Level: 1
Pokeball: Pokeball
Shiny?: Yes
Moves: Helping Hand, Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip
Nature: Calm
Region of origin: Kalos
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): I went to the Memory Girl and he has his memories, is that confirmation that he's legit? Just that I got him over WT.

So I was just checking on some of the things I was given a few weeks back and I noticed that the genesect I have has JPN as a region, a Japanese OT and an English name. Is such a thing possible?

The only thing that makes me unsure is that I was told (possibly incorrectly) that foreign region games could still pick up foreign wondecards (such as the poke ball event Viv), the OT stays the same but the name would match the language of the game that picked it up.

But what about the region of origin? Would that mirror the wondercard or the game? I'm assuming the game but I'm not sure.

Tldr: JPN region, Japanese OT, English name.

Language: JPN
Species: Ho-oh
OT: Japanese characters
ID No.: 21736
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional): A little bit in hp/atk/speed/sp.def - not fully ev-trained
Ability: Pressure
Pokemon's name: Japnese characters
Level: 46
Pokeball: Premier Ball
Moves: Extrasensory, Sunny Day, Fire Blast, Sacred Fire
Nature: Jolly
Region of origin: Johto
Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
Other comments (optional):

Pretty sure this:

Only 4 natures are possible for 31/31/31/31/31/31 Pokemon caught in generations 3 & 4 (exceptions below). These natures are calm, docile, modest, and timid.

Applies to legends....if not i'm prepared for the flaming

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So I was just checking on some of the things I was given a few weeks back and I noticed that the genesect I have has JPN as a region, a Japanese OT and an English name. Is such a thing possible?

The only thing that makes me unsure is that I was told (possibly incorrectly) that foreign region games could still pick up foreign wondecards (such as the poke ball event Viv), the OT stays the same but the name would match the language of the game that picked it up.

But what about the region of origin? Would that mirror the wondercard or the game? I'm assuming the game but I'm not sure.

Tldr: JPN region, Japanese OT, English name.
Is it the normal sized font all games except Japan use, or is it the bigger font Japan uses for English characters? If it's the former, then it's a hack.

Hacked, as flargananddingle said above, only a handful of natures are possible for flawless IVs in Generation III/IV (Jolly isn't one of them).

Need another check :
Language: ENG
Species: Thundurus
OT: Moose
ID: 54525
IVs: 30/31/30/31/31/31
EVs: Max Atk/Speed , res tin HP
Ability: Defiant
Pokemon's name: Thundurus
Level: 100
Pokeball: Dream Ball
Shiny?: No
Moves: Superpower, Knock Off, Wild Charge, U-Turn
Nature: Naive
Region of origin: Unova

Agonist yeah, it's the regular English letters. That's what caught my eye. An event Pokemon wouldn't be able to have a nickname anyways. I just wanted to be sure before I told the poor guy who gave it to me that it's a hack.

If anyone else is reading this, check your genesects because I'm pretty sure this is going around as a redistributable Pokemon.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Agonist yeah, it's the regular English letters. That's what caught my eye. An event Pokemon wouldn't be able to have a nickname anyways. I just wanted to be sure before I told the poor guy who gave it to me that it's a hack.

If anyone else is reading this, check your genesects because I'm pretty sure this is going around as a redistributable Pokemon.
Event Pokemon can be nicknamed if someone RNG abuses the ID/SID of the event and uses the same name, gender, language, etc.

But yeah, the Genesect is still hacked either way.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
First time I've posted here, hopefully I don't do anything stupid.

Got this from cloning for someone on GameFAQs (lol) and they threw this Latias at the end as a random gift. Now I'm wondering if this is a hack. Seems legal enough for battling, but I'm wondering what I'm dealing with.

Language: Japanese
Species: Latias - 380
OT: *In Japanese* *Can edit this in if need be at a later time*
ID No.: 48835
IVs: 31-31-27-31-30-31
EVs (optional): Seems like 252 HP / 160 SDef / 96 Spd
Ability: Levitate
Pokemon's name: ラティアス
Level: 70
Pokeball: Master Ball
Shiny?: Yes.
Moves: Hidden Power, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Calm Mind
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Mischievous
Other comments (optional): Cured Pokerus

Received this Latios from a trade. Whilst I'm giving the benefit of the doubt for now, as it doesn't look obviously illegal at a glance, I think it would be helpful to get a second opinion on the matter.

Language: English
Species: Latios
OT: Jacob
ID No.: 07640
IVs: 31/30/31/30/27/30 (HP Fire)
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Ability: Levitate
Pokemon's name: Latios
Level: 52
Pokeball: Master Ball
Moves: Draco Meteor/Psyshock/Thunderbolt/Defog
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: Hoenn
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ribbons: Kalos Champion Ribbon, Battle Memory Ribbon, Effort Ribbon

Language: Japanese (doesn't have a JPN tag at the top, though)
Species: Jirachi
OT: Japanese
ID No.: 08013
EVs (optional): 252 Atk/252 Spe
Ability: Serene Grace
Pokemon's name: Japanese
Pokeball: Cherish Ball
Moves: Wish, Zen Headbutt, U-turn, Iron Head
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ribbons: Souvenir Ribbon
Other comments (optional): Traded to me by Prince of Darkness, seems a bit suspicious because of the lack of the black JPN tag.

Language: Japanese (doesn't have a JPN tag at the top, though)
Species: Jirachi
OT: Japanese
ID No.: 08013
EVs (optional): 252 Atk/252 Spe
Ability: Serene Grace
Pokeball: Cherish Ball
Moves: Wish, Zen Headbutt, U-turn, Iron Head
Ribbons: Souvenir Ribbon
Other comments (optional): Traded to me by Prince of Darkness, seems a bit suspicious because of the lack of the black JPN tag.
Hate to say it, but it looks hacked for sure. I mean he tried to offer a hacked Deoxys in the SQSR thread, so its not entirely impossible for it to be hacked. That and I'm pretty sure that it has the wrong Ribbon. (and NOT because it's 6IV. Even though it DOES raise eyebrows.) oh and it being English while having a Japanese name. (DON'T KILL ME IF I BALLSED IT UP)
Source: http://www.serebii.net/events/dex/385.shtml
(Again, looks legit enough, but I think it's the wrong Ribbon. Or Bulbapedia is lying to me. And Seribii.)
Edit: YES I DID SOMETHING RIGHT ^_^

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but it looks hacked for sure. I mean he tried to offer a hacked Deoxys in the SQSR thread, so its not entirely impossible for it to be hacked. That and I'm pretty sure that it has the wrong Ribbon. (and NOT because it's 6IV. Even though it DOES raise eyebrows.) oh and it being English while having a Japanese name. (DON'T KILL ME IF I BALLSED IT UP)
Source: http://www.serebii.net/events/dex/385.shtml
(Again, looks legit enough, but I think it's the wrong Ribbon. Or Bulbapedia is lying to me. And Seribii.)
I missed the post on the SQSR thread before I traded with him sadly, but I already know it's a hack for a fact now since he's being all defensive and won't give me my pokemon back. Meh, whatever.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I missed the post on the SQSR thread before I traded with him sadly, but I already know it's a hack for a fact now since he's being all defensive and won't give me my pokemon back. Meh, whatever.
Yes, it's hacked. Not sure why you traded him however, because this is - lol. If he won't give you your stuff back beat him up, report it since it did happen here.

Come on Snoopy ;_;

Last edited:
Alright, thanks for informing me. Just out of interest, what exactly makes this a hack for definite? My assumption is that it has something to do with the IV and nature combination; the IVs almost seemed too good to be true, so I assumed it was the product of RNG abuse. Knowing this may help me spot potential hacks in the future.

Species: Genesect
OT: えいがかん
ID No.: 07133
Ability: Download
Pokeball: Cherish
Moves: Extreme Speed, Iron Head, Shift Gear, Blaze Kick
Nature: Hasty
Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon
Other comments (optional): Has cured Pokerus.

Chill said in $teele's thread this is hacked but just wanted to get a confirmation from the higher-ups. I'm pretty sure I've only traded it once and know who too, so I can track them down and essentially eliminate it from my history if it is hacked. Not sure who $teele got this from either as it's Full-Redis.

Not the same one.

Last edited:

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Species: Genesect
OT: えいがかん
ID No.: 07133
Ability: Download
Pokeball: Cherish
Moves: Extreme Speed, Iron Head, Shift Gear, Blaze Kick
Nature: Hasty
Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon
Other comments (optional): Has cured Pokerus.

Chill said in $teele's thread this is hacked but just wanted to get a confirmation from the higher-ups. I'm pretty sure I've only traded it once and know who too, so I can track them down and essentially eliminate it from my history if it is hacked. Not sure who $teele got this from either as it's Full-Redis.
See the above posts (on this page) that detail it already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)