The UU Theorymon Project - See Post #81!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok first off, if gallade gets a speed boost, I'm using close combat, no doubt.
Your speed outspeeds nothing relevant that you say, since it already outspeeds swampert and doublade, except for Hydreigon.

The problem with hydreigon though is you're using like a level 50 hydreigon in the damage calculator. Hugely unimpressive imo. You should check that kind of thing before posting.

252 Atk Gallade Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 260-308 (80 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 239-282 (85.9 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Lastly, scarfrachi still outspeeds and 2hkos, I don't see how the speed helps.

Overall I think its a good nomination, just that you gave mostly irrelevant support for it.
Sorry yeah that was a pretty stupid mistake. Never had to use calcs in an argument before, so I didn't realize using a VG set as a template would automatically set the level to 50.

Edited my posts! Mazz maybe we could consider 2-3 pokes plus the wildcard going forward? 4 pokes is a lot imo and I think if we concentrate on 2-3 pokes, itll help get some interesting theorymoning going on as opposed to generic talk you know? :-)

I do enjoy this project a lot though!

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to edit this post as I come up with sets but firstly

Mechanic Change: Relic Song permanently transforms
To compensate: -14 Base Speed, -10 Base Attack, No 10% chance for Sleep

What it Does
-Allows it to maintain its fast speed to use for revenge killing
-Easier late game cleaning
-More diverse set options
-Stealth Rock resist
-Potential mixed sets with Relic Song to beat bulky waters and sweep with CC

Why it's Balanced
-Gain weaknesses to common types allowing for less switch-ins
-Gets outsped by base 115s and killed
-Unable to break through Common physical walls
-Sleep chance on a move like that is kinda silly tbh

New ability: Analytic

Flavor: Metagross is a walking supercomputer. It's reasonable to assume it can take in its surrounding and wind up for a big smack when he sees his opponent switching.

What it Does
-Punishes common bulky water switchins, particularly those without recovery like Mega Blastoise and Swampert.

Why it's Balanced
-Being able to be intimidated opens him to being walled by things like Helmet Arcanine and Bulky Krook

One of Metagross' biggest issues atm is that he isn't able to muscle through the bulky waters of UU; allowing Metagross to become worn down from hazards and switching in on attacks. Giving him Analytic will expedite the process and allow him to be at higher health later in the game, giving him much more usefulness.

New move: Work Up

Flavor: Work Up is given to a lot of 'mons; particularly ones that are either cute, such as eeveelutions, or ones that are imposing, such as many fighting types and Hydreigon. Abomasnow isn't very cute, but I would say it's imposing and he certainly looks like he's worked up over something.

What it Does
-Lets Abomasnow boost its attacking prowess while still maintaining a strong priority Ice Shard
-As opposed to SD sets, Abomasnow can now use Giga Drain to keep itself at full HP, elongating the sweep

Why it's Balanced
-Sets will now lack Earthquake, leaving them prone to Steel and Fire-types walling them
-A +1 boost doesn't make Abomasnow's hits unlivable for bulky 'mons
-Things not 4x weak to Ice Shard will live, even at +1

Stat Change: +20 Attack

Flavor: He looks tough to me

What it Does
-Allows for some more KO's and gives Gatr that he always seems to be lacking
HP invested Celebi
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Feraligatr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 309-367 (76.4 - 90.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

Defensive Hippow
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 320-377 (76.1 - 89.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

AV Metagross
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Feraligatr Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 330-390 (90.6 - 107.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Defensive Amoonguss
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Feraligatr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Amoonguss: 309-367 (71.5 - 84.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

Defensive Pert
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 191-226 (47.6 - 56.3%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

-Can go toe to toe with some of these walls as well, due to his good bulk as a water-type

Why it's Balanced
-Revenged by pretty much any scarfer due to its low speed
-Still has trouble against some of the typical tanks such as pert
-DDance sets either lack coverage or priority leaving him vulnerable to walling or being killed by priority.

Last edited:

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Meloetta: Fairy/Psychic stays Normal/Fighting on transform
Fairy/Psychic is much better defensive typing than Normal/Psychic ever was, with Meloetta shedding its weakness to Pursuit, Knock Off, etc, and gaining a valuable 4x resistances to fighting, while balancing it with weaknesses to Poison and Steel. STAb dazzling gleam would hurt of base 128 SpA, and gets past Darks immune to the Psychic STAB.

Mega Abomasnow: Icicle Crash

Flavor: He's a giant Icicle snow monster.

This gives Swords Dance sets a physical Ice move other than Ice Shard to break through some walls he would have trouble with otherwise, and avoids recoil of wood hammer. A very niche move, but Abomasnow has a great

Feraligatr: Tough Claws

Flavor: He has big claws

Is basically Sheer Force except it affects Frustration and Superpower while giving up recoil less Life Orb on some moves, power boost is awesome. Feraligatr would become a much more prominent force in the metagame if he were to gain an ability that affected his coverage moves as well as his STABs.

Metagross: Download

Flavor: It's a supercomputer

Basically this allows mixed Metagross to really shine as it buffs Grass Knot and HP Fire to get past stuff like Forretress and Swampert, while also giving his physical moves power in some situations. This would also allow use of an item like E-belt for luring. Gives him merit as a Wallbreaker when he really has none right now. This would also benefit the metagame by the use of Expert Belt thanks to Gross's amazing coverage both physical and special.The item is being underused right now and could come to prominence with download metagross.

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I must admit, Analytic and Download Metagross both sound really cool.

I like the idea of Icicle Crash - why the hell doesn't he already get this? - but I'm not sure I can see what sets I'd use it on. Physical sets would probably prefer the coverage of Seed Bomb or the power of Wood Hammer, since breaking through bulky waters is one of Aboma's strengths, and EQ has always felt like a must-have to catch Fire and Steel types on the switch. Mixed sets will almost always prefer Blizzard for their Ice STAB.

Sage

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Icicle Crash is a viable alternative for Swords Dance sets, and is more than twice as powerful as ice shard. For teams that don't need the priority, it would be good to have the muscle on something like Mega Ampharos (lives an EQ). It is incredibly niche but it had merit over ice shard in certain situations. Obama has almost all he needs anyway.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah, I think Mega-Abomasnow is pretty underrated as-is, so I agree he doesn't need much to be viable. Native Trick Room access might be nice as an alternative to SD on a boosting set, I guess, but that's pretty much exclusive to Psychics, Fairies and Ghosts.

Sage

Yeah, I think Mega-Abomasnow is pretty underrated as-is, so I agree he doesn't need much to be viable. Native Trick Room access might be nice as an alternative to SD on a boosting set, I guess, but that's pretty much exclusive to Psychics, Fairies and Ghosts.
I used him to pretty good success on a Dark Horse Trick Room team (1583) and having Icicle Crash woulda been much better imo. He does have most of what he needs for tes that need him though. Trick Room would be awesome but flavor wise makes no sense.

Feraligatr: +20 Speed - I don't usually like giving stat boosts on their own, but the main buff I wanted to give Gatr (Sheer Force) was already taken, so here we go. Going from 78->98 Speed allows him to outspeed several key threats that he can OKHO after an SD like Krookodile, Nidoking, Chandelure, Darmanitan, Haxorus, and Goodra. The DD set also loses checks in the form of several scarfers that occupied that speed range, including Rotom-Heat and the aforementioned Chandelure.

Metagross: Bulletproof - This one might stretch it a bit, but every one of my other ideas was already taken. Made of metal, and looks like it could remain unperturbed by balls and bombs. The main draw here is the immunity to Shadow Ball, although Focus Blast and Aura Sphere are helpful as well. He can now hard counter certain Psychic types like Alakazam, since they relied on the first two moves I listed for coverage. However, the main Shadow Ball user (Chandelure) and main Aura Sphere user (Blastoise) both have other ways of hitting Metagross super-effectively, so it isn't too strong.

Meloetta: Normal/Fairy Typing - She looks fairy-ish, and as a "melody" Pokemon, she now matches the typing of Jigglypuff, the original singing Pokemon. it's kind of like Hogg's nomination, but switching Psychic out instead. Though she has to settle for Dazzling Gleam for STAB instead of Psychic, the main draw comes from the defensive bonus, doubling both her resistances and immunities. She does much better against Hydreigon and her STABs can actually touch Sableye and does better against Dark-types in general. Her SubCM set now breaks through Umbreon and defensive Mega Ampharos better, in exchange for doing slightly worse against Blissey and Jirachi.

Mega Abomasnow: Leaf Storm - He's a snowy tree. Granted, they might be intended as pine needles but they look a little thick for that. I can't really think of any other buffs to give him that make sense or haven't been posted. Now to go off of 100% accurate Blizzards you have another nuke from the special side. Given his low speed, MegaSnow would probably like to OHKO as much as he could, and Leaf Storm nets him some nice OHKOs that Giga Drain could not against Mega Blastoise and Froslass for example. You probably still want Earthquake for general coverage though. Otherwise, hit decently hard and then switch out.

Wild Card: Dragalge w/Adaptability and +10 HP/+10 SpA: I, probably like many others, wanted Sheer Force Feraligatr here. Unfortunately, he's up above, so I'm left with this for my "why isn't this released yet" nomination. Stat changes try to approach my interpretation of a Skrelp evolution, and the extra power is welcome as he still can't touch Blissey or Jirachi. Adaptability gives a significant boost to the power of some of his STABs, namely Draco Meteor, and Dragalge doesn't care about Fairies because of a boosted Sludge Bomb. To give a taste of his power, a Specs Dragalge has an 80% chance of OHKOing Lucario with a resisted Draco Meteor. The Specs set I'd say is his best bet, OHKOing pretty much everything that doesn't resist it bar dedicated special walls. His defensive sets have been slightly buffed as well, but I suspect he'd be best as a wallbreaker.

Mega Abomasnow: Petal Blizzard
Flavour: Why the fuck it hasn't gotten that is beyond me.

So basically Petal Blizzard is a really nice move, having a nice 90 base power without any negative side effect, unlike the recoiling Wood Hammer or the slightly weaker Seed Bomb that Aboma gets. It gives the SD set a powerful Grass STAB without making Aboma dying while hitting stuff like Blissey, which is nice

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
OK, I've had a few ideas for my wild card, but here is the one I'm going with.

Klinklang

NEW ABILITY: Technician
NEW MOVE: Bulldoze

Does it bother anyone else that, despite the fact that he's got above-average defenses, good typing, decent Speed and access to one of the best boosting moves in the game, Klinklang is useless outside of NU?

His movepool is just so barren, and his ability is beyond pointless. I mean, Plus and Minus is useless even when you actually have a passable Special Attack.

So I was thinking, why not Technician? He's a motor part, so it makes sense, and Technician would be a nice buff on Gear Grind, his signature move. That'll give him some punch even without a Shift Gear under his belt.

But of course, even with Technician his movepool sucks. But since we're allowed a second buff for a wild card, I thought it might be nice to add Bulldoze. Even with a Technician boost it's still a little weaker than EQ, but it has a nice side effect and again makes sense thematically - Bulldoze is given to nearly all Steel types. I don't know why they skipped Klinklang.

So now, with Technician-boosted Gear Grind and Bulldoze, he actually has a couple of decent moves. He can run an offensive set of Shift Gear/Gear Grind/Bulldoze/Wild Charge or Return that would actually be pretty solid in UU. The miss chance on Gear Grind and the fact that he will have to choose between being walled by the Rotom forms or bulky waters will keep him from being unstoppable, but these changes would mean it might actually be viable in the tier.

UnicornDemon

Banned deucer.
Meleotta- Change typing to Normal/Ghost- much better STAB coverage and far greater defensive typing. Also, it makes sense flavorwise when you consider its dead gaze and creepy thumbless hands.
Feraligatr- Sheer Force
Metagross- Speed Boost
Mega Abomasnow- uhh... man how do you fix something this bad... How about trick room?

Meleotta- Change typing to Normal/Ghost- much better STAB coverage and far greater defensive typing. Also, it makes sense flavorwise when you consider its dead gaze and creepy thumbless hands.
Feraligatr- Sheer Force
Metagross- Speed Boost
Mega Abomasnow- uhh... man how do you fix something this bad... How about trick room?

*Shudders* lmao

Mega Snow is actually really good tbh Most people try playing it like regular snow (Blizz Spam), but honestly going Mixed, or even purely physical is 100% viable. I used it for my September DH and good ol' Frosty Paws was my WinCon almost every game.

Sage

Wild Card: Shiftry
Buffs: +20 Attack, Prankster

Flavor: It needs more Attack and in the anime it was very sneaky. Looks like a trickster to me.

Shiftry is an awesome mon, shown by his reign of terror in UU, and very versatile. However, in UU he can't hit hard enough and is too slow to be a factor. This buff alleviates those problems, while still keeping him balanced. If you hadn't noticed, shiftry's abilities are garbage. Basically Prankster is there to make him viable as a defogger. This would not be token because of how incredibly frail Shiftry is, and it would most likely die if defogging on any offensive mon, playing differently from your Crobat or mega Aerodactyl. Also gives him priority Endure weakness policy looking at you shitten ;)). Anyway, 20 Atk is so that the Swords Dance set is truly threatening, and not viewed as an inferior Absol. With an item they rival each other in power. A set I could see would be Swords Dance Sucker Punch Knock Off Defog, and he still has options like Leaf Storm, Seed Bomb, Nasty Plot even. Shiftry still wouldn't be broken due to a while good offensive typing, also horrible defensive one, giving it limited switch in opportunities. It also is immensely frail, and will crumple to any offensive move it doesn't resist. Finally it still only has base 80 speed, making it rely on Prankster and sucker punch to anything other than wallbreak.

Sage

Feraligatr- Sheer Force
Metagross- Speed Boost
Sorry to double post but I believe Sheer Force Gatr is taken, and how does your buffs make sense? They should have at least se flavor, IE why would Metagross get Speed Boost? Not saying you're wrong but explain it in your post, and how the buffs would affect UU.

YABO

King Turt
Alright this might be a little too much for UU but I figure may as well post it for Wild Card

New Move: Boomburst

Flavor: A lion roaring seems fitting, gets Hyper Voice already.

This would immediately put Pyroar in the upper echelon of UU in my opinion. Pyroar is already stronger than Exploud, a mon known for simply clicking Boomburst and watching things die. In addition, its STAB Fire Blast would murder common Steel-type switch-ins like Jirachi. Conveniently, it also has 106 base speed which lets it outpace Mienshao. Its main weakness would be its susceptibility to being revenge killed by priority and its weakness to Stealth Rocks.

252 SpA Choice Specs Pyroar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jirachi: 342-404 (84.6 - 100%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Pyroar Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 24+ SpD Florges: 186-220 (51.6 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Pyroar Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 181-214 (45.9 - 54.3%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Pyroar Boomburst vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Mega Blastoise: 270-318 (75.4 - 88.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Pyroar Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 151-178 (40.3 - 47.5%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Alright this might be a little too much for UU but I figure may as well post it for Wild Card

New Move: Boomburst

Flavor: A lion roaring seems fitting, gets Hyper Voice already.

This would immediately put Pyroar in the upper echelon of UU in my opinion. Pyroar is already stronger than Exploud, a mon known for simply clicking Boomburst and watching things die. In addition, its STAB Fire Blast would murder common Steel-type switch-ins like Jirachi. Conveniently, it also has 106 base speed which lets it outpace Mienshao. Its main weakness would be its susceptibility to being revenge killed by priority and its weakness to Stealth Rocks.

252 SpA Choice Specs Pyroar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jirachi: 342-404 (84.6 - 100%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Pyroar Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 24+ SpD Florges: 186-220 (51.6 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Pyroar Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 181-214 (45.9 - 54.3%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Pyroar Boomburst vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Mega Blastoise: 270-318 (75.4 - 88.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Pyroar Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 151-178 (40.3 - 47.5%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
This seems a bit too powerful, explouds flaw is that it is slow, and meh special attack. Pyroar has a great speed tier, higher SpA and a better dual stab, it would have a hard time with Rock types, but it could probably muscle through them aside from diance. This thing just seems a bit too powerful for me.

Feraligator: i would say Sheer Force, even though its his hidden ability, but ill suggest strong jaw, flavor wise, its an alligator, it gives it psudo stab on ice fang and crunch.

Meloetta: I would Change either change it to Psychic/Fairy and give it Dazzling Gleam, Flavor, its fucking adorable. Arguably better typing, while being able to take on more mons defensively.

Mega Abamasnow: Imma make an OU Theorymon suggestion in Technition. This thing gets a ton of moves boosted, some such as bulldoze, ice shard, frost breath, bullet seed, hidden power. With 132 Mixed attacking stats, this thing will take hits and hit back.

Metagross: Bulletproof. Flavorwise, it doesn't look like it can be hit by bullets. It'll have an easer time switching into the oh so spammable shadow ball, as well as a ton of other moves.

Wild Card: Fairy/Fighting Gallade with Play Rough. Flavorwise, Gardevoir became fairy, so Gallade should too, plus thats what everyone expected for Mega Gallade, as for play rough, its pretty much just a fairy CC IMO. But Fairy and fighting coverage has almost unresisted coverage, except for poison, but Gallade can carry a psychic move for that.

Sorry if someone suggested some of these, i didn't go through all of them.

Sorry about this being drastically late. I had a couple midterms this week, and unlike last year, I decided to put my education ahead of competitive Pokemon. Voting is now open!

Master B8s (nice username), all of your suggestions, with the exception of Mega-Abomasnow, have been used already. There was a page and a half of material to go through, there should be no excuse for such laziness. I'm not allowing your Mega-Abomasnow entry either, as it getting Technician makes no sense whatsoever. Furthermore, because your four entries are invalid, your wildcard entry is equally as invalid. Try again in a couple days when I start the new round.

YABO

King Turt
Download Metagross
Water/Dragon Feraligatr
+10 Defenses Abomasnow
Normal/Fairy Meloetta

Wildcard: Technician Klinklang

YABO

King Turt
Belly drum Gatr

Analytic Metagross

Meloetta with Boomburst

Spore Mega Snow

BB and FB Fletch for wildcard
Meloetta with Boomburst is too broke tbh.

Meloetta comes in and 2hkos every wall aside from Blissey with Boomburst and it has Psyshock for that. Popular Steel-types like Bronzong and Jirachi get bopped by Shadow Ball as well. Suggesting Pyroar with Boomburst was pushing it but Meloetta, that has to be over the line.

252 SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Florges: 178-211 (49.4 - 58.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 352-415 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Meloetta with Boomburst is too broke tbh.

Meloetta comes in and 2hkos every wall aside from Blissey with Boomburst and it has Psyshock for that. Popular Steel-types like Bronzong and Jirachi get bopped by Shadow Ball as well. Suggesting Pyroar with Boomburst was pushing it but Meloetta, that has to be over the line.

252 SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Florges: 178-211 (49.4 - 58.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 352-415 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Exploud is the best user IMO since scrappy blocks ghosts from trying to spam. Chandelure can setup subs and beat specs locked melo. Lets not forget that base 90 speed. While boomburst is very good on melo, exploud can spam it more. So, that right there is the balancing factor. I dont see too much of a difference between specs melo with boomburst and specs PZ with Adaptability boosted Tri attack.

Boomburst on pyroar would bring it up. But chandy walks even harder on pyroar with normal/fire immunity. So, thats a good improvent as well

Metagross really shouldnt have gotten heavy metal as it's hidden ability, all of these suggestion's are great, and fits very well, heck people could have even mentioned technetion or adaptability, and it would have made sense (broken af, but make sense.)

Ima go with Download, since it's a cool concept, and gives him the boosting he sorely needs, not to mention actually make use of his great special move-pool.

Mega snow is really underrated, and technitian makes him very unpredictable, which is nice.

Feraligatr: sheer force, hurry the f up GF, we want our beast.

Normal/ghost meloetta has perfect coverage, and owns the common ghost/fighting coverage thing, but melo is already great so yeah.

Psychic/Fairy Melo

Download Metagross

Tough Claws Feraligatr

Petal Blizzard M-Abomasnow I guess

Technician Klinklang for Wild Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)