Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Mass Dispel is also not banned against the Four Horsemen.
I thought about mentioning it but it's too hard to deal 14 damage to Heroic Baron before they just kill you if you try to cheese it that way. Regular no problem, 7 HP = Mind Blast + Smite but yeah.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
You guys know there's a League of Legends thread on this forum, right? Also "laugh out loud" at the whole thing. Now, I obviously can't say for certain what happened but Lavos Spawn is dangerously close to exploding in a mist of sodium chloride large enough to choke the population of China, which to me indicates that he probably got banninated. Permabanned, because knowing how Riot's doled out punishments in the past anything longer than two weeks that isn't permanent doesn't make any sense and his account probably wouldn't even be worth enough to be worth selling off.

Hearthstone? Sure seeing a lot of fucking Hunters lately. Also LN wanted to get people in on a race to Legend but apparently he already quit so kd24 did too and now I'm just sad and lonely. :[

Last edited:

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hunter is so fucking strong atm. Turns 1 and 2 being much stronger have brought the midrange right back up (and miracle has basically dropped off the face of the planet).

I'll race 2 legend. Currently sitting at 7 on EU :)

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You guys know there's a League of Legends thread on this forum, right? Also "laugh out loud" at the whole thing. Now, I obviously can't say for certain what happened but Lavos Spawn is dangerously close to exploding in a mist of sodium chloride large enough to choke the population of China, which to me indicates that he probably got banninated. Permabanned, because knowing how Riot's doled out punishments in the past anything longer than two weeks that isn't permanent doesn't make any sense and his account probably wouldn't even be worth enough to be worth selling off.

Hearthstone? Sure seeing a lot of fucking Hunters lately. Also LN wanted to get people in on a race to Legend but apparently he already quit so kd24 did too and now I'm just sad and lonely. :[
i'll race to legend

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Meh kd already stopped recording his games and I followed suit, although anyone here is free to lay claim to first-to-Legend (for the season) if they're so inclined and actually do so.

What race?
Ok well this is my earliest legend yet. I did it using midrange hunter with a few personal touches. (It has a Black Knight). My deck plays pretty aggressively for board control early using dire wolf, haunted creeper, and eaglehorn instead of relying on just unleash buzzard. Miracle rogue and priest are pretty bad matchups though, because of their removal.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
just realized that I'm actually 2 wins from getting gold Shaman.

I'm a bit surprised by that actually.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
naxx being released once a week so ruined my interest in the game, im having a hard time just completing my daily quests.

im hype i finally got golden rogue.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So I've not had a lot of time to play this season the last three-ish weeks I've really only logged to complete the wings etc. This morning I decided to tryhard with a new deck and I went something like 25-0 before losing haha. Winstreaked from Rank 13 to Rank 5. I have a feeling a certain deck will be getting very popular very soon.

\/ Lol its a hunter deck, and its really not anything special. Just with some new naxx cards thrown in xD

Last edited:

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
^I like how you're not sharing the deck you dick. :P

Also someone explain this strange card called Nozdormu. What the actual fuck, it's broken free lategame advantage for hand vomit rogues

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Actually kinda interested in what this deck is. I hope it's that new-fangled Warlock Demons deck. I've been wanting to make a Demons deck myself but I don't have the time/dust for it.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can't figure out a good counter to the midrange. Best I got now is a super expensive paladin with heals. Harrison is also really good now with the meta consisting of Shaman, warrior, and bow hunter (uses Mad Scientist)

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Too bad Miracle Rogue is a relic of the lost age of pre-Naxx. :<

RIP Miracle Rogue

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I can't believe they made a worse boss than Razuvious, but at least he only did one thing too well. Gluth's zoo can only be effectively handled with a board clear, which basically means you are rolling the dice that he doesn't have Jaws out. I played and conceded about 15 times hoping to both have Consecration on turn 4 and for him not to have Jaws out, and it's just not fun at all. And this is was after trying three other decks.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I didn't have too much trouble with Heroic Gluth but I guess that's because like the 3rd time I tried vs him he never drew Jaws the whole game (he has 6 of them in his deck, so those are pretty astronomical odds). Razuvious wasn't THAT bad either. If anything, last quarter's Gothik was one of the worst, requiring you to have Freeze mage or mill him to death. Grobbulus was even worse this quarter- he had absolutely no flaws to manipulate (you could at least Ooze Jaws) and had to straight beat him when his cards are always better than yours.

In other news, Mad Scientist is one of, if not the most blatantly undervalued and overpowered card in the game. If it added the secret to your hand it would still be absolutely incredible, but it plays it. Hunter is shooting up to the top just like in the 2 mana unleash days, and due to Flare Pally and Mage can't abuse Mad Scientist because they're just going to get roflstomped by Hunter. I simply can't imagine this card not getting nerfed in the future.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Razuvious was entirely luck based, you just had better odds against him and he was less versatile. Gothik is very easy to mill, so that's not a complaint. Grobbulus dies to the same thing half the heroics die to; Priest divine spirit/inner fire. So yes, him never drawing Jaws has astronomically low odds, but it's how I see a lot of vids beating him. If I had consecrate on turn 4 and ooze on turn 3 and he didn't play another Jaws maybe that would be better odds but you know that still fucking sucks.

Actually, Miracle Rogue has come back over the past few days, probably because of all the hunter. I also haven't seen as much Doomhammer as there was a couple weeks ago, in exchange there are a lot of Bloodlust Shamans, which is actually pretty strong.

And I underrated Loatheb, it really is a great card that should be in most decks. Although there are people that are taking it a bit too far, like Loatheb in zoo or other stuff where it doesn't have any place. Undertaker is also crazy good (in zoo), it either forces an immediate response from them or it becomes a yeti within a few turns. Mad Scientist has been manageable for me, mostly because it can pull out the Explosive or Freezing Trap at a bad time for them, and thus not get too much value, although it is still a great card. I'm more pissed off when I play Secret Mage, because they can just run like 8 secrets (Vaporize, Mirror Entity, Counterspell, Duplicate) and it's annoying as hell to figure them out.

I really like Deathlord in zoo, of course, it can backfire, but the card is a huge pile of stats, and it's the ultimate mirror tech. It pulls out Doomguard an improbably large amount of the time, stuff like turn 4 Rag is gg (this was with my Priest when I had no Shadow Word Death), but it's better than Blood Knight, especially since Divine Zoo is mostly dead.

Shockadin seems mostly dead, maybe because of Kolento, but Control Paladin is the norm. Mage is in an interesting place where the main deck pre-Naxx (freeze mage) is basically nonexistent, so what you see is a mix of secrets, face mage, midrange-y without any theme except good value cards, and other stuff. Control Warrior is reasonably popular, which I'm happy with because it's a fun match up with any class.

Druid is almost exclusively token, I've found, although I've still played some slow ramp decks. And Priest is a pretty viable and popular deck now, most run Deathlord, which makes me happy for my two Shadow Word Pain, and it has a decent time. The Priest mirror is really swingy, with a lot of changes of board control. It usually comes down to who paces their Northshire right, drawing enough to get a strong midgame but not too much that you fatigue and die.

In general the meta's slowed down a lot, it used to be that I only went to fatigue in Priest mirrors, really unusual games and the odd Control Warrior, but I went to fatigue with my midrange Mage against a Druid, a Handlock fatigued against me, and it's really absurd how quickly Hunters can go through their decks. There's been plenty of situations where I have 15 cards left in the deck and they have 4 or 5.

That was a lot longer than I thought it would be, but I've been playing a lot so I wanted to share my meta experience.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Well I had like 6k gold from being a great arena player and getting in at the start of open beta and shit. Play lots of Arena and be good at it and free $$$. Heroic Gluth and Grobb both gave me a heck of a time.

Token Druid is a shit. Midrange 4 lyfe, now with 100% more five-drops all day err day I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)