Official Smogon Fantasy Football PLAYOFF Thread (2014-15 Edition)

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
fuck Victor Cruz, fuck Stevan Ridley, fuck football, fuck fantasy ;-;
Stevan Ridley isn't even a viable fantasy starter in most leagues, and Cruz wasn't doing jack this season, so these aren't really big losses. Not as bad as those of us that have lost guys like Megatron, AJ Green, Adrian Peterson, etc.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've had those guys too across different leagues. This is more of a "holy fuck how many more things can my teams go through" post.

well...
rip aj green, rip jimmy graham
4-2 atm but gonna have to survive for next 3 weeks prob without them...not to mention cruz is done. and my qb is stafford who is garbage without megatron so hes nerfed too. gonna have to go undefeated to make playoffs after this x.x

On and on with the Vikings backfield. Drafted AP, then picked up the lead member of the Plod Squad (Asiata), now rolling with the talented McKinnon.

(ingram pls hury bak)

On and on with the Vikings backfield. Drafted AP, then picked up the lead member of the Plod Squad (Asiata), now rolling with the talented McKinnon.

(ingram pls hury bak)
ingrams coming back this week.. although idk how well hes gunna do against the best defense in the nfl (the detroit lions) (yes u read that right)

That's the plan, but it's tough throwing him in my lineup against one of the best run Ds when he'll almost assuredly be eased back into action

okay i need some advice here.

i've reached out to LBell owners in my other 2 leagues to see if they'd be open to a trade, since he's not been putting up good numbers and i might be able to capitalize on their frustration.

here's the first one:

this guy is starting Roy Helu at RB for fuck sake.

i feel like FJax + JBell for LBell is a pretty fair trade.

would give me an upgrade on FJax, and would give him two starting quality RBs.

the second one:

this girl is almost always dead last in the league and it pisses her off.

she can be petty, and she's a Steelers fan, so i don't know if that works for or against me at this point.

i'd LOVE to unload Zac Stacy + FJax for LBell, but i doubt she'd go for that.

i think she might go for a package deal including JGordon or something. i dunno.

is this as dumb as my other trade ideas?

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
in what world has Bell not been putting up good numbers? he has yet to get under 100 all-purpose yards a game

man you're mad overvaluing fjax. fjax and joique for le'veon is not fair. something like ellington and joique is closer to fair, value wise (I know you don't have ellington, just making an example)

zac stacy and fjax is an even worse offer imo

fred jackson is literally a top 10 rb up to this point of the season (in both scoring types), and cj spiller is being phased out of the offense

you have good enough depth in both leagues to attempt these trades, and since Bell obviously >> Jackson (even though it's technically "only" top 5 to borderline top 10) I would say try them both. I can't guarantee that either will bite, but you really don't have anything better to offer that won't negatively impact your team (ie team 1 really needs a WR, but you'd be selling low on Allen or Colston who should be ok for you and are big upgrades over your bench until Gordon returns).

in what world has Bell not been putting up good numbers? he has yet to get under 100 all-purpose yards a game

man you're mad overvaluing fjax. fjax and joique for le'veon is not fair. something like ellington and joique is closer to fair, value wise (I know you don't have ellington, just making an example)

zac stacy and fjax is an even worse offer imo
in PPR he's better
1Cle211 09 1 30
2Bal115 9 0 14
3car211 4 7 0 17
4TB196 3 0 16
5Jac158 2 0 16
6@Cle188 2 0 14

but in standard he's been pretty mediocre:
1Cle211 09 1 24
2Bal115 9 0 9
3car211 4 7 0 15
4TB196 3 0 10
5Jac158 2 0 11
6@Cle188 2 0 10

again, this trade is aimed to "buy low" on a back who hasn't had a TD since week 1.

fred jackson is literally a top 10 rb up to this point of the season (in both scoring types), and cj spiller is being phased out of the offense

you have good enough depth in both leagues to attempt these trades, and since Bell obviously >> Jackson (even though it's technically "only" top 5 to borderline top 10) I would say try them both. I can't guarantee that either will bite, but you really don't have anything better to offer that won't negatively impact your team (ie team 1 really needs a WR, but you'd be selling low on Allen or Colston who should be ok for you and are big upgrades over your bench until Gordon returns).
yeah i'm quietly patting myself on the back for depth.

i privately asked PPR owner if he's be interested in FJax + JBell and he seemed VERY interested.

standard owner said she'd think about it, but i haven't made an offer to her yet, hoping she'll tell me what she wants first and we can go from there.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
AJ Green and Megatron injuries fucking me so hard rn. AJ green was carrying me in smogon B league but now I might lose my good start I had because I am plagued with injuries and a crucial bye week

standard league chick said no, since he's the only good player she has.

ppr dude is seriously considering it. injuries to Graham/Cruz/Jennings really screwed him so he's weighing his options.

Nice Bears offense bro.

also your RB4 is better than your WR2, I'm not sure how that happens
just traded Fred Jackson and Mark Ingram for LBell too.

Allen is bound for a breakout. can't sit him.

sitting Colston and starting Holmes makes me feel weird, but the ARZ D has been leaky as fuck whereas the Lions D has been remarkably stout this year.

Deschain I feel like Andre Holmes has a lot of boom or bust potential. He also drops a couple balls a game. On the other hand, James Jones has been scoring a TD per game pretty much; he has good chemistry with Carr and is a consistent possession receiver. I think Jones is pretty underrated since people think anything Raiders = crap.

Allen is really fucking confusing... he's probably a bit like Marques Colston of the past couple years in terms of fantasy production, still one of the leading targets on the team but Rivers spreads the ball around too much and he's not good enough after the catch or in open space to consistently put up huge numbers. Theoretically he has the talent to turn it around at any time, and he has the snap/target count to do so, but I'm not sure it's going to happen until either Floyd and/or Gates get hurt/slow down (which, given their age, is bound to happen).

I'm hoping he turns it around, though, drafting him in the 3rd is the one blight on my otherwise impressive money league team (as long as Ben Tate doesn't get hurt (again)).

Yeah, I traded for Allen a couple weeks ago thinking it was a good buy-low, but now that I think about it, Allen kind of had the perfect storm for a breakout his rookie year. Gates didn't have the resurgence he's having this year and Floyd only played in two games the entire season. Not to say KA doesn't have the talent to turn things around, but it's like Killah said, Rivers spreads the ball around and the Chargers will pound the rock with Oliver/Mathews (when he returns), so it's probably not likely.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I had a FA claim open for a certain person, ready to pick him up for this week, I fall asleep on the couch and the games start. Now knowing my luck for the season (e.g. cutting Forsett after the Ravens announced another player as the starter, Calvin Johnson and a bunch of other injuries), someone is gonna beat me to this guy and he's going to go for a huge rest of season...

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hope Spiller isn't out long term, I'm already down Rashad Jennings and AJ Green in this league and am running out of players -_-

EDIT: fml...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)