Ladder Balanced Hackmons

The problem with both of those sets is you're still dependent on a speed tie. The Imposter should be able to easily OHKO with Bonemerang after Shell Smash. For Ray, just Boomburst. Might be able to survive at full HP (I've not run the calcs), but that's still too risky.

Both utilize icicle plate judgement to try to beat imposter.
^actual post 2000 on the BH thread o.O

Anyways, I've been using a rather interesting lead in this tier:

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- King's Shield
- Judgment

Mega-Gengar can easily set up rocks by forcing switches, keeping offensive pressure, and abusing king's shield. 130 Base Speed allows it to outspeed things like Modest Mgar, Mega Latios, and pretty much everything else (relevant) in the tier barring mega aerodactyl, Mega Mewtwo Y, and Deoxys. It can also speed tie with Mega Mewtwo X to get a potential judgment kill. Another thing to note is that Shedinja and Chansey leads fall to this, letting you either get a free taunt, rocks, or damage with judgment. King's Shield is for the omnipresent Kyurem-B, Rayquaza, and Yveltal as well as potential knock off users (basically for scouting). Taunt screws over other mold breaker leads and some prankster users. Finally, Judgment still manages to hit extremely hard off of Mega Gengar's base 170 SpA stat. Just feel like this set is worthy of mention, since it has worked very well for me, and is a good set both fundamentally and performance-wise.

So, I decided upon the ultimate set

Shuckle @ Metronome
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Rollout
- Ice Ball
- Defense Curl
- Power Swap

Now, this set is capable of using power swap to get it's attacks up to a godly base 230. After that, it can use the combo of defense curl + rollout (further boosted by Metronome), to sweep the opposing team. The ability technician is there to patch up rollout's smaller damage at first.

Speaking of Technician, some of you might have seen me mentioning I got an idea from a brain-breakingly stupid replay posted in the silly things you've seen thread. Lemme go ahead and share what I invented. I think it needs some work, and being without internet for over a week really prevented me from testing it more extensively, but it actually appears to be a fairly solid set. Probably a little gimmicky for most teams, but a little tweaking and I'm sure it could find home somewhere.

Test Subject #1246 (Manectric-Mega) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Charge Beam
- Frost Breath
- Parabolic Charge
- Clear Smog

It lacks the immediate power of Sheer Force Manec or some other sweepers. In fact, it's sort of like Contrary, except without PP issues, a high-powered answer to defense boosting, a surprisingly good self-heal against weak targets or after some boosts, and, well... Clear Smog is a slot I'm still toying with, but it's a fun move.

Also, I really need to try tooling around with Absol-M sometime now that 510 is a thing.

Speaking of Technician, some of you might have seen me mentioning I got an idea from a brain-breakingly stupid replay posted in the silly things you've seen thread. Lemme go ahead and share what I invented. I think it needs some work, and being without internet for over a week really prevented me from testing it more extensively, but it actually appears to be a fairly solid set. Probably a little gimmicky for most teams, but a little tweaking and I'm sure it could find home somewhere.

Test Subject #1246 (Manectric-Mega) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Charge Beam
- Frost Breath
- Parabolic Charge
- Clear Smog

It lacks the immediate power of Sheer Force Manec or some other sweepers. In fact, it's sort of like Contrary, except without PP issues, a high-powered answer to defense boosting, a surprisingly good self-heal against weak targets or after some boosts, and, well... Clear Smog is a slot I'm still toying with, but it's a fun move.

Also, I really need to try tooling around with Absol-M sometime now that 510 is a thing.
What about Acid Spray? It still gets Technician boost and threatens special walls trying to wall you.

Gimmick Set of the Arbitrary, Undefined Period of Time!

Shedinja
Ability: Probably Sturdy
Item: Whatever you like on your Shedinjas
Move 1: Endeavor
Move 2: Fell Stinger
Move 3: Baton Pass
Move 4: Filler, but probably a trapping move.

Step 1: Endeavor the target. Step 2: Finish it with Fell Stinger. Step 3: Baton Pass the attack boost.

Disclaimer: May not actually be viable or even usable.

Shedinja

Step 1: Endeavor the target. Step 2: Finish it with Fell Stinger. Step 3: Baton Pass the attack boost.

Reminds me of Weakness Policy Shedinja, which is also fun in theory but probably doesn't work in practice :(

Reminds me of Weakness Policy Shedinja, which is also fun in theory but probably doesn't work in practice :(
You know what? Fell Stinger + Weakness Policy Shedinja. If I could get on and battle right now, I'd so go and dick around with the low ladder using a set like that.

Mega Rayquaza has been revealed.

Pokemon Website says that all of it's stats get a boost.

New move signature to it called "Dragon Accent" which is Flying type (obviously, because that makes sense), and is said to be the most powerful Flying type move in the game. It makes contact, so most likely physical.

Mega Ray also has a unique weather ability called "Delta Stream" Which works similar to PK's and PG's in that it is active whenever the user is in battle. It reduces damage taken from Rock, Electric, and Ice type moves, but only when they were targeting Flying types.

Shedinja

This is actually pretty neat
I run a similar set (I.E one move the same)
Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs and Nature: meh
Endeavor
Extremespeed
Topsy-Turvy
Gastro Acid (I never use this tbh)
Main purpose of this set: fuck up Contrary Sweepers/BP Teams. Also get a cheap kill when you can. Hooray for gimmicks! ^^

This is actually pretty neat
I run a similar set (I.E one move the same)
Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs and Nature: meh
Endeavor
Extremespeed
Topsy-Turvy
Gastro Acid (I never use this tbh)
Main purpose of this set: fuck up Contrary Sweepers/BP Teams. Also get a cheap kill when you can. Hooray for gimmicks! ^^
Contrary sweepers usually don't bring a Shedinja counter anyway, and Baton Pass teams should use Substitute. I don't really see the point.

I've been using a Toxic Heal Regigigas with 252/252+ Def using Facade/Knock Off/Sacred Fire/King's Shield.

Since the meta has a great amount of Physical attackers, this works wonderfully. Add Imposter Chansey in the mix and you're checking everything that hasn't set up too much. Especially keeps the entire -ate thing under control.

Rock Head Head Smash Banded Mega Aerodactyl hits insanely hard even after -2 and you can't switch into Chansey, so be informed.

Edit: Schooled. And derp.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)