Super-Effectivemons

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We could ban sleep. We could also ban having both sleep and setup moves on a pokemon. These are some ideas.
I'd like to talk about sleep + set up, but I want to talk about Tail Glow specifically, since that's the fastest paced set up move that has no cost upon use.

Though Serperior will be completely unviable, (like in every other metagame :/) I do agree with a Contrary Serperior ban. It gets access to way too many new toys and is an absolute brokefest with V-Create, Overheat, Leaf Storm and such.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We could say pokemon with base sp.atk of X or higher can't use tail glow.
That's a bit too complex. Like others have suggested, I think the combination of Spore/Dark Void + Tail Glow is what we should ban. But like Ranger Mike says, it's too early for quick bans, I'm just seeing what people think of certain topics that might be ban worthy.

Rotom Wash @ Lefties

-Spore
-Leech Seed
-Hydro pump
-Volt Switch

or

Garchomp @ Lefties

-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Icicle Crash

Just based on the tip of my mind. Opinions?

I was interested to see viable users of Parting Shot and Meowstic-M immediately came to mind. Basically, any Pokemon weak to Ghost, Dark, and Bug gains a myriad of offensive and support options but, I'm going to focus more on the latter. As mentioned already, there is Parting Shot, then Destiny Bond, Dark Void, Heal Order and many more to add to the Pokemon's arsenal of utility moves. To that, one of the best ways to abuse this is through Prankster. So, Meowstic-M is a natural fit for that reason which only got significantly better with the new toys that he can play with. A set of Dark Void | Parting Shot | Thunder Wave | Heal Order seems like a good start. From then on, you can just tailor the set to cater to your team's needs since you'll have an array of support moves to choose from. I can think of Dual Screen+Parting Shot and a Topsy-Turvy set off the top of my head.

Another promising user of Parting Shot is Slowbro. Great bulk, handy resistances, and Regenerator can make him a great slow pivot providing opportunities for a Pokemon to come in more safely or for them to go on for a potential sweep. Parting Shot Slowbro+Shell Smash Fire Types seems like a neat combo. Silly me, I forgot Shell Smash was Normal.

I'm pretty sure Fake Out is a terrible move on anything (in singles, at least)
It is free damage and allows guys with orbs to activate them while causing free damage. It also breaks focus sashes on focus sash leads allowing for a swift KO (which is something Mienshao can do on frail leads)

Also, try telling Ambipom's technician boosted STAB Fake Out that it's terrible.

Let's not forget some signature moves here. Quiver Dance could be replaced by Tail Glow, Fire Blast can be replaced by Blue Flare or Fiery Dance, and Scald and Hydro Pump should be replaced by Steam Eruption. Signature moves will be seem much more often in this metagame, so I hope people don't forget about them when building their teams.

Good offensive signature moves include Aeroblast, Blue Flare, Bolt Strike, Diamond Storm, Fiery Dance, Gaciate, Light Of Ruin, Night Daze, Oblivion Wing, Psycho Boost, Psystrike, Sacred Fire, Searing Shot, Secret Sword, Seed Flare, Spacial Rend, Steam Eruption, and V-Create.
Oh yeah, Aeroblast Volcarona would be cool, and Sacred Fire could be used over Scald on pretty much any bulky water type for the high burn chance (especially Azumarill who is bulky AND has great physical power and never used scald anyway, plus it hits grass types harder than Ice Punch.).

Light of Ruin would allow Latios, Latias and Noivern to absolutely decimate Tyranitar (more reliably than Focus Blast in the case of the latter) and other bulky dark types, and they all get Roost to protect them somewhat from the huge recoil.

Oh and I am LOVING Aura Sphere Hydreigon, who in combination with Quiver Dance / Geomancy and its already fantastic movepool can pretty much blow through anything that used to scare it except Mach Punchers. Specs Hydreigon loves Vacuum Wave too XD

EV

Banned deucer.
Oh yeah, Aeroblast Volcarona would be cool, and Sacred Fire could be used over Scald on pretty much any bulky water type for the high burn chance (especially Azumarill
How do Water-types get Sacred Fire?

Ninja'd because my slow-ass phone.

Oh yeah, Aeroblast Volcarona would be cool, and Sacred Fire could be used over Scald on pretty much any bulky water type for the high burn chance (especially Azumarill who is bulky AND has great physical power and never used scald anyway, plus it hits grass types harder than Ice Punch.).

Light of Ruin would allow Latios, Latias and Noivern to absolutely decimate Tyranitar (more reliably than Focus Blast in the case of the latter) and other bulky dark types, and they all get Roost to protect them somewhat from the huge recoil.

Oh and I am LOVING Aura Sphere Hydreigon, who in combination with Quiver Dance / Geomancy and its already fantastic movepool can pretty much blow through anything that used to scare it except Mach Punchers. Specs Hydreigon loves Vacuum Wave too XD
Secret Sword>Aura Sphere

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)