steam summer sale

Terraria is definitely worth your money, especially with the final update coming out soon.
It's 80% at 1.99 right now. Personally, I think even it's full price is worth it for the amount of fun you'll have with that game.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I say this everywhere because IF YOU'RE THINKING OF GETTING THE STANLEY PARABLE, YOU CAN PLAY THE UNREMASTERED VERSION COMPLETELY AND LEGALLY FOR FREE http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-stanley-parable

Have you played/checked out Left 4 Dead and Bastion?
Of course I own l4d, who doesn't? But I'll check out Bastion.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can adapt to another PvP (idk why I play tf2 these days), and my roommates are big fans of terraria and I despise that thing. Never liked the whole "randomly generated world exploration" type games.

just voted for transistor in the community choice poll, you can possibly pick it up for 25% at $15 in 6 hours if you so choose(do it)

RODAN

Banned deucer.
my haul so far is; sleeping dongs, dark souls, mass effect 1/2, fallout new vegas, battleblock theatre and stanley parable

sleeping dogs is absurdly fun shame on any nigga who missed that sale

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I picked up Crusader Kings 2 yesterday, man, this game is nuts.

If you like strategy, you should take a look at it, I haven't played any other like it, ever.

Also, props to whoever mentioned Amalur, that is one hell of a stunning game.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I still don't know what I want to get? If anybody can suggest a game with a good explanation ill think about it.

Also, call me six but Star Wars Battlefront is a lot of fun until your friend gets jacked by Steam support.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's so obviously rigged at this point; every time must be predetermined to win twice. My guess is that anybody on the "winning" team will get badges at a higher rate than everyone else so as to siphon points and get free ones much more. Who cares; it's about the (incredibly low) chance for free stuff at the end anyway, right? I for one only put three super expensive games on my wishlist...

I still don't know what I want to get? If anybody can suggest a game with a good explanation ill think about it.

Also, call me six but Star Wars Battlefront is a lot of fun until your friend gets jacked by Steam support.
Some of the explanations in this thread have been very helpful in my opinion, supplemented by a little personal research. You have to explain what you like, give examples of the things you enjoy / are looking to buy / price range if this is a thing for you, and maybe do a bit of research yourself? (Look up YouTube videos of gameplay, reviews, people's comments, whatever) At least have a look at everything that goes on daily and flash sale (and up for community choice voting) and see if it interests you. It's not like we get paid commission for getting you to buy games; people recommending games are recommending them because they genuinely enjoyed them and want others to share in that.

Also: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3244944

can some1 recommend me a good action rpg with no spiders in it

i feel kinda alienated re: rpgs cus like every one of them (the witcher, skyrim) has spiders and i might have a panic attack if i see one. i already have fallout, btw

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor

i feel kinda alienated re: rpgs cus like every one of them (the witcher, skyrim) has spiders and i might have a panic attack if i see one. i already have fallout, btw
I can't make a recommendation, but you could search for mods that remove or replace spiders.

There are a couple of anti-insect Skyrim mods, including one called 'No Spiders'. I can't vouch for it personally as I don't use it, but I had a look on YouTube and it does seem to effectively replace the Frostbite Spiders with little bears.

You've raised a really good point. I'm struggling to think of PC (action) RPGs that DON'T use spiders. It's definitely a fallback enemy and they all tend to be of the same variety too. =/

eta: Deus Ex series? But uh. It has robotic spiders.

Last edited:
Goddamn I need to run down to Gamestop and buy myself some Steam Wallet cards. I keep forgetting they have them in Canada now.

Also I can't believe nobody has linked this site yet

Just Cause 2 is on sale for the next 7 and a half hours for $2.99. Absolutely pick this up since it is a whole heap of ridiculous fun (also very moddable) and comes with the multiplayer mod which is absolutely terrific.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

Pretty sure Mass Effect doesn't have spiders.... but it does have other creepy ass insects/bugs/critters so yeah :|

I haven't bought anything apart from Mashed yet (which is really old and was £0.69). I've been on steam so long that 85%+ of the sales have happened before and everything I want I have lol

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Well fuck me. Remember when I said Kingdoms of Amalur was the 2nd most underrated game of its generation? I've been meaning to make a thread about the 1st most, and it's only $15 right now on a flash sale.

Well I better get that thread up. But still, BUY REMEMBER ME. FUCKING DO IT. DO IT.

Stupid Bioshock Infinite season pass hasn't yet become cheap enough to justify me buying it given from what I've heard there's about 6 hours of play time in there.

So far my haul is FTL: Faster than Light and Dark Souls. FTL is amazing for what it is.. not playing Dark Souls until I get a gamepad (something I want to get anyway) because by all accounts it's arse with mouse+kb controls.

Well fuck me. Remember when I said Kingdoms of Amalur was the 2nd most underrated game of its generation? I've been meaning to make a thread about the 1st most, and it's only $15 right now on a flash sale.

Well I better get that thread up. But still, BUY REMEMBER ME. FUCKING DO IT. DO IT.
please make the thread. I won't buy it this sale because $15 is just too much for me right now after buying textbooks and holding out for different games, but I am super interested in this game but a little put off by all the flak it got, so I would like to hear what people liked about it.

(A lot of stuff is going on my winter sale wishlist)

By the way, if Beat Hazard wins the community choice, I thoroughly recommend it to people who like Audiosurf or strobe lights or shooting at things. While Audiosurf is more immersive in the track itself, and really good for relaxing especially, Beat Hazard is a very intense, lively experience that I find a refreshing alternative to Audiosurf (as someone who has a pretty big music library and loves track-based gameplay). Make sure you pick up the Ultra DLC (and this is a ripoff, but also the m4a/iTunes support if necessary ~_~), it's like a completely different game.

Insanely, I have over 200 hours on Audiosurf, but these days I find BH:U more enjoyable. Right now it's $5.09 for the mega bundle, which includes everything I said plus the new Shadow DLC that I didn't buy because it doesn't sound worth it but hey you'll be getting it cheaper this way anyway, you'll be paying $2 for the base game or $3.20 for the mega bundle at an 80% discount, and I consider it well worth this price if you have a good music library. My main criticisms would be lack of Unicode support (not an issue for me as, although my foreign music is tagged in native language for the most part, it's also well-categorised, but if you have all your jpop in one folder this is not gonna be fun for you) and some people would not enjoy having to unlock perks (through gameplay).

(Note that you can tone down the intense seizure-iffic visualisations, although the sparkliness of everything is really fun and part of the experience. Because of my epilepsy, although it is well medicated, I keep it lowered so that it's colourful but not dizzying and don't play for long stretches of time, but I'm sure if you max them out it's absolutely insane.)

On top of survival mode (which is just 'lots of tracks and shoot shit as long as you can live/tolerate'), it also has multiplayer options, but I consider music games a more introverted experience, so yeah.

edit: So far for me... Papers Please, Hate Plus, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Gone Home, SpaceChem, and Velvet Assassin because it was $0.50 and while I heard it was mediocre I still want to play it. I've been playing the shit out of Papers Please and Hate Plus (visual novel), sitting on the others for when I have the opportunity to play them. All I'm holding out for now is Civ V so I can get the complete edition and hopefully Antichamber (please? just a little more? I don't want to pay $6 if I don't have to, even though it's quite a large discount already. 80% would knock it down to $4 >.> but I might buy it at $6 if forced). I'd also like to pick up Long Live the Queen if it gets further discounted. Noped out on Child of Light, Kentucky Route Zero, Remember Me, and Dragon Age: Origins for the winter sale.

Last edited:
if i was looking to get a controller to hook up to my laptop for games like dark souls and watch dogs, where's the best place to get one? (online, preferably)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unless you plan on using its d-pad for 2D games the 360 Wired controller is rather good if you can find it still, most games support it. I do believe there is some wireless adapter too if you have one already.

Stupid Bioshock Infinite season pass hasn't yet become cheap enough to justify me buying it given from what I've heard there's about 6 hours of play time in there.

So far my haul is FTL: Faster than Light and Dark Souls. FTL is amazing for what it is.. not playing Dark Souls until I get a gamepad (something I want to get anyway) because by all accounts it's arse with mouse+kb controls.
Agreed, need that price to drop more on Bioshock Infinite Season Pass, come on they can do it...

if i was looking to get a controller to hook up to my laptop for games like dark souls and watch dogs, where's the best place to get one? (online, preferably)
I'm a Logitech person myself, but a lot of people just use Xbox controllers since they are decent for shooters. You can buy them pretty much...uh...anywhere?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)