Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's a special in-game event Pikachu, like the Spiky-Eared Pichu. So I bet it's not breedable and not able to evolve.

Source
Pichu couldn't breed because it was a baby. Cosplay Pikachu probably CAN breed just fine, but the result will be a Pichu that evolves into a normal Pikachu complete with the ability to evolve into Raichu. Like the Fancy and Poke Ball pattern Vivillon.

Just woke up. Happy to see the new trailer and more information of the stat distribution for these megas. So pokebeach kinda mistranslated by say lopunny gets the Atk Sp.Atk boost and not Altaria. Good to see that's more clear. I can't wait to see the final spread. Hoping for something like 65/156/84/54/96/125. Though some points might got it's defenses.

Just woke up. Happy to see the new trailer and more information of the stat distribution for these megas. So pokebeach kinda mistranslated by say lopunny gets the Atk Sp.Atk boost and not Altaria. Good to see that's more clear. I can't wait to see the final spread. Hoping for something like 65/156/84/54/96/125. Though some points might got it's defenses.
>>>+70 attack
What

Personally I'd just be hoping for +50 attack, +25 Speed, +10 Defence and +15 Special Defence.

...megasala loses a defensive ability and gains defensive stats, while gaining an offense ability but not increasing offensive stats.

I'd assume this info is incomplete, but troll freak is perfectly capable of this sort of cantankerous skullduggery.

Well it does to be usable over Dragonite and Zard-X but yeah k
We should keep in mind that being outclassed - especially in Salamence's case - doesn't mean it's uneffective, just that there are other pokémon that perform the same role even more effectively. Moxie, Dragon Dance and solid stats is pretty scary as it is. The rise in popularity generated by Salamence getting a ME is going to make it a more common sight beginning now (just as there are people breeding Swablu and Pikachu out of hype, there'll be some - like me =x - using salamence for the same reason), and once it's ME is available, Salamence might get two additional roles (for the following predictions I'm assuming some if not all of its stats will see a slight increase and its Defense a huge increase): in addition to being a moxie Dragon Dancer in its base form, Salamence might be able to run a more defensively orientated set or give Dragonite a run for its money as a bulky Dragon Dancer in its mega form (Multiscale is hard to beat regardless of Intimidate on the first turn and increased defense, but Mega Mence will have more speed and damage output while still retaining good bulk, so who knows).

...megasala loses a defensive ability and gains defensive stats, while gaining an offense ability but not increasing offensive stats.

I'd assume this info is incomplete, but troll freak is perfectly capable of this sort of cantankerous skullduggery.
The defense increase is great. Again, this will make Mega Salamence something else than just a better Salamence without Moxie/held item. And we shouldn't forget that 135 Atk and Aerilate (what is guaranteed for now) is putting dents everywhere and things can only get better.

... m-mega slowbro confirmed?
PLEASE! And they'd better not leave Slowking out! (I know that on the off chance of us getting a Mega Slowbro Slowking will be left out T-T)

And Regenerator, PLEASE let it keep regenerator.

Well remember, Intimidate pretty much is useless after the first turn, so I wouldn't want even the most defensive Mega to keep it.

The rise in popularity generated by Salamence getting a ME is going to make it a more common sight beginning now
If you really think Salamence isn't used because it's not popular enough, you're sorely mistaken. Dragonite and Charizard-X done everything it could do a thousand times better; if you're playing competitively and you're using Salamence over one of them, you're making a big mistake. It NEEDED this Mega to set it apart.

120 = Base 85 + LO

Unless it gets +80(Base 109 + LO) it won't be worth it and yes +20 speed would be pefect.
At the same time... Base 128 Attack is enough for Scarfed Terrakion to wreck.

well now I feel slightly better about M-Salamence in that it doesn't lose its front legs when mega evolving; it just tucks them in. It still looks kinda stupid though. Why doesn't it do that with the back legs too?

If you really think Salamence isn't used because it's not popular enough, you're sorely mistaken. Dragonite and Charizard-X done everything it could do a thousand times better; if you're playing competitively and you're using Salamence over one of them, you're making a big mistake. It NEEDED this Mega to set it apart.
I know, but that wasn't really my point. I just said that A) even though Salamence is outclassed (a thousand times better is an overstatement in my opinion, but the two you mentioned are unarguably better), it's still usable and even dangerous. It's BL, which means not even UU can handle it. And B) in spite of being outclassed, the sole fact of getting a mega adds to a pokemon's popularity, so more people will be willing to give a team slot to salamence even though they know they'd be better off using Nite/Zard-X.

But other than that we're on the same page: a mega evolution will probably make Salamence much more viable.

There's another noteworthy update in the official website. We get to look at some of the new Hoenn dex numbers!

First comes Milotic, which was moved from #141 (RSE) to #146 (ORAS). That means there's 5 new Pokémon added to the dex: Gallade, Probopass, Magnezone, Budew, and Roserade. I'm guessing Buneary and Lopunny are introduced early, so you can evolve by friendship by the time you face Norman.

Then there's Pikachu, its dex number used to be #156, but it's now #163. It's displaced by 7, so that's 2 more Pokémon (most likely Chingling and Dusknoir).

Finally, Salamence's dex number changed from #189 to #198. That's 9 new Pokémon in total added to the new Hoenn dex. The remaining 2 should be Froslass and Rhyperior.

Edit: thanks Kurona for poining out I forgot to count!

Last edited:
There's another noteworthy update in the official website. We get to look at some of the new Hoenn dex numbers!

First comes Milotic, which was moved from #140 (RSE) to #146 (ORAS). That means there's 6 new Pokémon added to the dex. 3 of them should Gallade, Probopass, and Magnezone. I'm guessing Buneary and Lopunny are introduced early, so you can evolve by friendship by the time you face Norman.

Then there's Pikachu, its dex number used to be #156, but it's now #163. It's displaced by 7, so that's 1 more Pokémon (most likely Dusknoir).

Finally, Salamence's dex number changed from #189 to #198. That's 8 new Pokémon in total added to the new Hoenn dex, unless there's more after Salamence's entry. However, here's were things don't add up. Remember we already added 7 Pokémon (Gallade, Probopass, Magnezone, Dusknoir, and 3 others) by the time we reach Pikachu's dex entry? After Pikachu we should see Rhyperior and Froslass, but there's only one spot left. There are 3 possibilites:
  1. Not all Gen IV evolutions are in the Hoenn dex.
  2. One or more Pokémon from the original Hoenn dex were removed.
  3. The Hoenn dex receives an extreme rearrangement.
Or you just counted wrong.
Because that's 9 new Pokémon. Not 8.
9 is the exact number of new evolutionary relatives for Hoenn Pokémon introduced in Gen 4.
And all the spots match up.

First comes Milotic, which was moved from #140 (RSE) to #146 (ORAS). That means there's 6 new Pokémon added to the dex. 3 of them should Gallade, Probopass, and Magnezone. I'm guessing Buneary and Lopunny are introduced early, so you can evolve by friendship by the time you face Norman.

Then there's Pikachu, its dex number used to be #156, but it's now #163. It's displaced by 7, so that's 1 more Pokémon (most likely Dusknoir).

Finally, Salamence's dex number changed from #189 to #198. That's 8 new Pokémon in total added to the new Hoenn dex, unless there's more after Salamence's entry. However, here's were things don't add up. Remember we already added 7 Pokémon (Gallade, Probopass, Magnezone, Dusknoir, and 3 others) by the time we reach Pikachu's dex entry? After Pikachu we should see Rhyperior and Froslass, but there's only one spot left. There are 3 possibilites:
  1. Not all Gen IV evolutions are in the Hoenn dex.
  2. One or more Pokémon from the original Hoenn dex were removed.
  3. The Hoenn dex receives an extreme rearrangement.
Milotic is 141, not 140, and 198-189 is 9. I made the same mistake.
As I said in the hoenn 2.0 thread, the one's between Linoone and Milotic are likely Gallade, Probopass, Magnezone, Budew and Roserade. Between Milotic and Pikachu is Dusclops and Chingling, and between Pikachu and Salamence there's room for both Froslass and rhyperior.

No Buneary, unless it's been placed after Metagross or something.

Edit: Ninja'd

You're both right. I forgot about the babies and left out Roserade. So no Buneary/Lopunny for the main storyline, unless the new Pokémon are placed at the end of the dex, like they did in Platinum.

I'm glad we got slightly more in depth stat upgrade details on these 3. They actually hadn't said ANYTHING in the corocoro about Loppuny. But it's REALLY great to know that it sounds like she's getting those stats exactly where she needs it given her new typing and ability (maybe OU after all, but also maybe that's too hopeful still, fingers crossed)

They could have given us one more stat on Salamence... Still I guess this just gives us an even stronger idea of just how much it's gonna be a defense increase. I still can't imagine it won't get a few points in speed and offense in addition to a massive defense boost. (as long as it doesn't go the M-Chomp route and actually lose speed) Honestly this might mean it could have some other interesting roles it could fill besides just killing your enemy out right with Dragon Dances.

Alteria, I'm pleased they're talking about it's defense now too. they didn't mention sp.def but it's s.def is naturally higher so it'll probably end up with very rounded stats. Like if you put the bigger boosts in atk and sp.atk then the next biggest in def and a little bost the rest then it'll end up with atk/def/sp.atk and sp.def all right around the same level of like 110-120 with a speed just a little lower. Anyway I'm glad to see that the deffensive stat get some attention since I think they were necessary to make M-Aletria more unique as a mega dragon. This also means even better Charizard X countering powers which everyone appreciates. I think the very rounded deffenses of 75/120ish/120ish is more than enough to make a great wall once invested and it'll certainly still have enough offenses to warrant at least trying out the DD sets.
Regarding Lopunny, I think it'll come down to what the move tutors make available to it. It has definite potential between what is likely to be a blistering speed and a pretty usable attack, but its move pool is fairly limited at the moment, and even with a sizeable attack boost, its damage is still not going to be fantastic unboosted without items.

Altaria looks like it could potentially play a lot of roles, and which it plays best will depend on the exact stat distribution. 110-100-110-115-80 would make for a pretty scary DDer, between 156 BP STAB fairy attacks (to put it in perspective, this is only slightly weaker than CB Azumarill's Play Rough -before- a dragon dance), the ability to run Pixelate Facade in case anybody tries to cripple it with burns, and excellent special coverage, as well as the ability to (unreliably) put counters to sleep. It could also still make a pretty good tank, and could run decent supporting sets. Suffers from 4MSS, but gains a lot of unpredictability.

Course, it's all speculative.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Even though it was obvious she was going to use Mega Altaria, but Lisia has her key stone located in her hair ribbon when zoomed in. I wonder if that means you do get Altarite/Altarialite/etc from her eventually at the end of win it from her by winning a Master Contest. As much as I dread the idea of needing to do contests for mega stones, it does give me more incentive to do them aside from my obsession for ribbon whoring and getting a trainer star.

As for the hordes, I did not expect the grunts would be intelligent enough to jump rush our asses. The idea of that Poochyena horde will suck because going by X/Y level-up pool info, all those puppies will still have Sand Attack at their disposal. ;_;

Ugh i spent the hell of breeding a flawless adamant volttackle pikachu only to get curbed by trollfreak on a specific cosplay pikachu...DAMMIT i wanted to use adamant volt tackle pikabell...trollfreak...

No, it's a special in-game event Pikachu, like the Spiky-Eared Pichu. So I bet it's not breedable and not able to evolve.
Source
Oh, thank you, last time I knew it was all speculation still, but not anymore I guess. This reads like it's not strictly an event Pikachu though. It's a special Pikachu you only get one of per file but it's not based on real life events or downloads or anything. Also that clears up that only black tipped Pikachu cosplays so we know there will be tons of soft resetting involved for getting the good Icicle Crash using-Chu (that also probably won't have Volt tackle = =)
Even though it was obvious she was going to use Mega Altaria, but Lisia has her key stone located in her hair ribbon when zoomed in. I wonder if that means you do get Altarite/Altarialite/etc from her eventually at the end of win it from her by winning a Master Contest. As much as I dread the idea of needing to do contests for mega stones, it does give me more incentive to do them aside from my obsession for ribbon whoring and getting a trainer star.
This is a really good guess about Altarialite. Of course as long as they aren't too personified and filled with ridiculously stupid mustaches and top hats contest are gonna be worth doing just for the fun anyway! lol I really hope they keep that contest hall of fame.

As for the hordes, I did not expect the grunts would be intelligent enough to jump rush our asses. The idea of that Poochyena horde will suck because going by X/Y level-up pool info, all those puppies will still have Sand Attack at their disposal. ;_;
Eww, it was bad enough when you could run from the annoying Scraggy hordes in X/Y. Looks like it's time to rev up those Swift Crobats.

Regarding Lopunny, I think it'll come down to what the move tutors make available to it. It has definite potential between what is likely to be a blistering speed and a pretty usable attack, but its move pool is fairly limited at the moment, and even with a sizeable attack boost, its damage is still not going to be fantastic unboosted without items.
Yeah, even +50 atk leaves it's attack stat just a little underwhelming by many current standards. As many people have been saying. But I disagree on the movepool part. The main thing Loppuny was missing pre-ORAS was one powerful fighting type attack for her to take advantage of the new STAB. But we already know she's getting High Jump Kick (the most spamalbe HJK in the game). After that she's already set with Return (or other typical Normal STAB), Fake Out (or Quick Attack) to help with revenge killing and bypassing some slower priority users in specific situations, and she has the elemental punches if you want extra SE coverage (but as many have said she already has perfect neutral coverage on the entire game with just STAB) And then to top off HJK, Return, Fake Out/Quick Attack, and Elemental Punch offensive options it also has a a TON of crazy support options like Healing Wish, Heal Bell, Encore, Mirror Coat, etc. With a speed stat of above 105, an offensive pokemon with encore could actually be REALLY potent. switching into something as it sets up, Encoring it, then proceed to HJK the switch in. Mirror Coat can make it an anti lead, Healing Wish is just a weird and rare move general.
Tutors can make it better for sure, but Loppuny is not lacking in offensive coverage or support options by a long shot so she's deffinitly not depending on tutors to be able to abuse all the new boons of her mega stone.

Last edited:
I'm looking at Lopunny's movepool and I think it'll be a neat mega.

Scrappy Normal/Fighting is perfect neutral coverage, it doesn't really need to bother with coverage moves (unless it wants to hit something particularly hard) so it can use its support movepool really well... it has some really nice moves: Encore, Magic Coat, HEALING WISH, Thunder Wave, Baton Pass, and Heal Bell are all pretty cool.

It could do a set of Return/HJK|Focus Punch/Baton Pass/Substitute. Force a switch or block a status move, set-up sub and either attack whatever comes up or just pass the sub to a teammate. AgilityPass also cool. A set of Return/HJK/Healing Wish/[some other support move or maybe Ice Punch] would also work, do some damage and if you get in a tight spot just Healing Wish and rejuvenate a teammate.

Altaria could be really, really good. Fairy/Dragon is a ridiculously good defensive typing. I don't care how its offenses go, I just hope its defenses get a nice boost.

I really can't wait to see the stats of these megas.

Last edited:
Design-wise, I wasn't particularly impressed with any of these three initially. Mega-Lopunny's design is uninspiring imo. Not much to say about that.

Mega-Altaria was initially off-putting b/c it seemed like the cotton-like feathers really overwhelmed everything else. It's grown on me after seeing it in action. I like the fact that tail has a star-shaped design instead of just being a shapeless blob like it looked in the CoroCoro scans. I'm still on too keen on the cotton/clouds on its head. I think it would have been better to take the expand upon the feather design it had in it's non-Mega form.

I read somewhere else where someone likened Mega-Salamence's design to sperm with wings. I have to say, with its arms/legs tucked in the way it is and it's head sticking out the way it is, and especially with the design of its tail, I totally see it. This is especially true for me when looking at its official artwork. It's just something I can't unsee now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)