Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flygon, Milotic, Sharpedo, & Camerupt are the likeliest for any remaining Hoenn mevos. The former two are some of the most popular in the gen, and I could see the latter two being whatever Maxie/Archie uses in the last battle.

Flygon will probably get sand rush, sand stream, or sand force since it's Pokedex entry always mentions the desert.
I believe this was brought up before, but, Arena Trap Mega Flygon.
Based on Flygon's dex entries Sand Stream makes the most sense by far. I've actually said this before too. So for anyone who's been on this thread for a long time, sorry for repeating myself. But it's ALWAYS bothered me that between Flygon and Tytranitar, T-Tar got Sand Stream. Flygon is the rarest and strongest Pokemon in the games from the place where Sandstorms are always active, and unlike T-Tar whose dex entries that are just about how it eats mountains and crap, Flygon's dex entries literally say that it kicks up sandstorms just by flying around. It's literally the Spirit of The Desert. Flavor wise Sand Stream has always made way way way more sense as a Flygon ability. (btw it's wings hum music while it makes sandstorms so that's just adorable too)
Arena trap would be sweet but it would also be a BST 620 Dragon with basically a slightly worse version of Shadow Tag. Even without Destiny Bond, Perish Song and crap I kind of seeing there being a push for Ubers. Plus I think that ability is kind of restricted to Pokemon that burrow out of the ground which isn't Flygon's cup of tea anymore. It's conceptually based on the little sinking sand pits antlion lava make around themselves. Adult anlions don't make those traps, only the larva a.k.a. Trapinch (Maybe Arena Trap Mega Excadrill though.. oh god)

Last edited:
Didn't CoroCoro say there was suppose to be a mega evolution scoop or something like that this month?

Last edited:
Reactions: PME
One thing: will Cosplaychu's exclusive moves be carried away to Raichu should it evolve? Will Cosplaychu be able to evolve in first place? Or will Raichu run away from the National Dex crying in humuliation, because it's pre-evo gets Icicle Crash and it does not?

One thing: will Cosplaychu's exclusive moves be carried away to Raichu should it evolve? Will Cosplaychu be able to evolve in first place? Or will Raichu run away from the National Dex crying in humuliation, because it's pre-evo gets Icicle Crash and it does not?
lol, my guess is that Thunder Stone "won't have an affect" on Pikachu in an outfit. Either that or when you use it it turns into Raichu and automatically loses the outfit move without prompting you to forget it, just has 3 moves like when a rotom stops possessing your kitchen.

I'm just waiting for my Mega Flygon, but unfortunately it seems that most of the Hoenn native Dragons have already gotten one, what is everyone's opinion on the possibility of Mega Flygon, and what exactly would it be? I personally hope for either Dragon/Ground or Dragon/Bug type, with the ability Compound Eyes, and if Bug, adding Megahorn to it's movepool.
But Flygon doesn't have compound eyes or any kinda of horn...

Based on Flygon's dex entries Sand Stream makes the most sense by far. I've actually said this before too. So for anyone who's been on this thread for a long time, sorry for repeating myself. But it's ALWAYS bothered me that between Flygon and Tytranitar, T-Tar got Sand Stream. Flygon is the rarest and strongest Pokemon in the games from the place where Sandstorms are always active, and unlike T-Tar whose dex entries that are just about how it eats mountains and crap, Flygon's dex entries literally say that it kicks up sandstorms just by flying around. It's literally the Spirit of The Desert. Flavor wise Sand Stream has always made way way way more sense as a Flygon ability. (btw it's wings hum music while it makes sandstorms so that's just adorable too)
Arena trap would be sweet but it would also be a BST 620 Dragon with basically a slightly worse version of Shadow Tag. Even without Destiny Bond, Perish Song and crap I kind of seeing there being a push for Ubers. Plus I think that ability is kind of restricted to Pokemon that burrow out of the ground which isn't Flygon's cup of tea anymore. It's conceptually based on the little sinking sand pits antlion lava make around themselves. Adult anlions don't make those traps, only the larva a.k.a. Trapinch (Maybe Arena Trap Mega Excadrill though.. oh god)
This is pure hypothesis, but... if the whole theory about Primal Kyogre and Groudon getting Gen 3-5 Drought/Drizzle is true, perhaps for Mega Flygon they'll give it Gen 3-5 Sand Stream...?
yeah just wishful thinking lel

This is pure hypothesis, but... if the whole theory about Primal Kyogre and Groudon getting Gen 3-5 Drought/Drizzle is true, perhaps for Mega Flygon they'll give it Gen 3-5 Sand Stream...?
Primal Flygon confirmed

uh

Looks pretty compoundeyes-y to me
But yeah Megahorn makes no sense
I actually would have said it the other way around. Flygon's antenna are about as horn like as Scolipede's stingers/antenna, so why not? But it definitely has regular non-compound eyes underneath a protective film that kind of looks like bug eyes and is meant to shield its eyes from sandstorms (like go-goggles.) If anything those eye's aren't really compound but they act more like a lens... with a tint....Another ability that is common for "bug-eyed" monsters.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I think GameFreak's preferred strategy concerning Raichu is pretending it doesn't exist. If they had the opportunity to undo two Pokémon from history, they'd undo Raichu twice. It steals the show from Pikachu in the games, effectively preventing it from getting new formes and Megas and such because it's an NFE. Raichu's existence means that the mascot of Pokémon is a mere transitional stage, that it would have more power/potential if evolved into a different Pokémon. Or, at least is has until now. It seems that they've begun to overlook this fact, and give Pikachu stuff that's usually reserved for fully-evolved Pokémon. As far as GameFreak is concerned, Pikachu is becoming a fully evolved stage of Pichu's evolution line.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Someone mentioned Contests being Mega-centric earlier, but you need to remember that holding a Mega Stone means you can't hold a one of the Contest Scarfs for the first round boost and that you can only MEvo when the Excite Meter has been filled.

Oh wow bit late but new mega evolutions that is ehhh..... cool I guess. Really though I am not a fan of these mega evolutions to be honest.

Mega Altaria looks stupid to me. Altaria on itself I already found a dumb and useless Pokemon but the mega makes it worse because it just looks way too fluffy and sheep like. The only cool thing about it is the new and wierd typing along with Pixalate. Still don't think it is gonna be much special though.

As for Mega Salemence it just looks weird. Like of all the things you could make Mega Salemence they make it a living kite. This thing makes Mantine look good which is pretty stupid. It will probably be really good though because it is Salemence.

Mega Lopunny is about the only decent one out of the new bunch in my opinion. Lopunny now looks like a fitness trainer which is honestly pretty funny. The added Fighting typing along with Scrappy is a nice combination since nothing resist both of those moves. Seems like an improved Kangaskhan in battle to me.

I see some people listing movesets for Mega Altaria that include both a Pixilate-boosted move and a Dragon STAB. In my opinion, having both at the same time sounds...redundant. Fairy already hits Dragon types super effectively, and Dragon only hits...Dragon types for super effective damage. I don't see a real reason to include both tbh, when you can run both EQ and Fire Blast to hit the mons that would otherwise wall you without them. The Dragon typing on Mega Altaria sounds like something that helps it defensively more than offensively.

They could do the design of mega salamence so freaking good! They could make him like a monster dragon but they made him look like an airplane :/

dialganet

Banned deucer.
Yeah, given Pikachu is the all time cover for Pokemon, Raichu will slowly but steadily fall in a pit, unless it'll be given a mega, something I can't see happening before, at least, gen7. Let's give my opinion on these new leaks. Yeah, first of all, watch out for Pikachu, I think a lot of people will use him and his new toys in the first month the games are out, when the online metagame will be infested by megastarters, dancing Pikachu and nuking Kyogre and Groudon. I'm personally breeding a brand new Pichu (never bred the family and I found a Light Ball Pikachu at first encounter, talk about luck) with Lightingrod, as a Light Ball set with Volt Tackle/Icycle Crash/Agility/Volt Switch could see some usage in the online metagame and will eat the ingame battles. It could even be interesting at the battle frontier with something like sleep support to set up (it needs a free turn with those paper-tin defenses, but with an Agility up it could be rather funny to use).

The mega... uhm, I'm not going to fall in the "Life Orb Lucario will hit harder than the Mega" "Pinsir will be good in UU" "Yveltal should be balanced in OU" category, so I'm just gonna say what they bring to the table "if X verifies" with really soft speculation.
Altaria will be, if it gets a sustainable offensive buff (like +30/+35 in both stats), could turn into an unpredictable threat, able to Dragon Dance with godly Ground/Fire/Fairy boosted coverage, use a more bulky approach with Roost, or go completely defensive with Heal Bell and Toxic. I really like its look, as Manectric as become one with Lightning, Altaria will become one with clouds (or cotton, either way)

Lopunny could be an interesting status absorber (bar sleep), with limber becoming his new go-to ability before megaevolving (I'm not brave enough to attempt tanking with cute charm), and Scrappy Facade for Poison and Burn. Either way, without a speed drop and a good attack boost, could end up like as the aforementioned Mega Manectric, good against offensive threats and less against defensive behemots (a good ingame tradeoff), without Intimidate but an interesting array of choices with HJK (which I assume confirmed), SubPunch, Fake Out, the Punches. Her look... let's just say it could be better, but I like the kickboxingesque idea.

Salamence... again, without an offensive drop, we could end obtaining a more balanced Mega Lucario, a mon able to hit hard on both side of the spectrum, with Arealiate ss a terrific ability, with easy access to Trash, Return and Double Edge, with the possible return of Tutors (Hyper Voice might be accessible again), and Intimidate+Dragon Dance. It all depends on the +100 (and possible drops, but speed seems unlikely, given his appearance, the only hindering could be a drop in Attack), but we'll have, in any case, to deal with a 700 BST mon with a free Life Orb boost on 156/180 BP Flying moves (or 135 with Hyper Voice), that has access to an expansive movepool and could regain easy access to Outrage too. I have a great feeling about Mence, and I'm gonna use him regardless, as the original team I owned the Battle Frontier (God if I hope it'll be back) with consisted of Salamence, one of the Lati@s and Metagross. Choosing between Salamence and Metagross as the go to mega could be hard, but luckily Salamence looks really awkward and I don't like him at the moment, even if I appreciate the whole Bagon-flying concept.

Just did some theoretical calcs and Mega-Altaria might not be the perfect Zard counter. It stops Y cold but has some trouble with X. It can't OHKO it with pixilated hyper voice and it can get OHKOd back with Iron Tail

If Tyranitar didn't get perma sand, I see no reason why Flygon would since T-Tar has always been the better/more popular pokemon.

Honestly, giving Flygon sand stream makes the most sense but it wouldn't do much for Flygon. He'd still be outclassed by T-Tar & Garchomp, I don't see a reason any sand team would run Flygon over Tyranitar. It would be better to give it Sand Force for the boost in power as I'm assuming a hypothetical mega Flygon would have a good boost in speed.

I see some people listing movesets for Mega Altaria that include both a Pixilate-boosted move and a Dragon STAB. In my opinion, having both at the same time sounds...redundant. Fairy already hits Dragon types super effectively, and Dragon only hits...Dragon types for super effective damage. I don't see a real reason to include both tbh, when you can run both EQ and Fire Blast to hit the mons that would otherwise wall you without them. The Dragon typing on Mega Altaria sounds like something that helps it defensively more than offensively.
I was thinking about that a little bit too. If M-Ateria is physical then a sp.atk- nature Return and EQ is all you need since the 3 Fairy resisting types are all EQ weak. It basically just leaves skarm, talonflame, non-x-cahrizard etc as the things that resist you. If M-Alereis is special then there's some utility to getting your dual STAB since you now have a better move to hit Poisons types and a WAY better move to hit Fire types.

Basically if we're gonna assume Alteria is getting equal boosts in both offenses based on the corocoro translation then offensive Alteria is almost definitely gonna be best sticking physical (what with dragon dance) and cleaner coverage from just two moves. That gives it the freedom to pick up it's dual stab for levitating/flying fire and poison types or tack on roost or one of its unique support moves.

But if Alteria is gonna be a special wall or something then (again assuming even offense boosts) it might be best sticking with Hyper Voice as a mono-attack. Just a sort of all around powerful STAB that helps it deal with enemies that try to out stall it from behind subs and stuff.

Either way, Dragon is actually not that great of an offensive type. It's actually pretty similar to Normal type, we just are all used to seeing it so much becasue it's STAB on many of the most powerful Pokemon stat-wise. Alteria offensive Fairy attacks aren't complimented that well by the coverage Dragon provides, so yeah, there's not many strong reasons to put a Dragon attack on a Mega Alteria.

I was thinking about that a little bit too. If M-Ateria is physical then a sp.atk- nature Return and EQ is all you need since the 3 Fairy resisting types are all EQ weak. It basically just leaves skarm, talonflame, non-x-cahrizard etc as the things that resist you. If M-Alereis is special then there's some utility to getting your dual STAB since you now have a better move to hit Poisons types and a WAY better move to hit Fire types.

Basically if we're gonna assume Alteria is getting equal boosts in both offenses based on the corocoro translation then offensive Alteria is almost definitely gonna be best sticking physical (what with dragon dance) and cleaner coverage from just two moves. That gives it the freedom to pick up it's dual stab for levitating/flying fire and poison types or tack on roost or one of its unique support moves.

But if Alteria is gonna be a special wall or something then (again assuming even offense boosts) it might be best sticking with Hyper Voice as a mono-attack. Just a sort of all around powerful STAB that helps it deal with enemies that try to out stall it from behind subs and stuff.

Either way, Dragon is actually not that great of an offensive type. It's actually pretty similar to Normal type, we just are all used to seeing it so much becasue it's STAB on many of the most powerful Pokemon stat-wise. Alteria offensive Fairy attacks aren't complimented that well by the coverage Dragon provides, so yeah, there's not many strong reasons to put a Dragon attack on a Mega Alteria.
I will add too (something I just realized) that the only use of its Dragon STAB is to hit Mega Zard X for super effective STAB damage, and to hit Mega Zard Y reliably. It's funny, too, since Mega Altaria (theoretically) walls both of them anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)