Game of Thrones [thronies rejoice! XD]

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
One possible saving grace for him might be that we still havent learned anything about his mother. I dont think.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
"Dude, those guys on the cliff got #REKT"

That was an interesting episode in that, for the first second time in GoT history, the entire episode stayed with the same storyline branch.

I was sure Sam was going to die once he said "I promise I won't die".

[EDIT: I am guessing] Jon Snow is also going to die :(, but not this season :)

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That was an interesting episode in that, for the first time in GoT history, the entire episode stayed with the same storyline branch.
Season 2 Ep 9 Blackwater battle was all in Kings Landing, they just had many more central characters at that location.

Jon Snow is also going to die :(, but not this season :)
Uhh...

I would reread the prologue of A Dance with Dragons again. Plus, it doesn't make any literary sense for Jon to die at this time and we even know the exact mechanism by which he survived -- warging into Ghost (his last word was "Ghost"). The whole point of the prologue is to establish that this is possible. We also had Melissandre's vision of going from man to wolf to man again. George has also that we will find out about Jon's parentage, which would make no sense if he was dead...

I don't really think that if Jon was truly dead, it wouldn't have been left as a cliffhanger and they would have made it pretty clear that he was dead.

PS: Use spoiler tags

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was guessing, I haven't read the books and therefore have no idea what's going to happen to Jon Snow =P

EDIT: Also not opening your tags :)

"Dude, those guys on the cliff got #REKT"
That scene made me lel more than I should...until they brought up the sliced arm that is. If they are gonna bring up all stories in the final episode here are my bets:

Dany: Something to do with locked dragons (featured in promo trailer)
Aria: Perhaps telling Sandor she is going on her own now
Snow: Well Mance makes him watch (featured in promo trailer). The Fire Girl Friend of Stannis said something about "the true war is in the North", so I'm guessing after he grovelled and got his money he should be there by now. Otherwise the watch is fucked, even if they killed most of wildings that climbed the wall before.
Tommen: I demand cats.
Tyrion: No clue. Prolly something very violent.
Jorah: Finding a Dany lookalike whore in the nearby town.

That's all I got :/

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am surprised at how badly the show has written itself into a corner now, the changes they made this episode may very well bite them in the ass later.

The show just had to have their teary eyed lover moment with Ygritte and that dumb kid, they just had to give Ygritte a clear death didn't they. It really gets me when show watchers say a certain death "is not GRRM's style" (not to point fingers at anyone here I've heard this a lot). Because the show deaths and book deaths are quite differently staged, or well... not happening entirely. GRRM only writes one episode a season, David and Dan have much more authority in deciding how deaths are done in the show.

I suppose we'll enjoy the LC election for some brief moment, since it's going to be so obviously Jon Snow. Thorne and Slynt have nothing here, especially with that dumb speech where Thorne says Jon was right.

Killing of Slynt is supposed to be this great defeat of a constant corrupt lackey, now we'll just get the chopping off of some coward, almost comedy relief, oh well

Who the hell is going to replace Bowen Marsh now, it can't be Edd he's going to be in the company of a many spearwives (and lets admit that will be hilarious). If it's Allister Thorne then we get some flip floppy 'double agent villian'. I was half believing Pyp would do it, but who knows at this point.

Oh yeah bye Pyp bye Grenn guess you have no more point in the books, WHERE YOU ARE ALIVE. Glad to know nothing was in store for them anyways in the last two books.

Yeah Jon isn't going either, because we have good evidence that when Robb says 'Grey Wind' as his last words he warg'd into his wolf and tore the place up (neither of which the show did sadly), there is so much that dictates Jon doesn't die, and he makes it to the Winterfell crypts.

Ok, so they said a few episodes ago that the Night's Watch only had +- 100 men left, right? I really felt like the Night's Watch wasn't going to win this battle. Of course I didn't bother to count, but Ygritte alone killed quite a few men, Grenn and five others died in the gate, we saw Tormund and Styr both kill at least a dozen. Then there's all the other wildlings that were in their party, plus a large part of the Night's Watch was on top of the Wall (at least twenty, I think). Anyone else had that feeling?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Remember only a few Wildlings actually made it into the castle in the first place. The impression I got was that they had an army of 100,000, but the bulk of their force was on the wall side and never made it all the way to the top.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Really good episode. The actors were spot on and it was good to see Ciaran Hinds as Mance again.
I didn't like that they killed of Jojen so early. It didn't happen in the book, at least, not yet because they give him a part in the book that he has a dream about is fate and it doesn't look so good. I guess the point of killing him was to give him a good word for the Three Eyed Crow to say "He knew what was coming, etc." The fight between the Hound and Brienne was good, but it seemed like it dragged on too much when the majority of that time could have been used for the ending to show Lady Stoneheart. The Tyrion scene felt a little rushed, but it was still very good acting from his part. My biggest problem with this episode was no Lady Stoneheart. I got really excited when they said the episode was going to be longer, that they wanting to show a certain scene they've been wanting to show for a long time. Really sad considering that is a MAJOR part in the book, but, oh well maybe next year.

EDIT: OH YEAH, the Tysha scene between Tyrion and Tywin. That was an awesome scene in the book, but I guess since they didn't emphasize that enough in the show, they didn't include it.

Last edited:
Book readers were hyping this episode to be the best that the show had ever done if they pulled it off right, and apparently they didn't from what I hear. There's a lot of anger over some "Lady Stoneheart" not being included, although us show watchers have absolutely no idea what that means so we'll take your word for it. As a non-book reader (not yet at least), I thought it was a very good finale, though. Better than S3's, at least.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Lady Stoneheart takes almost two books to pay off, so I'm not bothered in the slightest.

All in all I thought it was probably the best season finale, even though it was the second worst season.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Looks like the mountain really did kill the hound!!!!!

Oh man this episode, here is how book readers felt during it:

I am honestly not that shocked about the rearranging of the ASoS epilogue, heck everything else reordered the hell out. It's such a shame the show has so far missed out or scewed so many important details like:

-Jaime just completely believing Tyrion was innocent, their chat before they left being extremely gimped
-Tywin not saying his remark about the places whores locate to
-Thus gimping Tyrions back-story tremendously
-The lack of dreams by everyone but Bran/Jojen (not to say everyone else has the level of dreams they have their place)
-Yeah speaking of Jojen, wowww wowowowowwww, point of no return indeed
-STANNIS STANNIS STANNIS chant
-That Brienne/Hound fight straight out of a fan-fiction
-The skipping of all the destruction that Brienne encounters instead replaced by her fantastic meet-ups with all those quirky side-characters we love

This season if anything shows how much those small changes add up, and now it's quite clear the show writers cannot be trusted when they go off-book. I mean did we really need all of that stuff with Karl Tanner the fookin legend of Gin Alley, or about the mentally-ill, beetle-crushing Lannister before the most important 1 on 1 fight in the entire season?

However this ep did do a few things very wonderfully, the Dany scenes were excellent with sealing the two dragons (you know the two that weren't roasting children alive). Jon meeting Stannis, Davos and Mel were all great moments. Also the final moments with the Hound were great.

EDIT: Also apparently some articles like on EW have completely spoiled the ASoS epilogue so fuck that. The show ought to have known we were all expecting it now, their failure to deliver is only going to hurt those who only watch the show.

Also thank you show for that beautiful Shae death, no longer do we have to deal with the worst show character.

Last edited:

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
I was disappointed with that episode. They just completely omitted the greatest line uttered by Tyrion, right after Tywin's death.

Something has just crossed my mind : did Daario's actor change because of casting issues or did he just change face like Jaqen H'ghar in season two?

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Did they explain why Stannis was north of the wall? Did I miss a line or something, or is he just there now that he got the army from Braavos?, which doesn't make any sense unless he's using it as a sekrit base

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Something has just crossed my mind : did Daario's actor change because of casting issues or did he just change face like Jaqen H'ghar in season two?
they changed the actor
Did they explain why Stannis was north of the wall? Did I miss a line or something, or is he just there now that he got the army from Braavos?, which doesn't make any sense unless he's using it as a sekrit base
Yeah, it was during the 3rd season when Stannis was about to execute Davos and Davos brought the message that Castle Black needed help and Melisandre said that "The War of 5 Kings means nothing...the real danger is in the North".

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ok, so to illustrate a point about game of thrones I decided to list my top 10 favourite characters:
1. Tyrion
2. Joffrey
Cuntiest character in tv history, took me a while to come round to him, but eventually I just started to appreciate what a masterpiece of unlikeability he really was.

3. Catelyn Stark
Badassest character in the whole show.

4. Tywin
5. Shae
6. Oberyn
7. Bronn
8. Davos
9. The Hound
10. Ned

Of the 6 who were alive at the start of this episode, only 3 are still standing.. And it doesnt really seem like we will be seeing much more of Bronn..

...but where do whores go?

The fight scene with Brienne and The Hound was hilarious in its absurdity. It starts off as a sword fight but slowly devolves into a scrambling mess of angry grunting.
Of course, it never happened in the books. In them the Hound just eventually succumbs to infection of his wounds, which they seemed to be foreshadowing in previous episodes with Arya telling him that he should have let her burn the wound on his neck. But then they just threw that away in favour of a duel straight out of fanfiction.
Oh well, I got a laugh out of it so *shrug*

only 3 are still standing
I'd like to invite fellow book readers to have a small chuckle with me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)