Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I was thinking pretty much, if they can patch in fixes to fix bugs in saving in 1 lame city and to secure their wifi battling mode from whatever that peeper program was, it can't be too impossible to patch in Pokemon or move compatibilities if they wanted to.
My main issue with patching is that while easy to do for online, how do they manage it if two friends battle each other face to face? What if they're hanging out at a park and want to battle? Unless they can somehow add a feature to transfer data from the new games to the old, they'll have to find a Wi-fi connection, which can be a hassle

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Gamefreak hasn't released a third game in a generation since platinum, i.e, two generations and a remake ago. I'd honestly be surprised if they ever do end up making another trifecta.
That's one way to view the facts. And a skewed one, I might add. Try looking at it this way:
Only ONCE has there been a generation without a third version. This was Gen. V.

But really, there's too small a sample size and too big time intervals to establish any sort of trend. Come generation 30, we might begin to use the formulas for normal distribution. Not before.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Am I REALLY the only one who thinks this takes not place in Hoenn? Because most of those are catchable in XY and furthermore, you trade from Hoenn to Hoenn.

They literally said a new fresh take on the story. This could be literally Gen 6.5
So, you're telling me that two game titles we've already had, just with a prefix added this time, will be completely different game altogether and not be in Hoenn?

???

Why not just make two new games and name them not something we've already had? It seems pretty dumb to take existing titles and not call them a remake. Fire Red and Leaf Green. Soul Silver and Heart Gold. Remakes.

I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
My main issue with patching is that while easy to do for online, how do they manage it if two friends battle each other face to face? What if they're hanging out at a park and want to battle? Unless they can somehow add a feature to transfer data from the new games to the old, they'll have to find a Wi-fi connection, which can be a hassle
They might be able to work around that issue by just preventing battles from ever starting when playing against someone who doesnt have the update. The restriction would only be in the updated game but it shouldnt be a problem. If the updated game doesnt let them connect because of certain pokemon, the battle wont start. The game might be able to tell if another game has the update or not by checking the games patch number. If the game without the update doesnt have the right patch, a battle isnt allowed. Although, they may be able to find a way to just prevent certain pokemon/items from being used against a game with an outdated patch but that sounds a bit more complicated to do.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Anything they add into these new games can be patched into XY and ORAS can just block trading with XY games that are not a certain version number. Very, very easy to pull off for a first-party developer. The only reason we didn't have patches in previous gens is that it wasn't possible to do with a Gameboy or DS.

Sugimori or someone from GF actually stated they were thinking rebalancing Parental Bond since VGCs made it pretty obviously broken. I wouldn't count out anything from them yet.
I'm pretty sure a patch will be released to add these new Mega evolutions into X and Y, although I'm doubtful new Mega evolutions apart from Mega Latias and Latios will be added in Ruby and Sapphire.
I doubt Sceptile and Swampert will be left out in the cold nor will Blazikenite remain an event item. Hell, I wouldn't be too shocked if Mega Lati@s see a redesign since their XY models can be patched-out and replaced. Nothing's really set in stone anymore and they Mega Lati@s we know could just be placeholders or a failed idea that wasn't removed; still not accessible without save editing either.
It wouldn't be the first time beta elements have been left in.

But what I'm more interested in than starter Megas are Move Tutors. Like allow me to just make my Christmas list here...
Knock Off Greninja
Knock Off + Icicle Crash Weavile
Defog Poison Heal Gliscor
Parting Shot on a half-decent Pokemon (Furfrou would be enough)
Freeze Dry Kyurem
Stealth Rock Klefki
After You Klefki for Doubles ("No I insist, Ms. Kangaskhan, YOU go first this turn")
And while not tutor related, Contrary Serperior and Adaptability Dragalge when?

It's not even E3 yet and Nintendo is dropping bombs. Please be gentle, Iwata-kun~

Probably a given but Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile. I know nothing is confirmed besides the box art but speculation wise COME ON, The starters for that generation are the likeliest candidates for a mega, we're already one third of the way with Mega Blaziken.

As for speculating their abilities and stats distribution... hmmmm I dunno, Sap Sipper Swampert and Sheer Force Sceptile maybe lol.

One thing I'm interested in is what they'll do to replace Amie for Sylveon, they most likely will, it's what happened to Milotic. And also, Kyogre is now glowing Red ---> Blue, here's a small comparison that I'm sure many have seen:

Omega-Ruby-Alpha-Sapphire-620x420.png

Groudon appears to have Lava flowing through it and in its eyes, while Kyogre seems to be more serene. Ground / Fire and Water / Psychic? Calling it now I guess. This is also a cool pic, so yeah!

>yfw new type again

ALSO, reminder: CoroCoro is leaking next week!

Why would they keep it? Why would they get rid of contests?
I think amie is in a different league than contests. It's currently the only way that we have to interact with our pokemon. I could see them dropping it in the future but I can't think of reason why they would dump it immediately. It's a popular feature with fans.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Maybe the stones do something more now? Either way, it could just be a new design with the new games.

I'm calling Mega Evolution, solely because of Kyogre's head. That hasn't been there before, and in HGSS Ho-Oh and Lugia did not get redesigned.

Also, I'm wondering if the official artwork is going to update like they did in FRLG and HGSS.

One final thing, what if the Red Orb and Blue Orb are actually mega stones, but couldn't be utilised fully because mega rings weren't invented yet?

So, you're telling me that two game titles we've already had, just with a prefix added this time, will be completely different game altogether and not be in Hoenn?

???

Why not just make two new games and name them not something we've already had? It seems pretty dumb to take existing titles and not call them a remake. Fire Red and Leaf Green. Soul Silver and Heart Gold. Remakes.

I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion.
I said am I pretty sure this will not take place in Hoenn, because they said it was a new dramatic story blabla or something like that
(and don't forget the Kalos Guy babbling about another region).
But someone else showed it was trailer jargon, so nvm (and why are you replying so disrespectful? Sheesh no wonder people talk about smogon mods and admins like they are assholes. That isn't true, but someone could use that as evidence :()

Although I'm pretty sure they will add something to Hoenn, like "Sevii islands" or "Safari Zone" in Soulsilver. Other Crazy theories: Zygarde Groudon Kyogre Fusion, Megastones are the Blue/Red Orbs, Game mechanic wise Level 200 is possible.

I'm fairly certain that those new patterns on Groudon and kyogre are simply their previous body patterns glowing.

Why would a certain part of Kyogre's body glow if it hasn't been seen before? That's not it's previous pattern on the head.

Also, it's chances doesn't hurt, as it's a registered trademark. Even if that is just normal Kyogre there could still be a possible Mega Kyogre/Groudon.

No CounterZam Hype yet?

I mean, legal Counter + Magic Guard + Sash is pretty scary.

Hope there's a Head Smash tutor so I can spam it with Aerodactyl.

One final thing, what if the Red Orb and Blue Orb are actually mega stones, but couldn't be utilised fully because mega rings weren't invented yet?
On a similar note - Soul Dew = Lati Mega stone?
Edit: Mega stones should probably have no secondary effects :L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)