Other Here we go again... AGAIN - The First Task (Complete)

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
A few important announcements regarding some slight changes to the first task due FireMage quitting:
  • First, I am extending the deadline by another day, so it is now at June 21st, 9 PM MT. I will start the third round sooner if I receive every submission before then, but as it stands I only have about half of them. Remember, if you plan to "idle", at least submit something so that you will be entitled to knowing your deviation for Round 2!
  • Also, FireMage has dropped out. As always, this entails a punishment which is currently pending, and will likely be more severe than the punishment I will hand out to the losers of this task.
  • With this in mind, I will now reveal FireMage's target rank which is 3, and that he idled during the first round. To ensure that your deviations for the following two rounds are consistent with the first without unfairly screwing over some of the other players, he will automatically be treated as a "ghost player" whose score will always be 17.5/20 for ranking purposes.
  • Submissions for the third and final round will be mandatory as they actually count, even if your target rank is 18. Failure to comply will also result in automatic elimination, and will also be treated as "ghost players" for ranking purposes, much like FireMage.
  • However, because I am impressed with how well so many of you are playing and would rather not see people get eliminated solely by virtue of things like time of submission, I will guarantee that you will advance if you manage to obtain a deviation of 0 in the final round, though the bonus still goes to the first perfect submission. Finally, with the exit of FireMage I will not eliminate no more than 4 other players, unless more than 4 idle during the final round. I seriously doubt that will happen though!
  • As the weekend is coming up, I will be around all day for the next two days to answer questions.
Good luck!

Bass

Brother in arms
Alright, all Round 2 results are in! You now have until 10 PM MT, June 23rd, to send me your final submission, ~48 hours. Read my most recent post for some special rules that apply to this round only. In particular, idling is forbidden, so please be sure to send me something, even if you plan to score a 0/20!

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
For round 3, i am answering 17/20 correctly. My target rank is 4. Number 1 should be answering 20 correctly. Number 2 should be answering either 19 or 18 correctly. Let's all aim for 0 differential.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My target rank is 11, and I'll be scoring 9.

Also, Bass your challenge has a Nash equilibrium. It's a "who can submit their answers fastest" competition at this point.

Last edited:

Bass

Brother in arms
I have everyone's submissions, though I will still wait until the original slated deadline of 10 MT (which is in about 2 hours, 45 minutes) to officially end the task, as you are allowed to change your answers. That said, don't be too paranoid and make a careless mistake!

Bass

Brother in arms
At last, the time has come to cast judgment. All of you have been given three opportunities to take my quiz, and now comes the moment of truth. First, I shall reveal the quiz solutions:
1. What famous asian fruit is well known for its odor?
Durian
2. What is YT LPer Clementj642's least favorite game?
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006/Xbox 360)
3. How many unique Pokemon are there as of Generation II?
251 or 100 (Accepted both due to ambiguity of the wording)
4. What is the boundary between the troposphere and stratosphere called?
Tropopause
5. Who is the original creator of The Boondocks?
Aaron McGruder
6. What series involves settling all sorts of problems over a Childrens Card Game?
Yu-Gi-Oh!
7. Name the four knights of Gwyn in Dark Souls.
Ornstein the Dragonslayer, Artorias the Abysswalker, Lord's Blade Ciaran, Hawkeye Gough
8. What was the name of the main protagonist in Thank you for smoking?
Nick Naylor
9. What is my alias in Everybody Votes Mafia?
Goblin
10. What question number is this?
11. What Starcraft2 streamer is famous for putting on a bikini show?
Dragon
12. What area in Metroid Prime 2 contains the Spider Guardian?
Sanctuary Fortress
13. What date was the most recent Friday the 13th?
June 13th, 2014
14. In fluid dynamics, what is the curl of the velocity vector called?
Vorticity
15. Figure this out yourself.
finkrat
16. What was official title for bassgame2?
a cereal murder that shoots people with cheerios
17. What is my favorite cereal?
Kashi's Cinnamon Harvest
18. Who is the biggest douche in the universe?
John Edward
19. What is my least favorite anime of all time?
Elfen Lied
20. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
What do you mean? African or European swallow?
-or-
24-25 mph (if you are a tryhard who looked it up on Wolfram)

I should note that I provided the answers to questions 17 and 19 to anyone that asked, much like the other questions based on my personal opinion from previous quizzes. This was to test whether you did your homework and looked at the previous bassgame threads.

Next, I will reveal everyone's target ranks:
1. Acklow
2. PokeguyNXB
3. FireMage
4. Steven Snype
5. zorbees
6. Woodchuck
7. Walrein
8. LightWolf
9. Da Letter El
10. kingofmars
11. askaninjask
12. Ditto
13. Pidge
14. billymills
15. Ace Emerald
16. Celever
17. Eagle4
18. jumpluff

And with that, I shall reveal everyone's final score and deviation!
Acklow: 20/20, 0
PokeguyNXB: 19/20, 0
Steven Snype: 17/20, 0
zorbees: 16/20, 0
Woodchuck: 15/20, 0
Walrein: 14/20, 0
LightWolf: 12/20, -0.5
Da Letter El, 12/20, +0.5
kingofmars, 11/20, 0
askaninjask, 9/20, -0.5
Ditto, 9/20, +0.5
Pidge, 5/20, 0
billymills, 4/20, 0
Ace Emerald, 3/20, -0.5
Eagle4, 3/20, +1.5
Celever, 2/20, -1
jumpluff, 0/20, 0

Three players managed to achieve their target ranks and make the early submission cutoff time of 10 PM MT, June 21st. Congratulations Acklow, Pidge, and Steven Snype! They will be awarded an advantage during the next task. The following players also achieved their target ranks and will advance without a hitch as promised: zorbees, PokeguyNXB, Woodchuck, Walrein, kingofmars, billymills, and jumpluff. Well done!

Now that we have gotten the good news out of the way, it is time to discuss the less than stellar performances. Firstly, FireMage idled during the first round and then proceeded to quit the competition (and apparently smogon). While I wish to respect one's personal reasons for these types of actions, nobody is above the law when it comes to getting punished on my watch! For being a quitter, FireMage's punishment shall be:
For the duration of this competition, you must don the image below as your avatar:

That leaves up to four people to potentially eliminate. We shall first consider the player who had the highest deviation, and rightfully so: Eagle4 will be punished and eliminated for his staggering deviation of +1.5. The goal of this task was to get everyone to communicate with each other and collaborate to some degree to determine their target ranks, and unfortunately this was not something he did very well.

Next, we shall consider Celever and Ace Emerald, two users who would have undoubtedly achieved their target ranks if Eagle4 had played properly. For this reason, they will not be punished, and will advance to the next task. With this in mind, I have decided Eagle4's punishment:
In at least 200 words, write an apology directed to Ace Emerald and Celever for potentially screwing them over, and to me for playing halfheartedly. Submit it to be by PM in 1 week, or a harsher fate awaits you.

Let's talk about askaninjask and Ditto. Clearly, askaninjask claimed his rank and score as he should have. However, Ditto chose to score a 9/20 anyway despite having this information being clearly posted in the thread before he submitted his answers (among the other claims which improved the likelihood of its validity). For apparently not paying attention, he shall receive the following punishment:
In at least 200 words, write an apology to askaninjask for potentially screwing him over. Submit it to me by PM in 1 week, or a harsher fate awaits you.

Finally, we will examine the funny little spat between LightWolf and Da Letter El. Both of them publicly claimed that they would score 12/20. Since both of them managed to get their submissions in before 10 PM MT, they were both eligible for the bonus for submitting early. As a result of their greed and stubbornness, however, both players refused to change their score and ended up getting nonzero deviations that they could have easily avoided. As a result, their punishments will be:
In at least 200 words, write an apology to DLE (if you are LW) or LW (if you are DLE) for potentially screwing him over. Submit it to me by PM in 1 week, or a harsher fate awaits you.

As a note: All apologies WILL be posted in public once I receive them all.

Keep in mind that while I am giving these players punishments, I am only eliminating FireMage and Eagle4 in the end. Aside from what was mentioned here, Celever, Ace Emerald, askaninjask, Ditto, LightWolf, and Da Letter El played fairly well otherwise, and it would be a pity to eliminate them all right now. Therefore they will all be given another chance and advance to the next task. AND GET PUNISHED AGAIN!

It should be clear to you all by now that as a host, I reserve the right to be a lying, subjective bastard. This is not merely a mafia game. I expect each of you to put forward your best possible effort, not just blindly follow the rules, and I may change the rules or elimination criteria of any ongoing task as I see fit. This should not be a surprise for those of you who played in the previous two bassgames.

With all of that out of the way, I would like to congratulate all of the players who have managed to advance to the next task once more!

1. Steven Snype
2. zorbees
3. kingofmars
4. Celever
5. Walrein
6. Acklow
7. Pidge
8. askaninjask
9. jumpluff
10. billymills
11. Ditto
12. LightWolf
13. Ace Emerald
14. PokeguyNXB
15. Woodchuck
16. Da Letter El

The next task will be posted sometime tomorrow evening. Look forward to it!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)