Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

babaGAReeb

Banned deucer.
am i the only one who thinks mega salamence looks weird? dem wings...

dosent look much liek a dragon

also redundant abilities

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't suggesting the presence of Scrappy HJKs alone would counter Aegis, but a big argument for anti-bans is that checks, even soft checks for aegis are very very common, and if there were even more, like Lopunny and Swampert, maybe it'd be worth looking into.

Really, that's the only reason I can think Lopunny could be OU. The main other ghost outspeeds and destroys it, so scrappy would pretty much suck.
Lopunny only needs a +10 boost to speed to outspeed all ghosts in the game (bar lol Choice Scarf Gengar), and looking at her design such a boost is unlikely to not happen

Unfortunately the only boosting move Lopunny gets is Agility, so I'd say it won't be sweeping much in OU, but we'll have to see. Really excited about Lop, gonna be at least UU to me, which will ruin Absol's day, considering it only needs a +10 or 20 speed boost to outspeed and KO with HJK. Non-Scarf Hydreigon will have some trouble too. But this is all theorymon-ing, and I'm not sure if this is on topic so maybe we should stop with this topic.

Unfortunately the only boosting move Lopunny gets is Agility, so I'd say it won't be sweeping much in OU, but we'll have to see. Really excited about Lop, gonna be at least UU to me, which will ruin Absol's day, considering it only needs a +10 or 20 speed boost to outspeed and KO with HJK. Non-Scarf Hydreigon will have some trouble too. But this is all theorymon-ing, and I'm not sure if this is on topic so maybe we should stop with this topic.
It also gets Cosmic Power and Power Up Punch as boosting moves, funny enough getting STAB with PP Punch.

Personally, I'd use Mega Lopunny as a late game sweeper. It's frail for one thing but if they put the majority of those 100 points into Attack and Speed, it could clean up whats left of the competition. Besides, not being in OU isn't a bad thing. I mean, regular Lopunny is D-rank in NU currently (it pains me to say that :( ). I could see it jumping up a tier or two. It'd have competition for the mega slot with Mega Houndoom in UU. If it even gets 15+ into speed, it could be a decent soft check to it.
This is all really premature. We don't know what any of these Pokemon's BST will be, or what moves they're going to get. We do know that the new games will bring with them new move tutors, and these could mean just about anything for Lopunny, as well as the extended metagame. Even -after- X and Y were released, and we were aware of what moves the megas had available to them, and what their BSTs would be, our collective predictions regarding the new megas turned out to be hideously and hilariously incorrect. Mega Blastoise was supposed to be OU's premier spinner. Mega Kangaskhan was supposed to be lucky to get a look in in UU. Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross were supposed to be no good (in Heracross' case -worse- than its base form).

This is all really premature. We don't know what any of these Pokemon's BST will be, or what moves they're going to get. We do know that the new games will bring with them new move tutors, and these could mean just about anything for Lopunny, as well as the extended metagame. Even -after- X and Y were released, and we were aware of what moves the megas had available to them, and what their BSTs would be, our collective predictions regarding the new megas turned out to be hideously and hilariously incorrect. Mega Blastoise was supposed to be OU's premier spinner. Mega Kangaskhan was supposed to be lucky to get a look in in UU. Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross were supposed to be no good (in Heracross' case -worse- than its base form).
Yes, it's 100% true we need to take all of this with a grain of salt. But there's a middle ground here too. Right after X and Y came out there was a HUGE plethora of new Pokemon and Megas all settling into the new metagame, new moves, game mecahnics, even a new type. And a lot of these cruddy predictions are based on things we knew nothing about like how ridiculous Aerilate makes Quick Attack, the mechanics of Parental Bond, or the fact that hazard removal would end up working VERY differently. Now we're looks at a far more realized game environment. It's true we don't know where exactly these base stats will fall but we also have a big list of megas we can look at to see what the trends are like. There are just so many MORE knowns we can use to educate our guesses now.

So yeah we can't say anything for sure about any of these guys. Maybe there's a feature to Mega Alteria and the current metagame I'm totally over looking and it will actually have non-niche use as a Mega Dragon Dancer over Charizard X and Salamance. Or maybe Loppuny will get some unexpected new moves that will make it even more pro than we think it's gonna be. But it's also not really that unreasonable to guess something like: "It's very rare a mega get's more than a 50 stat boost in one stat tops, so I doubt Mega Loppuny is will be have an atk stat much higher than 120. By current OU standards thats kind of low for a Pokemon that's fast and moderately frail, especially without a hold item. I could get more reliable and equally or more powerfule Fighting moves form A,B and C, or something else just as speedy but more deadly from D,E, or F. And while it will likely have really good speed it there is a ton of priority with a little bit too much base power (the scariest and most common hitting Loppuny SE). Still I don't see that much holding it back in UU at all."

Anyway what I'm getting at is. Yeah, there are a lot of unknowns still, but there are also way way more knows about pretty much everything else in the game... so we could all be wrong guessing but I also bet our guesses are gonna hit the mark a little closer than someone who thought Mega Kanga was gonna be passable in UU before they even knew what the 6th gen environment would be like, or how Parental Bond works, or even that Kanga learns the new move Power Up-Punch that they hadn't heard of.

tl;dr yeah we don't know but our guesses probably hit the mark much closer than stuff from before we even knew what most of 6th gen is like.

Last edited:
True. It's a bit too early to speculate. And who knows, maybe it'll end up in OU or wind up back in NU. But I think it is safe to assume Lopunny's new role will score it some more usage than what it is currently seeing.

Though should we get mega evos before post game, it'd be a good in-game mega to take on the Elite Four. Sydney, Glacia, and Phoebe aren't safe against it and Steven's steel types wouldn't appreciate a HJk to the face.

Last edited:
Couldn't help but notice that the Salamence and Altaria in the new contest artwork weren't wearing any accessories. Please let that only be because they wanted to play up Pikachu-C's role in contests with plans to discuss accessories at a later time.

I want my fancy parasols and santa beards, god dammit.

The only problem I see with Salamence design-wise is that it still looks a bit goofy. I've always thought Mence, not Dragonite, was the goofiest looking dragon. It just looks so chubby & playful with a face that looks like it wants to look tough but doesn't. And it's wings don't look very practical. In base form they're small & have no bone definition unlike Charizard or Dragonite. They almost seem as if they're pure membrane. I wish the designers put a little more detail in Salamence's wings. The mega still lacks that. It's wings are huge like Aerodactyl's but unlike Aerodactyl it doesn't look like it can flap them, just glide.

Couldn't help but notice that the Salamence and Altaria in the new contest artwork weren't wearing any accessories. Please let that only be because they wanted to play up Pikachu-C's role in contests with plans to discuss accessories at a later time.

I want my fancy parasols and santa beards, god dammit.
If there is one thing I want from the newer contests, it's dressing up our mons. But since this is 3D and not sprites like the contest accessories were in the past, they'd have to remodel each outfit for each pokemon to make it fit right. Hopefully there are some options available.

If there is one thing I want from the newer contests, it's dressing up our mons. But since this is 3D and not sprites like the contest accessories were in the past, they'd have to remodel each outfit for each pokemon to make it fit right. Hopefully there are some options available.
I really don't believe there'll be clothing customization for any other Pokémon. The problem here is the same problem with 3D Pokémon walking behind you. It's way easier with sprites, but if they don't do EVERY single curve and movement of the clothing, people will attack the game and say how much it sucks because of that small flaw. I believe they'll prefer to play it safe and not include clothing. Pikachu is different. Is was elected to be the mascot of the franchising, and I'm really happy to see how much it's getting now, since I love it, and I've always been using Raichu to battle.

People were also wondering if other Pokémon would get their voices when the Amie trailer with Pikachu speaking was released. So, no clothes for Pokémon. Hoenn contests were never about clothing, they were always about performing smartly. This supposedly battle mode, though, would be really nice.

I don't like the fact that you can MEvo in the contests, since my best Contest Pokémon is my Girafarig, and I do hope old time champions are recognised as such when they attempt to enter a new Hoenn contest. My Girafarig has that full ribbon that sums everything up to Master Rank together, and I really hope they'll do something with it.

btw, I'm happy the Effort Ribbon will be back. I like it.

I really don't believe there'll be clothing customization for any other Pokémon. The problem here is the same problem with 3D Pokémon walking behind you. It's way easier with sprites, but if they don't do EVERY single curve and movement of the clothing, people will attack the game and say how much it sucks because of that small flaw. I believe they'll prefer to play it safe and not include clothing. Pikachu is different. Is was elected to be the mascot of the franchising, and I'm really happy to see how much it's getting now, since I love it, and I've always been using Raichu to battle.

People were also wondering if other Pokémon would get their voices when the Amie trailer with Pikachu speaking was released. So, no clothes for Pokémon. Hoenn contests were never about clothing, they were always about performing smartly. This supposedly battle mode, though, would be really nice.

I don't like the fact that you can MEvo in the contests, since my best Contest Pokémon is my Girafarig, and I do hope old time champions are recognised as such when they attempt to enter a new Hoenn contest. My Girafarig has that full ribbon that sums everything up to Master Rank together, and I really hope they'll do something with it.

Pretty much. Modeling is not as quick and simple as creating a pixilated object.

The mega thing seems a bit unfair in my opinion. But...BUT, its main purpose is to reap the benefits of maximizing the excite bar which you'd have to raise by yourself in non-mega form. If the opponent has a mega, you'd want to get those extra points before the mega did. If it has online functionality, it'd be interesting to see what strategies could come out of this for both mega and non mega pokemon.

Pretty much. Modeling is not as quick and simple as creating a pixilated object.

The mega thing seems a bit unfair in my opinion. But...BUT, its main purpose is to reap the benefits of maximizing the excite bar which you'd have to raise by yourself in non-mega form. If the opponent has a mega, you'd want to get those extra points before the mega did. If it has online functionality, it'd be interesting to see what strategies could come out of this for both mega and non mega pokemon.
Lies.
This is why other pokemon should/could (theoretically) only get accessories. Pieces of fluff and jewelry, instead of full-fledged costumes. There are programming tricks to getting an accessory to line up nicely in a Pokemon's hand/on their waist/on top of their head/etc, similarly to how dress-up worked in musicals back in BW.

Really, I loved the emphasis put on the appeal stage of super contests put on by accessories in DPPt. Having the ability to influence your appeal score beyond a Pokemon's sheen was an intelligent move, and I'd like to see it make a return.

If I'm remembering the E3 trailer for this game correctly, then I think that when you Primally De-evolve Groudon or Kyogre, you might only need to take them to a certain cave, perhaps holding a certain item. After you de-evolve them, then maybe you could give them any item you want. I really hope GF does that.

If I'm remembering the E3 trailer for this game correctly, then I think that when you Primally De-evolve Groudon or Kyogre, you might only need to take them to a certain cave, perhaps holding a certain item. After you de-evolve them, then maybe you could give them any item you want. I really hope GF does that.
If it's a form, instead of a Mega Evolution (what I really don't believe), then Specs Primeval Kyogre would be stupidly strong.

I don't think Gamefreak will ever do that...

Online contests would be amazing and would probably give rise to a whole new metagame, and as much as I'd like for it to be true... wouldn't they have mentioned it by now? Especially considering how much their advertising has been focusing on contests. Online functionality isn't the kind of thing you hold off until release, it's something you'd mention fairly early for advertising purposes, since letting people know they'll be able to compete in contests online would generate even more hype.

Also, I'm kinda disappointed with Coro Coro. I mean, since they promised a mega evolution scoop, they could at least give us 4 new ME to complete the circle instead of three and "guys that's how you evolve Milotic"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)