Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I would also not be surprised if they got a few more but there would not be many. Dragon/Fairy Mega Altaria in particular is something that I would list as a nice to have but that is merely pure speculation and will probably not happen (I can only dream...). I have no idea if any other generations will gain a Mega Evolutions but they would be nice to have.
My god I must be a psychic or something. I did not expect it to have an offensive ability like Pixilate though... (I was expecting more defensive)

Mega Salamence is interesting. It finally gets to make use of Flying STAB for the first time since HP Flying in Gen 3. Flying is a great offensive type, evidenced by an entire archetype in bird-spam. Obviously, Return and Double-Edge would be the main physical options, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a rise in its Special Attack and see some use of Aerilate Hyper Voice. No real viable special bird-spam option, but this could definitely help that playstyle get even stronger.

It has potential: 700 BST could be distributed to make Mence real good. Like Mega-Mawile, it has Intimidate to mess up weak physical attackers prior to Mega Evolving, but it might not be as inherently broken because of the gargantuan power it has from both its Attack stat and access to Sucker Punch. Mence doesn't have priority, and Dragon Dance isn't going to give the titanic boost in power that SD does for Mega-Maw, so it at least seems to be balanced, on paper.

Can't wait to see how Mega-Mence's stats are distributed. This could be the toy it needs to propel itself into OU, as it can finally differentiate itself from other Dragons.

I would be more concerned about the boosted stats. I don't see that ability giving Salamence much of an edge.
I just said on irc that it probably gets a massive speed boost and a physical attack drop, just based on its design. Arms look a lot weaker now.

So, the pluses of Mega Lopunny without going into possible stat increases:

1. STAB Jump Kick with scrappy means it can spam it with no recourse except accuracy.
2. If it is going to be more offensive, it has a wide range of moves including the elemental punches
3. At base 105 speed, it won't suffer a lot from the same problem banette has when it comes to attacking second after mega evolving.

Cons:
Gaining the Fighting typing gives it a 3 more weakness in Psychic, Fairy, and Flying

There's probably more to go in depth on but that is just my take. I simply can't WAIT to use this thing.

I'm really enthousastic about Mega Altaria. Dragon/Fairy is quite a good typing, with a bit of bulk I can see it as a good set-up sweeper. Dragon dancing because of the bulk, return as a physical fairy move, outrage because YOLO and earthquake for steels or roost for more bulky sets!

Yeah, and compare his learnset to Salamences. That quick attack is not to be messed with. I'm not saying that Salamence won't benefit at all but he could have received something much better.
Aerilate makes sense flavor wise since Bagon's greatest dream was to fly.

Dumb question time!

Will the new megas bring Aegislash and the other megas back?
Not really the forum to discuss but probably not unless the meta would benefit from aegis lash being able to check things. Aegislash still gets aerial ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)