Stat Split Metagame (playable on Joim's Lab!)

Looking at the damage calculator, I realize I completely underestimated how ridiculously broken some of the Pokemon are. Nidoqueen, obviously, but I'm temped to ban all of the base 100 Pixies too. Manaphy doesn't even need to run Speed Evs, and Victini needs to use V-Create twice in order to be outsped by Jolly Latias (who is also broken btw).

We really should try to organize some battles, or at least an inaugural battle, so see how all the theoretically broken stuff plays out on the battlefield.
what did latias got to become broken?

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
excuse me I think you underestimate your local OM coders

I have just implemented this on Joim's Lab, with a few adjusted bans as requested by Albacore. The unbans are: Reshiram and Blaziken(-Mega). Have fun playing!
I said it might take a while, I never specified how long :p

And I second what you said Albacore. While the speed boost is useful for Victini, a lot of things can still take hits from it, so it's probably best to see how it affects the meta before making a decision. Plus, we have to consider that was Victini in the regular meta. Here, a lot of things have changed, so...

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Uxie seems like would be very useful in this metagame because of its amazing 150 SpA and its ability to check Nidoqueen, one of the best pokemon in the tier

Edit: I don't think Darkrai should be unbanned as it can still use Swords Dance effectively

Last edited:
I think that if we get to the point where Nidoqueen looks very suspect and broken by a hair's breadth. Unbanning Ogre would be a better plan.

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Abomasnow with statsplit Nidoqueen's stats Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Kyurem-B on a critical hit: 153-181 (33.7 - 39.8%) -- 28.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

4 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Abomasnow with statsplit Nidoqueen's stats: 260-308 (67.7 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I think Kyurem is enough to stop Nidoqueen

just because nidoqueen has a counter doesn't mean it's not op... kyurem-b has like 125/180 special bulk, you are tossing on an AV on top of it, and guess what?

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Kyurem-B: 169-200 (37.2 - 44%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

rekt

(the argument of *insert stuff here* isnt op because of special walls is kind of a shit argument actually since we can say like "Kyogre isn't OP in standard, Eviolite Chansey is only 3HKO'd!!!")

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think that Normal Kyurem should be added to the list of useful Pokemon because with 125/65/90/130/180/95 base stats it has the same Special Bulk as Kyurem-B, and while it is slightly less bulky on the physical side, it hits harder than Kyurem-B

I dunno if this is worth mentioning , but aside from azumarill, marowak is pretty threatening too.
With 90 base speed stat and 586 attack(with adamant) it can 2hko many pokemon. Although furfrou completely walls it

+2 252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 164-194 (46.3 - 54.8%) -- approx. 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I dunno if this is worth mentioning , but aside from azumarill, marowak is pretty threatening too.
With 90 base speed stat and 586 attack(with adamant) it can 2hko many pokemon. Although furfrou completely walls it

+2 252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 164-194 (46.3 - 54.8%) -- approx. 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
I am glad you mentioned it. Base 90 speed isn't great, but it's not bad either. It's faster than Excadrill, and it's not exactly considered slow. However, in this metagame, a lot of the threats are incredibly fast, and things seem to be split between the fast attackers and the bulky attackers, so I'm not sure if Marowak would be good. But it's definitely viable.

I've been having some great success with Starmie. It sacrifices Speed for bulk and becomes an insane Analytic user. The bulk lets it come in on many attackers and just smash them with high powered attacks boosted by Analytic. Can even go Assault Vest to take some seriously hard attacks and KO back.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Agreed. Joim's Lab really needs more popularity. It basically has almost all the metagames. I don't see why people don't come on more often.
It's pretty much the only server I'm on nowadays, I'm at Kalos too but it doesn't seem to be load for me for some time now. The problem is people do come there, just not all at the same time. Whenever I am on, there is no one. That being said I haven't been online due to being busy, and I am interested in this meta so you'll find me there sometimes.

my guess is with politoed's new speed and specs sets, and kingdra's absurd bulk at no cost, rain is probably one of the archetypes with the most potential in this metagame

also this metagame sounds fun; if anyone's ever looking for a match, pm me

Last edited:
Here's a banette set

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252SpA, 252HP, 4Def
Modest/Calm Nature
Destiny Bond
Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
Hex
Dazzling gleam

WoW if you have calm, Toxic for special walls with recovery

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
What happens to shedinja? Does it keep 1 HP [it has base 1 HP regularly BUT because of the coding of the game it means it should have 4-14 HP iirc, but it is designed to have specifically 1 HP irrespective of that base stat.] ALso what happens to smeargle? And lol shuckle :)

What happens to shedinja? Does it keep 1 HP [it has base 1 HP regularly BUT because of the coding of the game it means it should have 4-14 HP iirc, but it is designed to have specifically 1 HP irrespective of that base stat.] ALso what happens to smeargle? And lol shuckle :)
Smeargle's new base stats are 55/20/35/40/45/[37/38 (depending on whether it rounds down or up)] Because rules of this meta
Shedinja's hp would be either 2 or 4-14. the main thing here is that it's higher than 1

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Shedninja's HP stat would actually be of 145-208, depending on how many EVs you invest. This means you can easily set up Substitutes while you force switches.

Good luck with that base 45 Attack stat, though.

It's pretty much the only server I'm on nowadays, I'm at Kalos too but it doesn't seem to be load for me for some time now. The problem is people do come there, just not all at the same time. Whenever I am on, there is no one. That being said I haven't been online due to being busy, and I am interested in this meta so you'll find me there sometimes.
Why is nobody posting a link than? NO idea how to get there

Shaymin-S might've gotten nerfed as a air flincher, but jirachi seems to fill the void with it's 200 base speed

Jirachi
Name: Shaymin 2.0
Item: lefties/choice band/life orb/focus sash
EVs: 252atk, 252spe 4hp Adamant/Jolly
Moves:
Iron Head
Body Slam
Zen Headbutt/Snore/SleepTalk(If you get sleeped)
Drain Punch(to stay alive longer)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)