Doubles CAP Peanut Gallery

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Hey folks! I was thinking of a good way to round up the pre-ORAS metagame (rip u will b miss) and I thought maybe we could run our very own CAP project in this subforum. For those who don't know, CAP is a project where we discuss and then vote on how to make a Pokemon that is designed to fill a niche in the current metagame in a series of steps, with the ultimate goal of getting it put on the simulator to see how we did (I'm going to be looking for someone to host the CAP on their OM sim if we do end up doing it so we could all test it out). I'm just posting this thread to see who would be interested in participating if we were to run such a project, so post if this sounds fun to you! If I get a good enough response, I'll get the project rolling shortly.

edit: because there was some confusion: this project would be building for the current doubles metagame with 720 pokemon, not the doubles metagame plus all the previous CAPs.

Last edited:
This is a great idea! Maybe we can even get some CAP regulars interested in doubles. I would definitely join in on the discussion

Stratos

Banned deucer.
pc++

Also we already have Mollux who incidentally beats a ton of relevant threats lol
this isnt for the 'cap doubles' metagame it is for the current doubles metagame; i'll put that in the op because i know thats a common confusion with CAP as a whole

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
this isnt for the 'cap doubles' metagame it is for the current doubles metagame; i'll put that in the op because i know thats a common confusion with CAP as a whole
I know that, but when have you known me to not be a dipshit

pwne edit: touche

Last edited by a moderator:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ill help if we make a move called 'cold kill: ice type that outspeeds and ohkos all scarf lando-t's and works as pursuit'

Seriously though, this could either work well or badly. What im saying is that it would be easy to make an 'anty-meta' poke which is basically an amoongus with a type that beats kanga/lando while having an ability which ignore follow me or something. It needs to be something that can check popular playstyles or whatever

anyway it sounds fun and it will hopefully attract more users

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Seriously though, this could either work well or badly. What im saying is that it would be easy to make an 'anty-meta' poke which is basically an amoongus with a type that beats kanga/lando while having an ability which ignore follow me or something. It needs to be something that can check popular playstyles or whatever
i have literally no clue what the fuck this paragraph is saying but ok

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i have literally no clue what the fuck this paragraph is saying but ok
Yeah that doesnt make much sense.. Im talking about making a 'perfect' mon for the meta, which would effectively be amoonguss v2, and im saying it would not be fun to play.

It doesnt have as much relevance here, but fan made projects always have bs shitty pokes that are broken. This will be different with leaders who have a competitive sense and try hard for a cap badge

Stratos

Banned deucer.
this wouldnt at all go towards a cap badge, so lets clear that up now, though it could go towards doubles Community Contributor;
anyways as long as the ppl participating aren't retarded we're going to make a balanced pokemon so i wouldnt worry about that

Yeah that doesnt make much sense.. Im talking about making a 'perfect' mon for the meta, which would effectively be amoonguss v2,
hello? amoonguss is far from perfect lol
I don't think it will be possible to create anything broken in doubles. We've banned literally nothing aside from the original banlist, after all. As pwnemon said, as long as people aren't idiots you shouldn't worry about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)