Other Here we go again... AGAIN - SIGN UPS (CLOSED)

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Greetings! It is finally time to open sign-ups to bassgame 3, which shall henceforth be known as "Here we go again... AGAIN". If you don't know what this is, see my thread in the OSI subforum which has links to the previous two games. askaninjask's recent series of challenges would also be a good reference. The format of this game will be similar to the previous games. I am not going to spoon feed this information to you, so I highly suggest taking the time to look at the references I mentioned above if you are unfamiliar with them, or better yet sign-up without fully knowing as proof of your courage. There will be a few minor differences, which will mostly be revealed during the first task. The only thing I will mention now is that there will be no punishments as I no longer have a reliable means of enforcing them. As a result, if you were too afraid to sign-up last time because of this, then have no fear! However, I will still do everything in my power to have you barred from signing up for future games in Circus if you are consistently idling, so please be active!

EDIT: This does not mean that I will give up on adding punishments, if I find someone to enforce them, they will be reinstated.

EDIT2: There will be punishments, courtesy of Ace Emerald. I am disappointed to see a few of you to run away with your tail between your legs so soon!

One final note: Unlike before, I won't be available to answer questions all day on IRC. My official "office hours" will be 6PM - 11PM Mountain Time on weekdays. My PC is always on so you can leave me a message on IRC (Forte), or you may PM me here on the forums. The only reason I am making this note now is that asking questions about the tasks is highly encouraging, and the best players ask the most questions (though not for the sake of it!)

Anyway I'll stop rambling for now and give you all a chance to sign-up. Please read the following directions carefully before doing so, or you won't be eligible to play.

In three sentences, explain why you think you have what it takes to play in this competition.

Make sure to read the following numbered instructions very carefully.

Note: "Disregard" means DO NOT FOLLOW

1) Your first sentence must contain exactly five words.
2) Disregard the first instruction after this one.
3) Disregard the second instruction after this one.
4) Your second sentence must contain at least one of the following words: superior, impressive, great, talented, outstanding, terrific
5) Disregard the following instruction.
6) Your third sentence must contain two more words than your second sentence.

Because the instructions are a little more complicated this time around, you are allowed to edit your posts until I close signups.

PS, no plagiarism allowed. If you are caught copying any part of another prospective player's sign-up post, you will be barred from playing in the competition, no questions asked.

I encourage you to sign-up as early as you can, as I will close sign-ups at my discretion, depending on the quality of the players who are eligible. They will most likely be closed next Wednesday the 11th or on Sunday the 15th.

IRC Channel: #urwinner

The Courageous:
1. Steven Snype
2. Eagle4
3. zorbees
4. kingofmars
5. Celever
6. Walrein
7. Acklow
8. Pidge
9. askaninjask
10. jumpluff
11. billymills
12. FireMage
13. UllarWarlord
14. Ditto
15. LightWolf
16. Ace Emerald
17. PokeguyNXB
18. Woodchuck
19. Da Letter El

The Cowardly:
starwarsfan
Aura Guardian

Last edited:

Bass

Brother in arms
Someone has pointed out that the "disregard" instruction could be ambiguous. I have added a clarification that "Disregard" means DO NOT FOLLOW.

I want to try this. It is so terrific that you got rid of punishments. Now that you have done so, I want to try to play this game.

(EDIT: added "to play")

EDIT: punishments make this not fun. Retracting signup

Last edited:

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
First off, thank you Zorbees. This avatar is beyond terrific. Hopefully this time I don't have to get a Shit pony nazi scary bilbo avatar to win again.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Time for Walrein's triumphant return. The first bassgame was really great, it's a shame I screwed up signups for the second one. Still, I'm no coward.

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I like eating juicy chickens. I think this is an outstanding trait to have. If you are a juicy chicken in this competition, you should watch out.

Bass

Brother in arms
A few people expressed disappointment about the lack of punishments in this game, so I will do my best to bring them back if possible. Previously, jumpluff was the enforcer but she is no longer an smod, so I will need to find someone else who is willing to do it.

You have been warned. If you are a chicken, it is not too late to back out now.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First off, I am adorable.
Second, I am truly talented in finding loopholes in your games.
So put me in if you are a glutton for punishment.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
A few people expressed disappointment about the lack of punishments in this game, so I will do my best to bring them back if possible. Previously, jumpluff was the enforcer but she is no longer an smod, so I will need to find someone else who is willing to do it.

You have been warned. If you are a chicken, it is not too late to back out now.
I can help you out. If there is some reason that as a player in the game I can't enforce the punishment, then in that case you'll need to get the help of another mod. If you need a smod, Ace Emerald may be willing to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)