Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
adding the new mega models wound be called dlc dlc cost money. the reason for this wound be cause people wound nit have to buy oras for new megas and it wound get bad sales. also Nintendo says they will not do dlcs for main series Pokemon games.
Not necessarily. Animal Crossing had free DLC. Sonic LW had free DLC. There are probably other examples for stuff on Nintendo consoles, but DLC does not have to cost money.
It's true that Nintendo (well, Game Freak) have said that they don't want pay DLC for main series pokémon, and don't want to release patches for balance purposes, but mechanics changes can be dealt with by the more recent game cartridge as they've always been, and this leaves a nice gap for a small patch that lets XY display the new models properly. It wouldn't impact the sales of ORAS, as you would still have to buy it to use the new megas, and if anything XY players being able to see what they're missing might even slightly boost sales.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
What does that mean?
Are you for real? I'm just going to say: "Stating the complete obvious"

Getting off topic here, so I'm gonna steer it back.

Do you people think that the Battle Frontier or Tower will return? I'm personally hoping for the Frontier, as the Emerald one was by far the best that has been in a game so far. So many hours I spent staring at my gameboy trying to beat Dome Ace Tucker (The original fairy type!).

BPC

"Silence is the best answer to a stupid question"

Do you people think that the Battle Frontier or Tower will return? I'm personally hoping for the Frontier, as the Emerald one was by far the best that has been in a game so far. So many hours I spent staring at my gameboy trying to beat Dome Ace Tucker (The original fairy type!).
I also want battle factory and the other things to return. :]

RASFA

Banned deucer.

they may replace the battle frontier with some thing newer. They do not do frontier in games any more

I'd personally like to think that the patch idea and the arguments Cobraroll has posted could be combined. Like, when playing an X cartidge against AS, it would play out like Diamond vs. Platinum - you wouldn't see the mega evolution, the mega stones are displayed as ???, etc.
However, there would be a patch for XY released that would allow you to see these megas, mega stones and have them traded to you - but this would NOT be required to link with ORAS.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Guys, let's not get too distracted into little fights, if someone says something you don't agree with or is a little off topic, try not to jump on them. Everyone is going to have differing opinions. Let's just try and put a bit more thought into our posts please.

RASFA You especially need to take your time and actually try with your posts please. Your content is reasonable if people could actually decipher it. Take a second and actually think about what you are writing.

Now: Since I haven't said anything yet about the leaks that have come. I can elaborate a little now.

Mega Swampert looks *beast*. I don't really get all these people saying he is too huge for swift swim, we already have Poliwrath who is a big chunky water type too... Mega Sceptile looks pretty awesome aswell. Haven't gone too over the top with the design, have given it Dragon typing which everyone and their mother seemed to want. Odd choice of ability but solid nonetheless.

Liking the new designs for Magma/Aqua too. Interesting choices, but it's nice there is a bit more variation between the admins/grunts etc. Let's hope they ramp up that heel face turn a lot more too. All I hope mainly is they expand out the water routes wild encounter tables...

Last edited:
What new legends will ORAS herald? I'm personally thinking legends from Unova, and maybe some legends from Johto.
I don't see Unova's legends happening as they're very, very recent. Instead, they'd be far more likely to add Johto's legends, who we haven't had since like 2009 barring dream radar. I'd also suggest the creation trio as THEY haven't been seen since 2008 discounting dream radar - most gen 4 legends aside from those were obtainable in BW2. If ANY Unova legends appear in this game, it'll be the Kami trio, who are relatively difficult to get.
I also think Regigigas, despite being in BW2, is a stark possibility because regi trio.

If I were to put likelihood into tiers...
S-rank: Regigigas, Legendary Beasts
A-rank: Tower Duo, Creation Trio
B-rank: Kami Trio

I like the new Mega's! especially Swampert. I'm just waiting for Mega Milotic now. Water-types are my favourite in case you haven't noticed.
Also it looks like character customization is back cos in the original games May had brown hair, not yellow.

There should definitely be a patch. Even if the game says you can't hold that item while you're about to battle someone using X/Y on the PSS, there is Battle Spot. I know for sure that a lot of people want to use the new Megas but with the way it is now, you can't battle against anyone with X/Y with the new Megas. So they would have to have 2 servers, one for X/Y and another for OR/AS and I don't think they will do that.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
There should definitely be a patch. Even if the game says you can't hold that item while you're about to battle someone using X/Y on the PSS, there is Battle Spot. I know for sure that a lot of people want to use the new Megas but with the way it is now, you can't battle against anyone with X/Y with the new Megas. So they would have to have 2 servers, one for X/Y and another for OR/AS and I don't think they will do that.
They will do precisely what they've done for three generations straight now.

When an ORAS cart is battling an X/Y cart, in XY the Mega-evolved Pokémon will be displayed as the Pokémon's normal form (such as has been done with Deoxys, Shaymin or the Genies in the past). The Mega Evolution animation might be played, but the model itself wouldn't change.

I don't understand why people don't get this. This non-dilemma has existed for ten years already, and it has been solved flawlessly in the past. Why do people think it'll be such a big problem now?

When an ORAS cart is battling an X/Y cart, in XY the Mega-evolved Pokémon will be displayed as the Pokémon's normal form (such as has been done with Deoxys, Shaymin or the Genies in the past). The Mega Evolution animation might be played, but the model itself wouldn't change.

I don't understand why people don't get this. This non-dilemma has existed for ten years already, and it has been solved flawlessly in the past. Why do people think it'll be such a big problem now?
I agree, mega evolutions even have the icon on the health bar to indicatie their mega status. So even without a change to the pokemon's model you would still have a visual indicator.

they may replace the battle frontier with some thing newer. They do not do frontier in games any more
They didn't implement the Battle Frontier specifically in Unova, and they haven't yet implemented it in Kalos, but that doesn't mean that the Battle Frontier won't make a return. After all, Heart Gold and Soul Silver had elements of Crystal that weren't present in the original Gold and Silver, and Hoenn was the birthplace of the original Battle Frontier. I don't find it likely that they would remove one of the more popular draws of the Hoenn region, even if Ruby and Sapphire already had the Battle Tower, unless they do go through with Delta Emerald as a follow up, which actually is unprecedented.

That may indeed be what happens, but it has also been a thing to have the Friend Codes unique to the game, and not the system. They may have been able to get around the issue of introducing "new" Pokemon and items mid-generation in the past, but that doesn't mean that what they did was the best solution, it just means that it wasn't as feasible to patch. Unlike the Berry Glitch, which needed to be patched, this issue just made the game play go a bit less smoothly if the games weren't "compatible". Technology is advancing, and the needed patches are much easier to implement, either online, or via game, similarly to the implementation of the Berry Glitch Patch.

Yes, Generation V had interaction with the Internet. More-so than Generation IV, and certainly more than Generation III. However, Black, White, Black 2, and White 2 were made for the Nintendo DS, not for the Nintendo 3DS. The cartridges themselves didn't have much capacity, if any, in the way of being able to be patched. X and Y, as well as Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have access to SD cards to hold their patches for them.

Just because it worked in the past, doesn't mean that it was for the best, and it certainly wasn't flawless.

Well. Now they have to give Sableye Mega Evolution, so version exclusives would be equal.
Mega evolution doesn't have to be equal; both are fairly viable as is anyway. Sableye gains it's viability from Prankster, Mawile's comes from having access to a mega.

Edit: I really hope they include Emerald's battle frontier in these remakes. It was not only the original frontier but it was also the best/most challenging. It's where most of the move tutors were as well so that's another reason to keep it around.

Would love to see prehistoric devolutions for some fossilmons. Kabutops, cradily, armaldo could use a boost. Also bug/dragon prehistoric yanmega plz

Yiggaman

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Banette.

This has been gone over so many times on this thread. Like in Gen 4, a diamond frisker will find Griseous Orb and read it as "???".
its 2014 lol How hard is it for them to release a patch that has all mega stones available? Maybe the codes arent there because nintendo is tired of our @$@&

I believe it is possible, since HG/SS got battle frontier even though the original G/S just have battle tower (albeit was simply a recycled Pt's battle frontier which I find laziness on nintendo's part). In other news, HG/SS also has some crystal elements implemented like Eusine and Suicune's story, so to compare, I don't see why Battle Frontier isn't possible for a R/S remake.

its 2014 lol How hard is it for them to release a patch that has all mega stones available? Maybe the codes arent there because nintendo is tired of our @$@&
I was just refuting the argument of "Frisk will show the item so impossible compatibility". And if you'd actually read my previous posts, I do support the idea of a patch in certain circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)