Ladder Balanced Hackmons

Dude there's something called the Edit button that was recently added. This is not a chat-room, but a forum. And yes, you can quote multiple posts at once by simply replying to all of them. Edit your first post in the chain such that it has all of these posts in it please.
Sorry, I'm new here. How do I do that?

Psych Up has possible use on an Unaware sweeper since it can copy the boosts and doesn't care about the opponent's, but its situational. Haze on something bulky with good recovery can PP stall a Contrary and you can also negate their ability to force them out (Simple Beam is very good at that).

Also, Legendaries and megas are usually used because they often have the best stats for their typing. Clear exceptions exist, like Chansey, Shedinja, and Aegislash. And there's also some mons with niches over the common stuff, such as Umbreon being the bulkiest mono-Dark and not having Yveltal's, Gyarados', and T-tar's weaknesses, Sylveon running Regenvest a little bit better than Xern, Escalvalier having a much nastier Gyro Ball than pretty much everything else, Regenvest Tentacruel being the perfect switch-in to Prankster Black Sludge Venusaur (and also handling Xern's Boomburst better than Kyogre), and so forth. But those mons aren't common for a reason.

Sorry, I'm new here. How do I do that?
Copy paste the posts after the first one in a row into the first one, then delete the posts after it.

EDIT: Regarding legendarys, as Rumors said, they're usually better than other Pokemon, but some regular ones are better. Mega evolutions are a great example of that. They're generally powerful, and can do things other Pokemon can do better. Volt Absorb, Electrify Mega Gengar anybody?

I've been making some edits based on your suggestions. I replaced kingdra with leftovers palkia and ninjask with deoxys-s, but I'm not sure what deoxys should have for an item or fourth attack (it has stealth rock, spore, and spikes for moves so far) I thought about explosion, but then I'm toast if they trap me and use trading.

I've been making some edits based on your suggestions. I replaced kingdra with leftovers palkia and ninjask with deoxys-s, but I'm not sure what deoxys should have for an item or fourth attack (it has stealth rock, spore, and spikes for moves so far) I thought about explosion, but then I'm toast if they trap me and use trading.
You could give it Safety Goggles. Also, I'd recommend Mold Breaker as an ability, and if not that, you could try Klutz with Trick + Assault Vest, which is a fun way to cripple opposing defensive Pokemon.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
So guys, Soul Dew works on mega lati@s right? i was pretty sure that since they are coded into the same dex number it will work with them...

Finally, a Viable imposterproof contrary set.

Mega Latios @ Soul Dew
Ability: Contrary
Evs: lel
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Infestation
- Sludge Wave
- Something for FF steels

+2 252+ SpA Soul Dew Mega Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP (250 Base) / 252 SpD Eviolite Mega Latios: 758-894 (107.6 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

while it has to win the speed tie, if it does it can ohko the beign of its existence, chansey.

On another note, basically any unburden sweeper is imposter-proof. Unburden belly drum ho-oh, for example. shell smash acrobatics mega heracross. etc. Anything that has a move that is really strong against itself and can use unburden. It needs to be able to beat unaware however, which really sucks since they have to lose their item to get the boost, and the only idea i had on that was using gyarados and mega evolving. Maybe i'll have some brilliant idea later, i am drawing a blank atm.

So guys, Soul Dew works on mega lati@s right? i was pretty sure that since they are coded into the same dex number it will work with them...

Mega Latios @ Soul Dew
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Infestation
- Sludge Wave

+2 252+ SpA Soul Dew Mega Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP (250 Base) / 252 SpD Eviolite Mega Latios: 758-894 (107.6 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

while it has to win the speed tie, if it does it can ohko the beign of its existence, chansey.

On another note, basically any unburden sweeper is imposter-proof. Unburden belly drum ho-oh, for example. shell smash acrobatics mega heracross. etc. Anything that has a move that is really strong against itself and can use unburden. It needs to be able to beat unaware however, which really sucks since they have to lose their item to get the boost, and the only idea i had on that was using gyarados and mega evolving. Maybe i'll have some brilliant idea later, i am drawing a blank atm.
If you have to win a speed tie to kill, it isn't imposter proof. Imposter Proof sets include SS/Spooky Judgment/Fighting Move/filler gengar-mega, that can't be hurt AT ALL by imposters, let alone having to rely on a speed tie.

Mega Latios @ Soul Dew
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Infestation
- Sludge Wave

OHKOing the imposter at +2 was never really an issue due to the fact that it can simply be done on any poke by removing SpD investment. The main issue with Chansey is you have to win the speed tie otherwise you die. In that sense, that set still isn't imposterproof.

The only 2 contrary sets that can beat imposter that I know of are:

Kyurem-White @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 192 SpD / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Leaf Storm
- Overheat
- Superpower / Trick

The scarf wins any speed ties, and rash nature + 192 SpD EVs ensure that Chansey cannot take a Draco Meteor at +2 : +2 252+ SpA Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. +1 252 HP / 192- SpD Kyurem-W: 704-830 (100 - 117.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Giratina-Origin @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Leaf Storm
- Judgment
- Recover

Instead of winning the speed tie this set just focuses on being resistant to everything except judgment, rendering the imposter unable to do anything.

Last edited:
Speaking of not-quite-imposter resistant, I present to you;

Degrees of Imposter-proofing for a single Pokemon

1: Completely immune
A Pokemon fits this tier if, and only if, an Imposter can literally do nothing to it. If it can take on six Imposters in a row and win without trying, it fits this. Examples; Ghost-types with Spooky Plate Judgment, the Kyurem directly above this post on at least one boost. A Pokemon may still loose to an Imposter if afflicted with an outside status from another Pokemon, such as Leech Seed or Burn, or if the Imposter is holding an appropriate item.

2: Very resistant
A Pokemon fits this tier if it can be pitted against a single Imposter while in relatively poor condition and be able to either force a switch or a KO. Examples of this include Normal-resisting Bulletproof Pokemon with Judgment and a selection of moves affected by such, Pokemon with enough bulk to resist their own attacks to the point that the Imposter runs out of PP (EG: Unaware Darm-Z w/Fire move and Psystrike), bulky Poison Healers, Safety Goggles wearing Spore users, the Contrary Giratina directly above.. If something is weakened to a point at which it would be practically fodder anyway (Darmanitan-z weakened and Toxic-poisoned) it may still loose, or if it has to face multiple Imposters.

3: Resistant
To fit this level, a Pokemon in good or perfect condition can face an Imposter in a one-on-one match and defeat it. Examples include Poison Heal Regigigas, Magic Bounce pokemon with only moves reflected by MB, Pokemon that have already used Imprison, critical-spam users with offensive stats already dropped, Judgment users that have an SE Judgment but don't resist Normal, Belly Drum+Unburden combos, all Illusionists with the Illusion intact. If it is already weakened or the Imposter user lucks out with hax then it is possible to loose a matchup with this level. Magic Bouncers with the right moveset belong here as they can both do nothing and have nothing done to them. If a Pokemon is completely immune to it's entire moveset but cannot hurt the Imposter in return it also belongs here as it can force an Imposter out once or twice due to lack of PP but cannot actually do anything about it.

4: 50/50
If a Pokemon has a chance to win against a (Non-Scarfed) Imposter if it wins a Speed tie it belongs here. Examples include set-up users with an appropriately powerful move (Belly Drum and a move the user is weak to, Shell Smash Aerodactyl-Mega with Head Smash etc) Special Contrary users boosted to a high enough level, some Protean sets and Imprison users that haven't set it up already.

5: Weak
Something on this level will likely be defeated by an Imposter. This includes set-up without a strong enough move to OHKO, most Protean sets, Physical Contrary, unboosted offense users and most support Pokemon not carrying Knock Off. If you get lucky you might be able to defeat the Imposter, or if it's already weakened to a sufficient degree, but you'll most likely loose out.

6. Why did you even try?
Something that goes here can never beat an Imposter. Ever. Full stop. Pokemon that are always OHKOed by their own attacks and cannot ever OHKO in return, a Pokemon that looses in a slugfest even if it only gets crits, etc. Don't even try with these, unless you're weakening the Imposter or deliberately sacrificing the Pokemon currently out.

Other things; Remember, just because something looses one-on-one it doesn't mean it's a bad choice. Just remind yourself to keep a hard-counter on your team and you'll do fine. Also take into account the fact that Imposters are capable of holding items other than Eviolite and Leftovers, so your "Immune" Mega Gengar at +6 in every offensive stat may well be one-shotted by a Chansey carrying an Earth Plate.

BH is a ridiculously wide tier. I haven't thought of everything. Any suggestions will be added to the appropriate area (Or as a new area), so please make them.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
a SUREFIRE stop to imposter that ive been using, is ph landorus theorian with thousand waves, infest, bolt strike, and shift gear. there is NO chansey who can break through it, as even ph chansey is stalled out of its moves

a SUREFIRE stop to imposter that ive been using, is ph landorus theorian with thousand waves, infest, bolt strike, and shift gear. there is NO chansey who can break through it, as even ph chansey is stalled out of its moves
Confirming that this set is really good the sheer amount of setup oppurtunities are really nice the one problem is kyung but just run a mega scizir and you're fine.

EV

Banned deucer.
0. Bait
A pokemon only designed to bait imposter and completely nullify it meaning if an imposter is switched on it, it is doomed already.
For exsample: Magnet pull steel type mon with shed shell that only has normal type moves, which then switches out to a ghost type with also magnet pull.
I totally used to do this last gen.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
You know what would be cool? If mold breaker broke imposter. That would be awesome. And OP as fuck.

Having fun in this meta. Unburden Ho-oh is a cleaner i just can't keep off of my teams, and for good reason. I still haven't used a single moldy sweeper yet however. Anyways, here's a few Kyu-W wallbreaking sets I am using

Kyurem-White @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Evs: plebis
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Something to hit fairies
- Trick
- Volt Switch

This thing does so much damage. Seriously, anything not fairy is just destroyed by specs draco. It does like 62% To SDef cresselia, one of the most specially bulky pokemon out there even though it isin't really used here. This, with palkia, is one of the best wallbreakers in the game.

Ability: Refrigerate
Evs:
Modest / Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Blue Flare / Searing Shot
- Trick / Sturdinja Beater

If you would rather something more powerful you just have to predict with, welcome to refrigerate specs boomburst.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Kyurem-W Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cresselia: 358-423 (80.6 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
umm....wow. about a 45% Ko after rocks. NOTHING wants to eat up a refrigerate boomburst, and i mean nothing. This thing is so god damn powerful it should be damned to hell. I actually like to leave it walled by something, so I usually run blue flare and volt switch so i am walled by sturdinja and i can run it to beat imposter.

Kyurem-White @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Evs:
Modest / Timid Nature
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Coverage
- More coverage / Heart swap

CritKyu (lol?) is a great stallbreaker. with sniper making critical hits to 2.25x damage, and negating your own stat drops, destroying stuff with draco meteor is pretty awesome. You are also highly Imposter-Resistant, as it cannot copy your scope lens and focus energy boost. They also copy your stat loss, so look at this:
252+ SpA Sniper Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Kyurem-W on a critical hit: 858-1011 (133.6 - 157.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-2 252 SpA Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-W: 260-308 (66.3 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

There you go. Many of these sets can also be used with palkia, although the refrigerate set is awesome on kyu-w

I feel that kyuw is kinda dead as the meta has adapted to it, you need to run earth power or you're stopped cold by aegislash like you said it's similar to palliative with the only niche being refrigerate and being a fucking nuke. For tinted lens I suggest dialogs who fires off insanely powerful doom desires,

I feel that kyuw is kinda dead as the meta has adapted to it, you need to run earth power or you're stopped cold by aegislash like you said it's similar to palliative with the only niche being refrigerate and being a fucking nuke. For tinted lens I suggest dialogs who fires off insanely powerful doom desires,
Fucking Dialogs

Anyways, before I forget, for the Imposter list you should probably add

-1: Fucking Illusion
Sets that confuse the opponent into panic-switching their imposter, only to find out they can do nothing and proceed to either die or give the opponent yet another free turn.

You know what would be cool? If mold breaker broke imposter. That would be awesome. And OP as fuck.

Having fun in this meta. Unburden Ho-oh is a cleaner i just can't keep off of my teams, and for good reason. I still haven't used a single moldy sweeper yet however. Anyways, here's a few Kyu-W wallbreaking sets I am using

Ability: Tinted Lens
Evs: plebis
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Something to hit fairies
- Trick
- Volt Switch

This thing does so much damage. Seriously, anything not fairy is just destroyed by specs draco. It does like 62% To SDef cresselia, one of the most specially bulky pokemon out there even though it isin't really used here. This, with palkia, is one of the best wallbreakers in the game.

Ability: Refrigerate
Evs:
Modest / Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Blue Flare / Searing Shot
- Trick / Sturdinja Beater

If you would rather something more powerful you just have to predict with, welcome to refrigerate specs boomburst.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Kyurem-W Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cresselia: 358-423 (80.6 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
umm....wow. about a 45% Ko after rocks. NOTHING wants to eat up a refrigerate boomburst, and i mean nothing. This thing is so god damn powerful it should be damned to hell. I actually like to leave it walled by something, so I usually run blue flare and volt switch so i am walled by sturdinja and i can run it to beat imposter.

Evs:
Modest / Timid Nature
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Coverage

CritKyu (lol?) is a great stallbreaker. with sniper making critical hits to 2.25x damage, and negating your own stat drops, destroying stuff with draco meteor is pretty awesome. You are also highly Imposter-Resistant, as it cannot copy your scope lens and focus energy boost. They also copy your stat loss, so look at this:
252+ SpA Sniper Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Kyurem-W on a critical hit: 858-1011 (133.6 - 157.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-2 252 SpA Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-W: 260-308 (66.3 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

There you go. Many of these sets can also be used with palkia, although the refrigerate set is awesome on kyu-w
Someone found all of the sets from last year

Fucking Dialogs

Anyways, before I forget, for the Imposter list you should probably add

-1: Fucking Illusion
Sets that confuse the opponent into panic-switching their imposter, only to find out they can do nothing and proceed to either die or give the opponent yet another free turn.
I mentioned Illusion, in T3. "If the Pokemon is in good or perfect condition", as Illusion isn't going to be much use if it's already been broken is it?

If Refrigerate Kyurem, Pixilate Xern, and Aerilate Rayquaza weren't on 99.99% of all BH teams, the "core" you're about to see here might be seen as "the most gimmicky gimmick of all time". It still probably is. But, with all the -ate abilities + espeed running around, it has the potential of ACTUALLY WORKING. The goal is to essentially use the -ate abilities against the users by utilizing an extremely gimmicky ability: Mummy.

1. Gengar @ Gengarite (lead)
Ability: Illusion/Magic Bounce/whatever you want
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Quiver Dance
- Cotton Guard
- Roost

Basically lead with this, mega evolve, and get that baton pass off so you can utilize shadow tag later in the game, when sunkern has mummied an opposing -ate user. From there, cotton guard up (because thousand arrows is a threat otherwise), quiver dance, roost when you have to, hope for no crits, and baton pass to your appropriate sweeper, who will (hopefully) sweep.

2. Sunkern @ Rocky Helmet/Lum Berry
Ability: Mummy
Level: 1
Serious Nature
- Endeavor
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Parting Shot

Although it literally dies in 1 hit, everyone assumes you're the sturdy kind anyways; still, that's not the point of this set. A level 1 sunkern literally dies 1000000 times over to any -ate boosted attack. This paves the way for MegaGar to set up in their face without any problems. Endeavor is there just for damage in case you somehow manage to force a switch (sturdy shell bell can do massive damage to a pokemon). Rocky Helmet is the most beneficial in most situations to get rid of things like Shedinja, although it can actually hurt your sweep if the -ate user dies to rocky helmet recoil. For that reason, lum berry can be used. Spiky shield is for scouting, and parting shot is for the momentum if you force something out by bluffing sturdy shell bell.

3. Any anti-imposter sweeper of your choice
Ability: Magic Bounce (topsy-turvy is annoying, otherwise you get owned by it)
Other ability option: Prankster (get those taunts off)

Use anything you want in this slot, but PLEASE don't make imposterable. You can really sweep with whatever you want, as the pokemon you're sweeping with will likely have +6 Def, +6 SpA, +6 SpD, and +6 spd if you played correctly.

Things that beat this:
-ate users that have a switching move
-no ate users on the other team
- crits
- CRITS
- HAX
- experience
- switching in sunkern on a boomburst

I'll try to get a replay of this working; haven't saved any yet.

Things that beat this:
-ate users that have a switching move
-no ate users on the other team
- crits
- CRITS
- HAX
- experience
- switching in sunkern on a boomburst
-Kyurem-W
-Coverage (Special coverage especially)
-Random Topsy-Turvy (Yes I put Topsy Turvy on Aerilate Rayquaza once don't look at me like that)
-Taunt (On a Cube this time and it was for a valid reason at the time)
-Illusion
-U-Turn/Volt Switch

Etc etc.

-Kyurem-W
-Coverage (Special coverage especially)
-Random Topsy-Turvy (Yes I put Topsy Turvy on Aerilate Rayquaza once don't look at me like that)
-Taunt (On a Cube this time and it was for a valid reason at the time)
-Illusion
-U-Turn/Volt Switch

Etc etc.
Aside from switching moves, special coverage, and illusion, most of these things are gimmicks themselves (only kyurem-w's I've run into are fridge boomburst and espeed). Yeah we could have things like worry seed kyube and shed shell rayquaza, but i tried to include the more common threats.

Then again, that is why it is a gimmick; it only combats some of the more standard things but doesnt take into account the more underrated or gimmicky things. Still, it feels really good when it does work.

Aside from switching moves, special coverage, and illusion, most of these things are gimmicks themselves (only kyurem-w's I've run into are fridge boomburst and espeed). Yeah we could have things like worry seed kyube and shed shell rayquaza, but i tried to include the more common threats.

Then again, that is why it is a gimmick; it only combats some of the more standard things but doesnt take into account the more underrated or gimmicky things. Still, it feels really good when it does work.
How are Taunt and Topsy gimmicks? They're really common moves on literally every prankster, as they help break stall and sweep respectively

How are Taunt and Topsy gimmicks? They're really common moves on literally every prankster, as they help break stall and sweep respectively
He meant on kyube and rayquaza :P magic bounce/prankster taunt from the sweeper stops that.
Alright lets just end this discussion now before it clutters up the thread; it wasn't a serious core, just for fun.

Evs:
Modest / Timid Nature
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Coverage

Run 248 HP / 100 SpDef EVs if Timid on your Kyu-W instead, since that still guarantees a OHKO against the Imposter Chansey and maximizes your bulk against other things (248 HP is for SR, Curse, and other indirect damage). For Modest, you can run up to 204 EVs in SpDef.

252+ SpA Sniper Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 204 SpD Eviolite Kyurem-W on a critical hit: 711-837 (100.9 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-2 252+ SpA Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 204 SpD Kyurem-W: 236-278 (52 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Sniper Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Eviolite Kyurem-W on a critical hit: 711-837 (100.9 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-2 252 SpA Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 100 SpD Kyurem-W: 236-278 (52 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)