Media One Piece (spoilers!)

...OK wat the frak just happened here.

Edit: If Law did use room doesn't it mean that DF's head is simply separated from his body as opposed to being decapitated? Actually that makes sense, there is no blood in the scene. But still my God, between that and Dragon breath...speechless.

Last edited:

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
It'd be pretty lame if Doflamingo had to be saved by Law using room.

Like, way to completely ruin all the hype Oda has built up over the years for nothing.

It must be something else.

Edit: Unless Doflamingo is controlling Law with his strings and thus saving himself so to say, that'd work.

Last edited:

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
nice room decapitation there and omfg fangirlgasm at sabo

ty for this week's chapter and conclusion of the awful sugar subplot

toys back so shit hitting that fan

also pana i think it is more likely dd forced law to use room than law saving dd, but who knows

Wow, what a chapter:

By far, my favorite part though was Senor Pink's reaction:

"That miserable skinny runt.

...I hope she's not too badly injured."

"KYAAAA <3 Senor!!!!"

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
actually thinking about it a bit panamaxis

I have to assume Law was restricted by seastone cuffs right? Otherwise he could just room teleport himself out of there...

Since no blood I also have to assume not a real beheading.

So remaining options are what, DD controlling Law's room, or I guess Pika making a Rock DD clone (he did conveniently leave the Zoro fight)...or I guess DD's fruit somehow being a logia???

Since this isn't Naruto with clones and shit I'll assume Pika disappeared for something else...

Logia just doesn't seem to mesh with the power so ima go with DD controlling Law's power over Law saving DD cause I have to assume seastone handcuffs

And that actually just builds DD's hype for me cause man, if we can control your DF ability too...

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

I have to assume Law was restricted by seastone cuffs right? Otherwise he could just room teleport himself out of there...

So remaining options are what, DD controlling Law's room, or I guess Pika making a Rock DD clone (he did conveniently leave the Zoro fight)...or I guess DD's fruit somehow being a logia???

Since this isn't Naruto with clones and shit I'll assume Pika disappeared for something else...

Logia just doesn't seem to mesh with the power so ima go with DD controlling Law's power over Law saving DD cause I have to assume seastone handcuffs

And that actually just builds DD's hype for me cause man, if we can control your DF ability too...
But, even if DD is able to control Law's DF by controlling his body, Law has Seastone cuffs all over him, his active powers should be disabled for now.

My bet would be a hidden ace in Dofla's sleeve regarding his DF powers, but Law's power is definitely a very possible scenario too, it's just those Seastone cuffs that shouldn't allow this...

Last edited:

Aldaron

geriatric
Actually that might be the case as well.

I know innate body properties are kept in the sea (luffy vs. arlong), but we've also seen logia / zoan get fucked in solid form when in seastone (ace / marco) so...

Guess we'll have to wait for next week (thank god no break lol) :X

Betting on DD being Pica, but don't give a crap if I'm right or wrong since shit couldn't of have hit the fan in a more spectacular fashion.

Actually, DD could literally be a string man. He could be made of threads that let him put his body parts back together. He is a paramecia, so his entire body could be made out of strings all the time. I dunno though because it might be way too similar to buggy.

Aldaron

geriatric
But, even if DD is able to control Law's DF by controlling his body, Law has Seastone cuffs all over him, his active powers should be disabled for now.

My bet would be a hidden ace in Dofla's sleeve regarding his DF powers, but Law's power is definitely a very possible scenario too, it's just those Seastone cuffs that shouldn't allow this...
Actually I just remembered that Luffy stretches when he touches seastone bars, so instead of active maybe we should say voluntary powers?

In other words, with seastone, luffy is can still stretches but not by himself (if someone stretches him, he will stretch). By that same logic, Law can't use room with seastone on, but DD can control him and use Room?

That's because Luffy is made of rubber, therefore you can still stretch him. Law isn't made of chopping things up, it's just an ability he has.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
"You're Kyros, aren't you?"
"YES!"

I'm not sure why, but this has probably been the best dialogue in the entire arc to me until now.

And I didn't get Sabo's talk about cores and Rebecca being a puppet...?

So... seastone actually just weakens a df user, not actually disable the power itself, even temporarily:
1. Luffy stretches with seastone when pulled by somebody (an outside force)
2. Then, the Ace question, the fire is there, he just can't use it coz he's weak

So in case of Law, Room is still present, he just can't use it because he's weak. So, similar to stretched Luffy with seastone when pulled, DD's ability can be an outside force which can bring out Law's Room without using Law's strength, much like a puppet. That seems reasonable. String-string fruit at its best.

I can't imagine Oda letting Pica leaving Zoro. That's the match-up.

Last edited:

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Quick thought: what if Law's hatred of Quixote is because he can't remember why he would trust him? If he was apart of his crew, and to protect someone (or thing) he had them turned into a toy, then he'd dislike Quixote. Seeing him for what he is.

If Quixote protected something precious from Law by making them a toy then they'd both forget about it, meaning that if everyone who was a toy became real then they remember the bonds which they share. It doesn't excuse the sea stone but it could be as simple as Law remembering a key somewhere to make sure Quixote doesn't die.

This means that there would be enough villains for the warriors to face. Kyros will battle Flamingo while Luffy battles the (newly remembered) Law. Might be some bullshit talking (aka Naruto) to switch Law back but it's a thought nonetheless.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

That's what I was saying (or at least trying to say). Law saving Dolfa of his own accord = massive loss of hype and dumb. Dofla saving himself by controlling law = fine and no loss of hype.

Aldaron

geriatric
Quick thought: what if Law's hatred of Quixote is because he can't remember why he would trust him? If he was apart of his crew, and to protect someone (or thing) he had them turned into a toy, then he'd dislike Quixote. Seeing him for what he is.

If Quixote protected something precious from Law by making them a toy then they'd both forget about it, meaning that if everyone who was a toy became real then they remember the bonds which they share. It doesn't excuse the sea stone but it could be as simple as Law remembering a key somewhere to make sure Quixote doesn't die.

This means that there would be enough villains for the warriors to face. Kyros will battle Flamingo while Luffy battles the (newly remembered) Law. Might be some bullshit talking (aka Naruto) to switch Law back but it's a thought nonetheless.
possible but seems like Law remembers whoever is related to his past, as in when DD shot him he was all "kora-san"

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Actually, DD could literally be a string man. He could be made of threads that let him put his body parts back together. He is a paramecia, so his entire body could be made out of strings all the time. I dunno though because it might be way too similar to buggy.
This can't be true because Dofla's crew was surprised and worried when his head get got chopped off, which shouldn't happen if they knew he can detach body parts with his ability.

To me, the best explanation so far is DD having freed Law the minute he heard that everything is in chaos and Sugar had fainted, just to be prepared for every situation, while obviously completely immobilizing Law with his strings so he can't do anything. So, as soon as Kyros attacks DD, the only thing that DD does is move the already set up strings a little bit in order to cut off his head.

I TELL YOU, IT'S LIFE FIBERS MAN!!!

I can't imagine DD being able to force Law to activate any of his abilities, unless activating things like Room, Shambles etc. would only require a specific input command like a specific hand sign, while the user doesn't have to be conciously willing actually use said ability.
So, unless this mechanic turns out to apply, there is no way that DD would be able to force Law to use Room when he doesn't want to. UNLESS (another "unless") we go with Matthew's theory, which would would make an awful lot of sense and could be a really amazing plot twist.
Also, I was always under the assumption that Law was he only one who was capable of severing body parts freely inside his Room, since the Ope Ope no Mi would only grant the user the ability to manipulate anything on his operation table, not anyone else.

Another possibility would be that the DD whose head was chopped off was actually some sort of puppet, while the real DD is sitting somewhere in hiding. But that also seems kinda implausible, seeing as how the supposed puppet had facial reactions and stuff.

Either way, it's definitely a really exciting element of mystery that Oda introduced in this chapter. I can't wait for next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)