Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Nature would you recommend on Lucario and Greninja? +Speed or +Attack/SpAtt? I am just asking because I want to know which nature I should get on my Guardevoire while chaining Dittos for that nature (4+ perfect IVs) :D

I am just thinking about the fastets way to grind BP. (and activating Mega-Item is time consuming but something I take in count if it helps me grind quicker that way.
Greninja really wants a +Speed nature other than Jolly, as Protean lets it get STAB on any move it uses. Diantha trades you a Modest Ralts with perfect Sp. Atk and Speed, and it comes with an extra Gardevoirite she...happened to have kicking around. While the only way for now to abuse Pixilate for Mega Gardevoir is through transfer, (for Hyper Voice) there's still plenty of special attacks it can learn and make the most out of its bolstered Sp. Atk. If you're going to transfer a Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir from B2/W2, go Timid. It's never going to be using that Attack stat ever.

Is Vivillon's pattern based on the game where it was caught, or evolved?

Example: If i catch a Scatterbug in a game with Elegant Pattern, then trade it to a game that gets Sun Pattern, which will the resulting Vivillon have?

I'm using the Pokebank Celebi as one of my capture monsters. Recover, Hold Back plus two other moves with ev investment in Atk, HP & speed will be ok won't it? Especially as I'm thinking for Friend Safari at first

I'm using the Pokebank Celebi as one of my capture monsters. Recover, Hold Back plus two other moves with ev investment in Atk, HP & speed will be ok won't it? Especially as I'm thinking for Friend Safari at first
This was just asked on the previous page.
What are good capture Pokemon? I mean for moves etc. I've heard Combee, Smeargle and maybe Gallade?
Combee is pretty much only useful for sweet scent (horde battles). Pretty much anything that gets false swipe and a status move. Gallade can use both FS and thunder wave, Smeargle can use Spore, FS and Foresight (to hit ghosts) and a boosting move so false swipe doesn't take 10 hits on something bulky (Smeargle is also super weak). You can also load him up with moves like Teleport, Explosion etc. and Imprison so what you're trying to catch doesn't escape or kill itself. So yeah obviously due to all the moves it can use, Smeargle is the most diverse but you can use just about anything..

EDIT: Apart from actually fighting wild 'mons there are all sorts of things you can use in the field. A male Cute Charm user (such as Sylveon) can be used in the lead spot to increase the chance of encountering females. Something with Compoundeyes can be used to increase the chance of something holding an item. And of course there's Synchronize which has a good chance of making a wild poke have the same nature as the user. So yeah there's a whole lot you can use
In addition, if you're looking for Hidden Ability Pokémon - especially in hordes - I would highly recommend a Pokémon with Skill Swap. I personally prefer Reuniclus, as it's massive bulk and Magic Guard ensure it'll be lasting longer. It also gets Thunder Wave which helps out greatly.
I use Doublade with False Swipe because of the immunities it gives. It's also got a lot of raw power to help get things down to low health. I don't tend to status things very often in XY... It's probably worth breeding a Spore Breloom as that has power and reasonable bulk so you can Swords Dance/False Swipe/Spore most opponents.

For hordes, Pokemon like Venusaur can use both Petal Blizzard and Sweet Scent in order to draw out hordes, but as the above says, you may want to use Skill Swap against the Pokemon to work out which has it's HA (If that is what you are going for).
[quote="DHR-107, post: 5580265, member: [/quote]

Technician + False Swipe gives really decent power from Brelooms really good Attack Stat. [/quote]

Last edited:
W-was all that quoting really necessary
I could only use my ipod and let's just say that safari crashes at the drop of a hat, and lags like hell.
If I was on my computer I would have been able to edit the quotes without worrying about the post getting deleted because safari crashed.. AGAIN.
Also was listing pokemon that would be better for capturing pokemon, such as breloom which has access to spore.

Worst 6 Pokemon?

I'm looking for a bit of a challenge here, and wanted to use the 6 worst (fully evolved) pokemon on a the same team in my next play-thru. Only problem, I can't decide which ones are really the worst. Ditto and Unown are clearly top contenders, but here are the ones I thought might be the worst:

Ditto, Ledian, Unown, Delibird, Mawile, Sableye, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Spinda, Castform, Luvdisc, Pachirisu.

Any gen is open for consideration, I'm basically looking for the 6 pokemon that would be hardest to handle a full run-thru, also which version would be the hardest with said team. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Mawile itself sucks, but Mega Mawile is god tier, so I would get rid of it personally.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^That question was asked in January. January LAST YEAR. Did you really not see the date before you decided to reply to it? Even if you had had a good and relevant answer to it (January 2013 was WAY before we even knew Mega Mawile existed), it would still be a breach of all forum etiquette to bump a question that badly.

^That question was asked in January. January LAST YEAR. Did you really not see the date before you decided to reply to it? Even if you had had a good and relevant answer to it (January 2013 was WAY before we even knew Mega Mawile existed), it would still be a breach of all forum etiquette to bump a question that badly.
Sorry :(
I wasn't trying to be mean or anything, and I legitimately didn't notice that date on there.
So I'm sorry. ?_?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Ah, I'm sorry too. Reading my post again, it comes across as a little more harsh than I intended. I also should have checked if the post you quoted was on the first page (it was), since then I'd have understood why you replied to it. It's easy to click a link and think you're seeing the most recent messages, when in reality you're shown the oldest instead.

Last edited:
I seriously don't know where to ask this; so I'll ask it here.
I'm trying to get a specific TID/SID in Pokémon Platinum. Do I need a DS Lite for this? Or will it produce different results on a DSi XL?

I seriously don't know where to ask this; so I'll ask it here.
I'm trying to get a specific TID/SID in Pokémon Platinum. Do I need a DS Lite for this? Or will it produce different results on a DSi XL?
I think a DS/DS Lite/DSi will all work the same for what you want, but not a 3DS. However, this isn't really the forum to be asking this. You'd have better luck in the wi-fi forum.

I'm probably wishing a bit too much for this, but does synchronize work on Pokemon you receive from the mystery gift girls? I want a good fancy pattern Vivillon, and I was hoping for some strange reason that synchronize would work... Probably doesn't, but I just wanna check.

I'm probably wishing a bit too much for this, but does synchronize work on Pokemon you receive from the mystery gift girls? I want a good fancy pattern Vivillon, and I was hoping for some strange reason that synchronize would work... Probably doesn't, but I just wanna check.
Synchronize has never worked on events received through the Delivery Man/Woman. So your answer is no, unfortunately.

What would be an ideal EV spread for a Pawniard used to catch pokemon? It would know False Swipe, Thunder Wave, and probably Iron Head and Night Slash. I want it to be able to catch other pokemon quickly, and take as little damage as possible, so I was thinking 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD, or 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD.

EVs are pretty irrelevant for just catching things, as the sheer level difference after a while will give you the bulk/damage you need or want
But what if I do not have much of a level difference? I doubt I'll have a huge level advantage over Zygarde, when I get around to catching it. Maybe the same with victory road pokemon. In that case, wouldn't EVs matter?

But what if I do not have much of a level difference? I doubt I'll have a huge level advantage over Zygarde, when I get around to catching it. Maybe the same with victory road pokemon. In that case, wouldn't EVs matter?
If you want a catcher for Zygarde, Bisharp with thunder Wave seems like a poor decision. Breloom gets Spore and False Swipe, so that would be more ideal. But if you do grind for 90-100 or so, the levels and miscellaneous EVs should eclipse whatever it throws out at 0 EVs and it being 20 levels lower. Besides, you have access to tons of healing items by now, so keeping it alive shouldn't be a monstrous deal even if it is taking a while

If you want a catcher for Zygarde, Bisharp with thunder Wave seems like a poor decision. Breloom gets Spore and False Swipe, so that would be more ideal. But if you do grind for 90-100 or so, the levels and miscellaneous EVs should eclipse whatever it throws out at 0 EVs and it being 20 levels lower. Besides, you have access to tons of healing items by now, so keeping it alive shouldn't be a monstrous deal even if it is taking a while
... but Thunder Wave doesn't work on Ground Types...? Unless your name's Delcatty.

That seems really inefficient, and if you're gonna do that, might as well not try to paralyze it and just go for sleep instead. That way you're not wasting items/have something more general purpose (most T-Wave immunities are capable of being Spored, outside of Torterra and Sap Sipper Zebstrika, of which one is uncatchable and the other is not terribly hard to catch unstatused)

... but Thunder Wave doesn't work on Ground Types...? Unless your name's Delcatty.
It could also work if I soak it first. Or if I trick it a ring target. Or if I skill swap it color change/protean/etc.
At Lv 70, Zygarde knows Camouflage and will likely turn itself into a pure Rock type at some point in the battle. Still, sleep offers better catching odds than paralysis does.

Also, Togekiss pretty much just laughs at anything Zygarde tries. Resists Crunch and is immune to both Earthquake and Dragon Pulse. Add in possible para-flinch shenanigans once it camouflages into a Rock type, and Togekiss could slowly whittle away at the Order Pokemon's health with near impunity. Just something that could be considered as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)