Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to assume it'll get a boost to stats that's something like +50 Defense, +40 Special Defense, +20 Attack, and -10 Speed. The ambiguity of its ability hints that it could be an unknown ability, but I'm going to guess it gets Analytic or Infiltrator. And I'm really hoping it gets Analytic instead, if it's one of those two.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I feel like an old lady when I look at how far former shitmons like Mawile, Sableye, and Azumarill have gone. My, how things have changed. /tear

That being said, I'm cautiously optimistic about Mega Sableye given how the base form's shit stats necessitate Prankster. Still, I'm glad the little guy is getting some love.

gamefreak please give spinda a mega

Hopefully, it won't get random unneeded stat boosts in certain areas like some Megas have (ie. Gardevoir). It definitely needs all of the 100 extra stat points to count.

I don't like it either but for a different reason. I don't like the idea of giving every pokemon that needs a boost a mega evolution. It's so frustrating to GF giving them out to so many pokemon. Megas should be for pokemon that have reached their limit but still need a boost such as Flygon. Standard evolutions should go to those who need them. Single stage pokemon like Sableye. Giving megas to every weak (or even strong) pokemon out there just means that players will pass them up to have a better mega on their team. Who's going to use Mega Banette when they can use Mega Khangaskhan?
Exactly.

I don't hate mega evolutions, and they're fine for certain things (pokemon who already have three stages), but there are tons of things that need permanent evolutions. There doesn't even seem to be a reason for them to give out mega evolutions instead, since the only difference in terms of gameplay mechanics is that the megas are temporary. I'd rather have the mega evos and regular evolutions for the pokemon who need them (and where it makes sense conceptually).

I'd also like to know what the deal is with the mega bangle...if the character is wearing it, does that mean that megas can hold items now? If so, I think gamefreak has lost their minds.

Exactly.

I don't hate mega evolutions, and they're fine for certain things (pokemon who already have three stages), but there are tons of things that need permanent evolutions. There doesn't even seem to be a reason for them to give out mega evolutions instead, since the only difference in terms of gameplay mechanics is that the megas are temporary. I'd rather have the mega evos and regular evolutions for the pokemon who need them (and where it makes sense conceptually).

I'd also like to know what the deal is with the mega bangle...if the character is wearing it, does that mean that megas can hold items now? If so, I think gamefreak has lost their minds.
Megas still need to hold their Mega Stones. The Mega Bangle is just a version of the Mega Ring in XY the PC has, the Mega Glove Korrina has, and the Mega Charm Diantha has; it is an item that acts like a "checkpoint" in the game, so to speak. You can't Mega-Evolve a Pokemon until you get the item, preventing people from trading stones over to a new game and crushing everything with a Mega. I understand that you don't like Mega Evolutions very much when given to Pokemon that could potentially have had real evolutions, but a lot of the things you are saying against Mega Evolutions seem to be based on faulty information. It would help a lot if you researched what you are arguing against before presenting your opinions.

Exactly.

No, it's the trigger for the Mega Evolution. A Pokemon that can Mega Evolve still needs to be holding their species' Mega Stone, for example Lucario still needs its Lucarionite.

I dunno if anyone else noticed, but now there is a coral reef east of Slateport.

I also couldn't help but notice the discussion about Sceptile's missing tail....Sceptile is not a gecko; he is a member of family agamidae.

Which includes the "dragon" lizards of SE Asia and Australia; this is probably why he got dragon for his secondary type. Agamid lizards do not drop their tails in response to stress or predators like geckos do, but it makes sense in terms of "pokemon logic" for one kind of lizard to turn into a bigger kind of lizard when it evolves.

="clapyourhands, post: 5517266, member: 167220"]Megas still need to hold their Mega Stones. The Mega Bangle is just a version of the Mega Ring in XY the PC has, the Mega Glove Korrina has, and the Mega Charm Diantha has; it is an item that acts like a "checkpoint" in the game, so to speak. You can't Mega-Evolve a Pokemon until you get the item, preventing people from trading stones over to a new game and crushing everything with a Mega. I understand that you don't like Mega Evolutions very much when given to Pokemon that could potentially have had real evolutions, but a lot of the things you are saying against Mega Evolutions seem to be based on faulty information. It would help a lot if you researched what you are arguing against before presenting your opinions.
Oh.

Yeah, I kind of have to pass my classes, so X/Y is gonna have to wait.

Thanks for the clarification

Last edited:

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Dude, I don't think you would want to play against Eviolite Prankster Sableye. Or really anything that got a Mega instead of a legit evolution.

I dunno if anyone else noticed, but now there is a coral reef east of Slateport.
That's route 134, which has always been there.

[
I don't quite see it, it just looks like Route 134 to me.

Maybe. The color might have tricked me.

The colors on that map make that area look a lot like a coral reef viewed from altitude. Although it would be really cool if there was an area where one could use dive and it would be inhabited by corsola, staryu, clauncher, and others, like a biodiversity hotspot for water types.

I could definitely see that happening, one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) complaints about Hoenn was about the lack of a variety of Water-types in the large swathes of water in the region. Every diving spot had the same three Pokemon in it (Relicanth, Chinchou, Clamperl--I still remember because of how repetitive it was). Going by previous remakes, if Gamefreak were to change the Pokemon encounters for any region, as they have in previous games, the water regions would be the best place to do it.

Also the biggest paradox in a Pokemon game so far that they have yet to fix is from RSE: Pacifidlog Town is built entirely on a colony of Corsola, but you can't find any Corsola nearby, even though they are present in Hoenn in other areas.

I could definitely see that happening, one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) complaints about Hoenn was about the lack of a variety of Water-types in the large swathes of water in the region. Every diving spot had the same three Pokemon in it (Relicanth, Chinchou, Clamperl--I still remember because of how repetitive it was). Going by previous remakes, if Gamefreak were to change the Pokemon encounters for any region, as they have in previous games, the water regions would be the best place to do it.

Also the biggest paradox in a Pokemon game so far that they have yet to fix is from RSE: Pacifidlog Town is built entirely on a colony of Corsola, but you can't find any Corsola nearby, even though they are present in Hoenn in other areas.
It's funny cause one of corsola's first three dex entries mentions pacifidalog and they still failed. That would also be a great place to find a possible corsolite.

I don't see how boosting Sableye defenses will fix it's weakness to strong special attackers, so I hope they give it a different approach with a different ability.

For everyone who's complaining about single stage or even 2 stage Pokemon getting Mega forms. I recognize that the concept of a Mega Pokemon is that it is a Pokemon that had reach it's evolution limit and but can temporarily break that limit and reach new heights of power for a short time. And that makes it seem like once a Pokemon get's a Mega it's "locked in" to it's current level of evolution. But one thing to keep in mind, 2 years ago No One thought that Veunsaur, Charizard, Tyranitar or anything with in it's 3rd stage was ever going to see a higher form of power. I mean they were at "the limit" which can now be broken. So here we are now. Just becasue Mega Sableye implies Sableye has no alternative evolutions or forms doesn't mean we won't see entirely new methods of evolving and increasing weaker Pokemon's power some years down the road. Mega evolutions set a new "limit" so let's look froward to seeing how Mega Sableye will break that.

I forgot to mention but I'm not sure why you guys are scared of Sableye losing Prankster. It still has it in its base form and can fire off Prankster Will-o-Wisps without holding Leftovers, which can easily allow it to situate itself in the fray comfortably as Mega Sableye.

And it can function similarly to some other Mega Pokémon like Gyarados where it doesn't need to Mega Evolve immediately to be useful, and it could easily be useful in a much different way as Mega Sableye, adding diversity.

And Sableye, while UU, is still very viable in OU (especially on cartridge singles where Kangaskhan isn't banned, but this is Smogon).

Only in gen IV though, and even then Iron Fist would only work with Drain Punch and Power Up punch. Seems like a waste to me when an hypothetical Mega-Cacturne could have other interesting abilities (Tough claws anyone?).

But I seriously doubt Cacturne will get a Mega, it wasn't really a popular mon as far as I can remember and that seems to be one of the main qualifies for getting one.

Only in gen IV though, and even then Iron Fist would only work with Drain Punch and Power Up punch. Seems like a waste to me when an hypothetical Mega-Cacturne could have other interesting abilities (Tough claws anyone?).

But I seriously doubt Cacturne will get a Mega, it wasn't really a popular mon as far as I can remember and that seems to be one of the main qualifies for getting one.
Needle Arm and Sucker Punch don't get an iron fist boost?

I wouldn't rule it out, Cacturne seems to be on par with Manectric, Houndoom, and Abomasnow in terms of popularity.

No, Needle Arm isn't a punch, and Sucker Punch in Japanese is more along the lines of "Surprise Attack", as so also isn't considered a punch.

Nope.

Harley, but nobody liked him.

Edit: And James had Cacnea... Still waiting for Gardenia to give that shit back to him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)