Official Smogon Fantasy Football PLAYOFF Thread (2014-15 Edition)

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's game 2, ffs quit panicking. He's still not doing as badly as other top RBs like AP, Charles, and some others taken before him. 11 points is not awesome, but it's not exactly a dud either.

EDIT: GDI CURSE ALL YOU TERRIBLE SOURCES FOR TRICKING ME INTO THINKING BRANDON MARSHALL WASN'T GOING TO PLAY AND BENCHING HIM AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited:
Edelman, Bernard, Morris, Graham, even Jeremy Hill on the bench this week just going off today! My worst player this week is Patterson and he brought in a respectable 6 and change.

Considering how 11 points a week would have been good for the #13 RB last year (aka a borderline RB1) then that's exactly what you drafted him for.

If you were expecting top 10 value from a 4th round pick, you have unrealistic expectations.
11 pts in a PPR league, considering that he's supposedly a pass-catching back, as well as the #1 back on the arizona depth chart, is pretty mediocre to me...

however, I think he'll produce better numbers as the season goes on. Dwyer vultured the goal line TD..

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Edelman, Bernard, Morris, Graham, even Jeremy Hill on the bench this week just going off today! My worst player this week is Patterson and he brought in a respectable 6 and change.
What kind of team do you have where all of those guys are on the bench? They are pretty much starters in any leagues with 10 or more teams...

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
Atleast it looks like I'm winning my first game, I'm not happy with RGIII going down. Figured it would be a decent upgrade over Eli Manning as a pickup, only to see him go down the game after. Ouch

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Meanwhile I'm about to go a combined 0-4 and Ingram what the fuck god dammit. :[ Time to start looking at potential trade partners for an RB again...

fuck Adam Schefter.

somehow won in this league though:

and Aaron Rogers helped me get my first win in league C.

i'm now 1-1 in all three leagues.

Does anyone play with FAAB (aka waiver wire auctions)? Someone dropped Danny Woodhead last week in a 1 PPR league due to his atrocious week 1 usage, and I'm wondering how much of my auction money I should blow on him. Even though Mathews got hurt in the 4th quarter, Woodhead still had almost 50% of the snaps last week and could definitely be a weekly RB2 like last year even with a health Mathews. For the next month, though, the sky might be the limit.

I have $92/100, and Knile Davis is also still available. I just don't see a player of Woodhead's caliber being a free agent for a while, unless Josh Gordon gets dropped or someone like Jamaal goes out for the year or something.

I have Woodhead in a 1 PPR auction league with FAAB. Im pretty disappointed that he only has 5 catches in 2 games. He had 76 catches last year but he only had Mathews for competition now he has Donald Brown. For the next month Woodhead should be great but once Mathews comes back, he's just a decent flex play.

I rather spend the money on Davis. I have a feeling that the high ankle sprain might hinder Charles all year like it did to Spiller last year, which helped Fred Jackson become a top 20 RB. There's also a chance the Chiefs will shut down Charles if they are eliminated from a playoff spot early.

I have Woodhead in a 1 PPR auction league with FAAB. Im pretty disappointed that he only has 5 catches in 2 games. He had 76 catches last year but he only had Mathews for competition now he has Donald Brown. For the next month Woodhead should be great but once Mathews comes back, he's just a decent flex play.

I rather spend the money on Davis. I have a feeling that the high ankle sprain might hinder Charles all year like it did to Spiller last year, which helped Fred Jackson become a top 20 RB. There's also a chance the Chiefs will shut down Charles if they are eliminated from a playoff spot early.
Woodhead had 12 touches last game, on pace with his 11.4 touches/game in 2013 when he was the #13 RB. If he sees 45-50% of the snaps with Mathews in, he'll easily reach 12-15 touches a game. I feel like the first game against Arizona was the anomaly of the two (Rivers was BAD that night), much like last year where he started the year with a 2-catch 0-rush game. Not to mention the fact that he was relatively productive (10 PPR points) against Seattle of all teams.

Davis is great too, but the reason Fred Jackson did so well in PPR last season is because he was both the goal line back and the 3rd down back. Once Charles returns (which could be in as few as 2-3 weeks), Davis will be a true backup, only getting carries when Charles needs to rest. He's tempting, especially after seeing someone like Roddy White deal with a high ankle sprain last year (if Jamaal's is anything like that, Davis will be the lead back for 2-3 months), but I feel like Woodhead is in the better situation here.

I'm just worried about looking foolish bidding $30-40 for Woodhead when everyone else is trying to get him for like $12... last week, someone spent $25 for Justin Forsett after all.

I personally prefer Woodhead in PPR, but why would you care about "looking foolish"? If there's a player you're high on, then put in the bid/make the waiver claim you think is necessary to get him. That's what fantasy sports in general is all about, and makes it so rewarding/fun when the guy you had a lot of confidence in pays off.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So one of my opponents was foolish enough to drop Zac Stacy in one of my leagues...

So I'm looking for thoughts on who I should dangle as trade bait! I'm tempted to drop McCoy for Megatron but I'm not sure if I should give up on him yet so I'm looking at offering Stacy for Randall Cobb. Any thoughts on who I should target?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)