Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they make the game as challenging as possible. Archie and Maxie were just disgustingly easy to beat, they could barely do anything to a decent party of Pokemon.

On that note it would be great if they stop making terrorist group bosses, Elite four members and gym leaders hold less than half a party of Pokemon. I'm hoping every significant opponent in the game has more than 5 pokemon.

But who am I kidding, maxie will probably continue using mightyena.

Btw, I wonder what mega pokemon the team bosses are going to wield?

P.S I hope the champion is steven. That guy was badass

Looker was introduced in Sinnoh right?
My guess is that he'll cosplay as Mom yet again and take you on some boring mission in Rustboro during the postgame.

I hope they make the game as challenging as possible. Archie and Maxie were just disgustingly easy to beat, they could barely do anything to a decent party of Pokemon.

On that note it would be great if they stop making terrorist group bosses, Elite four members and gym leaders hold less than half a party of Pokemon. I'm hoping every significant opponent in the game has more than 5 pokemon.

But who am I kidding, maxie will probably continue using mightyena.

Btw, I wonder what mega pokemon the team bosses are going to wield?

Assuming they get Megas you're looking at Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo. It could be easy enough for them to make it Mega Houndoom and mega Gyrardos though

Steven to be champion is likely, but I feel that they are going to nerf him or possibly the Elite Four because of the new generation of gamers. The Elite four of XY were a joke. I want to seriously rage at Glacia's Walrein or Sidney's Mightyena, that Sand-Attack spamming Mightyena.

Also, old rotation of the Elite Four?

I really hope they kill picking the order of the Elite 4. Horrible system. Did not enjoy it at all.

If they do release new Megas, the logical ones would be the starters, Kyorge, Groudon Salamence (maybe two?), Metagross, Milotic and Sableye. Maybe others but those are the main ones. If they do more than the Team leaders should have Megas with Camerput and Sharpedo

Hoping for:
- Simple contests. Best thing about RSE was these
- Better Rivals. Brendan/May blew hard. Wally was OK but never felt Rival enough
- Less surf more Dive. If we dove more I think people would be more forgiving about the water since we have been using Surf from day 1
- Steven as Champion with Mega Metagorss
- Wallace as 8th Gym Leader
- Same battle frontier with a few upgrades but ffs keep the Battle Dome. Love that thing.
- If it is a sequel, make it make sense like GSC did not like BW2

my reaction
I am almost CERTAIN we will be getting Mega Latias and Latios this year now...but are those really Mega Groudon and Mega Kyorge or just some new formes or whatever? And what does this mean for Rayquaza?

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
We need the exactly same battle frontier ;-;. Is there anything the game should keep from pokémon xy? (oh I loved join avenue, I used to effort there :p)

This is just awesome. My first reaction to this news was: MegaKyogre will open a new tier, MegaUbers. Let's face it, MegaKyogre will be pretty broken. And I can't wait for it.

I just want them to fix RSE shortcomings, such as early game pokemon selection. Maybe fix level balancing too. I hated getting to the elite 4 with my party being low to mid 40s in level. HGSS did nothing about level balancing and left 2 trainers with a pokemon each per route and that needs fixed in these remakes.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
That's one way to view the facts. And a skewed one, I might add. Try looking at it this way:
Only ONCE has there been a generation without a third version. This was Gen. V.

But really, there's too small a sample size and too big time intervals to establish any sort of trend. Come generation 30, we might begin to use the formulas for normal distribution. Not before.
Alternatively, its been more than 6 years, or 6 games, since the last third title was made, and every single main game in between then and now has come in twos.

Emerald's plot is the only one that makes sense. Surely these two games will actually reflect that story, right?
You'd hope so. But this is the first gen getting a re-make where the legends were split. In HGSS you could still get both Lugia and Ho-Oh like you could in G/S despite the game following Crystal's plot (yes you could get both birds in Crystal as well). But if they follow Emerald's plot, what's the point of having Groudon and Kyogre on the cover when it really should be Rayquaza?

You'd hope so. But this is the first gen getting a re-make where the legends were split. In HGSS you could still get both Lugia and Ho-Oh like you could in G/S despite the game following Crystal's plot (yes you could get both birds in Crystal as well). But if they follow Emerald's plot, what's the point of having Groudon and Kyogre on the cover when it really should be Rayquaza?
I'm not following this logic. If HGSS had Lugia and Ho-oh on the cover, allowed us to capture both and also included Crystal's storyline then what makes you so sure that the same thing can't happen with these games?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hint: if you are just going to post dumb meme pictures I'm more likely to infract you, or at least delete your post.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Champion double battle with both Steven and Wallace, anyone?

The originals were the birthplace of doubles after all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)