Lifestyle physical health/fitness thread

Nobody should ever pay for somebody to hold his or her hand or pay for free information was all I was saying, and that is all any personal trainer or dietician or anyone could ever offer anyone who is losing weight.

Anyone who plateaus on weight loss or reverts is a baby. I get that people are babies, that is why I posted, to help anyone who actually needed it. It is pretty easy to recount all the particulars of how I dealt with any cravings or how specific I get with dealing with any cravings, things like making sure to keep as many big meals as possible directly after big workouts. Eating fruit, drinking protein shakes, eating oatmeal & yogurt, and then eating whatever you want for your last 700-800 calories is all that is necessary to do on a day you get no cravings (at my height, which is average height). It is cool that you help fucking babies or whatever youngjake, I am knocking it because if anyone is posting in a thread for encouragement, support, or looking for advice, then that advice should be enough. I eat pizza & breadsticks every week, and chips most weeks. Weight loss is just about figuring out a calorie number (can be estimated within reason with just height weight and a goal date, and you can tell if it was accurate when you lose lol) and amount of times you have to work out to lose at close to the rate you want. Bad habits mean nothing if you are even mildly serious about dieting, most people are just not even mildly serious. All the information that ever has or needs to be out there on this subject is pretty much already out there, for all I am writing like we keep saying, tl;dr eat less move more is the real point. Keeping the mental side of things in control as far as that goes is just entirely about seriously wanting the loss. Except for the .1% of poor bastards with an actual thyroid malfunction or whatever.

Soul Fly, I appreciate you trying to be supportive, the part I was bristling at is the dietician suggestion, because no one should need help putting together a diet at ALL in 2014, and also bristling at your suggestion like I was not losing as much as I wanted to. Not losing more is the entire point, if I wanted to have something to brag about as far as loss rate goes, I would just run the weight off or starve myself. Everyone says that losing more than 1.5-2 pounds a week is probably around the border of unhealthy, for stretch marks or whatever other reasons they may have, and I have lost exactly 2 pounds a week average lol... I am not stressed in particular either way, if you have proof that the 1.5-2 pounds thing is a myth cool. I set 100 pounds as a goal because it is very easy to bring to mind and I 1000% did not want to meet the goal. Within reasonable average experience, the whole "putting weight back on" thing is something you do when you yo yo diet or are incredibly bad at life. No one puts back on 100 pounds lol. It takes excess calories to gain, it takes calorie deficits to lose. A person just has to mildly pay attention, maybe check their weight once a week if they are too lazy to have been keeping track of what they are doing.

Stallion, I do not think there is even supposed to be any impairments I have ever heard about. There are a lot of cancer claims and arguments, so it is not like there are not potential health considerations. The main weight related argument is that you feel like you saved calories, or maybe some insulin response, so you are magically automatically compelled to eat. Which is really just people saying that people make shitty excuses for themselves, nothing ever forces you to eat. Definitely there is no way Red Bull is going to make you bloated, dehydrated, or in any way make you eat more than you choose to eat.
You are an over-generalizing dumb ass.

It is pretty funny, people are always so fucking sensitive when they find out that their experiences meant absolutely nothing special.

Anybody who needs HELP losing weight, without crippling injuries or ridiculously rare metabolic problems, is a gigantic pussy. Anybody who loses 100 pounds and gains back 50 pounds is staggeringly weak willed. Anybody who needs a dietician to tell you "eat chicken, fish, yogurt, egg whites, oatmeal, apples, berries, whey protein, almonds/sunflower/pumpkin seeds, and real wheat bread", despite having a fully functioning internet connection and working fingers, is incredibly fucking lazy, or at least incredibly bad at making a plan. These assessments are not unfounded, not personal, and these are not generalizations. These are facts.

It is pretty funny, people are always so fucking sensitive when they find out that their experiences meant absolutely nothing special.

Anybody who needs HELP losing weight, without crippling injuries or ridiculously rare metabolic problems, is a gigantic pussy. Anybody who loses 100 pounds and gains back 50 pounds is staggeringly weak willed. Anybody who needs a dietician to tell you "eat chicken, fish, yogurt, egg whites, oatmeal, apples, berries, whey protein, almonds/sunflower/pumpkin seeds, and real wheat bread", despite having a fully functioning internet connection and working fingers, is incredibly fucking lazy, or at least incredibly bad at making a plan. These assessments are not unfounded, not personal, and these are not generalizations. These are facts.
Don't know why you're taking flak about this, although the statements you're making are quite unfiltered. I do agree though, that many people go down the path of thinking that they are "different", and that their body just doesn't respond the way that other people do. That is (for the most part) bullshit. People just lack the motivation and dedication to consistently apply themselves. That's how PT's and nutritionists make their money, off people who try a good New Years Resolution, only to fail when they realise that they don't have the willpower.

For those who are motivated, gaining/losing weight isn't difficult whatsoever. I confidently know that I can gain/lose .5kg (1lb) a week if I needed to, because I have the self discipline and nutritional knowledge gained from the internet. Others view it as a form of mental illness to keep track of that sort of stuff, which is why so many people struggle with weight. When people ask me about nutritional information, and I tell them that I know roughly how many calories I eat in a day, they look at me as if I've got an issue. To them, it's weird. To me, it's just a normal part of my life.

I'm going off-topic, but the main point is that I agree with CK, and tbh the people who get so disastrously overweight in the first place almost certainly aren't disciplined enough to make the journey by themselves.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
To lose weight, a coach and dietician can be helpful and important for two reasons. One being the motivation aspect of everything (if they got that fat in the first place, a lot of the time it's natural to assume it'll be difficult to lose it all without someone helping to motivate you) and the other being that there's a lot of conflicting information out there on the internet. On the contrary though, it's definitely possible to drop massive amounts of weight on your own if you know how to discern between the bs and the good information on the internet.

For me on the other hand, I want to be stage ready for a physique modelling competition in 18 weeks. I can read as many articles as I want but a proper trainer is always going to know more about when to eat a caloric surplus, what foods will do specific things to my body (eggs are apparently amazing at hardening you up for example cause of the good fats + protein combo), what my weak parts of my body are going to be and even how to walk and pose on stage.

In other words, even though it is definitely possible to lose mass amounts of weight on your own, whether you need a PT/nutritionist or not depends on your goals and on you as an individual.

IDK how anyone needing help with motivation conflicts with anything I said. If you need help being motivated to return to your normal body, then you are stupid/weak/lazy.

You get fat in the first place because eating good food is amazing, any other variety of reasons weaketc. Losing ALL of that weight just takes a mild investment of effort. Anyone who needs help sorting out "the conflicting information" is incredibly bad at seeing the consensuses that are out there. There is conflicting information that is hard to sort out, like the safety of running while extremely fat, but every part of the dieting is easy as fuck.

Whether people need a PT/nutritionist to lose weight depends on if they are soggy or not. It has nothing to do with "individual needs", unless that person has crippling injuries or extremely rare metabolic conditions. Nobody has not heard "stop drinking soda/beer, walk/exercise every day, and eat less". None of this is rocket science. And in the internet era, plenty of common sense guides exist for starting workout routines and how things like the metabolism magically resetting to match what you eat is not real.

People are lazy, weak, and stupid. They buy into senseless shit like slim fast that is going to not fill them up, instead of just replacing part of their diet with some vegetables or fruit. Since even 30 minutes of reading is too much effort for most people, they either do not start (because they are incredibly lazy), or senselessly turn to a personal trainer or nutritionist. It has to be sick how much fucking free money people get for telling people whose bodies burn 2700 calories a day to just eat 2000 calories and buy some blueberries. What a fucking incredibly hard equation to solve.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Your example is for incredibly overweight people so I guess I see where you're coming from. They're usually endomorphs (store fat easily) and as a result, the advice "eat less, do more cardio and eat cleaner" is a lot more applicable on a general scale.

There are other types of people who have gym goals though. My little brother is an ectomorph (finds it hard to gain muscle but also finds it hard to get fat) at 62 kilos, and despite training way less than me has better abs. I'm 83 kilos and a mesomorph (in between ecto and endo) and despite having to work harder to see abs than my brother, I can also gain muscle way easier. If we both stumbled upon the same diet plan on the internet and stuck to it, I might end up getting fat yet he'd just build solid muscle and stay lean. Or I might get completely shredded and stay relatively jacked while he'd be stuck skinny. Point being is that everyone has different resting metabolic rates and different reactions to different food. For fat people it's all the same but for people with different goals, they might be given bad advice if they think that everything they read applies to them. Not everyone knows how to calculate your basal metabolic rate, and even if you do it's very tough to accurately calculate without fat calipers. It can be overwhelming for some people, and paying a trainer x amount even for a couple of sessions to get you started isn't the worst thing in the world

The same diet plan probably does work for absolutely everybody. Chicken, fish, egg whites, yogurt, oatmeal, whey protein, fruit, vegetables, nuts, sunflower seeds, etc etc etc (and cut out whatever you hate or have an allergy to). AND it does not have to be that healthy at all. Like the good prophet Arnie told us, if you are going to lift 4 hours a day, then you can drink all the fucking beer you want. People who cannot gain muscle are either not eating enough or not lifting anywhere near HARD enough or anywhere near long enough. This is all just first grade math. Fixating on body type is just ignoring the real issue - you can either put in the effort, or what you casually wish could be reality is not going to be reality. For absolutely anybody in any circumstances, just being realistic and honest with yourself about what you are willing to do effort wise is much easier than wishes and worrying. Improving your body is about picking what sacrifices you will make, not somebody pushing you to 1 extra fucking rep on a few stupid fucking exercises. Every time I see a personal trainer with some fat ass fuck making them do all these stupid box or combination exercises, they are just so fucking funny. Exercising is just so much simpler than that.

Nobody's body is wildly different or special except in incredibly rare instances. People are just largely (overwhelmingly) not serious about constructing reasonable goals for the amount of effort they want to put in, and usually too lazy to even keep mental track of what they are doing and what effect it is having. If they are overwhelmed by having to keep track, then it is because they are incredibly lazy, all you have to do is write shit down every day if you cannot keep mental track. I am not bashing effort or good intentions. Everyone's body starts at a different point, and all you have to do is get up and do something, anything. If you go to a personal trainer or anybody like that to lose weight, then what you are implicitly screaming is "I cannot rely on myself, and am so far from serious that it is fucking tragic". It works out sometimes (and even then you wasted money because you were weaketc), but usually it just leads to losing a few pounds and getting tired of the effort, when all you have to do to lose 100/100 pounds if you are 100 pounds overweight is to eat an average of around 1800 calories. I keep saying this shit is fucking easy for a reason...it is really really fucking simple. People may need special trainers or supplements besides whey protein & creatine to get into incredibly muscular territory...but up to that point, this equation really is so simple.

The same diet plan probably does work for absolutely everybody. Chicken, fish, egg whites, yogurt, oatmeal, whey protein, fruit, vegetables, nuts, sunflower seeds, etc etc etc (and cut out whatever you hate or have an allergy to). AND it does not have to be that healthy at all. Like the good prophet Arnie told us, if you are going to lift 4 hours a day, then you can drink all the fucking beer you want. People who cannot gain muscle are either not eating enough or not lifting anywhere near HARD enough or anywhere near long enough. This is all just first grade math. Fixating on body type is just ignoring the real issue - you can either put in the effort, or what you casually wish could be reality is not going to be reality. For absolutely anybody in any circumstances, just being realistic and honest with yourself about what you are willing to do effort wise is much easier than wishes and worrying. Improving your body is about picking what sacrifices you will make, not somebody pushing you to 1 extra fucking rep on a few stupid fucking exercises. Every time I see a personal trainer with some fat ass fuck making them do all these stupid box or combination exercises, they are just so fucking funny. Exercising is just so much simpler than that.

Nobody's body is wildly different or special except in incredibly rare instances. People are just largely (overwhelmingly) not serious about constructing reasonable goals for the amount of effort they want to put in, and usually too lazy to even keep mental track of what they are doing and what effect it is having. If they are overwhelmed by having to keep track, then it is because they are incredibly lazy, all you have to do is write shit down every day if you cannot keep mental track. I am not bashing effort or good intentions. Everyone's body starts at a different point, and all you have to do is get up and do something, anything. If you go to a personal trainer or anybody like that to lose weight, then what you are implicitly screaming is "I cannot rely on myself, and am so far from serious that it is fucking tragic". It works out sometimes (and even then you wasted money because you were weaketc), but usually it just leads to losing a few pounds and getting tired of the effort, when all you have to do to lose 100/100 pounds if you are 100 pounds overweight is to eat an average of around 1800 calories. I keep saying this shit is fucking easy for a reason...it is really really fucking simple. People may need special trainers or supplements besides whey protein & creatine to get into incredibly muscular territory...but up to that point, this equation really is so simple.
I swear you know absolutely nothing about exercise science or nutrition. It isn't always simply a matter of "just work out more, you get more in shape bro." I have personally seen plenty of skinny guys that lifted for hours on end and ate for hours on end with minimal results and I have seen plenty of big guys run and run and run while eating clean diets without results. And no they weren't "special cases," they were the norm for the most part, just they were following the same idiotic mantra that you are preaching now rather than actually working toward their goals the right way.

Also, that's great that you know that eating 1800 calories will make you lose weight. That's also not the best way of doing it. Weight loss caused strictly by caloric deficit dieting is only 74% fat and the rest is bone and muscle mass. So, in losing 100 pounds you would lose 26 pounds of bone and muscle. It would take the average lifter 2-3 years to make that muscle mass back. Stop oversimplifying things.

Just a few things that aren't common knowledge:
The benefits of linear vs non-linear progressions
When you should utilize complexes or forced reps
How often should you incorporate plyometrics or isometrics

Just the first three things that popped into my head can greatly affect how fast your results are and how late your plateau will be(or if it will even happen), but most people just look at me like ?_? when they hear these things. Even the small percentage of the population that actually knows what those things are will likely not be experienced utilizing them efficiently in programming tailored to different individuals.

A trainer has two main jobs: educate and motivate. And you are reeeally grossly underestimating both halves of it probably because you are not very educated in the matter yourself.

Just a few things I already stated : I suggested, and always suggest, that lifting is necessary while losing, and much better than cardio. I have lifted every 4 days religiously with about the most intense workout (only about 70-80 minutes of lifting) I can stand to given the fact I am not going to get much muscle out of it (of course I have gained muscle by far, not lost). I highly, highly doubt I am going to "lose pounds of bone weight". I have about 3 servings of dairy average + whatever whey protein counts as, if it counts as anything that matters. Every calorie I cut from my diet was bread, pretty 110% sure I am going to be just fine.

I never implied that anybody "should" just diet, only if they are that incredibly lazy and weak. They need to walk more, lift, and eat whatever their body urges them to on any given day. I am not mindlessly preaching any mantra. Every single person without some complex disorder can easily lose every pound of weight without ever suddenly having it come grinding to a halt. 1800 is just a number for my height (average height) and gender, it obviously depends on starting height/weight/gender and is incredibly easy to alter. And every time I weightlift, I eat before and after, like anybody should.

Are you talking about a plateau with LIFTING or with weight loss? Because forced reps and complexes and all that other shit, nobody is going to hit a plateau (without being someone who just refuses to do the hard work) before like 250 bench and whatever more than reasonable amount on other weights. I already stated from the start, turning to people who know more than you (friends or trainers or ___) for intense, actually extremely high level lifting is one thing. Nobody is going to face those dilemmas just casually lifting, and certainly it is never going to do anything to weight loss. Nobody plateaus on weight loss without being a pussy, with the few rare exceptions I stated over and over and over.

I am not underestimating anything; you are sitting here talking out of your ass. You act like anybody could possibly start working out and eating way less and come away from it more unhealthy. Your body is less stressed by itself, you gain back flexibility, and any amount of effort versus previous no effort will increase muscle mass guaranteed, as long as mindless hours of cardio burning away the body while it is already burning itself away are not involved. If the person started out "fat strong" or something, then they really fucked up their strategy and are going to have to do a lot of lifting just to maintain the body to extremely minimal gains, which is unfortunate but hey whatever.

I am not uneducated, just not weak, stupid, or lazy, so it took almost no effort to figure out every single thing I needed to do on the diet & exercise side of things. The only thing that took any actual effort was to control myself the first month, to stop the 2300, 2500, 2700 calorie days...that took constant casual obsession, but only for the first month. After that I have never counted calories or paid attention other than to estimate and make sure I eat 1600-2200 calories a day. The amount of time I have spent writing in this topic is more time than it took to figure out 99% of the diet/exercise stuff. No matter how much you want to convince us you have legitimate special knowledge, there is nothing a personal trainer can learn that we cannot learn by researching casually on the internet. Who knew that pushing weights around was not a mystical, magical science. Whoa supplements besides a few that everyone agrees are good are garbage, so difficult to find out, wow!!!

Take a vitamin/supplement for calcium every day and hope they really work, they are supposed to "definitely" for calcium <3 as for me, just the usual multi :)

Last edited:
I love how you didn't comment on any of the facts that youngjake said and went back to your preaching.

Before you do your whole "blah blah you're illiterate blah blah I know my shit" thing, you didn't talk about body types, proper work out techniques, and motivating/educating the client. Theres also uniquely tailoring diets and work out plans, because, believe it or not, not everyone is the same. There's only so much a computer can help you with.

Don't worry guys. CK has a brain tumor and he has been reading a lot of articles on the internet about scalpels. He will be removing the tumor on his own tomorrow morning since he is now an expert in the field. After his quick recovery he should be at full health and able to make sensible arguments on this subject.

Justin, that insult was even more senseless than youngjake's pride in his handholding job for high school dropouts.
Lol actually a bunch of my clients have been college-educated hard-working wealthy 40-50 year olds that just recognized they weren't experts in fitness and cared enough about their results to do it the right way the first time. I've also trained a bunch of high school athletes that were already working out several times per week, but weren't gaining weight/strength or losing weight in the way they wanted to. There were even multiple people that were ex-military that DEFINITELY knew about hard work. Funny how that works out...
I don't think I ever even had a client that wanted their "hand held." In fact, it was almost an uphill battle to break the stigma that trainers are hand-holders because most people believe or not do not like to give away their hard-earned money because 'they're too lazy and don't have the will power to do it themselves.' Haha I actually have seen some kinda fat people sign up for a membership at the gym, completely deny they needed a trainer and never show up to the gym after the first 1 or 2 visits. Those are the people you are talking about.
K as of now I am officially done feeding the troll.

Just wondering, if you're trying to lift to lose weight on a program like starting strength, do you add weight at the same rate as you do when bulking (dropping to 70% when you can't finish a set, etc etc) or does any aspect of it have to be approached differently?

Just wondering, if you're trying to lift to lose weight on a program like starting strength, do you add weight at the same rate as you do when bulking (dropping to 70% when you can't finish a set, etc etc) or does any aspect of it have to be approached differently?
You can try it as far as your body will take you, but eventually you're going to have to eat at least maintenance or surplus in order to keep adding weight. There's no way you'll be able to consistently eat at a deficit and increase your workouts at a pace like that (5-15lbs per week)

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Seeking guidance is not an act of laziness or weakness, but an act of ambition. I see no issue in speaking to professionals/experienced persons within the field to help you towards your goals/expand your knowledge base.

That said, I agree that there is a lot of people in the fitness industry looking to make a quick buck off their mediocre qualifications by overcomplicating simple principles. And, even more annoying, the people who think that they're qualified to sell their shit products simply because they have a six-pack and a few thousand followers on Instagram. If you're capable of telling the frauds from the real deals and it is in-keeping with your goals then seeing dieticians, strength coaches etc could prove a good investment.

I just want to point out that professional athletes who have been students of their sports for decades have coaches. if they, who have been learning for most of their lives, are willing to ask for help, then so too should everyone else.

I will say this, though: it's best, imo, to do lots of research on your own and try things out for yourself first, so long as you stay very conservative and don't risk injury. do this for at least 6 months before getting a trainer or coach imo. this accomplishes a few things. Firstly, it forces you to prove to yourself that you are committed before you spend money that would be wasted if you're not committed. secondly, it forces you to learn enough to be able to tell the frauds from the worthwhile trainers and spend your money well. thirdly, the more advanced you are the more complicated and individualized your training needs to be, and this is where having a coach really shines vs. having the internet, since most beginners should be doing the same shit anyway.

the biggest benefit of having a coach imo is that they watch you and worry about whether your training is best for you, so that you can simply get the workout for the day, do it, believe in it, and not worry about the rest. they figure out the details, you just have to put in the work. if what you're doing is at all advanced or complicated, then not having to figure it all out is a huge load off your shoulders. as someone who played competitive sports and had a coach and now lifts casually without one, I can speak firsthand to the benefits of having someone do all your worrying for you.

Last edited:

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
As an aside from the main conversation, I wanted to say that I can now curl 35 lb dumbbells! I remember last year I struggled a lot with even 20 lb dumbbells and a year later now I can do 35s. Might not be that impressive given that it's a year, but I like how it's at least increasing. ^^

Nothing I said was "broscience". The madding crowd's ignoble circlejerk does not validate anything. The obsession with the details of working out has detracted from the KISS reality of how this shit works, a society wide self-delusion that leads to nothing but less weight loss by a terrific amount.

I lost at least 2-3 pounds since the start of May so far, oh noooooooooo I wonder when I am going to plateau this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard, please someone give me a hand to hold FUCK!!!

Lee, I was encouraging basic guidance, the type of basic information you can turn to your average group and get back (or google around for and figure out every detail of in a couple of hours). No need for hired help to hold your hand - no one is going to injure themselves doing some calm, controlled exercises and eating 500 calories less while replacing the majority of bad parts of their diet with good shit. There is nothing wrong with asking for minor help from pals, there is something wrong with being scared of moving your body and/or needing to hire help just to lose weight.

Last edited:

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To me one of the big things hiring a trainer does for people is that because it sets a time where you will be in the gym, it makes it much harder to just put it off and end up not going. It also oftentimes increases how much people do, and how hard they push themselves, because although there are people who have enough inherent drive to do the work that is needed, not everyone can really push themselves that hard.

And then there are cases like the reason i was working with a trainer for a while, which was where i was in shape, but needed to up my cardio conditioning because of a longterm illness i have. I had a set schedule i was supposed to run given to me by doctors, which normally you'd imagine takes a lot of what a trainer can do and makes it useless. However the problem i had was without the external emotional support offered by a trainer, i simply couldn't have finished some of the workouts (keeping heartrate 170-180 for 70 minutes on a bike for a roughly typical example).

Trainers are probably overused, but that doesn't mean they do not have a lot of good things they do offer for some people.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Does anyone here have skinny calves syndrome and has managed to improve them?
i've given up on them a long time ago

Running uphills, cycling uphills, walking uphill? Sorry but I never found a gym-based exercise that builds good calves - even Arnie had calf implants and I think that says it all!

So, as an update on me - I had a race yesterday, a 11 kilometre trail race with over 200m of elevation. And it was bloody hot in the UK yesterday, hottest day of the year they're saying. My foot was all taped up because of a blood blister on the sole of my foot I developed a few days previous which led me to go into it with a sorta 'ehhhh lets just see how it goes' attitude but when I hit the start line I just thought fuck it, I may as well go for it.

So I rocket off, looking to call some bluffs, hoping the competition will think 'fuck, he's fast, I best just let him go.' My first km over difficult terrain was 3.30 minutes, my third kilometre, the majority of which was straight up a mountain, was barely 5 minutes. That's fast. The danger with such an approach is that if anybody hangs with me I'll very likely be too exhausted to hold them off. So at about 4km I'm utterly fucked, my heart rate monitor is saying 199 beats per minute which is pretty traumatic but I'm out in the lead. I finally see the opportunity to have a sneaky peek over my shoulder (first rule of running, don't let the guy behind you see you're worried about him)...and...shit, there's a dude about 30 metres behind me. I don't think I'll be able to hold him off if he challenges me. The next 7km was a blur of heat-exhaustion, more climbing and sheer gutsiness, but I finally crossed the line in first place by just under a minute, before proceeding to down a pint of water and then pouring a second pint over my head, drank some questionable complementary recovery shake and scooped up the humble but much appreciated £50 prize money (presented by Chrissie Wellington, 4 time IronMan world champion and current world record holder!).
Here's some snaps!

With my nieces at the finish line.

Getting a hug from Chrissie Wellington. ^_^

My reaction to the aforementioned 'questionable shake.'

Action shot

That's all for now, looking to build from this and learn from this for my next race in mid-June.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)