Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be really disappointed in ORAs if there are TOO many legends, because that would suck. *Oh cool, another pokemon game with 27 LeGeNdArIeS*
Im alslo afraid that GF will make the game too easy and the three regis wont be in that braille enigma with wailord and all...
Really, I beat X and Y without dying once

What do you guys think about how Braille is going to be implemented in this game? Finding out that you had to have Wailord and Relicanth to unlock the Regi Trio and that you had to make complicated movements to even unlock their chambers makes me wonder how this message will be distributed to the player in-game ....... Then again there is the Internet, but why make it so inconvenient? Is it because it wouldn't make much sense flavour-wise to have them obtainable in a different way? Were they not Roaming Pokémon because they would be slow as hell in reality? Who knows.

Hopefully these Pokémon won't be restricted by locations only obtainable through Event items like the Eon Ticket, although it would make them a little more valuable....
I would be really surprised if they messed with the Regi set up that much. They will definitely still be sealed away in chambers. you already explained roaming makes no sense and it would be really weird to makes them into events suddenly. I think most people who appreciate the Regis as lengendaries do so partially becasue of their in game "locations." It makes them that much cooler that they are these sort of..... dormant sentries locked away by some sort of ancient force.

I always thought the braille system was used becasue it looks like a Regi's face. So I'm not sure that the writing system would change. I could see it being possible that the exact methods of breaking their seal is slightly different. Wailord seemed a little random to me but Relicanth felt right on key with the "ancient" force or whatever. I think what's most likely is everything will be basically the same but that there will be more "hints" from NPCs and other things about what the braille is and how to translate it so that it doesn't degrade to the "you have to look it up outside of the game" state it was in previously.

I will be really disappointed in ORAs if there are TOO many legends, because that would suck. *Oh cool, another pokemon game with 27 LeGeNdArIeS*
Well this isn't going to be 4th gen, lol I agree with the sentiment that too many legendaries in the game make legendaries kind of droll. No matter what you expect from the game I think everyone can say with confidence that the RSE legendaries will all be in it. After that we're guessing based on trends. X and Y did have very few legendaries in it, but it did follow the typical pattern in that legendaries from some of the "earlier" games in the current cycle of new releases and remakes got to show up. So 1st and 6th gen legendaries just came out. 5th gen is the previous set of games and included a pretty random splattering of trio and "minor" legendaries from all gens. So the legendaries that have not been obtainable for the longest are things from the 4th gen games (which also means 2nd gen lengendaries) so a lot of people are expecting at least some of them to be obtainable in the post game portions of ORAS. (certain ones especially because of places like Naval Rock)

I don't expect there to be 27 legendries in this game but however many there are it won't be an overload of new legnedaries that just makes them all boring, it will be a chance to obtain many old legendaries you might not have in your poekbank. I think having a reasonable number of post game non RSE legendaries is somthing most people will appreciate since they don't have to get there hands on a copy of a game that came out like 5 or 6 years ago to fill in their pokedex.

(I know Pokeradar exists but that still required you to own the old games to get the majority of these "obtained a while ago" legendaries)

Last edited:
I personally think they will make the Braille puzzle much easier to do; maybe with a translator or something as someone suggested. It'll probably have more attention drawn to it, too, as with how they drew more attention to Legendaries and Unown in HGSS. But everything considered on how easier and convenient they're making Pokémon as of late, I can safely say they'll make the Braille Puzzles much less vague.
Thank fuck.

I personally think they will make the Braille puzzle much easier to do; maybe with a translator or something as someone suggested. It'll probably have more attention drawn to it, too, as with how they drew more attention to Legendaries and Unown in HGSS. But everything considered on how easier and convenient they're making Pokémon as of late, I can safely say they'll make the Braille Puzzles much less vague.
Thank fuck.
Experienced players are going to hate how GF does it either way simply because it won't be the same. and we all know that once they change this, we're probably not going to like how different it seems. We like the 2D sprites, we like Youngster Joey and his annoying ass Ratattata, we even like the bad guys. I don't really want them to make the puzzle easier because we'll all just fly through it. Yes the new players will still be confused, but I think it will feel absolutely amazing when we solve the puzzle.

I don't really want them to make the puzzle easier because we'll all just fly through it. Yes the new players will still be confused, but I think it will feel absolutely amazing when we solve the puzzle.
Oh, jeez, not this...
The whole idea of "Oh you don't want this extreme, so you must want the opposite extreme".
I'm not asking them to make it easy. I'm asking them to make it /POSSIBLE/.
Can anyone seriously tell me that they were able to do this puzzle without the internet? I'm sorry but this isn't even challenging, it's just bloody ridiculous. It doesn't make you use your intelligence, it doesn't make you use your skill, it only makes you use the internet guides or groan in frustration. There's no working out to be done because Braille isn't a language anyone actually reads. Literally the only reason people don't want it to change and don't see it as a bad thing is their nostalgia.

Experienced players are going to hate how GF does it either way simply because it won't be the same. and we all know that once they change this, we're probably not going to like how different it seems. We like the 2D sprites, we like Youngster Joey and his annoying ass Ratattata, we even like the bad guys. I don't really want them to make the puzzle easier because we'll all just fly through it. Yes the new players will still be confused, but I think it will feel absolutely amazing when we solve the puzzle.
Um, odds are good we'll all still fly through it because we already know how to solve the puzzle. About the only real hard parts are raising Wailmer up until it evolves and finding Relicanth thanks to its low encounter rate, and even then you can just trade them over. (now we should be able to do so through PokeBank) All that's really needed is just stick the chosen language's characters underneath the alphabet in the Sealed Chamber so new players will be able to translate the Braille. They'll still have to remember what it all means once they get to the chambers each Regi is waiting in.

Um, odds are good we'll all still fly through it because we already know how to solve the puzzle. About the only real hard parts are raising Wailmer up until it evolves and finding Relicanth thanks to its low encounter rate, and even then you can just trade them over. (now we should be able to do so through PokeBank) All that's really needed is just stick the chosen language's characters underneath the alphabet in the Sealed Chamber so new players will be able to translate the Braille. They'll still have to remember what it all means once they get to the chambers each Regi is waiting in.
that's true.

onto other topics, the graphics are looking even better than X and Y! Are you guys excited for that part of it, or not as much?

Can anyone seriously tell me that they were able to do this puzzle without the internet? I'm sorry but this isn't even challenging, it's just bloody ridiculous. It doesn't make you use your intelligence, it doesn't make you use your skill, it only makes you use the internet guides or groan in frustration. There's no working out to be done because Braille isn't a language anyone actually reads. Literally the only reason people don't want it to change and don't see it as a bad thing is their nostalgia.
Guidebook ftw!

(Also I can read a bit of Braille. I at least got "in this cave we lived" on my own!)

I really hope they don't change the Braille but instead put in a translator sidequest thingy like what's been suggested. It won't make it impossible for new players (finding the Regis is the hard part if you're new) and old players can still breeze by that part by skipping the Braille because they know what to do.

They could even change up the Braille a bit, like maybe require new Pokemon to open the chamber to troll old players.

GAWOSSS

Banned deucer.
you don.t need to read it you just keep on fucken pressing a on every thing till you get it keep using HM moves and hit a on all 3 of those dot code things every where ob every square kind of annoying with regice were you have to wait a few mins. any way i don.t think they will change the puzzle but it may change a bit due to how many squares the room will have.

Last edited:

Seriously, if they can give Pikachu its anime cry, they can do it for the Regis too.

In all seriousness, I think the Regi puzzle is gonna stay the same, the only difference being that if you look hard enough you can probably find some dude or item that translates Braille. The puzzles are iconic enough that older players will know how to solve them, while younger ones can just use whatever translation method they put into the games.

Well played. I will now be crying whenever I get outmaneuvered by a boulder, an ice berg, or a mechanical toilet.

Now that I've read through a few posts about this, it may be possible for GF to keep the Braille messages exactly as they were, but they might build upon it. Like a few people have mentioned, a way to translate Braille in-game could be built in place. However I don't think ORAS would remove the whole puzzle entirely, but they will make us work for it. Something tells me that Regigigas could come into play even though it's "technically" a Sinnoh Poke. Although I think it would be only a decent prize at best for collecting all the other Regis. Sure it has a crappy ability but it's that **** movepool that makes me rage because originally I thought that it would be an epic Normal type.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
They should just have a book as a key item that translates braille. You could probably find it in the Sealed Chamber where the stone slabs are. Would make things much easier that way.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As a kid I always figured they used braille because the Regi's have those dots all over their faces, so I believe GF will keep the braille involved someway or another, whether it is exactly the same or something different we will have to wait and see. Mario With Lasers' idea is real cool, even if they just had the braille on the bottom screen and touching a marking would flash a letter on the top screen so you still had to write down what it said (did anyone else break out the pen and paper for the puzzle?) to figure it out would be cool. Basically I think GF will pay homage to the original but jazz it up a bit with some fancy 3DS tech...

Im alslo afraid that GF will make the game too easy and the three regis wont be in that braille enigma with wailord and all...
Really, I beat X and Y without dying once
what does Too Many even mean, exactly

It's their way of giving more sidequests to do while also giving access to more pokemon within a new generation. This is a bad thing because...

It's their way of giving more sidequests to do while also giving access to more pokemon within a new generation. This is a bad thing because...
Legendaries are supposed to be cool and unique pokemon,each gen with its respective pokemon. The birds and mewtwo are Legends from Kanto.. The dogs and the other birds are Legends from Johto..Lati@s , Groundon, Kyogre, Deoxis , Regis are Hoenns., and so on. If there are the Legendary Birds and Dogs in half of the Pokemon countries, they arent much of a legend to me.

Thats just my opinion though, I know that probably everyone thinks otherwise because if not it would be hard to obtain them, but still

It's bad because it lets more legends be allowed in VGC obvs

Hopefully these Pokémon won't be restricted by locations only obtainable through Event items like the Eon Ticket, although it would make them a little more valuable. Who the hell accepts to offer a Kyogre for a Raticate? The GTS has been a helpful tool for us to complete our Pokedex's since the days of DPP, even more so in XY since the total amount of Pokémon exceeds 700 species. It has become somewhat ridiculous now given the stupid things people request for.
Understatement. The overwhelming majority of requests are for hard to get legendaries. Mostly Darkrai for some reason.
Something tells me that Regigigas could come into play even though it's "technically" a Sinnoh Poke. Although I think it would be only a decent prize at best for collecting all the other Regis. Sure it has a crappy ability but it's that **** movepool that makes me rage because originally I thought that it would be an epic Normal type.
That does seem very likely.

That does seem very likely.
Well.... perhaps not. I think the main argument against Regigigas in ORAS would be that we just got it in B2W2, but we also got the other Regis there so.... why not? It's so heavily tied to the actual Hoenn legendaries that it be really surprising not to take the opportunity to include it (every game it's in you gain access to it from the other 3 Regis so... here's a game with the 3 Regis...) Personally I think if there are gonna be non Hoenn legendaries at all (which is most likely the case) then Regigigas will certainly be one of them. Now whether or not it's post game is a totally different question...

Last edited:
Well.... perhaps not. I think the main argument against Regigigas in ORAS would be that we just got it in B2W2, but we also got the other Regis there so.... why not? It's so heavily tied to the actual Hoenn legendaries that it be really surprising not to take the opportunity to include it (every game it's in you gain access to it from the other 3 Regis so... here's a game with the 3 Regis...) Personally I think if there are gonna be non Hoenn legendaries at all (which is most likely the case) then Regigigas will certainly be one of them. Now whether or not it's post game is a totally different question...
The main argument I'd pose is that it was locked away in another region from it's 'keys', to make it harder for such a feared thing to be released.
But then again BW2 and GF loves to fuck up the story to include legends (hi XY mewtwo) so whatever

The main argument I'd pose is that it was locked away in another region from it's 'keys', to make it harder for such a feared thing to be released.
But then again BW2 and GF loves to fuck up the story to include legends (hi XY mewtwo) so whatever
haha,Such fear! Rigigigas has been released! Everyone flee the village! Hurry you only have five turns!!!

Nah, but in all seriousness they already included Regis and Regigigas in the same game so I still think it's likely (albeit it was only 2 Regis per version, so you still couldn't get Gigias with just one copy of the game.... so maybe you're right..?)

And for my own personal subjective spin I always felt like Gigias himself was the thing that effed up the story. not placing him with Regis... The Regis themselves were collectively really cool for some of the reason I already said in earlier posts (they're actually may favorite trio) Gigias just felt like 4th gens clumsy attempt to claim them for itself.... like making the supposed "god" wasn't good enough they need to lay claim to the creation of the actual coolest legndaries too. And they did it with seriously the lamest peice of crap they could. It doesn't match the other Regis in anything other than its name, and it's infamously the worst legendary ever. Regigias is actually one of my first go to reasons for why 4th gen is my least favorite...... but yeah, end of my subjective rant.

EDIT: (the power of more pointless opinions compels me) Also it was kind of awkward that the Regis them selves were sealed away, and then it turns out they were just the keys to a different lock that seals away something else that's actually weaker than all 3 of them... Regigigas actually had a lot of potential to be super cool if what the Regis were locking was actually a more powerful Regi. Instead it's this super gangly zebra turd that's only a Regi by name.... Because its aesthetically terrible and Un-Regi-like design and incredibly nonthreatening nature it totally falls flat....

Actually I like that "only by name" metaphor. Regigigas is to me what Tyrion Lanister is to Tywin. The laws of Pokemon demand I treat it as a Regi but I'll never respect it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)