Counter That Doubles Team #1 [Totem Vs Nollan] FIGHT!!! 1-0 Nollan

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Lol as if I care whose teams they are. I just assumed it continued alternating as it always does.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
BlankZero is too busy to supervise this, so I will be taking this over :pimp:

We are open for Round 7 Nominations!

We're adding a teammate to our first team:

to beat the second team:

specific moveset details can be found in the OP of this thread.

srk1214, I will save your nomination for next round. This nomination round will end when we had a decent amount of nominations and when the round lasted at least 2 days. Start nomming, people, so we can pit these teams against each other >:D.

Last edited:

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 164 Def / 92 HP / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast

I believe Choice Specs Thundurus-Therian is an amazing counter against the second team; he resists every single one of Mega-Pinsir's moves and completely decimates the other team with STAB Thunderbolt and STAB Hidden Power Flying. The 164 Defense EVs and 92 HP EVs invested give him some nice defensive bulk against the likes of Conkeldurr, Liepard, and Mega-Pinsir, not to mention he can survive an Ice Punch from LO Conkeldurr 100% of the time. An extremely powerful STAB Thunderbolt from Specs Thundurus-T is a guaranteed OHKO against Jellicent, Mega-Pinsir, and Liepard. HP Flying OHKOs Conkeldurr 100% of the time and Volt Switch is a great move to use in the first turn of the battle, severely damaging the opponent before taking any damage himself. Heck, even Volt Switch is sufficient enough to OHKO Mega-Pinsir and Liepard; this just demonstrates the sheer power of Thundurus-Therian, inflicting a significant amount of damage to any Pokémon that doesn't resist his attacks.

Here are some calcs against the second team:
Jellicent
  • 252+ SpA Choice Specs Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 68+ SpD Jellicent: 428-506 (105.9 - 125.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ SpA Choice Specs Thundurus-T Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 68+ SpD Jellicent: 336-396 (83.1 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Conkeldurr
  • 252+ SpA Choice Specs Thundurus-T Hidden Power Flying vs. 32 HP / 96 SpD Conkeldurr: 434-512 (120.8 - 142.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Mega-Pinsir
  • 252+ SpA Choice Specs Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 24 HP / 0 SpD Mega Pinsir: 576-678 (207.9 - 244.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ SpA Choice Specs Thundurus-T Hidden Power Flying vs. 24 HP / 0 SpD Mega Pinsir: 384-452 (138.6 - 163.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ SpA Choice Specs Thundurus-T Volt Switch vs. 24 HP / 0 SpD Mega Pinsir: 446-528 (161 - 190.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Liepard
  • 252+ SpA Choice Specs Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Liepard: 435-513 (131 - 154.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ SpA Choice Specs Thundurus-T Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Liepard: 339-400 (102.1 - 120.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ SpA Choice Specs Thundurus-T Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Liepard: 774-912 (233.1 - 274.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

#getrekt

finally

how can you swallow so much sleep?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
...There shouldn't be any 29s and 28s... those IVs make no sense

You should be going for 31/0/31/30/30/30
electro is fuckin next level
not only is he reducing foul play/swagga damage, he is also reducing our own damage output!
these next level strats ensure that we also lose speed ties
you may ask why you do this to your own pokemon?
because the opp's team is so bad that it dosen't even matter that your pokemon have perfect iv's!!!

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Packing no fire resists vs semi tr = death by tran

I refuse to vote for anything this round that can't beat eruptran and you should too (sorry Pinoy Pwnage). I'll throw up my own nomination later today; sorry for letting this project sit idle.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
eh its kind of the 'obvious, boring' nomination but its also the best pick

Rotom-W @ Sitrus Berry
252 HP / 140 SpA / 116 Def
Modest Nature
0 Atk IV
-Will-o-Wisp
-Thunderbolt
-Hydro Pump
-Protect

SpA EVs OHKO Pinsir 100% after mega; since he can't run Zard, Def is more important than SpD. Burns Conkeldurr; thunderbolts Jellicent and Pinsir; is not particularly threatened by Pinsir, Jellicent, or a potential Fire-type. Takes very little foul play and confusion damage which is about as close as you can get to liepard not being a massive cuntsicle (short of running own tempo ludicolo but thats really not an option vs nollans team lol)

Pocket

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Team 1 really wants some Rock Slide and Heat Wave resist. I can see TR Eruptran with Sunny Day destroying team 1. Terrakion can also spam Rock Slide and do respectable to lethal damage to 3 out of 4 of our Pokemon. This is where I came up with Rhyperior.

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Protect
- Fire Punch

Rhyperior outslows Heatran, Gourgeist, Jellicent, Conkeldurr and many other Pokemon under TR. Rhyperior's STAB EQ ensures that Heatran wont be sweeping under TR as long as Rhyperior is around. I could've used Rock Slide, but I opted for Stone Edge to deal as much damage to Jellicent as possible. Fire Punch to deal heavy damage to Pinsir and Gourgeist (if sun is up). It also deals with Ferrothorn, which can be annoying for our team that only has one solid answer in Sub Aegislash. Good thing team 2 already used up its mega slot, so Rhyperior doesn't need to worry about Abomasnow.

Last edited:

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 84 Def
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

• EVs are a guaranteed survive vs 2 Returns + Feint from Mpinsir
  • Shadow Ball from Chandy never 2HKOs
  • Taunt stops TR and potentially Liepard
  • Thunder Wave cripples stuff, can be switched for other moves if people see fit
  • Attack 2HKOs Liepard
  • INTIMIDATE = good
  • Nice typing walls most of opponents team

Last edited by a moderator:

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Rotom-W

Rotom-W does everything we need it to do, and then some. We want burn, the ability to wall MPinsir without being pummeled by JelliConk, and bulk with a different typing, all of which Rotom-W has. Its ability to wall pretty much the whole opposing team as well as cripple / KO all of them makes it the perfect fit. I prefer it over Thundurus-T just because of its longevity; I don't consider more raw power as something that is a necessity on TOTEM's team.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Rhyperior outslowing under TR = rhyperior getting outsped and ohkoed by water spout without even having to set up TR. The only reason I can see to vote for this mon is because you are really big on creativity, even at the cost of performance.

Gyarados can't KO pinsir and can only switch in safely once pinsir has already gone mega; in addition it can't touch jelli beyond taunt and is really really encore-weak

Thundurus-T it is, just gonna have to get wide guard swampert or some shit for slot six.

Pocket

Because Rhyperior is obviously going to stay in on Jellicent when Trick Room isn't up (we have Aegislash for that) n_n

Think of Rhyperior as an Amoonguss - a Pokemon that shits on Trick Room if it every goes up. Even outside of Trick Room, it pairs well with Togekiss and throws around heavy punches to Pinsir, Liepard, and Conkeldurr.

I'm going to go with Pwn's Rotom-W, although I would pick Pocket's Rhyperior if it synergies better with the team (fighting)

Pocket

Pwnemon's Rotom-W wins with a landslide!

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 140 SpA / 116 Def
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

We are open for Round 8 Nominations!

We're adding a teammate to our second team:

to beat the first team:

specific moveset details can be found in the OP of this thread.

srk1214, your Chandelure nomination still stands, unless you want to change it. This nomination round will end when we have a decent amount of nominations and when the round lasts for at least 2 days. Start nomming, people, so we can pit these teams against each other >:D.

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yes I would still like to nom Chandelure

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SAtk / 124 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Will-o-Wisp
- Protect

EVs outrun Kyurem-B by a point, and do this: 252+ SpA Life Orb Chandelure Overheat vs. 228 HP / 28 SpD Kyurem-B: 348-411 (77.6 - 91.7%)
So Kyu-B can't just hide behind its Subs and Protects, since based Infiltrator Overheat will let us land the KO even after Lefties gives some recovery in most scenarios. Meanwhile, against Aegislash, we can just use 252+ SpA Life Orb Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 283-338 (87.3 - 104.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO, which is good enough to KO through the Subs as well, without needing to lower SpA.

As to the things without Sub, Will-o-Wisp is used to dick with Kangaskhan. Overheat spells trouble for even Togekiss too: 252+ SpA Life Orb Chandelure Overheat vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Togekiss: 292-344 (78.2 - 92.2%) and Shadow Ball outruns and also 2HKOs the Rotom-W through Sitrus (62.8-74.3%).

I considered putting Taunt in the last slot to dick with Togekiss even more, but I settled on Protect, which enables us to stall our own Trick Room turns if necessary, since we need to be able to outrun Kyu-B, Aegislash, and Rotom-W to pose a threat and being outrun by FlinchKiss would be annoying too.

Defensively, the remaining 132 HP conveniently lets us always live an Earth Power from Kyurem-B as well as our own Life Orb recoil as we Overheat it to oblivion. 252+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Earth Power vs. 132 HP / 0 SpD Chandelure: 224-264 (76.1 - 89.7%), doing 264 max, along with our LO recoil of 29, leaving exactly 1 HP left over. So against Kyurem-B, at least, Trick Room still being up isn't an auto-lose scenario.

Last edited:

Pocket

Chandelure is a good offensive pick that I actually nominated 3 rounds ago (but people went for Liepard instead x_x). However, is Overheat really the best choice of STAB on Chandelure? Team 2 doesnt have that many defensive pivots, so the special drop can be troublesome. I also think a spread move would be swell, since it allows Chandelure to circumvent team 1's misdirection from Togekiss and hit its partner for good damage, even behind a substitute.

Team 2 needs more solid defensive pivot that can take hits and support the team. Rotom-W's Wisp is particularly annoying.

I also think Liepard lacks a good partner. What sort of partner can really bring out the hitler in this cat? champetero's speedy Encore + Disable combo certainly sounds evil... maybe a Sash Gengar (I heard that one of the VGC regional finalists used one iirc) could work? Some sort of set-up Sweeper would appreciate the disruptive havoc that Liepard wreaks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)