Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge: 2.0

okay, i am doing the repel thing and the pokemon center one( i beat chuck receantly)i am also doing the solo w/ lance, I AM LOOKING FOR EVENT CHALLENGES PLEASE and i will be beating jasmine soon so make them after her please and make em quick,.:mad:

YES! FYI i beat pryce Naix:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
:mad:okay. seems easy enough. okay people im looking for 1 more event challenge after clair that is not soloing lance with something because I already have a challenge for that. it can be in kanto though.
the challenges I have now are:
Naix: for every 5 repels I buy, throw out 4 and I am not able to use the pokemon center till I beat pryce( already done)
Birdcrest: only use your starter pokemon using stab moves on lance

Last edited:

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright kids, I'll be taking challenges for Pokemon Omega Ruby that I'll be playing in my revival of the Deino Plays thread. You'll like it.

I'm gonna be bringing some media attention to the Gauntlet Challenge (or so I hope), so your challenges will be made public (for the better or worse...)

I guess it's 4 event, 4 rule. "f u deino"

Accepted Challenges:

lucariomaster2 - Every time you use a Pokemon center, you must buy and toss items worth 400P times the number of badges you have.

Level 51 - no evolving your Pokemon.

Naix - All of your Pokemon have a "life" system which dictates they can faint a maximum of 3 times before being unable to be used any more for any purposes.

Hulavuta - Throw away an item to switch.

lucariomaster2 - You may not use STAB moves against Steven.

Its_A_Random - You may only defeat Wattson with Pokémon holding a Cheri Berry. If the berry is consumed mid-battle, then they can no longer take part. If you have no berries on your team left then you wipe and go back to before you battle him.

turskain - Solo Winona using a freshly caught Pokémon - the Pokémon may not learn TMs, HMs, tutor moves, or gain experience points prior to the battle.

Naix - Any Pokemon you send in battle against the Trainers in Petalburg Gym can't participate in the fight against Norman.

Last edited:
Alright, Deino, I'm gonna make this "fun" for you.

Rule challenge: Every time you use a Pokemon center, you must buy and toss items worth 250 400P times the number of badges you have.
Event challenge: You may not use STAB moves against Steven.

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Deinosaur: (Event) You may only defeat Wattson with Pokémon holding a Cheri Berry. If the berry is consumed mid-battle, then they can no longer take part. If you have no berries on your team left then you wipe and go back to before you battle him.

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Deinosaur
Event challenge: Solo Winona using a freshly caught Pokémon - the Pokémon may not learn TMs, HMs, tutor moves, or gain experience points prior to the battle.

Deinosaur

Rule Challenge: All of your Pokemon have a "life" system which dictates they can faint a maximum of 3 times before being unable to be used any more for any purposes.

Event Challenge: Any Pokemon you send in battle against the Trainers in Petalburg Gym can't participate in the fight against Norman.

Going to do a run of alpha sapphire, would like 2 rules, 4 events. Nothing particularly difficult since this is my first ever challenge run, and I won't accept anything that restricts what I'm allowed to catch (I'll do a nuzlocke later)

EDIT: forgot to mention this run will end upon catching Deoxys

RULES:

Don't use anything with over 475 bst in battle (from naix)

Only use items that are found/given (from jimera0)

EVENTS:

No backtracking to heal from routes 120-121 until reaching lilycove (from naix)

No using super-effective moves against Archie in seafloor cavern (from jimera0)

Must KO one of Liza/tate's mons using a mon caught in the safari zone (from deinosaur)

Last edited:
Here's a couple of Challenges for you jimmythebass

Rule Challenge: You cannot use any Pokemon that have a base stat total higher than 475 in battle. (You can catch whatever you want, but anything higher than that is unusable)

Event Challenge: No backtracking from Routes 120 or 121 to heal until you reach Lilycove City.

deinosaur

If you're going to be playing the Gauntlet Challenge or you're going to make a challenge for someone, please check the new Public Service Announcement in the OP!

Happy challenging!

jimmythebass

I have a couple challenges for you!

Rule Challenge:
The only items you're allowed to use are those you find or are given. Basically, you can't buy any items to use.

Event Challenge:
When battling Archie in the Seafloor Cavern, you're not allowed to use Super-effective moves.

Hopefully I'm not too late with this! Good luck!

deinosaur

jimmythebass

Event Challenge: You must KO one of Tate and Liza's pokemon using a pokemon caught in the Safari Zone near Lilycove.

Hope that's not too bad! Good luck! :)

All above challenges accepted, will reset my alpha sapphire and get started once I've caught all the version exclusive legends and transferred them to my omega ruby

Alright, I've decided I want to request another gauntlet since it's become apparent to me that I'm not going to complete my first one. This isn't because of the challenge itself though; in fact I was quite enjoying it. It's because I was playing it on a Platinum Emulator, and DS emulators run super-slow on my computer. It felt like my character was constantly wading through molasses and it just got so painful I couldn't force myself to continue with it, which is a shame because the challenge itself was actually pretty compelling. I also want to go back to my roots and do some long-form updates (maybe in a separate thread) again and I need a new challenge to do that.

So. This will be a brand new Gauntlet challenge for me, in Pokemon Soul Silver. The Gauntlet will end after beating Red. I'll be taking the same number of challenges I did for my Platinum Gauntlet, 4 rule challenges and 8 event challenges. I want the difficulty of my run to be hard but not insane. If I feel that your challenge pushes the run into the "insane" category, I will ask you to change it, or if it can't be changed to fit in I'll reject it. Same as before, I want no overly tedious challenges. Again, I'll be the judge of what qualifies for that, but the general rule of thumb is that if it requires me to spend more than an hour grinding for it specifically, it's probably too tedious. This time I'd like to request that you try and fill the rule challenges first. This is so I can start earlier, and also so I can better judge event challenges in light of the additional rules I'll be under when attempting to complete them.

Thanks in advance, and good luck to those who are currently running their own gauntlets!

List of Challenges accepted:

Rule Challenges:
1. If a Pokemon faints twice it can no longer be used in battle (turskain)
2. If an active Pokemon has a stat dropped, I must immediately switch it out unless this is impossible. (Deinosaur)
3. My team must have balanced genders, and only one gender may receive EXP from any given battle, effectively dividing the genders into "teams". Genderless Pokemon get assigned a "gender" via coin-flip at the time of capture. (Celever)
4. I can only use items (other than Pokeballs) in battle if my opponent has used one first, and I can only use as many as they have used before me. (Kadew)

Event Challenges:
1. I am not allowed to use STAB moves in the gym battle against Clair (turskain)
2. One of Morty's Pokemon must be KO'd by a Pokemon I caught during the Bug Catching Contest (Deinosaur)
3. I must fight Falkner with only Pokemon that are weak to Flying. (Celever)
4. I must box my favorite team member before battling the E4, and take them on with only 5 members. Gotta show Karen she's wrong! (Kadew)
5. I can't have any Pokemon over level 65 when entering my battle with Red (lucariomaster2)
6. I can't use super-effective moves against Whitney's Miltank, and my Pokemons' max level must not exceed hers (Lucariomaster2)
7. I have to put at least half of Erika's team asleep (UllarWarlord)
8. I have to "show mercy" to the Rocket Grunt that stole power plant parts in Cerulean. I can only attack his Pokemon with false swipe and confusion, and it must KO itself in an act of "surrendering" (UllarWarlord)

Challenge filled! I'll be starting this soon and I'll make a whole thread dedicated to the updates. I'll post a link here when I have topic ready. See you there!

EDIT: THREAD IS UP!

Last edited:

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Jimera0, since you didn't want anything too outrageous, have these very reasonable ones:

Rule Challenge: After a Pokémon has been knocked out twice, it can no longer be used in battle.

Event Challenge: you may not use STAB moves in the battle against against Clair.

jimmythebass, if you need more, have one for the Sky Pillar since your run ends at Deoxys:

Event Challenge: you may not use physical moves against Wallace at the entrance to the Sky Pillar AND you may not use special moves against Zinnia at the top of the Sky Pillar. Additionally, Rayquaza must not be used in the battle with Zinnia to keep things even.

turskain While I'm not usually a fan of permadeath challenges, I think I'll go with this one since I forgot to rule it out. I do worry about it compounding with other challenges though; my Pokemon having limited lives means event challenges almost all get ratcheted up in difficulty, since there's a permanent consequence to failure. I just hope your challenge doesn't lead to me having to reject a lot of event challenges down the road. The Clair one is perfectly fine though.

Oh, and I'd like to point out that your event challenge for jimmythebass is actually 2 challenges, not one. You're making two different sets of restrictions for two different battles (against 2 different trainers). They might be one after the other, but they're not even really connected (unlike, say, the N and Ghetsis battles in B/W). You're still under the 2 challenge per a person limit, but since Jimmy was only asking for one more if he wants to reject one of those two I'd say he's totally within the rules to do so.

EDIT: Deinosaur Challenges accepted. That switching one is going to be a MASSIVE pain in the butt though XD.

Last edited:

deinosaur

Jimera0 - I'm gonna try not to make anything too bad that stacks with the permadeath thing.

Rule: If one of your Pokemon has a stat dropped, they must switch immediately. Obviously this restriction only applies after you have captured a Pokemon other than your starter.

Event: Must KO one of the Gym Leader's Pokemon in Ecruteak City with a Pokemon originally caught in the Bug Catching Contest. :)

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Jimera0 here are some challenges for you! :]

Rule: Your party will be sanctioned into 2 teams -- boys and girls. You may only switch between Pokémon of one gender in battles, and you may only pass experience through the "exp. share" throughout one team. Additionally, your team must always have an equal number of males and females on the party if there is an even number of Pokémon on your team. If there are 3 Pokémon on your team, you must have at least 1 of each gender. If there are 5 Pokémon on your team, you must have at least 2 of each gender. This is technically another challenge, but without he first challenge provided it is completely pointless, so I'm hoping you will count them as one? :D

Event: You may only fight Falkner with Pokémon that are weak to flying.

Last edited:
Celever
Damn, nice rule challenge. Yes, that counts as one since they require each other to work. Couple quick questions though; what about Genderless Pokemon? There are quite a few of those. Also, if a whole team of a gender gets knocked out, I presume I'm allowed to switch over to the other team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)