Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge: 2.0

Some of you might remember The Gauntlet Challenge from waaaay back in 2012. Well, I'm bringing it back, with new and improved instructions and rules that hopefully won't confuse the shit out of everyone this time.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!
Seriosuly people, Gauntlets get HARD and get hard FAST. If you want your Gauntlet to be doable, only request a few Full Rules and make sure they're in your difficulty range before accepting them! 4 Full Rules is the absolute maximum you really should be considering, and even that many can be really, really hard! You CAN take more, but it will be the biggest in-game challenge of your Pokemon career.

Basic Info

A Gauntlet Challenge is a challenge that's a hybrid of pretty much every In-Game challenge you can imagine. Basically, the way it works is that you make a post here requesting that other people set a number of rules (number determined by the requester) for a playthrough in a game of your choice. Each person can give you up to two rules per a run, in order to get a variety of restrictions that will make your playthrough unique. Rules can consist of almost anything you can think of, from limiting Pokemon center visits, to restricting Pokemon access to forcing you to beat the champion with NFE pokemon. Once you have received the number of rules you asked for, you can start your Gauntlet.

There are two types of rules people can give you. There are Full Rules which are conditions that last the whole game and Event Rules which are rules tied to an area, trainer or certain interval in the story (ie between the first and second gym badges). Each person contributing to your gauntlet can give up to two rules of either type or one of both. Generally, when requesting a gauntlet you'll want to limit yourself to a maximum of 4 Full Rules, and a maximum of 10 Event Rules. More than that and things get exponentially harder and more complicated than most people would want. That being said, if you're feeling crazy, you can have as many Challenges in your run as you want.

Thread Rules:

1. Request posts requirements: When making a request post, you must specify which game you are playing, at what point your challenge ends, and how many of each type of rule (full and event) you want for your run.
2. On rejecting rules: You can list a set of personal restrictions on rules (including a difficulty level for your run) for people giving you rules, and reject rules that violate your restrictions. However these restrictions must be set BEFORE you begin accepting rules. You can also reject or request changes to rules that you feel fall well out of your requested difficulty, and rules that conflict with other rules you have already received. You can also reject rules that usually would fall within your difficulty restriction, but compound with another rule in such a way that it exceeds your difficulty restriction.
3. List accepted rules: You MUST keep track of rules that are given to you in your request post. Either quote the rules, link to them or copy paste them. This is so people can easily find the rules given to you already so they can avoid giving conflicting or compounding rules.
4. Rule limits: When giving out rules, you can only give out TWO rules per a run you're contributing to. Make sure that your rules (full rules in particular) are just ONE rule, not two or more related rules. See the definition paragraph for Full Rules below for examples if you need them. There are no limits on how many rules you can request. For gauntlets requesting large numbers of rules or for gauntlets that are filling very slowly, the runner can increase the limit from 2 to 3 rules if they want to.
5. No requesting Pokemon: That's what the Scramble Challange is for. Givers can give Full Rules that force the use of specific Pokemon though; runners just can't ask for these types of rules. If you want to do a hybrid scramble-gauntlet, you can do so by making posts on both threads, requesting rules here and Pokemon on the Scramble Challange thread.
6. Stay on Topic: Discussion in the thread is to be kept to giving, receiving and discussing gauntlets. Updates are allowed and encouraged, but be sure to stay on topic.
Bonus! Read the tips section: Not actually a rule, but it's highly recommended you read the tips section below, or at least the sections that relate to what you're doing on the thread. They'll help you to make better rules and get a better gauntlet for yourself. Gauntlets have a tendency to get out of hand in terms of difficulty very quickly, and reading the tips section will help you avoid biting off more than you can chew, or giving someone a bad rule.

Unfilled Gauntlet List:

This is a list of links to Gauntlets that still need challenges! Remember that these request posts might not be up to date, so be sure to check for new challenges that've been posted since they were last updated when giving your own.

Seraphinu's Gauntlet
Sunny004's Gauntlet
Extra Info:

Here I'm going to go into some more specific info for those who still have questions about aspects of how the challenge works.

Tips:

Gauntlet set-up:

If you want your Gauntlet run to actually be entertaining and not a drag, be discerning in what rules you accept. When considering a rule, think about what it'd actually take to follow it, especially in conjunction with other rules you've already accepted. If it seems to you that it'd exceed your desired difficulty level or be more monotonous than you're wiling to handle, then don't be afraid to ask the rule giver to make changes, or reject it altogether if the rule can't be modified enough to fit. If you're not discerning you could very easily end up with a gauntlet run that you won't want to complete!

Full Rules are the primary contributors to the difficulty of a Gauntlet challenge. Even Full Rules that are low difficulty on their own can add up to a very high level of difficulty when combined with other Full Rules. Because of this, it is highly recommended not to exceed more than 4 Full Rules per a run. Even 4 can produce an exceptionally difficult run (just see Deinosaur 's Let's play thread for proof!)

Giving Rules:

When giving out a rule after other rules have already been given to the same run, it can be very easy to have them accidentally overlap with other rules in ways that either make them impossible or obscenely difficult. Before you give out a rule, always read the rules that have already been accepted for the run you're making them for, and think about how they'd interact with your rule. Think about what you'd do if you had that set of rules. If you don't do this, you might very well end up having your rule rejected due to unforeseen interactions.

It can be a bit fuzzy sometimes when a rule is just one rule, and when it's multiple rules. When it comes to Event Rules, we can make a pretty cut and dry definition; if it applies to only one area, trainer, or part of the story, it's one rule. It doesn't really matter how many stipulations on this part of the run there are, so long as its limited to a single event. Full Rules are a little bit trickier. Sometimes Full Rules can have extra stipulations attached without becoming multiple challenges. Usually this is to close loopholes, clarify ambiguous aspects of the rule, or to prevent problems from arising from the rule. However, if the extra bit could stand on its own as a rule by itself, you're probably giving two rules and not one. It can be a bit subjective some times, so the ultimate call on whether a rule counts as more than one rule comes down to the person receiving the rule.

More to come later if needed!

Definitions:

A gauntlet is used to refer to the runs put together in this thread. It's recommended you use "Gauntlet" to refer to these runs and not "challenge", in order to avoid confusion with the other terms used in this thread.

A "Runner" is someone who is doing a Gauntlet Challenge, as in they are doing a "run" of the game they are playing.

Someone who is giving out rules to a runner.

A Full Rule is a rule that applies to the entire play through. For example, the Nuzlocke condition where if a Pokemon faints, it's dead, would count as a Full Rule. Other examples would be things like not being allowed to use Pokemon centers, not being able to use STAB moves, not being able to use certain types of Pokemon, and so on. The trick when coming up with a Full Rules is making sure it's just ONE Full Rule, and not two. For example, a rule that says that you must only use STAB moves when facing Water-types is one rule, but a rule that says you must only use STAB moves against Water-types, and that you can't switch out when facing Water types is two related rules. Be aware of this so you don't break the two challenges per a run rule!

An Event Rule is a challenge that is temporary. You can think of them like hurdles in a race. They're usually centered around a specific battle or area. For example, a rule that has you battle Lance without using any Ice-type moves is an event rule. Event rules can be also be tied to an area (ex. don't use any healing items or leave to go to a Pokemon center when going through Victory road), or to a period in the game (ex. don't use a Pokemon center between the 3rd and 4th badges). Event rules can be more complex than Full Rules without becoming multiple challenges, but try not to make them overly complex nonetheless.

EDIT: Changed terminology as I finally clued into the fact that using "challenge" to refer to what people were giving was confusing as all hell. "Challenges" have been replaced by "Rules", which I feel make a lot more intuitive sense.

Last edited:
I'll do a Emerald run of this with 3 challenges. I must not have any restrictions involving Pokemon Centers. I will take any event challenges and most rule challenges, as well as being forced to use a specific Pokemon species(only one of the previous, though).

I'll do a Emerald run of this with 3 challenges. I must not have any restrictions involving Pokemon Centers. I will take any event challenges and most rule challenges, as well as being forced to use a specific Pokemon species(only one of the previous, though).
How about going for a mono-water team?

Birdcrest, you should specify how many of EACH type you want, not the whole number of challenges total. If you just get 3 event challenges it won't be a very different run than normal you know? Also 3 total challenges is pretty light. You might want to increase that number if you don't want it to be a really vanilla run. But if that's what you want that's fine too.

That being said, I'll still give you a couple challenges, one of each type. It'll make for some good examples for people to work off of :P

Rule Challenge: You cannot buy anything with standard money by any means. You can buy items with Game Corner coins, but you cannot buy Game Corner coins themselves. You'll have to live off the land so to speak :P

Event Challenge: Once you surf across the water on route 118 (east of Mauville City), you must head directly to Fortree City, and cannot go back to any previously visited area until after you make it there. This includes leaving to heal, free up bag space, etc.

Good luck!

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Event Challenge: You may not use any Repels when surfing anywhere in the eastern ocean (the last leg of the game) and you are not allowed to flee from any encounters. This event ends when you get the last badge from Juan.

Rules Challenge: You must have a Nicada/Shedinja
in your party at all times as soon as you are able to catch one. You cannot use Ninjask and must box it as soon as you get Shedinja

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
OK, I'm going to be taking a gauntlet for Fire Red to play in next week's OI Plays (which you forgot to update again Jimera0; you need to detail the new challenge lol). I will be taking:
6 event challenges
12 rule challenges, including 6 Pokémon for my team.

Challenges I will reject: Ones which involve releasing or depositing my main team, as that directly conflicts with the 6 Pokémon I will receive. Any limitations you put on a Pokémon will not take away another rule challenge, but it will take away from the amount of challenges you can give me. Basically I want 6 event challenge, 6 rule challenges not related to Pokémon and 6 Pokémon, who do not require direct limitations.

All Pokémon must be able to reach their final stage besides trade evolutions. If you really want to, yes, you can give me an Onix lol.

Pokémon:
1) Flareon
2) Weedle
3)
4)
5)
6)

Event challenges:
1) You can not use repels or flee from a wild Pokemon starting when you beat Misty and ending when you beat Erika. -- birdcrest

2) You may only use 3 Pokemon total when battling in the Rocket Game Corner Hideout. This event starts when you enter the Corner for the first time and battle the Grunt guarding the entrance and ends when you beat Giovanni. -- Karxrida

3) Event Challenge: You must beat the last 4 Gym Leaders only using Pokemon whose types take neutral or super effective damage from the Gym Leader's main type. Only Giovanni's last battle counts for this challenge. -- Karxrida

4) You may not use healing items in-battle in the Pokémon League, and may only use 10 total outside of battle.

5) When you enter Rock Tunnel, you cannot go out the way you came. In other words, the only ways to exit Rock Tunnel are to either black out or make it to Lavender Town.

6) Rule Challenge: You cannot use any Pokemon that can be caught in one of Kanto's caves in the version you are playing (meaning Mt. Moon, Rock Tunnel, Diglett's Cave, the Seafoam Islands and Victory Road). To keep this from being too limiting, this doesn't count Pokemon obtained by fishing or surfing in those caves, just those encountered by walking around.

7) You are not allowed to use super effective moves while fighting Brock.

8) You are not allowed to use Flash while exploring Rock Tunnel.

Rule challenges:
1) You must pay 3x the amount for all items. (Buy 3 items and discard 2... thanks Stellar)

2) Pokémon Centres are only free once per city; after that you must pay (buy and toss items worth) 200 Pokedollars.

3) You may only evolve a Pokemon if it soloes any of these Trainers: Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Sabrina, Koga, Blaine, Giovanni (Any fight), Ariana (Team Rocket Executive/Admin/Whatever they're called), Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance and your Rival (Any fight). It's enough to fully evolve everything. :)

4) You may not use any items in battle other than Poke, Great, Ultra, or Safari Balls.

5) You're not allowed to use any items that heal status conditions inside of battle. You can use them outside of battle though. This includes the use of hold items for this purpose.

6) You must play in set mode.

7) No two Pokemon in your team can know the same move.

8) To quote The Highlander, "There can be only one!" What I mean by this is that you can only obtain one Pokemon per area. Keep in mind, though, that this doesn't have to be the first one you see, as is in the case for nuzlockes. Trades and Gift Pokemon count as "obtained." HM Slaves are not exempt from this rule, but Pokedex filler (if you intend to do the post-game) are.

9) Flying's for the birds! What I mean by this is that you cannot use the move Fly out of battle for any reason whatsoever.

10) And since you said you're accepting three, here's yet another Rule Challenge: Use bombs TMs wisely! Every Pokemon that you have has the mental capabilities to learn only one move from a TM each. Still, it can forget the move if you wish. Keep in mind, though, that even if you get rid of the TM move, that Pokemon still can't use any more of them. HMs do not count for this Challenge.

I will also allow you guys to give me 3 challenges instead of the normal 2, because this gauntlet has more challenges included than most others. It is still 6 people handing out challenges for this thing. ^_^

Last edited:
Celever, you can have a unevolvable Nidoran(either gender) that has to be the first one you find.
Also, an event challenge: You can not use repels or flee from a wild Pokemon starting when you beat Misty and ending when you beat Erika.

Karxrida

Celever
Event Challenge: You may only use 3 Pokemon total when battling in the Rocket Game Corner Hideout. This event starts when you enter the Corner for the first time and battle the Grunt guarding the entrance and ends when you beat Giovanni.

Event Challenge: You must beat the last 4 Gym Leaders only using Pokemon whose types take neutral or super effective damage from the Gym Leader's main type. Only Giovanni's last battle counts for this challenge.

Celever

i am town
Celever, you can have a unevolvable Nidoran(either gender) that has to be the first one you find.
Also, an event challenge: You can not use repels or flee from a wild Pokemon starting when you beat Misty and ending when you beat Erika.
I accept your second challenge, however I forgot to add something to my original post, but it should go without saying. This challenge should be fun. Personally, I don't find having an unevolvable basic Pokémon like the Nidoran you suggested "fun". This is just because I would never actually use the thing seeing as how it would be pretty much useless for a long time. You can still suggest 2 more challenges for me, though, since like I mentioned before I am allowing people to give me three challenges as opposed to the regular two.

Celever
Event Challenge: You may only use 3 Pokemon total when battling in the Rocket Game Corner Hideout. This event starts when you enter the Corner for the first time and battle the Grunt guarding the entrance and ends when you beat Giovanni.

Event Challenge: You must beat the last 4 Gym Leaders only using Pokemon whose types take neutral or super effective damage from the Gym Leader's main type. Only Giovanni's last battle counts for this challenge.
Accepted both of these, thank you! Don't forget that I said you can suggest three separate challenges for me if you want instead of the regular two, because this gauntlet is much bigger than most others and I think is bigger than what Jimera was anticipating lol. Either way, you have one more challenge left (it can be a Pokémon! :))

Karxrida

I accept your second challenge, however I forgot to add something to my original post, but it should go without saying. This challenge should be fun. Personally, I don't find having an unevolvable basic Pokémon like the Nidoran you suggested "fun". This is just because I would never actually use the thing seeing as how it would be pretty much useless for a long time. You can still suggest 2 more challenges for me, though, since like I mentioned before I am allowing people to give me three challenges as opposed to the regular two.

Accepted both of these, thank you! Don't forget that I said you can suggest three separate challenges for me if you want instead of the regular two, because this gauntlet is much bigger than most others and I think is bigger than what Jimera was anticipating lol. Either way, you have one more challenge left (it can be a Pokémon! :))
Pokemon: You must evolve Eevee into Flareon and use it in as one of the Pokemon in the Rocket GC Hideout and have it in your Hall of Fame team.

Something I forget to mention for the GC challenge is that you need to box the Pokemon you aren't using so you can't fodder them or use them to but free turns for heals.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Celever

You may only evolve a Pokemon if it soloes any of these Trainers: Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Sabrina, Koga, Blaine, Giovanni (Any fight), Ariana (Team Rocket Executive/Admin/Whatever they're called), Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance and your Rival (Any fight). It's enough to fully evolve everything. :)

You may not use items during any Elite Four fight! (You can between them)

Use a Weedle.

OK I need to post quickly here to put the kibosh on something before this goes any further.

Please, no requesting that people specifically give you Pokemon as rule challenges. That's what the Scramble Challange thread is for, and I don't want this thread to just end becoming Scramble Challange Plus. It's ok if people decide to make rule challenges that force the runner to use a specific Pokemon though. Just don't ASK for these type of challenges. I'll add this to the rule section after completing this post to make it clear.

If you really want to incorporate a scramble into your gauntlet you can do so by posting your request posts in both this thread and the scramble thread. In this thread you'll ask for challenges, in the scramble thread you ask for Pokemon. Just make sure you link between the two posts so people can look at what you've gotten in the other thread and tailor their contributions accordingly.

Hello, I'd like to try a round of this for a playthrough of Pokemon Colosseum. I'll go with 4 hard Rule Challenges and 3 medium Event Challenges. For reference:

I'm counting Colosseum rounds as Events for Challenges (Yes, this includes the one atop Realgam Tower. The Nascour and Evice fights are exempt from the Tower Colosseum. Also, the Cipher Admin events, for the Deep Colosseum, are stacked upon any challenges for that.)
If referring to a Colosseum round or a repeating fight (such as pretty much all of the Cipher Admins), please specify which one(s)
I will not be exploiting the ball duplication glitch
My playthrough will be up to and past Fein
Any Challenges along the lines of "Solo x with a y" will be rejected because every fight in this game is a double battle.
No Challenges that prevent me from being permanently unable to Snag Shadow Pokemon (Challenges like "you cannot Snag Shadow Pokemon until the second time you fight it", on the other hand, are allowed on the grounds that anybody owning a Shadow Pokemon minus those encountered post-game can be rematched)

Accepted Challenges
Must constantly have at least 3 Shadow Pokemon in party ASAP. (Karxrida)
Comments: I'm assuming that the challenge was intended with the idea that I'd use 6 non-Shadow Pokemon in my party, so that's what I'm going to do for this playthrough to keep the intent of the giver intact.

No spread moves are to be used EVER. (Jimera0)
Comments: I like the fact that this Challenge will, in effect, prevent me from using some of the more popular Water-types. Mantine, it's your time to shine!

Only allowed to use Poke Balls to Snag Shadow Pokemon. (Bard of Rage)
Comments: I played through the game once with that condition. Skarm, the Beasts, and Metagross were brutal, and Tar was when I gave up. Now, I have to do all that again on top of everything else that I'm supposed to do. It should make for some great salt.

Team must have at least two Pokemon who share a type ASAP. (Bard of Rage)
Comments: I'm not going to include the 3 Shadow Pokemon required for me to have in my party since I'm not really using them long-term. Therefore, odds are that I'm going to either change my main team around a LOT or just have a ton of dual-typed Pokemon in my party.
Can only use Shadow Pokemon when fighting Miror B. the first time. Failure means giving up my awesome Baldrick turnip avatar changing my avatar to one that's Luvdisc-themed presumably for the rest of the gauntlet. (Karxrida)
Comments: Shouldn't be too bad, considering my options. Just so long as I don't get horribly unlucky with Hyper Mode activations, I should be able to keep my lovely avatar.

No backtracking or healing items are to be used when pursuing Venus. Takes effect in the self-named staircase area. (Jimera0)
Comments: Planning on doing this immediately after the Venus fight, since my Pokemon will be fully healed afterward (I think). Seems exciting, considering how few of the available Pokemon actually know recovery moves

I'll edit this post with Challenges for the people who have already posted here (or probably make a new post for them, one of the two).

For celever, here is a Rule Challenge: You may not use any items in battle other than Poke, Great, Ultra, or Safari Balls.

Also, an Event Challenge: When you enter Rock Tunnel, you cannot go out the way you came. In other words, the only ways to exit Rock Tunnel are to either black out or make it to Lavender Town.

EDIT: Both of Karxrida's Challenges have been accepted!

Last edited:

Karxrida

Hello, I'd like to try a round of this for a playthrough of Pokemon Colosseum. I'll go with 4 hard Rule Challenges and 3 medium Event Challenges. For reference:

You can request both a Rule and an Event Challenge
I'm counting Events as Cipher Admin fights and Colosseum rounds (Yes, this includes the one atop Realgam Tower. The Nascour and Evice fights are exempt from the Tower Colosseum. Also, the Cipher Admin events, for the Deep Colosseum, are stacked upon any challenges for that.)
I will not be exploiting the ball duplication glitch
My playthrough will be up to and past Fein
Any Challenges along the lines of "Solo x with a y" will be rejected because every fight in this game is a double battle.
No Challenges that prevent me from being permanently unable to Snag Shadow Pokemon (Challenges like "you cannot Snag Shadow Pokemon until the second time you fight it", on the other hand, are allowed)

Accepted Challenges

I'll edit this post with Challenges for the people who have already posted here (or probably make a new post for them, one of the two).

For celever, here is a Rule Challenge: You may not use any items in battle other than Poke, Great, Ultra, or Safari Balls. Also, an Event Challenge: When you enter Rock Tunnel, you cannot go out the way you came. In other words, the only ways to exit Rock Tunnel are to either black out or make it to Lavender Town.
Event Challenge: You must fight Miror B. using only Shadow Pokemon. You also have to dance to his fight music the entire time. Failing this challenge means you must change your profile picture to a Luvdisc.

Rules Challenge: You must have at least 3 Shadow Pokemon in your team at all times (as soon as at least 3 are available natch).

Naix

Rule Challenge: You're not allowed to use any moves that hit multiple targets (AKA Spread moves) in your run. Quagsire just became a lot less useful to you :P

Celever

I'm making sure that you see the new rule I added after your request post made me realize it was needed. Also I'll give you a couple rule challenges.

Rule Challenge: You're not allowed to use any items that heal status conditions inside of battle. You can use them outside of battle though. This includes the use of hold items for this purpose.

Rule Challenge: You must play in Set mode.

Thank you very much for the Challenge, Jimera0! It, in addition to both of Karxrida's Challenges, has been accepted. Two more to go (for both)...

Celever

i am town
Accepting most challenges since I last posted, however Snaquaza and Jimera0 I have to reject your second and first challenges respectively because they are redundant with Naix's challenge. (IK that Naix posted after Snaq, but I just didn't really see a reason to take snaq's challenge over Naix's when they are the same thing except that Snaq's is only in 4 fights).

Thanks everyone though, I'm accepting the rest.

Also Jimera, I don't actually want restrictions on these Pokemon and just want the basic stats of one (but people can ask me to use it in a certain area etc.) so it's not a scramble challenge because the Pokemon do not have restrictions set only to them. The most that they could have is two restrictions on them by my rules, which is less than any scramble Pokemon anyway.

Can't update the main post very well on iPad rn, but I'll do it ASAP.

Celever

I'm pretty sure Naix actually made their challenge AFTER both me Snaqs. His post came before mine, but was edited with the new challenge after it (check the timestamps). You really should be rejecting Naix's challenge since it came later... it's not really cool if you just let Naix come in and (accidentally) bump both our challenges off.

Also you can request that people don't give restrictions on your Scramblemons in the scramble thread. Believe it or not, that's how the thread started out when it was first introduced. All the additional restrictions and stuff came about a little bit later. What you're asking for is still a scramble/gauntlet mix and I want to avoid direct competition with the Scramble Challange if at all possible.

Celever

i am town
Celever

I'm pretty sure Naix actually made their challenge AFTER both me Snaqs. His post came before mine, but was edited with the new challenge after it (check the timestamps). You really should be rejecting Naix's challenge since it came later... it's not really cool if you just let Naix come in and (accidentally) bump both our challenges off.

Also you can request that people don't give restrictions on your Scramblemons in the scramble thread. Believe it or not, that's how the thread started out when it was first introduced. All the additional restrictions and stuff came about a little bit later. What you're asking for is still a scramble/gauntlet mix and I want to avoid direct competition with the Scramble Challange if at all possible.
Oh, didn't know that lol.

OK I accept both of your challenges which I previously rejected Jimera0 and Snaquaza and reject Naix's. Sorry Naix!

I'll also not ask for Pokémon any longer. I will use Flareon and Weedle since they were challenges already, though, and I'll have 12 challenges.

Alright, I'm going to request a Gauntlet of my own now. It'll be a mono-color Pokemon Platinum gauntlet, and I intend on doing the post game, though it might be best to avoid giving out post-game event challenges in case I find that I can't for some reason. I want hard difficulty for my gauntlet, but not insane. I want 4 Rule challenges and 8 Event Challenges (event challenges spread throughout the game ideally). I'm also having this double as my mono-color run for OI plays. The first person to select a dex color for me decides what color my mono-color gauntlet is. Use this page to help decide the color; make sure I can get at least 5 Pokemon before the 6th gym of that color. Note I can't get dual slot Pokemon since I'm using an emulator. For this run, selecting my color does not count towards your challenge limit. No extremely tedious challenges. Just no please. Since my pokemon selection will already be limited, no challenges that limit my Pokemon selection. I don't want to end up being able to use only 2 Pokemon.

Thanks in advance everyone!

EDIT:

List of things so far:

Dex Colour: Blue

Rule Challenges:
1. Can never use TMs. Ever. (Karxrida)
2. No HM slave; all HMs I want to use must be on Pokemon I actually use. Exception only if it needs to be broken to progress in the game (Karxrida)
3. Pokemon must have berries equipped at all times (Bard of Rage)
4. Can only evolve Pokemon 5 times over the course of the run (UllarWarlord)

Event Challenges:
1. No healing using items, Pokemon Centers or Healing NPCs while dealing with Team Galactic on Mt. Coronet. Challenge ends when the Spear pillar is reached. (Naix)
2. No using Defog on the northern part of Route 210. (Naix)
3. Cannot use Super-Effective moves against Cynthia... shit (Bard of Rage)
4. Must spend 10,000*n on escape ropes, where n is the number of times one of my Pokemon faints in the Distortion World (UllarWarlord)
5. Must catch Giratina in a Pokeball (lucariomaster2)
6. Can only use non-super effective, physical moves to defeat Byron (lucariomaster2)
7. Cannot heal unless in red HP in the Valley Windworks building. (Hydrattler)
8. In the double battle with your rival vs Jupiter and Mars, you must kill your rival's Pokemon then solo the opponents. Using spread moves is acceptable. (Hulavuta)

Last edited:

Karxrida

Alright, I'm going to request a Gauntlet of my own now. It'll be a mono-color Pokemon Platinum gauntlet, and I intend on doing the post game, though it might be best to avoid giving out post-game event challenges in case I find that I can't for some reason. I want hard difficulty for my gauntlet, but not insane. I want 4 Rule challenges and 8 Event Challenges (event challenges spread throughout the game ideally). I'm also having this double as my mono-color run for OI plays. The first person to select a dex color for me decides what color my mono-color gauntlet is. Use this page to help decide the color; make sure I can get at least 5 Pokemon before the 6th gym of that color. For this run, selecting my color does not count towards your challenge limit. No extremely tedious challenges. Just no please. Since my pokemon selection will already be limited, no challenges that limit my Pokemon selection. I don't want to end up being able to use only 2 Pokemon.

Thanks in advance everyone!
The color is White. :3

Karxrida

If you don't like white Jimera0 (you racist), you can take blue instead.

Rules Challenges:
  1. You are not allowed to use any TMs. Ever. Yes that includes Flash and Rock Smash (have fun with that).
  2. You are not allowed to use the Sinnoh Underground. Too much good shit for you to use down there.
  3. You are not allowed to sell anything. All of your cash needs to come from Trainers.
  4. You cannot have a designated HM slave. You have to use your HMs on things that fight frequently.
I'll come up with some Event Challenges later.

Time for an Event Challenge!
Jimera0, you are not permitted to heal your Pokemon in any way when you're dealing with Team Plasma at Mt. Coronet.

Karxrida did you forget that there's a 2 challenge per a person limit? :P Pick two of those and I'll take them. They all seem OK to me, though I'd have to put in a clause on the HM one where if no blue Pokemon currently available to me can learn an HM I need to progress, that I can use a temporary HM slave.

Naix
Shit, that's going to be difficult lol. Does that include healing moves like recover and leech seed (I'm not sure if you were thinking of those when you said "any way", I suspect you just meant Pokemon centers, items and NPCs)? If so it may be too much. If not, I think I'll be able to handle it. Mt. Coronet is a HUGE place and there's a boss at the end. Exactly at what point does this challenge end at? I'll need an exact point. (and I know you mean team Galactic lol). I'll accept as soon as you clarify those details.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)