed to Togekiss who serves a completely different role. Besides, Togekiss doesn't get Heal Bell/Aromatherapy, has much weaker Fairy STAB, and is weak to SR which limits his wish passing abilities. The only thing it gets over Florges is Baton Pass. Togekiss should not be compared to Florges since it should not be used as a Wish Passer.

+6 252+ Atk Life Orb Pixilate Sylveon Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 256-302 (66.3 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Still, it's impossible to set up that much. People've been trying to make Curseeon work for awhile now, and it doesn't.
Wrong font.

I honestly don't really see the difference between Sylveon and Florges, besides Sylveon's higher HP and ability to break subs. Sylveon is better than Florges in every way, but they're pretty much the same Pokemon, as opposed to Togekiss who serves a completely different role. Besides, Togekiss doesn't get Heal Bell/Aromatherapy, has much weaker Fairy STAB, and is weak to SR which limits his wish passing abilities. The only thing it gets over Florges is Baton Pass. Togekiss should not be compared to Florges since it should not be used as a Wish Passer.

Wrong font.

My computer was about to die, please forgive me ;). And no, Florges is worse in about every way. It's difference in bulk is hardly enough:
252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sylveon: 108-127 (27.4 - 32.2%) -- 57.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Florges: 94-112 (26.1 - 31.1%) -- 12.3% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
And it passes smaller wishes, while being complete Taunt bait and lacking Hyper Voice. It really has nothing on Sylveon bar a higher Speed, which doesn't mean anything. Florges is a goddess in UU, however, where it can truly shine. In OU, however, Sylveon outclasses it. But let's not do the whole Sylveon vs. Florges thing that happened in the Florges thread. And Specially Defensive Togekiss is a thing, almost as much bulk as Sylveon:
252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Togekiss: 118-139 (31.5 - 37.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
but, it does have larger wishes than Florges as well, but SR is easy to get rid of nowadays. And also, if you really want an alternative Wish passer, than Chansey fits the bill, just with a worse typing.

Honestly, unless you're baton passing boosts from Scolipede, Baton Pass isn't a great strategy, especially when you have two very similar pokemon (Vaporeon + Sylveon). Passing acid armor boosts to help Sylveon set up and sweep is cool, but the Sylveon shouldn't have Wish/Baton Pass, as it won't be a good offensive pokemon. If your goal is to have an offensive Sylveon, use Calm Mind + 3 attacks. But, if you want to make a dual baton pass team, which isn't recommended, your set is good. Also, for EV's, you'd likely want to max out you defense and HP, and Sylveon's physical bulk is not good.
Thanks for your help. So you think CM + 3 attacks is better than CM+Wish+2 attacks for self-healing?

EDIT: I've done some research, and I think I wanna run sylveon as part of a defensive core with M-Aggron or Scizor. So I have a basic specially defensive Sylveon.

Slyveon (Bold)
EV: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpA
Ability: Pixilate
Hyper Voice
Shadow Ball/Psyshock (Shadow Ball for coverage, Psyshock for dealing with Poison)
Protect/Calm Mind
Wish

My question is which should I run between Protect and Calm Mind. Protect provides guaranteed Wish recovery, but if you switch in on a Dragon or fighting type, you can set up a Calm Mind or two to help increase it's special defense and act as a sweep counter. Thoughts?

Last edited:
My friend genned a shiny 5iv HA Eevee for me with hyper voice, wish and heal bell, and he got it through bank but when he tried trading it to me, there was a message saying that there was a pokemon in either player's party that cannot be traded. Why is this?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My friend genned a shiny 5iv HA Eevee for me with hyper voice, wish and heal bell, and he got it through bank but when he tried trading it to me, there was a message saying that there was a pokemon in either player's party that cannot be traded. Why is this?
This isn't the place to ask this (use the Simple Questions/Simple Answers thread), but this happened to me before. Just get another Eevee.

Hey guys, new user here. Been playing Pokemon since Yellow, but haven't really gotten into competitive battling til now. I actually finished breeding my first 5 perfect IV pokemon this week. It's a ton of fun and strangely relaxing too. Eevee's always been my favorite, so I would love to have a Sylveon on my team. Problem is I just don't know how to assemble a good team. I have very little knowledge on team strategies and what roles different Pokemon should play. So I need your advice, guys.

My first Pokemon is
Ambipom (Jolly)
EV: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 Def
Ability: Technician
Power-Up Punch
Double Hit
Pursuit
Fake Out

So I don't know what other kind of Pokemon I should use, but I hope Sylveon can fit in a team with this.
Anyone have any advice what kind of moveset I should give Sylveon and what role it can play? Also note that I can't get Hyper Voice, I don't own BW2.
Thanks guys!

How come the set without Substitute has Baton Pass and the set with Substitute doesn't?
Sylveon has trouble baton passing substitutes and boosts and maintaining an offensive set with just 1 offensive move.

A dry baton pass brings teammates in safely and they also can be healed by wish.

I have a shiny 6 Iv Sylveon, I was wondering what you guys thought best to do with this set.

Nature - Modest
Ability - Cute Charm

Ev's 252 HP 252 Spe Attack, 4 Spe Defence

Any advice appreciated.

Hey guys, new user here. Been playing Pokemon since Yellow, but haven't really gotten into competitive battling til now. I actually finished breeding my first 5 perfect IV pokemon this week. It's a ton of fun and strangely relaxing too. Eevee's always been my favorite, so I would love to have a Sylveon on my team. Problem is I just don't know how to assemble a good team. I have very little knowledge on team strategies and what roles different Pokemon should play. So I need your advice, guys.

My first Pokemon is
Ambipom (Jolly)
EV: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 Def
Ability: Technician
Power-Up Punch
Double Hit
Pursuit
Fake Out

So I don't know what other kind of Pokemon I should use, but I hope Sylveon can fit in a team with this.
Anyone have any advice what kind of moveset I should give Sylveon and what role it can play? Also note that I can't get Hyper Voice, I don't own BW2.
Thanks guys!
you should have u-turn on ampibom, absolutely wrecks baton pass teams trying to set up

Are there any sets for Sylveon that wouldn't miss a Pixilate Hyper Voice? I recently got my hands on a Love Ball Eevee I want to make into a Sylveon (probably hacked as ball combination is illegal but no complains for me as it can be bred legit)

Obviously Love ball being a HGSS exclusive ball that means HA is not an option if I want to use it. I've been getting matching balls for all Eeveelutions and want to do it for all 7. On Pokémon Showdown the main use I put for Sylveon is a gimmicky Life Orb/Choice Band abuser of Pixilate Return/Quick Attack. Only other way I used it back around the early days of X/Y OU I used:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Bold
Cute Charm
248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
-Baby Doll Eyes
-Moon Blast
-Wish
-Baton Pass / Protect / Toxic

I guess Moon Blast could also be dropped for Protect/Toxic as well but my main use for Sylveon back then was just to first use Baby Doll Eyes to turn some hits that would kill it in x # of hits to x+1 # of hits mostly being the case allowing it to give it that extra turn to Wish. Moon Blast is to do the same for special attackers. I mainly then use Baton Pass to scout or gain a free switch in to set up on a slightly nerfed opponent. Baby Doll Eyes could also be dropped for Charm but I really like Baby Doll Eye's priority as Sylveon's speed isn't the greatest when compared to the things it should be using Baby Doll Eyes on.

Don't know if I can use that successfully or if its at all viable but I'm just looking for a set that I can use w/ Cute Charm w/o missing Hyper Voice. Also I would like to know if Cute Charm's effects can be Baton Passed in a way.

Has anyone pointed out the Specs set yet? If not, you guys are missing on a ton of power:

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
I've used it quite a bit, and I love it. It can use Hyper Voice as a Nuke, and that is basically it. Psyshock hits Poison types. Ground hits Fire and Steel types, but using HP Fire is an alternative. I prefer Ground to hit Heatran and Magnezone and such. Shadow Ball is decent neutral coverage, only being resisted by Pyroar.

Erm... first time posting, but can I recommend a more mixed defensive set?

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def/ 8 SAtk or 8 SDef or 8 Spd
Bold Nature
-Calm Mind
-Psyshock
-Shadow Ball
-Moonblast
This is actually the set I used for my Sylveon, and it works pretty well for me. It can take a surprising amount of punishment, and does a good job of killing things after a calm mind boost.

how should I ev spread, my eevee? its calm nature has hyper voice, heal bell and wish... And yes Im planning to evolved it to sylveon...

For some reason I can't transfer my Eevee with Hyper Voice, Wish and Heal Bell through Poke Transporter. I've checked everything, it's all legal but it still wont go through.

It's probably been brought up somewhere before, but specs Sylveon is worth another mention. A specs Hyper Voice hits harder than any other fairy move in OU, leaving a massive dent or outright OHKOing things expecting a hit from the defensive set.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fire/Ground
- Psyshock

This set has a lot of surprise factor to it, being able to lure in your common checks and demolish them with a super-effective hit. Hyper Voice is what you'll want to use 90% of the time, hitting single resists harder than anything not super-effective. Everything else is there only to hit fairy resists super-effectively. Shadow Ball 2HKOs Aegislash through shield form, while a +2 shadow sneak from weakness policy sets won't be able to kill you. The choice of hidden power is determined by what you're looking to bait in. HP ground 2HKOs specially-defensive Heatran, while HP fire hits Scizor and Ferrothorn. HP rock is also an option for things like Volcarona and Rotom-H, but neither of them are seen nearly as often. Psyshock hits Mega Venusaur decently hard, though it falls short of 2HKOing physically defensive sets while Sludge Bomb is a 3HKO. This is probably the most flexible spot on the moveset, as Psyshock doesn't hit anything else besides Tentacruel and Scolipede. Draining Kiss can be used to get some health back from weakened targets, but it will likely force you to switch out once something healthier comes in. If Sylveon gets trick or something from a tutor in the near future, it would be an excellent way to ruin the pink blobs as they try to come in on you.

The set does require a bit of prediction to pull off sometimes, but it's definitely worth using.

I honestly don't really see the difference between Sylveon and Florges, besides Sylveon's higher HP and ability to break subs. Sylveon is better than Florges in every way, but they're pretty much the same Pokemon
I think you're right but the difference I see if the abilities. Florges seems to be built for doubles since both it's abilities support partners while Sylveon has both a defensive and an offensive ability so a player decides what role it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)