SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

Bumping this thread.

I decided to WT a box full of Chespin and Larvesta for the hell of it last night. Most of the Pokemon I got were unremarkable, but I got a L68 Cresselia with an Enigma Berry. :O I didn't participate in the May International Challenge, so the Berry was a nice surprise.

I WT off a Larvesta spitback...and get a Virizion. I'd be just as excited to receive it as I was with that Japanese Kyogre from HeartGold I got awhile back...if I hadn't already transferred it, Cobalion, and Terrakion along with all the other legendary Pokemon I had obtained in my White2 game long ago. (I still need to go back and RNG them, but I haven't gotten around to starting a new game yet...) And the person used their Master Ball on it. (Cresselia is a better choice to avoid Recover shenanigans) I'm kind of hoping I can trade it on the GTS for Suicune, but it's probably not going to happen.

I also got a Larvesta spitback...from January 1, 2011?! I got rid of it just to be safe.

I WT off a Larvesta spitback...and get a Virizion. I'd be just as excited to receive it as I was with that Japanese Kyogre from HeartGold I got awhile back...if I hadn't already transferred it, Cobalion, and Terrakion along with all the other legendary Pokemon I had obtained in my White2 game long ago. (I still need to go back and RNG them, but I haven't gotten around to starting a new game yet...) And the person used their Master Ball on it. (Cresselia is a better choice to avoid Recover shenanigans) I'm kind of hoping I can trade it on the GTS for Suicune, but it's probably not going to happen.

I also got a Larvesta spitback...from January 1, 2011?! I got rid of it just to be safe.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the date - you can change the date on your system to anything you want (I think the range is January 1, 2000 to December 31, 2099, iirc). The only time I can think of when the date is questionable is when dealing with a potential Powersaves hacked event (Pokeball Vivillon, Garchomp, Darkrai, any other 6th gen event...)

>.<; Bah. Oh well, it's not like I'm beating myself up over it since I'm still breeding Larvesta of my own. (just have to get Sp. Atk on it now...with a 5IV Venonat that's missing HP. This could take awhile...)

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
If you guys are trading on Wednesdays, there's a poke-youtuber that does a thing every Wednesday where he wonder trades stuff off and then battles with the stuff he gets in return, so his followers drop all sorts of things on WT.

Trading first thing in the morning is great for me. I got a Fletchling this morning and was only half paying attention, so I was surprised when I checked the box to find it level 5 with big pecks in a Master Ball? Still not catching on I thought "why would anyone catch this crap in a Master Ball?" Then I noticed the nice little red star in the corner :)

If you guys are trading on Wednesdays, there's a poke-youtuber that does a thing every Wednesday where he wonder trades stuff off and then battles with the stuff he gets in return, so his followers drop all sorts of things on WT.
His name is Marriland. Unless someone else started Wonder Trade Wednesdays.

Trading first thing in the morning is great for me. I got a Fletchling this morning and was only half paying attention, so I was surprised when I checked the box to find it level 5 with big pecks in a Master Ball? Still not catching on I thought "why would anyone catch this crap in a Master Ball?" Then I noticed the nice little red star in the corner :)
tbh there's not much use for a Master Ball in XY anyways. I mean if you hate Mewtwo that much then sure, but XY is like the perfect game to waste that ball on Route 2 mons.

The shininess is just a bonus.

Oh and one time I WTed a 4 IV Fletchling spitback and got an identical 4 IV spitback in return. As in completely identical except for OT and Trainer ID.

I've gotten a shiny 6 iv gyrados named "Lance" and a shiny 5 iv kyurem from wonder trade

yesterday i got a level 100 pikachu

edit: oh also got a shiny 5 iv imperfect HA adamant bunnelby from WT too

Last edited:
I got a Nidorina...FROM THE FUTURE!!!!

*ahem* The Nidorina was apparently caught April 3, 2050. I chuckled at the date, and then released it since only Nidoran(F) can breed out of the female's evolution line.

I've put a load of O/S potential spitbacks on WT and got a box load a trash. There's the odd gem but this is getting ridiculous.

Speaking of gems, a telepathy meditite with bullet punch, drain punch, fake out and psycho cut. I have a feeling this will be good.

I got a Japanese Roselia the other day. At first I assumed it was typical Route 7 crap, but then I noticed its ability: Leaf Guard. That becomes Technician when it evolves into Roserade. It may be in just a standard Poke Ball, but it's also got some IV's to it as well so definitely a keeper!

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I got a Nidorina...FROM THE FUTURE!!!!

*ahem* The Nidorina was apparently caught April 3, 2050. I chuckled at the date, and then released it since only Nidoran(F) can breed out of the female's evolution line.
lol, sounds like someone forgot to reset the date after they did an RNG project. I sent off a few pokemon in y with 2013 dates because of this. Blast from the Past!

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Maybe, though I probably would have preferred what it was the person had RNG'd than something I can't really do anything with.
(The people who received my wonder traded pokemon were probably thinking the same thing, lol). And just to specify, because I didn't in my first post, they were Kalos-born pokemon with Feb. 2013 dates (before y was released).

Well now. It seems I ended up with a hack (well, an offspring of a hack, but no less illegitimate) from Wonder Trade after all and I didn't even know it until just now. Torkoal can't be caught in a Heavy Ball, (only appears in the Safari Zone) and certainly can't have Shell Armor even if it could since that's its hidden ability. Shame, because I would have loved to have used it to potentially pass Shell Smash to something. :( The things I learn when trying to get Apricorn ball Pokemon for some nice balls on what I breed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)