Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breloom also gets Stun Spore for paralyzing stuff just saying :).
Bisharp has a better type, an ability that has a chance at raising its attack 2 stages (which, assuming I know Zygarde's moveset and programming) that may activate (5% chance each turn, I think), better stats in every stat, except Attack (and Breloom only has 5 more points in attack), immunity to Sandstorm and Poison, along with Poison and Psychic moves. I also have made considerable progress on getting a +Atk nature, high level Bisharp. I also have Defiant Bisharp, but no Technician Breloom (I don't think I even have one in any game). I also think that Bisharp is cooler.

Also, Thunder Wave is easier to teach (TM vs Move Relearner) and more accurate (100% vs 75%).

Ah, I'm sorry too. Reading my post again, it comes across as a little more harsh than I intended. I also should have checked if the post you quoted was on the first page (it was), since then I'd have understood why you replied to it. It's easy to click a link and think you're seeing the most recent messages, when in reality you're shown the oldest instead.
Ok, no problem.

Bisharp has a better type, an ability that has a chance at raising its attack 2 stages (which, assuming I know Zygarde's moveset and programming) that may activate (5% chance each turn, I think), better stats in every stat, except Attack (and Breloom only has 5 more points in attack), immunity to Sandstorm and Poison, along with Poison and Psychic moves. I also have made considerable progress on getting a +Atk nature, high level Bisharp. I also have Defiant Bisharp, but no Technician Breloom (I don't think I even have one in any game). I also think that Bisharp is cooler.

Also, Thunder Wave is easier to teach (TM vs Move Relearner) and more accurate (100% vs 75%).
As opposed to Pierce, the Adamant Defiant Bisharp the game hands to you on a silver platter for the cost of an easily obtainable Jigglypuff that has perfect IV's in Attack and comes two levels lower than what Pawniard normally evolves at? It's pretty much perfect for catching Zygarde if all you want it to do is T-Wave then False Swipe...though it's still not going to enjoy eating an Earthquake.

I have recently bought an Emerald copy because a friend of mine and me decided to go through the game with random teams just for fun. However the eternal battery in my bought game died which means time based events can no longer occur. My question is, does the lack of eternal battery make me miss certain important events in game I can't get anymore?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For the sake of answering Mulan15262's question; go with the bulky spread of 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef. You can always chuck on Swords Dance if you want to get your target to 1HP faster, but eventually your Bisharp will be so over-levelled that it will be doing enough damage anyway. But the other posters are correct, Bisharp will not be handy against Zygarde as even at level 100 a Bisharp with that EV spread is still 3hko'd by Earthquake (unless you give him leftovers or something). He will probably be a good capture pokemon the rest of the time though so stick with him if you want. It sounds like you're still working through your game so you probably don't have a lot at your disposal, both cover legendaries can sit in front of him while you throw balls so raise their levels and use them I think. Remember you can use the Capture O-power and Dusk Balls (good fit imo) to have a good chance at capturing without having to paralyze him and have him on 1HP

I have recently bought an Emerald copy because a friend of mine and me decided to go through the game with random teams just for fun. However the eternal battery in my bought game died which means time based events can no longer occur. My question is, does the lack of eternal battery make me miss certain important events in game I can't get anymore?
The tide in Shoal Cave won't change, which only means you won't get the Shell Bell and you might not get Snorunt, which is horrible before gen 4 anyway.
You also can't do time-based evolutions, but since that's only Eevee, you shouldn't worry about it.
Oh and berries don't grow. Oh well.

Some more questions:
I had a pokemon in the Dream World when it was shut down. Is there any way I could get it back?

Also, I have one copy of Pokemon Y, and 1 3DS, no other XY-compatible consoles or 6th generation games. I want to restart my copy of Y so I can play it again. Is there any way I can get that done without losing my Blazikenite?

Some more questions:
Also, I have one copy of Pokemon Y, and 1 3DS, no other XY-compatible consoles or 6th generation games. I want to restart my copy of Y so I can play it again. Is there any way I can get that done without losing my Blazikenite?
You could go to the trading boards and see if somebody trustworthy will hold it for you, then trade it back.

As for my question, when you fight Professor Sycamore in Couriway town, he says he hid an item in the town for you to find. What is he talking about? The TM for U-turn? The Gyaradosite? The rare candy by the train station? The prism scale by the falls? The quiz house prize based on your starter?

As for my question, when you fight Professor Sycamore in Couriway town, he says he hid an item in the town for you to find. What is he talking about? The TM for U-turn? The Gyaradosite? The rare candy by the train station? The prism scale by the falls? The quiz house prize based on your starter?
It's not so much an item, as a message. And the message is not really written for you, per se. You can find it if you press A on a certain area at the train station there

You're better off using the power item on the 0 Speed Magnemite, unless the 6 IV one is already Modest. Once you get a 0 Speed Magnemite with the nature you want, give it the Everstone.

Also note that you don't need 31 IVs in Attack, since you won't be using it at all (unless you plan on giving it a physical move like Explosion). 0 Attack IVs might even be better just for less damage done to yourself when confused. That's niche enough not to worry about, though. 31/X/31/31/31/0 with the correct nature is "flawless".

Regardless, you probably want to hope for a Quiet nature instead of Modest. That will lower your Speed even further while still increasing your Special Attack. You'll definitely want Quiet if you plan on using Explosion at any point.
Sorry to revive a dead discussion, but since I am playing in my spare time again I need to go into this further. Since I am probably only going to get a 0 atk iv via the major trading thread here, I have to ask, what is the best way to breed an ultimately perfect in every way anylitic magnimite with 0 atk and 0 speed ivs? (We're also assuming that the ditto with 0 atk ivs has the two perfect ivs in some stat that my 0 speed iv already has, like spD or HP)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry to revive a dead discussion, but since I am playing in my spare time again I need to go into this further. Since I am probably only going to get a 0 atk iv via the major trading thread here, I have to ask, what is the best way to breed an ultimately perfect in every way anylitic magnimite with 0 atk and 0 speed ivs? (We're also assuming that the ditto with 0 atk ivs has the two perfect ivs in some stat that my 0 speed iv already has, like spD or HP)
I think aiming for 0 speed is higher priority than 0 attack. Even if you had both a Ditto and Magnemite with a perfect 31/0/31/31/31/0, because you inherit 5 IVs with the Destiny Knot, one of them will be a wild card. So I would just hope you inherit everything except attack and attack generates a low enough number to work. So it would probably just be easier to go to the wifi forum and see if anyone can spare a trick room ditto (31/31/31/31/31/0) and work from there

Escavelier has Megahorn and Knock Off as Egg moves, and Heracross can learn both (Megahorn leveling, Knock Off is B2W2 tutor). However, Heracross is only listed for Megahorn on Escavelier's egg moves. Can Heracross really not pass Knock Off down?

Escavelier has Megahorn and Knock Off as Egg moves, and Heracross can learn both (Megahorn leveling, Knock Off is B2W2 tutor). However, Heracross is only listed for Megahorn on Escavelier's egg moves. Can Heracross really not pass Knock Off down?
It can, as long as it learned the move from a previous game Move Tutor like you said.

Something else that's been on my mind.

Gen 6 introduced the change to Pokeballs in breeding (truthfully, I don't understand the big clamor for them in the wi-fi section).

Do both parents have to be non-Ditto to pass the Pokeball down?

Something else that's been on my mind.

Gen 6 introduced the change to Pokeballs in breeding (truthfully, I don't understand the big clamor for them in the wi-fi section).

Do both parents have to be non-Ditto to pass the Pokeball down?
No, as long as the female is in the ball you want to pass down, it'll pass down regardless of the species of the other parent.

Edit: They complement the looks of a Pokemon and are rarer than plain normal Pokeball Pokemon. You might as well ask why people like shiny Pokemon, although that might be one of your questions too :p

No, as long as the female is in the ball you want to pass down, it'll pass down regardless of the species of the other parent.
When you say female, do you mean the Pokemon of the species (i.e. non-Ditto parent), or a literal female? Like, say I have a Sport Ball Male Pinsir and I breed it with a Dive Ball Ditto. Will the resulting offspring be in a Sport Ball, Dive Ball, or Poke Ball?
Minor follow-up question: Can offspring pass their Pokeball down again? Like, continue to breed Sport Ball Pinsirs from that first one?

If rare Pokeballs are really a thing I might start catching stuff from HG to bring up for breeding (still need to learn Gen 4/5 RNG)

Edit: Ah, that makes sense. Glad that my cracked DS fat still works for Poketransfer then. May end up needing it for this.

When you say female, do you mean the Pokemon of the species (i.e. non-Ditto parent), or a literal female?

Like, say I have a Sport Ball Male Pinsir and I breed it with a Dive Ball Ditto. Will the resulting offspring be in a Sport Ball, Dive Ball, or Poke Ball?

Minor follow-up question: Can offspring pass their Pokeball down again? Like, continue to breed Sport Ball Pinsirs from that first one?

If rare Pokeballs are really a thing I might start catching stuff from HG to bring up for breeding (still need to learn Gen 4/5 RNG)
I mean literal females, that male Pinsir can't pass down that Sport Ball. The offspring Pinsir will be in a Pokeball. As long as it's a female of the species and is in the ball, then it can pass down the ball to its offspring so if you bred a female Pinsir in a Sport Ball and got more female Pinsirs in Sport Balls, those female Pinsirs can pass the Sport Ball to their offspring. That means male-only and genderless Pokemon can't pass down their balls.

You should, they're in high demand. Pokemon in normal Pokeballs are worth less than those in nice balls, and males in nice balls are worth less than females in nice balls.

In addition, it doesn't matter what the Pokémon in the special ball is bred with - Female Sports Ball Pinsir w/ Male Pinsir = Sports Ball Pinsir, Female Sports Ball Pinsir w/ Ditto = Sports Ball Pinsir.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can you trade a national dex pokemon to a platinum/black before they have the national dex?

Eg, Starting a new platinum game then trading over bellsprout

The answers maybe different for either game, but due to having red i never got bellsprout ;;. Thanks

Can you trade a national dex pokemon to a platinum/black before they have the national dex?

Eg, Starting a new platinum game then trading over bellsprout

The answers maybe different for either game, but due to having red i never got bellsprout ;;. Thanks
You can trade national Pokedex Pokemon to Platinum or Black so that is alright. The only game where this isn't the case is in Fire Red and Leaf Green.

I don't think it's possible for either game to trade over a Pokemon that isn't in its regional Dex until the national Dex is obtained. You certainly can't transfer up until then as the Pal Park/PokeTransfer facility isn't available until then. Part of X/Y's gimmick is that in part because of Wonder Trade it is possible to receive Pokemon that either wouldn't be available until much later at a point you haven't reached yet, or not at all such as the Speed Boost Torchic event that ran around the time of the games' launch. I would suspect this will hold true for ORAS as well should they retain Wonder Trade.

...Or maybe it is. Durant probably knows better than I do about this.

I don't think it's possible for either game to trade over a Pokemon that isn't in its regional Dex until the national Dex is obtained. You certainly can't transfer up until then as the Pal Park/PokeTransfer facility isn't available until then. Part of X/Y's gimmick is that in part because of Wonder Trade it is possible to receive Pokemon that either wouldn't be available until much later at a point you haven't reached yet, or not at all such as the Speed Boost Torchic event that ran around the time of the games' launch. I would suspect this will hold true for ORAS as well should they retain Wonder Trade.

...Or maybe it is. Durant probably knows better than I do about this.
Nope, I can attest that Durant's completely right. You can trade any Pokémon to any game except in the cases of trading non-kanto Pokémon to RBGY or a non-national dex FRLG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)