Battle Maison Discussion & Records

I've just hit the 100 mark in singles! So far, the only thing giving me problems are scarf Ladorus and Terrakion. If anyone could give me any suggestions on my team, that would be great.

Kangaskahn @Kangaskanite
Jolly Nature
Ability: Scrappy > Parental Bond
252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Fake Out
-Return
-Power-up-Punch
-Sucker Punch

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
Bold Nature
Ability: Levitate
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp.Atk
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-o-Wisp
-Rest

Garchomp Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Ability: Sand Veil
252 Atk/ 252 Speed / 4 Def
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Stone Edge
-Fire Fang

I know it's cheap, but MKangaskahn is able to out speed and 2HKO almost any Battle Maison Pokemon with Fake Out and Return. More often that not, I'm able to sweep all 3 of my opponents' team. Rotom-W is able to take on my physical attackers and gives me a good pivot into either Kang or Garchomp. Garchomp usually just cleans up after MKanga has weakened the team.

I've also noticed that MKangaskahn is very rarely outsped by my opponent. The only times I've seen it were scarfed Pokemon (Landorus and Braviary) or Terrakion.

Edit: I take that back; Alakazam, Gengar, and Starmie obviously outspeed me, but I've always sucker punched them.

Last edited:
Hey,
in the past few months I've been continuing my streak in Maison Triples, and as of now I've reached all goals I've set for myself and don't have any motivation to go further, so I decided to post my current record here. The record is 2000 consecutive wins in Super Triples (ongoing).

The team I used was the following:

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Return
- Protect

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod (-> Intimidate)
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Swampert @ Assault Vest
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 44 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Rock Slide
- Avalanche

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Protect

While Talonflame has Tailwind, this isn't a Tailwind team, in fact, I don't use Tailwind at all in most battles. In general, this team as a whole doesn't follow a specific concept, it's just based on individually strong pokemon that have good synergy with each other.
With Gyarados, I gather one boost and attack after that most of the time, but direct attacking or gathering two or, very rarely, even more boosts, is also a possibility, depending on the situation. Gyarados' own Intimidate, as well as Mega-Manectric's, weaken physical attackers such as Rock Slide users to secure Gyarados' setup, but also Earthquake users who tend to spam the move even though I have two immunities against it.
Of course, against possible Electric attacks, Manectric usually stays unevolved and absorbs them, thus protecting both Gyarados and Talonflame. Manectric also hits Water types hard, who resist Gyarados' STAB and can be troublesome for Talonflame.
Talonflame, on the other hand, protects Gyarados as well. Due to the KI's tendency to target a pokemon that they can kill, almost any Stone Edge after Intimidate will target Talonflame, because it doesn't survive -1 or even -2 Stone Edge, while Gyarados normally does. Also, Talonflame destroys Grass type pokemon, who resist both Gyarados' and Manectric's STABs.

Thus, the synergy of the lead trio alone lets me beat a huge range of opponents, or at least get a severe advantage over them. But in case of a difficult matchup, or if I have to switch out one of my leads to avoid a KO, the rest of my team allows me to take almost any attack without too much trouble. Especially Swampert works extremely well in that respect; with solid all-around bulk, Intimidate support and Assault Vest, very few attacks can 2HKO it, and OHKOs almost never happen, it even survives grass attacks without STAB or from weaker grass types. Most importantly, it can switch into Rock type moves that hit two of leads for super effective damage, while Manectric also doesn't take them well as it's rather frail, though Intimidate helps a lot. It also doesn't care much about the Earthquakes and other coverage moves those Rock types usually carry and can hit any of them back hard, bar Cradily, which has barely any offensive presence and is hard countered by Aegislash.
Aegislash, as well, is a good switchin into most Rock attacks, but also resists lots of other types, most importantly Dragon and Ice, which my team has no other resists against.
Hydregion, on the other hand, has an important immunity to Ground-type attacks, while not being weak to Rock.
Also, those are all very good pokemon in general, that add other specific traits to my team, like a strong field move in Earthquake, a priority move and the ability to reliably beat defensive boosters with Sacred Sword or strong long range moves and powerful STABs against Trick Room teams.

The movesets, for the most part, aren't too surprising, so I'll only explain the choices that I don't think are obvious.

Gyarados is obviously designed as a bulky booster, thus the Lum Berry was set because Gyarados is hindered by all kinds of status.
Return was chosen as a coverage move, because it's reliable, strong and with Waterfall, it hits almost anything for at least neutral damage. Stone Edge, and to a lesser extent Bounce and Ice Fang as well, were too unreliable, and Earthquake seemed a suboptimal choice with only 75 base power against each target and a lead partner vulnerable to ground moves.
The EV split maximizes the offensive power and allows Gyarados to outspeed everything up to Base 111 pokemon (Tornadus/Thundurus) after a single boost. Giving it enough EVs for base 115 pokemon would also be a good option, this would also avoid speed ties against Volcarona with an equal number of boosts (but Volcarona is a non-threat against my team anyway) and allow Gyarados to outspeed Scarf Terrakion after two boosts or in Tailwind. I'm not sure what's better overall, so I just stayed with the spread I started with.

Manectric has a pretty simple set, though the lack of a fire type move is notable. With Talonflame, as well as Flamethrower Hydreigon in the back row, I don't really need another fire type move, and I found Volt Switch (the only move I would consider to remove) to be more useful overall, because doing damage (sometimes even OHKOing frailer electric-weak opponents) and switching out to avoid Earthquakes or other strong attacks is quite useful. It can also help if I'm up against a faster Electric type and a slower Pokemon that threatens Manectric, because it allows me to protect Gyarados from electric attacks and Manectric itself at the same time (though Protect can do that, to some extent, as well, if it wasn't used the turn before).
As dragons are much more of a direct threat to my team than Water/Ground-types, and because I hit almost anything at least for neutral damage with it, I preferred HP Ice over Grass and any other type.
The EVs and nature are almost completely offensive, with just enough speed to be faster than Base 130s after mega evolving and Garchomp before mega evolving.

Talonflame just spams Brave Bird most of the time, but because it often attracts moves like Stone Edge, and Protect is such a useful move in general, I still preferred Sharp Beak over Choice Band as an item. Life Orb isn't an option because Flare Blitz is only used rarely (mostly against Steels) and the recoil damage is already quite high. (Besides, Hydreigon can make much better use of it anyway.)
Tailwind is, as I said before, more of a filler move than the team's strategy, and I have the speed advantage against most opposing teams anyway and direct attacking seems more useful in many situations, but sometimes, mostly against legendary teams, Tailwind is used and proves itself to be very valuable. Also, Talonflame doesn't really have any outstanding options anyway, so it's not that I lose much by carrying a move that I don't use very often.
As I use three moves with increased priority and use Flare Blitz rarely anyway (and if I do, it's almost always against an opponent that is either slower than even 0 Speed Talonflame or if I only use Flare Blitz to reduce recoil damage by attacking a double-targeted opponent after my other pokemon), I decided to use no Speed EVs and maximise HP instead, and I've only faced extremely few situations where the lower speed really mattered, while Talonflame survives at relatively low health very often.

Swampert's main moves are Earthquake and Waterfall, which are quite obvious. The rest of the moves are mostly fillers, and other options likes Superpower or Hammer Arm could be used as well, though I never missed any of them. Avalanche helps against Dragons, while Rock Slide covers Volcarona, Yanmega, Moltres, Articuno and a few other threats, while also being another multi-target-move. Rock Slide is the only inaccurate move in my team, but as I rarely use it in the first place, it doesn't matter too much.
Ice Punch may be a better option than Avalanche, but there are also situations where Avalanche is superior and most of the time, i didn't make a difference at all so I didn't bother getting a new Swampert from Gen 5.
The EV split is quite offensive, but I don't want it to tank attacks and just sit around, so i maximized Attack first. I also gave it enough speed EVs for uninvested Base 70 pokemon which definitely payed off.
The rest of the EVs was invested in bulk, with a focus on SpD because I have Intimidate support for the physical side and every extra SpD stat point is basically 1,5 extra points due to Assault Vest. In addition, 124 HP EVs also let me reach a HP number that minimizes indirect damage from Hail, burn and other things.
The item choice allows Swampert to tank special hits extremely well (Ninetales Energy Ball is a 3HKO, for example), and the physical side is already supported by Intimidate users. As Swampert has good bulk and only one weakness, Protect isn't missed too much.

I chose a physical Aegislash over a special one because I wanted both (a strong) Shadow Sneak and Sacred Sword for defensive boosters. I also use Iron Head because it's my only super effective attack against fairies and Swords Dance and Substitute seemed a bit hard to setup in a mode where up to three pokemon can possibly hit you.
Weakness Policy allows me to compensate for the lack of Swords Dance in some way and is quite useful, as many opponents carry a super effective move against Aegislash, while very few can actually OHKO it in Shield Forme.
Brave to avoid being hit in Shield Form, other than that the EV split is very basic.

Hydregion's is completely obvious, there's really nothing needing an explanation here.

I mostly had problems with Defiant/Competitive users (Bisharp, Braviary, Milotic, Gothitelle, etc.), strong Rock move users like Choice Band Tyrantrum, Choice Band Armaldo and Clear Body Regirock, strong and bulky Blizzard spammers likes Glaceon, Abomasnow and to some extent Froslass, with bulky Protect/Detect users that pose an offensive threat to my team (Glaceon, Abomasnow, Eelektross, Kingdra, etc.), Storm Drain and Lightningrod users in specific combinations (like Cradily + Tyranitar), some opponents with hax items and other luck-reliant but potencially dangerous strategies (OHKO Walrein, OHKO Quick Claw Donphan, Regigigas who can have lots of annoying moves, Lati@s with Lax Incense, Whiscash with Fissure and Muddy Water, etc.), and some other pokemon likes Tornadus, Garchomp, Flygon, Cresselia and probably more. While all of these Pokemon are problematic in some way, I can play around everything and some these pokemon only pose threats in specific situations or if they get lucky anyway.

Also, Stockpile + Charge Beam ChestoRest Lanturn is the most annoying opponent out of all, if I don't have Swampert out when it comes in it can get some boosts quite easily and then I have to kill all of its partners and stall it out after that. I'm almost guaranteed to win if I force it into a Rest after its Chesto Berry is used up, but it's still very frustrating to play against.

Battle Video Proof:
KTDG-WWWW-WWW7-A9LF: #2000 vs. Medicham / Claydol / Gardevoir / Alakazam / Musharna / Starmie

Last edited:
Uphaze has been removed from the records list for using a hacked Pokémon.

It is irrelevant in how many of the 373 battles Uphaze actually used the Wish Chansey, and I assume the Clefable and Skarmory were also ''created'' using a program like Pokégen. Uphaze has used a Pokémon to achieve a streak that no one has legal access to (at least not perfect), which gives him an advantage over fellow Maison players, which I consider cheating. Unless someone can link me to a trade thread or website like Pokécheck, which contains proof of a legal Bold Wish Chansey with flawless IV's, I will re-add Uphaze to the records list.

I am aware of the fact that there is no rule stating that Pokégenned Pokémon are not allowed. ''Why isn't there?'' Because I don't expect people to actually do so. Peterko, a former Smogon member who used to run this thread for all previous Pokémon generations said the following about this manner and I'd like to quote that:

Don't cheat, if you feel like you have to, make sure you don't get caught.
Oh shit really? The Charizard I used in Multis was genned. I'm so sorry I didn't know at all! I mean admittedly it was a good hack (nobody questioned the legality of my Zard, but I SWEAR ON MY LIFE THAT BIRD JESUS WAS LEGIT) but I shouldn't be using hacks in the Maison. This includes my Latios (Shiny, 6IVs, it checks all the boxes) among other things.vwhile I haven't had any records on the OP, I don't want my records I. There if you don't want hacked Pokemon. I'm sorry.

Hey,
in the past few months I've been continuing my streak in Maison Triples, and as of now I've reached all goals I've set for myself and don't have any motivation to go further, so I decided to post my current record here. The record is 2000 consecutive wins in Super Triples (ongoing).
This is amazing. Congratulations; you broke it! It's awesome to see a "goodstuffs" team work so well, particularly without reliance on the more standard Triples gambits. I love seeing something novel, and while it's obviously harder to "classify" this team because of its lack of a single consistent strategy, I love the flexibility and the fact that you've learned to play it well enough to win every time. Hats off to you, sir.

I appreciate the help, but it's as Stellar said, the Scizor I am using was bred this gen.
Actually there is one thing, give the Scizor at least 20 speed EVs, it lets you outspeed all but one of the Heatran Sets in the Maison (the fourth is scarfed) and whack them with a Brick Break.

I decided to post my current record here. The record is 2000 consecutive wins in Super Triples (ongoing).
record is 2000 consecutive wins in Super Triples (ongoing).
2000 consecutive wins in Super Triples
2000 consecutive wins
holy shit what I did not expect R Inanimate's streaak to get beaten o.o
Seeing you posting regularly but never posting a streak, I figured you were up to something all this time though... Amazing job!

Anyway, now that my exams are over I figured it's time to get back into Pokemon again and start reworking my Triples team for another streak - haven't started yet but I'm open to suggestions from everyone on how to improve it. My team is Mega Charizard Y, Terrakion, Latias, Heatran, Camerupt and Talonflame. Of course when looking at this one would instantly notice the huge gaping Water, Ground and Rock weaknesses. This huge weakness is of course not a problem if I get my opening setup successfully (which takes 1 turn only), since virtually everything gets OHKO'd after the setup.
Thus it follows logically that to improve the team I should fix things that mess with the opening - Trick Room leads being public enemy #1. That said it's only a problem if my opening lead is faced with both a Trick Roomer and Pokemon which is faster than Terrakion and able to OHKO (things like Alakazam, Starmie and Espeon).
Additionally, since my team doubles up as a Sun team I figure introducing some Grass-type Pokemon could help to patch up the huge Water-type weakness - perhaps taking advantage of abilities like Chlorophyll. Camerupt and Talonflame are in my opinion the most easy to replace.

So in conclusion, I'd just like to ask if anyone has any ideas for strategies to combat Trick Room - or any Pokemon that could work well to cover up the huge type weaknesses it has.

The R/S remake announcement got me thinking about Maison again, so I thought I'd check in here. This is a little late, but congratulations on nabbing the top spot for Rotations, VaporeonIce! I'll have to go for another attempt soon, after I finish the game I restarted and promptly forgot about on the day of Bank's delayed release.

UPDATE 5/14/14: Lost on battle 113 to a stall team. I got cocky after sweeping a Veteran with Hydro Pump, and played poorly. Battle Video is SXQG-WWWW-WWW7-DY5H. I'm going to replay it later and see if it was possible for me to win. I suspect it was.

Well, I've been lurking this thread for quite a while, so I figured it was high time that I add a post. I'm rather new to this sort of battling; never really did Battle Tower/Frontier/Subway outside of a few battles here and there. With the introduction of trophies in XY, I decided I wanted to give the Maison a try, as it didn't seem as overwhelming as in previous gens.

Currently I have the trophy for Super Singles, Super Doubles, and Super Rotation. I tried copying Eppie's team for Triples, but I find the format weird and had a lot of difficulty getting through even the first few battles. So, I decided to return to my favorite format thus far (Super Rotation) and aim for a win streak.

I'll update with image proof and final streak total when I lose, but I'm currently sitting at around 80 wins with this variation of Kamitsure's team:

Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Iron Head

Pretty standard Mawile lead. Set up Swords Dance on predicted Protects, sweep with coverage move of choice. Sucker Punch for speed control. Pretty standard.

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

The Rotom I had from Super Singles was this Modest one, so that's what I used. I suspect a bulkier supporting version might be better for Rotations, but he's saved me quite a few times. Mostly there to cover Mawile/Dragonite's weaknesses, do some damage or cripple physical attackers.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

I originally planned to use Garchomp as I did for Singles, but I thought Dragonite's bulk might be better for Rotations, so here he is. I mostly try to set up D-Dance and then sweep with Outrage. I thought about running Assault Vest, but Lum Berry seems to help in more situations. Either it'll ready Dragonite for another Outrage, or ward off other status, giving me a free Dance.

Gengar (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

I thought Gengar would be a nice backup since it's fast and hits pretty hard, but he doesn't really do much that Rotom-W doesn't do. For battle 50, I brought Talonflame instead of him, so I might replace him permanently, but I have a bit of a genwunner soft spot for this dude. Moves are for coverage, Hypnosis is for fun, though I generally prefer to attack.
My idea was pretty simple. lead with M-Mawile, rotate into Rotom-W or Dragonite depending on predicted lead, set up Swords Dance/Dragon Dance, and sweep with mon of choice. I haven't learned enough about battling to utilize any more subtle strategies than that. But it's okay. I've thought about replacing Mawile with Kangaskhan for consistency in higher streak counts, but I love Mawile so I'm loathe to do so.

Lastly, here's my team! Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Welp I've tried several different team combinations of unique, less-used pokemon to get streaks going and I can't seem to muster anything positive. In my theory crafting I'm having a really difficult time finding partners that don't require using black/white to get legendaries (which I refuse to learn RNG that is not what the game is about to me) so I am in a bit of a pickle. I want to use something unique, and there are several pokemon that I truly enjoy using that no one has streaks with, but finding the ideal set of teammates is proving difficult. The other frustrating thing is the lack of move tutors to get moves like Hyper Voice, Heal Bell, Pain Split and Knock Off, on certain fun pokemon that would be awesome to try and climb the ladder with. Sigh... back to the drawing board. I'll be tinkering any suggestions feel to PM with

Welp I've tried several different team combinations of unique, less-used pokemon to get streaks going and I can't seem to muster anything positive. In my theory crafting I'm having a really difficult time finding partners that don't require using black/white to get legendaries (which I refuse to learn RNG that is not what the game is about to me) so I am in a bit of a pickle. I want to use something unique, and there are several pokemon that I truly enjoy using that no one has streaks with, but finding the ideal set of teammates is proving difficult. The other frustrating thing is the lack of move tutors to get moves like Hyper Voice, Heal Bell, Pain Split and Knock Off, on certain fun pokemon that would be awesome to try and climb the ladder with. Sigh... back to the drawing board. I'll be tinkering any suggestions feel to PM with
Suggestions would sort of depend on which mode you're trying to tackle. For many legendaries, you can get an IV spread that's adequate for the Maison by just using a Synchronizer, a Pokemon with speed that's one point below the 31 speed IV for the desired Pokemon, and soft-resetting (the musketeers are good examples); if you get a perfect speed IV, the right nature, a 25+ in your primary attacking stat, and pretty good defenses (around 20 or higher), you generally won't notice the difference. Unfortunately, that doesn't work with Tornadus or Thundurus. The move tutor problem is certainly annoying, though, and it's one I've run into myself.

Good luck!

Lost in the high twenties on the Super Multi. I used the following team:

AI Lead:
Staraptor@Choice Band
Intimidate
-Brave Bird
-Close Combat
-U-turn
-Giga Impact

My Lead:
Excadrill@Life Orb
Adamant nature
252Atk/252Spe/6Spd
Mold Breaker
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Protect
-X-scissor

AI backup:

Scizor@Life Orb
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Reversal

My Backup:
Rotom-W@Sitrus Berry
Modest nature
252HP/132SpA/124SpD
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Will-o-wisp
-Protect

Only lost because of bad moves and AI stupidity. Any suggestions are welcome so I can get to battle 50. In the mean time I might try some of the other styles

Just hit 100 in Super Rotation!

I didn't realize it was the same trainers and sets after 50 and was expecting the Chatelaine to show up, but she didn't. The last few battles were all pretty easy, which I was thankful for. Haven't run into a Veteran for about ten or fifteen battles either, which has been nice. I expect I'll get a few in a row when I head to 200.

In any case, this is the farthest I've ever gotten in any game's Battle Tower, so I'm quite pleased.

Attachments

Last edited:
I am in the process of putting together a team for a Super Singles run was curious if anyone has ever experimented with using Sheer Cold on their own team. Because I am a total ding-dong I failed to teach my Suicune Icy Wind when I was transferring it from B2 to Y... it's an event Suicune from Gen 4 with Sheer Cold and I thought it may make for an interesting inclusion with my team--other members are Dragonite and Mega Kang.

The build I am thinking is as follows:

Suicune @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry (?)
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spd
- Rest
- Scald
- Sheer Cold
- Calm Mind / Sleep Talk

I am in the process of putting together a team for a Super Singles run was curious if anyone has ever experimented with using Sheer Cold on their own team. Because I am a total ding-dong I failed to teach my Suicune Icy Wind when I was transferring it from B2 to Y... it's an event Suicune from Gen 4 with Sheer Cold and I thought it may make for an interesting inclusion with my team--other members are Dragonite and Mega Kang.

- Rest
- Scald
- Sheer Cold
- Calm Mind / Sleep Talk
You do know it can learn Ice Beam via TM right? Besides that, Sheer Cold in general isn't really a good strat to rely on (30% Accuracy blows, hell High Jump Kicks accuracy has screwed me, never mind SC) I know the A.I. abuses it like mad (WALREIN!) but I wouldn't personally use it (Not saying you should replace Sheer Cold, that's an event only move!) but if you want to use it I can't stop you (and you can troll people on Battle Spot with it too XD)
Stats wise, according to the CroCune set listed here it should be 248/248/12, but you can run it any way you want. (Relaxed IS a -Speed nature, so you might as well just go 252hp/252def/4spd for maximum wallage :P)
So yeah, those are my thoughts on the matter. Have fun with it!

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

- Rest
- Scald
- Sheer Cold
- Calm Mind / Sleep Talk
Suicune is tanky, so certainly, would seem like a good poke for rolling a bunch of Sheer Colds until one hits. But given the 30 percent accuracy, it may take a lot of tries, even something as bulky as Suicune can easily get worn down in that time. This is especially true without Substitute, as you'll have much less critical hit protection. Furthermore, you'll be much less tanky until you Calm Mind up, and once you start using Calm Mind a bunch, it seems a waste to ignore the Special Attack boost and rely on the random chance of hitting with Sheer Cold. Once you've eliminated glaring weaknesses from your team, success in the Subway is all about minimizing variance, and using Sheer Cold, sadly, increases it. The variance that makes it so scary on AI pokes is exactly the factor that makes it much less valuable in building your own long streak.

While Ice Beam is certainly a fine option, I've used Suicune a lot in both the Subway and Tower, and I strongly advise using Substitute in the Sheer Cold slot. The critical hit and status protection is incredibly valuable, and it really helps in stalling things out. While my initial 286 streak got knocked off the leaderboard, I've got a fresh steak over 300 going with Sub-Cune, and strongly advise giving it a try.

The other advantage of ditching Sheer Cold is that you get to use a normal Suicune with a Bold nature, rather than being stuck with the Relaxed nature of event-Cune. This would let you put fewer EVs into Speed and more into Defense. Of course, if event-Cune is the only Suicune you have, this is moot.

Updated my original post. Streak ended at battle 113 to Gourgeist/Weezing/Torterra/Slurpuff team. I'm a bit salty because I think I could've won, but oh well. I think I'm going to try Triples again, and aim for 50. If that doesn't work out, I'll go for 200 in Rotations.

For Triples, my bf suggested I try a team that utilized Mat Block to set up Rain Dance for Kingdra and Thundurus, and then sweep with some combination of Draco Meteor/Ice Beam/Thunder, etc. I tried it out but didn't get very far. I'm thinking of trying FEAR Aron next, since it doesn't seem quite as unfun as Entrainment seemed in Singles.

I think also the Triples format is a little overwhelming, since you need to keep track of six mons at the same time. Anyone have any general strategies for dealing with Triples?

Attachments

The other advantage of ditching Sheer Cold is that you get to use a normal Suicune with a Bold nature, rather than being stuck with the Relaxed nature of event-Cune. This would let you put fewer EVs into Speed and more into Defense. Of course, if event-Cune is the only Suicune you have, this is moot.
Yeah... this is kind of the main issue at hand: I have a single Suicune and it's the silly Relaxed event one from a few years ago. I keep meaning to replay Heart Gold and catch a bold one (or simply trade for one) but have been rather lazy.

I'll look into giving substitute a shot as well. Thank you for your feedback.

NoCheese

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The Mashing Marsupial, Blue Beast, and Jolly Green Giant are back!

After a fairly long hiatus, I've returned to the Subway for a bit, and improved my previous Subway streak with Mega Kangaskhan - Suicune - Dragonite, ending with a streak of 352 wins.

I detail the basic team strategy at some length here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-maison-discussion-records.3492706/page-50#post-5235707

A few additional observations from this run through.

1. Pay attention. Even seemingly minor mistakes can prove fatal over the long run, and it's easy to zone out when you've been playing a bunch of battles in a row.

2. Don't get cute. When in doubt, it's usually best to attack. I've had far more trouble from trying to get fancy than from not setting up enough.

3. Make sure you remember enemies with Custap Berry and Weakness policy. Most of these enemies are very easy to handle so long as you play them properly, but blindly playing into either item can turn things ugly.

Overall threats: I discussed threats in my previous post about this team, but here's some more detail on a few.

Public enemy number one, far and away, is Terrakion. Powerful STABs that hit both Kanga and Dragonite super effectively, a ton of Speed, and you can't even sneak in extra damage with Sucker Punch because of the double boost from Justified. A fully set up Suicune can take him safely, so whenever possible I try to set up Suicune when facing a legendary-using trainer in case of a follow-up Terrakion. Otherwise, the big saving grace is that most Legendary trainers only use sets 1 and 2, and set 2 is Choiced. Set 2 will lead lock into Sacred Sword, and I'll sacrifice Kanga, Dragon Dance twice with Dragonite, and then be set to outspeed and sweep. Set 1 is worse, since Close Combat will kill Kanga while still leaving Terrakion free to Stone Edge if I bring in Dragonite. Suicune can revenge with Scald, but will have to take a hit first, so a crit here is very dangerous indeed.

Volcarona 4 is also a threat, thanks to its bulk, ability to set up fast with Quiver Dance, and risk of a Flame Body burn. If my opponent leads with said Volcarona, I don't try to set up, I just immediately attack with Kanga. This way, even if I get burnt, I have a clean 2HKO, and Volcarona will be dented enough for the others to finish off.

Salamence can be remarkably irritating too, particularly with intimidate. It outspeeds Kanga and will OHKO with a crit. At that point, Suicune doesn't have a way to hit it effectively, save for praying for a burn, and Dragonite needs to Dragon Dance once to become faster. Even with multiscale, a crit on that first turn can OHKO.

While these weaknesses are frustrating, the joy of just destroying my normal feared foes like the infamous STAB Starmie and the Lati Twins mean I'm still very happy with the team's overall composition.

I've loved seeing the big success people have had with "cleaner" Kanga, using more coverage moves and Fake Out instead of Power-Up Punch, but I still love the lead and set-up version I'm using. So, so fun being able to set up through Taunt, shut down speedy Psychics without having to switch, and go PuP, Attack, Attack, Attack win.

The true core members of the squad are Kanga and Suicune. Dragonite is amazing, capable of sweeping entire teams on his own and synchronizing quite well with Suicune to boot, but is by far the least used poke on the team, and I can imagine that I would have success with other pokes in that slot too. Given the big Fighting weakness of Kanga, the third poke should almost certainly resist Fighting, and given my fear of Terrakion, a Rock Resist would not be remiss either. Aegislash accordingly comes to mind. Of course, this would increase my vulnerability to Volcarona, but the idea still appeals. Maybe for a future run…

I lost in the usual way, a mix of bad luck and a bad decision. Pokemon Ranger Hunter lead with Blastoise. Kanga mega evolved and used PuP. Blastoise Yawned. Kanga KOed with return, the fell asleep.

Hunter sent out Grenjina. Kanga didn't wake up, and Greninja (very) narrowly 2HKOed with Hydro Pump.

Suicune normally can beat Grenjina in this situation. But 3 (bah!!!) flinches in a row with Dark Pulse, and Suicune died to the fourth.

Dragonite came out, and knowing that he was slower than Greninja but would be faster after a dance, I used Dragon Dance, eating a Blizzard.

At this point, I already had my bad luck but cost myself with my mistake. Rather than KOing the frail Greninja with Earthquake, I didn't think and chose to Outrage. Locked in to Outrage, I was cold when the third poke turned out to be Exadrill, which survived the resisted Outrage and then KOed with Rock Slide. Had I used Earthquake on Greninja, I'd have been free to Earthquake again and kill Exadrill. That's how it goes. Over a long enough run, bad luck will happen, and one little mistake can do you in. Constant vigilance.

Proof: The video of my loss can be found here: 5ZPG-WWWW-WWW7-DKT3

I'd like to finish by noting how much I appreciate the way this thread has developed. Even by Smogon's high standards, I think the signal-to-noise ratio here has been really good. Lots of very useful info and analysis and I love the "helpful but competitive" vibe. After we moved past the usual irritating whines about hax and unfounded allegations about AI cheating in the first few pages, this thread has been pure gold! Thanks to Eppie for the good work maintaining things and to everyone for the great posts. Best of luck on your streaks, all!

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Suicune normally can beat Grenjina in this situation. But 3 (bah!!!) flinches in a row with Dark Pulse, and Suicune died to the fourth.
I like how you say "the joy of just destroying my normal feared foes like the infamous STAB Starmie", only to have Greninja take Starmie's place and flinch Suicune to death anyway. Lame.

Congrats though. Unfortunate that Excadrill was the last Pokemon; Pokemon Rangers don't really have that many Dragon resistant Pokemon to pick from as far as I can tell (Empoleon, Ferrothorn and Steelix are the only other ones I think).

Hello! So, after a couple of weeks of looking to this forum for advice I've finally joined. First of all, congrats to Mercury on the streak of 2000, that's mindblowing.

I've just recently interrupted my super singles streak at 50 with the common Dragonite / MKhan / Aegislash team, I'll worry about posting that streak once it's over though.
Anyways... I've been thinking of taking on Rotation Battles next and thought it might be good to put my team idea here for some feedback.

Blaziken @ Leftovers / Focus Sash?
Speed Boost - Jolly (+Spe, - SpA)
EVs: 252HP / 128 Def / 128 Def
Protect
Baton Pass / Substitute
Swords Dance / Baton Pass
Flare Blitz - so as not to be complete taunt fodder

Metagross @ Leftovers / Light Clay
Clear Body - Adamant (+Atk, - SpA)
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Meteor Mash / Iron Head (if I can breed one to transfer) / Bullet Punch
Zen Headbutt
Earthquake / Light Screen
Bullet Punch / Reflect

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Multiscale - Adamant (+Atk, - SpA)
EVs: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Outrage
Earthquake
Extremespeed (might be a pain to get) / Roost?
Dragon Dance

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Rough Skin / Sand Veil -> Sand Force - Adamant (+Atk, - SpA)
EVs: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Poison Jab
Fire Fang (coverage)

So, my idea here is to rack up some speed boosts and hopefully get an SD and sub before passing the boosts to Garchomp to go Mega and wreak havoc on pretty much anything and everything. For any obvious Fairy, Ice, Dragon attacks coming from pokemon that won't be OHKO'd by Garchomp, I can rotate into Metagross and then back to MChomp after the threat or Dragonite on the EQs and other Ground attacks to start racking up DDs.

Issues I can see is that with Dragonite sitting on the sidelines, AI might throw an Ice attack at me as I pass to Garchomp, which would promptly bite the dust.
Foul Play might cause a problem, but that's only Skuntank which gets wrecked by Chomp or Dragonite's EQs. Trick Room teams will likely be problematic as well, which is why I was considering Extremespeed on Dragonite, thought Roost might be an alternative as well.
MegaChomp looks like it could be fun to try using, and possibly more viable in rotations given the setup. EQ and Dragon Claw are obvious STAB choices as I'd rather not get locked into Outrage and then confusion haxed to death. Poison Jab deals with fairies if I've lost Metagross (eat it, Togekiss), and Fire Fang rounds out the coverage, smacking any Ice types that think they can take on MChomp and deals with things such as Skarmory and air baloon Steels.

Currently have no clue which set to go with for Metagross though. If I went for screens I would have a better chance of passing a sub, more speed boosts and SD to MChomp while giving it a little bit more of a defensive cushion. On the other hand, the increased coverage of EQ is appealing as is the priority of bullet punch, albeit somewhat weak.

Any weaknesses / issues that I haven't covered here? Also moveset, item and EV spread change suggestions would be much appreciated.
I know my lead is fairly useless (probably not the wisest thing) and that my main offence (MChomp) and my back-up offence (Dragonite) are both 4x weak to ice. Also, this thing really falls apart if I lose Blaziken before passing to MChomp.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
I'd like to finish by noting how much I appreciate the way this thread has developed. Even by Smogon's high standards, I think the signal-to-noise ratio here has been really good. Lots of very useful info and analysis and I love the "helpful but competitive" vibe. After we moved past the usual irritating whines about hax and unfounded allegations about AI cheating in the first few pages, this thread has been pure gold! Thanks to Eppie for the good work maintaining things and to everyone for the great posts. Best of luck on your streaks, all!
I totally agree; I hadn't even really thought about it, but Smogon's the only place I've found where people really take the Maison as a challenge and try to help each other out in that challenge, rather than seeing it as an insane cheatfest by the AI.

Congrats on your streak! I think you made the right choice in selecting Outrage instead of EQ against Greninja, by the way.

+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 132-156 (89.7 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure the odds of the AI's third mon being something that can take a +1 Outrage are lower than 60.2%, which were your odds of losing if you had selected Earthquake (factoring in the chance of a crit).

I think the main error was leaving Kangaskhan in after the Yawn. Yawn is probably the worst possible status move to get hit with (which is why I used it in my Singles streak...brooooken), so you REALLY want to switch when the opponent uses it. Of course, they'll usually just use Yawn again on the switch turn, but that's why you switch to Suicune, who completely manhandles Blastoise:

252+ Atk Blastoise Focus Punch vs. 236 HP / 236+ Def Suicune: 46-55 (22.4 - 26.8%) -- 28.9% chance to 4HKO

(EVs modified to match your Suicune's stats as listed on your earlier post) Because Blastoise's Focus Punches won't always break Suicune's Subs, you have a clear shot to just sit around setting up Calm Minds; with Pressure, Blastoise can only use FP 10 times, meaning it's stuck with a laughably weak Rock Slide and Waterfall after what will probably only be a single round of Sub, Sub, Sub, Sub, Rest (with Calm Minds thrown in there when it fails to break your Sub). More importantly, though, Mega Kangaskhan is still awake and ready to smash faces in case Suicune faints. A fully healthy Mega Khan could have beaten those other two mons with no problems (since Greninja would pick Hydro Pump over Dark Pulse).

Anyway, glad to see you at it again!

NoCheese

What was that I was saying about really helpful analysis? Good call, VaporeonIce. Good call indeed!! One more thing for me to remember next Maison run....

Doson

Thanks for the congratulations!

I haven't much experience in Rotations, but I have been thinking about a good team for this mode just a few days ago, and coincidentally, bulky booster Blaziken has also been part of my thoughts, though I didn't plan to use Baton Pass and had considered Bulk Up as an alternative to Swords Dance (but Swords Dance probably fits your team better). Unfortunately, I didn't try it yet (in fact, I haven't even bred it), so i can only provide thoughts based on theorymon, not on actual playing experience.

I think Protect + Substitute + Leftovers is the better choice compared to Protect + Focus Sash; the latter is quite vulnerable to random additional effects like paralysis, and you can't even make much use of your free attacking slot because Flare Blitz and Focus Sash don't go well with each other and Blaziken's other reliable STAB moves are Fire Punch and Brick Break (Low Kick is also an option, but unreliable in terms of damage output, and Superpower probably isn't a good idea on BP Blaziken in general), which are both pretty weak, especially with no investment and no boosting item.
Protect + Substitute, on the other hand, allows you to get more than enough speed boosts quite easily, as long as you don't rotate it into a faster opponent (rarely a matter as you can get a safe speed boost just by protecting) or an Infiltrator/sound move user that poses a threat to Blaziken. To work consistently, however, I'd invest at least 76 Speed EVs with a Jolly Nature, which allow you to outspeed Base 111 pokemon after a single speed boost, and also makes you faster than bulky Volcarona with an equal number of speed boosts, which is quite useful considering Volcarona is one of the most annoying and dangerous pokemon in Rotations (even if you choose to use not attacking move, it still allows you to possibly evade a Hurricane by putting up a substitute). Though you might as well consider 92 EVs for Base 115ers like Starmie and Raikou or even 172 EVs for Base 130ers.
In addition to that, I would either maximize the HP, or use 188 EVs, which hits 179 HP, thus giving you the highest possible HP number that makes four turns of Leftovers heal exactly as much health as one Substitute costs, which allows you to put up seven Substitutes with Leftovers and Protect (if I didn't miscalculate, this is also the highest possible HP number for Blaziken that can accomplish this).
Then I would put the rest of the EVs completely into one defense stat, because Blaziken won't reach much mixed Bulk anyway and if you focus on one stat, your Sub may survive some resisted (or very weak) attacks from that side at least.

Then, you'd have Sub/Protect/Swords Dance/BP, but to be honest, I'm not really convinced of the effectiveness of the BP setup. Setting up Attack boosts with Blaziken certainly isn't easier than setting up Attack + Speed boosts with stuff like Dragonite. Sweeping with +2 or even +0 Garchomp (if the opponent lets you get to +6, he was probably so harmless that Dragonite or any other strong booster would have swept as well) also isn't significantly easier than with Dragonite. What advantage does this setup have then? I see it more than an additional risk (the opponent might hit Garchomp with a strong attack or a side effect if you cannot pass a Sub, the setup cannot be executed if just one of your pokemon faints, etc.), and the Battle Maison is all about minimizing risks.
If you want to support your team members to sweep, you have other options like Double Screens (you already thought with your Metagross, so maybe this idea can be developed further), Aromatherapy/Heal Bell, Leech Seed and Wish. Those can all be utilized by defensive pokemon, so they a) other than no attacks Blaziken, can do something on their own by stalling out quite a lot of pokemon, b) are more likely to successfully execute their supporting role against most opponents (assuming Blaziken has to pass at least one attack boost to 'successfully execute its supporting role') and c) even if they happen to die due to a mistake or unavoidable risk, setup sweepers like DD Dragonite are still very strong on their own, while Garchomp is quite reliant on the support from Blaziken (although it's not bad on its own, but stuff like DD Dragonite is just much more self reliant).
Summing it up, I think Blaziken on its own isn't as useful as a supporter like Vaporeon, Mega Venusaur (with Leech Seed) or similar Pokemon, while I also think Garchomp on its own isn't as reliable and strong as other sweepers that are usually supported by the likes of Vaporeon. Also, if the strategy is successfully executed, it doesn't really give you a higher win chance than if you successfully execute a 'support your Dragonite with Wish' strategy. So all in all, I think Baton Passing is an inferior option of supporting team members in Rotations and probably would rather try a different strategy (maybe you could keep Blaziken and use it as an attacker instead of Baton Passer; mono fire might be viable, most Flash Fire users should be setup fodder for Dragonite anyway).
However, this is just theorymon and if it's really effective or not so can only be found out by actually playing in the Maison, so I definitely don't want to discourage you from giving it a try.

Regardless of what you decide to do with the Baton Pass strategy, I'd like to share thoughts on the rest of your team as well:

I think Metagross in Gen 6 is somewhat underwhelming; it has solid defenses, but not recovery and too many weaknesses to stall opponents out, it has good attacking power, but neither boostmoves (well it does have Hone Claws, but Swords Dance is a far more effective boostmove in general) nor an almost unresisted and thus easily spammable strong attack, and it can use Screens, but it's rather slow and will often have to take a hit before setting up the screen, so it's not really ideal in any role, and i don't think something that can do much but nothing really well is really good. If you want to go the screens route, Klefki has a superior typing and Prankster, if you want an attacker, Aegislash and Scizor would probably be more effective, and if you want a defensive pokemon, pretty much anything with decent bulk an reliable recovery will probably do that better.

Dragonite, on the other hand, is a really great pokemon for Rotations and for the Maison in general. I don't think it really needs Extremespeed though; as Trick Room teams generally consist of lots of bulky Ghosts and Psychics, the move probably won't help you at all against this matchup.
Also, after one boost, Dragonite already outspeeds most important opponents, and after two boosts it's faster than any relevant opponent in the maison. If you want to be able to hit Base 130ers after one boost, I'd rather try Jolly than use Extremespeed, which won't OHKO anything anyway (even Jolteon survives). In my opinion, Roost is the far better option. Another option is Substitute, which I really like on Dragonite in Rotations; however, I did always use it with Wish support - without it, it would probably either have to drop Earthquake and thus be walled by fairies (and to some extent steel types as well) or drop Roost, which doesn't allow you to set up much Substitutes so I don't think that's a good option.
If you decide to use it with either Roost or Wish support, you may also consider a more bulky split. I used 196 HP / 92 Atk / 4 Def / 44 SDef / 172 Spd with a Jolly nature, which allows it to outspeed neutral Base 80s without and positive Base 130s after a boost; also, it gets 191 HP, which minimizes indirect damage from weather, Leech Seed, Poison, Burn etc., though with Substitute, you can avoid most of those anyway. In addition, this split also always surives Modest Articuno's Blizzard (if it doesn't crit, so 95,625% of the time to be more exact), the rest of the EVs is put into attack. At first, I was sceptical that it would lack damage output, but it didn't matter in almost all battles because Dragonite still did a lot of damage (I used Outrage, Dragon Claw might indeed be somewhat weak) and very often, it could just set up two or three or four boosts easily if needed. That only applies to sets with recovery, if you don't use any, going fully offensive is probably the better choice.

Well, I already talked about Garchomp in the part about Baton Pass, so i can't add really much here, though if you want to try Baton Pass, you might think about giving your receiver a Lum Berry (Dragonite does like having the Lum very much though, but Leftovers and possibly Weakness Policy [though i don't think this would be an ideal item choice in rotations, since you will often have to take random neutral/resisted moves breaking your Multiscale followed by super effective moves that kill you before activating WP; roost could possibly reduce this problem though]) to minimize the risk of random additional effects and partly status moves. Non-Mega Garchomp and Haxorus (who bypasses annoying Sturdy abilities, as well as Levitate and others) would work similar and can hold a Lum Berry, though Haxorus' special bulk is somewhat lacking so it's not without its weaknesses either. Another option would be Mega Charizard X, who is immune to burns and can remove freezes with Flare Blitz; paralysis really hurts it though, and when switchin in, it still has the glaring Rock weakness from its normal forme (and in general, it has a lot of shared weaknesses with Blaziken + Dragonite).

Updated.

Hi there.

In response to the Aron/Durant/Broken/Usage arguments posted by multiple Maison players I'd like to reply with the following (solution).

My point still stands that Pokémon will not get separated based on usage. If Aron would get a separate record list based on usage (50% of current Doubles top 10), so would Dragonite (70% of current Singles top 10), and eventually Talonflame (currently 40% of Triples top 10). We don't want multiple records list for the same battle mode, unless a certain Pokémon has been proven to be broken. Is Aron broken? some say it is, some say it isn't. Is Aron in the same boat as Durant? A few months ago I would have answered this question with ''no''. Seeing as how the Super Singles records lists have developed since Durant being separated, I think it is now safe to assume that Durant isn't as broken anymore as it was in 5th Gen Battle Subway. This is not only because of Durant, but also because of new battle mechanics and the introduction of Fairy types (Jumpmans' invention of Dragonite is no longer able to sweep everything because it cannot touch Fairy types).

For this reason, I have merged Durant teams back into the regular Singles records. Seeing as merging them would mean that a few regular streaks no longer have a top 10 record, all records list have now been expanded with 5. I don't want to ''kick'' someone out of the list because a certain ''rule'' which the upperhand agreed on has now been nullified. Note that #11 - #15 aren't visible for all modes (yet), because certain modes do not have a top 10 yet.

Comparing Aron with Durant has been a good discussion based on the posts as it concluded (for me) that Durant no longer ''needs'' a separate list. I'm not saying Aron won't get a separate list, I just think it is too soon to state that it really needs one. While 686, 496 and 360 are good records, they don't directly imply that Aron is broken. 1845 is an insane record, but Mercury has proven that it can be beaten without the usage of a Pokémon some assume to be broken. Besides, R Inanimate didn't get to 1845 because he used Aron, he got that high because he is that good. He is by far the best non-singles Tower/Subway/Maison player in Smogon history, and I can safely state that based on his statistics which can be found here. Had he been more active since his Triples streak, I am sure he would be #1 in Doubles right now.

In a tl;dr: For now, Durant streaks will be considered regular streaks, and Aron won't get a separate list until future provides more ''proof'' that it should. Furthermore the records lists have been expanded with 5 slots. Those of you who have been removed from the top 10, but now make a top 15 record are free to re-post their information to be put on the leaderboard, or simply link me to the post that used to be a top 10 record.

~Mercury~, congratulations on being the first person to break 2000! I've read your post and you start off with mentioning that ''you don't have any motivation to go further''. As you are probably aware, records have to be ended to be added to the list. Seeing as I made an exception to that for R Inanimate when he posted battle video #1000, for being out of reach to be surpassed anytime soon, I will do the same for you.

I haven't been playing Maison in a while but I still had a 100 streak in Doubles (Dusclops/Aron/MKangaskhan/Aegislash) and a 255 in Rotation (Cloyster/Haxorus/MScizor/Suicune). I started playing again yesterday and I'm currently at 200 now in Doubles with this team:

Battle Maison Double Record 200 (Ongoing).

Dusclops (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Frisk
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/00
EVs: 252 HP/126 Def/132 Sp.Def
Lv. 50 stats: 147/90/273/71/250/27
Moveset: Trick Room/Foresight/Night Shade/Brick Break

Aron (M) @ Berry Juice
Nature: Adamant
Trait: Sturdy
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: Zero
Lv. 1 stats: 12/6/7/4/6/5
Moveset: Protect/Endeavor/Swagger/Toxic

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Nature: Brave
Trait: Scrappy/Parental Bond
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Sp.Def
Lv. 50 (mega) stats: 212/194/120/80/121/108
Moveset: Fake Out/Double-Edge/Sucker Punch/Rock Slide

Aegislash (F) @ Life Orb
Nature: Brave
Trait: Stance Change
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/00
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Sp.Def
Lv. 50 stats: 167/112/170/57/171/58
Moveset: Iron Head/Shadow Claw/Sacred Sword/King's Shield

There really isn't that much to say about it as anyone knows what it does. Dusclops/Aron/Aegislash are the same from my 360 streak (Dusclops is shiny now and has a different EV spread + Foresight though), and Kangaskhan was added over Smeargle, while Aron is moved to the front. While 360 wins with a team that uses two Level 1 Pokémon was alot of fun I felt that it wasn't ''good'' enough to secure a spot in the top 3. In the first 100 battles I've been using lots of Pokémon in slot 3 (Mega Mawile, Clawitzer, Heatran, Octillery, Kangaskhan). While at first I was afraid that Kangaskhan would be too ''fast'', Fake Out, Parental Bond, Sucker Punch and her bulk more than make up for that. In fact, most of the times Kangaskhan comes in action Trick Room isn't up (anymore). I did battle 50-65 with Kangaskhan, then moved to Octillery for a while to find out after battle 80 - 100 that Kangaskhan was the right Pokémon for the team.

200 wins is nothing to brag about when you have a 360 record, but I figured since I was writing down all these words I might as well give you guys some insight of what I've been doing lately.

Last edited:

NoCheese

Good call on merging singles and expanding the singles, doubles, and triples lists, Eppie! This is really nice, as in general, I like having the lists go a bit deeper where there's a lot of streaks, because there's often useful information in streak write ups even for those that have fallen out of the top 10. Once an old streak slips off the list, a lot of valuable information is essentially buried.

Good luck on your doubles run!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)