Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for curiosity's sake, if we wanted to competitively discuss the new megas, where should we do it? The regular forums tell us that all discussion of unreleased content should be on Orange Islands, but Orange Islands tell us all competitive discussion should be done in the main forums, leaving us unable to discuss the competitive implications of these new Pokemon on this competitive Pokemon website. Seems a bit silly to me.
That's because we're missing too much information, and any discussion is going to be purely hypothetical. We don't know their stats or full move pools. All we really know is their abilities, typing, and some of their move pool.

I'm just waiting for my Mega Flygon, but unfortunately it seems that most of the Hoenn native Dragons have already gotten one, what is everyone's opinion on the possibility of Mega Flygon, and what exactly would it be? I personally hope for either Dragon/Ground or Dragon/Bug type, with the ability Compound Eyes, and if Bug, adding Megahorn to it's movepool.

Swablu was Normal / Flying and Mega Alt will become Dragon / Fairy ! That's a change !!!

And remember that Mega Alt lose his immunity to Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Sticky Web and Ground moves

I'm just waiting for my Mega Flygon, but unfortunately it seems that most of the Hoenn native Dragons have already gotten one, what is everyone's opinion on the possibility of Mega Flygon, and what exactly would it be? I personally hope for either Dragon/Ground or Dragon/Bug type, with the ability Compound Eyes, and if Bug, adding Megahorn to it's movepool.
Flygon, Milotic, Sharpedo, & Camerupt are the likeliest for any remaining Hoenn mevos. The former two are some of the most popular in the gen, and I could see the latter two being whatever Maxie/Archie uses in the last battle.

Flygon will probably get sand rush, sand stream, or sand force since it's Pokedex entry always mentions the desert.

Flygon, Milotic, Sharpedo, & Camerupt are the likeliest for any remaining Hoenn mevos. The former two are some of the most popular in the gen, and I could see the latter two being whatever Maxie/Archie uses in the last battle.

Flygon will probably get sand rush, sand stream, or sand force since it's Pokedex entry always mentions the desert.
Unfortunately so, but I really wish it would get something to differentiate itself from Mega Garchomp, not make it better maybe but make it viable for God's sake :(

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i'm so looking forward to this remake. enjoy reading this thread

i hope theyve filled out all that ocean with content to keep us interested.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Please use the OU Forums or wherever to talk about the Competitive aspects of the new Pokemon.

Orange Islands is NOT the place to discuss them. I am sure there are threads already appearing in some of the other forums where you can talk about them.

The Hoenn 2.0 thread is good for competitive discussion isn't it?
This thread is for potential movepool upgrades for Ingame Pokemon. Not for competitive aspects.

Only real problem I see with Mega Evolution during contests, while cool, it suddenly makes all Mega Evolution capable Pokémon much more contest-viable than other Pokémon, and you'll likely have to use Megas because your opponent is using them as well. Oh weeeeeell.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Okay so Feebas now has a contest-based evolution again and now you can Mega Evolve in contests under certain conditions according to the latest Corocoro leaks.

Hmmm... I guess that is a plus for Feebas since you do not have to rely on getting a Prism Scale and trading Feebas to another cart to get Milotic now?

I know this was already mentioned but I like the idea of Feebas having a contest-based evolution to Milotic again although it is really annoying to achieve.

Unrelated to the above but if Sharpedo and Camerupt do get Megas, I am going to call that they will probably end up having Drizzle and Drought respectively for abilities based on flavour and the goals of Team Magma / Aqua.

Okay so Feebas now has a contest-based evolution again and now you can Mega Evolve in contests under certain conditions according to the latest Corocoro leaks.

Hmmm... I guess that is a plus for Feebas since you do not have to rely on getting a Prism Scale and trading Feebas to another cart to get Milotic now?

I know this was already mentioned but I like the idea of Feebas having a contest-based evolution to Milotic again although it is really annoying to achieve.

Unrelated to the above but if Sharpedo and Camerupt do get Megas, I am going to call that they will probably end up having Drizzle and Drought respectively for abilities based on flavour and the goals of Team Magma / Aqua.
The only thing is that NOTHING will ever be as annoying as finding a Feebas without Game Shark. In RS, we had no connection with previous games (even if we had, Feebas was a new pokémon, but you get my point), whereas now there are Feebas aplenty. I'll be happy if they include some fishing contest of Feebas, but it should be Hoenn-born only.

Something that would be seriously cool is Mega Mightyena. Attack and speed increases, with bulk on the side, anyone?

Swablu was Normal / Flying and Mega Alt will become Dragon / Fairy ! That's a change !!!

And remember that Mega Alt lose his immunity to Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Sticky Web and Ground moves
She still has all those immunities upon switch-in, and as a trade-off for losing said immunity, it is no longer weak to stealth rock. Too bad it doesn't get defog...

Last edited:
The only thing is that NOTHING will ever be as annoying as finding a Feebas without Game Shark. In RS, we had no connection with previous games (even if we had, Feebas was a new pokémon, but you get my point), whereas now there are Feebas aplenty. I'll be happy if they include some fishing contest of Feebas, but it should be Hoenn-born only.
I don't agree with with idea that finding Feebas in Hoenn as the most annoying thing; clearly, you've forgotten about finding one in Sinnoh. It always seemed to make the Milotic that much more valuable to fish it out like that, though.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Evolving Feebas was a lot more annoying than catching it imo, you basically required those super duper berries from the Berry Master in order to create strong enough pokeblocks (can't even remember how many Feebas I screwed up before I got those. Heck, in DPPt I even needed to transfer my Milotic from Emerald because my poffin skills were that bad and its sheen was always maxed out when its beauty wasn't even half way. Good luck breeding a competitive Feebas in ORAS and not screwing up its contest stats :S). Catching it was a bit tedious but rarely took even an hour, just fish four-five times on each spot and systematically continue to the next - I mean, there were six spots iirc and it's not like that stream was that big. (at least not as big as that pond in Mt Coronet that only had 4 spots lol, which even changed every day). It was even kind of rewarding, you had to work for getting it but it was far from ridiculous ;)

Last edited:
What if you get miloticnite as held item from feebas, and feebas being as hard to catch as in RSE? Digging that idea.
It'd break the whole 'one mega stone in each save' special theme thing, so naah

I don't agree with with idea that finding Feebas in Hoenn as the most annoying thing; clearly, you've forgotten about finding one in Sinnoh. It always seemed to make the Milotic that much more valuable to fish it out like that, though.
Really? I found it easier in Sinnoh... probably because it was all just one area, while in Hoenn there were like 4 different lakes or something on the same route you had to check.

In Hoenn, though, at least it was consistent. To be fair, though, I was a senior in high school when Diamond and Pearl came out, so I didn't have as much time to play then as I did in Ruby and Sapphire, so it always ended up reseting on me before I could do anything substantial with it.

I'm a bit worried that Contests will be too Mega-centred, with Mega Evolution not being available for every Pokémon. I liked the fact that even NFE's could compete with Pseudo-legendaries in a fair fight, as a Pokémon's movepool was it's sole defining quality in Contests. But maybe the Mega boost won't be much more than an elaborate combo, as you have to rely on a good timing to get the Judge's attention. Also, Mega Pokémon cannot hold Scarves, so if they can't pull off the Mega Evolution, they will be at disadvantage.
I hope there's a Reset Bag of sorts for Contest stats, so your Pokémon won't be lost if you max it's Sheen with bad Pokéblocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)