Got about 5000 the first time, which was about two weeks ago. This time, only got 1128.

EDIT: Just got exactly 7800 with the Tetris method.

Last edited:

Broke into the 80000s which is nice, but had all the ingredients for 8192 without actually managing to get the tile :(

I swear the game gets progressively harder as you advance with each tile to the point where it tries to make you lose by placing the 2 or 4 tile in the wrong spot or forcing you to go upwards. Or maybe it's just all coincidence that a tile appears in the one spot where you don't want it to go.

Anyway corner method is the best way to go, make sure your largest tile is in the corner and at all costs keep it there. I like to keep the other tiles advancing in size from either right to left or left to right, like so:

XX
256-512-1024-2048

where the "XX" point is the point you should focus on in making larger tiles to connect to the 256

if there is a scenario such as this:

x-x-x-x
x-x-x-x
2-2-4-2
x-512-1024-2048

then always press down. While it may seem like going right and so creating the 4 tile is a good idea, that still leaves the bottom left tile open. This means that if a tile spawns anywhere on the most right column, you are forced to go left (never go up unless forced, and then go immediately down), and so there's a possibility that a tile spawns to the right of the 2048 and so you lose your tile. This makes it harder to get a large tile as you are left with less space. Usually this doesn't matter too much (if you follow these tips) as long as the tile you need to reach in order to get to 2048 or 4096 the (tile to the left of your largest tile) is 1024 or less.

Got addicted to this game a couple months ago and started playing it at times on accident (like I wouldn't realize my fingers were moving in a game of 2048). I have a ton of screenshots on my phone but I started beating it about 7 or 8 times a day, getting to 4096 at least twice a day, when I realized I had a problem...my friends made me delete it but when I'm bored I'll re-download the app and play a couple games before deleting it again. I can confirm that the corner method is easily the best (though I pile them up in the top right unlike the above poster :o). Reached 8192 a few times but I was never able to break 16384.

Tip-wise, I don't have very much advice other than getting accustomed to the game. However, let's say you have a top row of:

64 - 128 - 256 - 512

I always try and build up another 256 in the second row instead of another 64 so that I can keep the 128 and 64 for after I get the 1024 tile. Sometimes if I'm feeling like taking a risk, I'll go for a 512 in the next row to save up my 64, 128, and 256 (I've managed to do this with a 1024 tile too a few times, but never more than that).

it was literally the 2 lines above eagle's post
64 - 128 - 256 - 512

I always try and build up another 256 in the second row instead of another 64 so that I can keep the 128 and 64 for after I get the 1024 tile. Sometimes if I'm feeling like taking a risk, I'll go for a 512 in the next row to save up my 64, 128, and 256 (I've managed to do this with a 1024 tile too a few times, but never more than that).

Aaaaaaah

After you get 8192, 4096 and 2048 it becomes insanely difficult where one slight mistake WILL lose you the game

You also have to rely more on luck during that stage

I have yet to win. >:( It looks like the preferred strategy is not to press up? I'll have to give it a go.
There were lots of tips posted in this thread and they're very reliable insofar as anything about this game is reliable. Basically, keep your highest tile in a corner and arrange everything around it so that you can quickly combine them (there are screenshots of this formation in the thread), and don't move it around (this means not pressing up, or down if you're keeping it in one of the upper corners). Just keep practising while trying to maintain that formation (and being aware of what breaks it, e.g. moving things to the side when your bottom/top, preference-dependent, row isn't filled out) and you'll get there.

I cannot for the life of me hit 8192 and it's extremely frustrating

I've gotten to 4096 + 2048 twice but every single time I get dicked by something or other

Goddamnit, you know me too well... as a songwriter, I even knew all the prerequisite chord theory. Managed to get one full circle (>100%).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)