[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It could, but considering how easy it is to RNG on Black and White, why not just RNG your own and offer it for trade?

It could, but considering how easy it is to RNG on Black and White, why not just RNG your own and offer it for trade?
Alright thanks for letting me know. as for bw rng, im still getting the hang of it lol. rngd my first 5th gen mon (mild 6iv ditto) just yesterday XD

So this morning something really weird happened: a guy on the PSS randomly offered to trade his Jirachi for a Victini. I accepted, seeing as 1) I had an extra Victini, 2) they did nothing but sit in the box since they were transferred to X, and 3) I really love Jirachi. It seems to be a legit Channel Jirachi, but seeing as I got it from a passerby, I'd just like to make sure.

Language: German
Species: Jirachi
OT: CHANNEL
ID No.: 40122
IVs: Partially unknown; 1-14 HP/15-28 Atk/15-28 Def/30 SpA/15-17 SDef/1-14 Spe, HP Water, "Above average" overall
EVs (optional): None
Ability: Serene Grace
Pokemon's name: Jirachi
Level: 5
Pokeball: Regular Pokeball
Shiny?: No
Moves: Wish, Confusion, Rest
Nature: Bashful
Region of origin: Hoenn
Characteristic: Highly Curious
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): The memory girl says this: "This Pokemon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember... And... Jirachi became Dave's friend when it arrived via Link Trade at... a riverside road. The Pokemon remembers that it was happy."

So this morning something really weird happened: a guy on the PSS randomly offered to trade his Jirachi for a Victini. I accepted, seeing as 1) I had an extra Victini, 2) they did nothing but sit in the box since they were transferred to X, and 3) I really love Jirachi. It seems to be a legit Channel Jirachi, but seeing as I got it from a passerby, I'd just like to make sure.

IVs: Partially unknown; 1-14 HP/15-28 Atk/15-28 Def/30 SpA/15-17 SDef/1-14 Spe, HP Water, "Above average" overall
Other comments (optional): The memory girl says this: "This Pokemon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember... And... Jirachi became Dave's friend when it arrived via Link Trade at... a riverside road. The Pokemon remembers that it was happy."
Seems fine. If it had perfect IVs it'd be most likely a hack, since Channel Jirachi can't be RNGed.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12

Legal, it would help if you get the exact IVs though.

I was just looking through the giveaways, and I noticed something about a limited number of IVs for hex flawless legends from gen 3/4. I got a shiny hex flawless rayquaza (from hoenn I think) from a giveaway on another site, and I was wondering if it was hacked?

So I received a non-shiny Genesect and I'm curious, ot and id match plasma event, cherish ball, moves, and level are normal. Ivs 0-0-0-0-0-29 adamant nature. It doesn't have any ribbons though, shouldn't it have a classic ribbon? And if it is hacked, why all the zero ivs?

So I received a non-shiny Genesect and I'm curious, ot and id match plasma event, cherish ball, moves, and level are normal. Ivs 0-0-0-0-0-29 adamant nature. It doesn't have any ribbons though, shouldn't it have a classic ribbon? And if it is hacked, why all the zero ivs?
All Genesect events are supposed to have a ribbon, it's hacked, as for the IVs, who knows.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Because hackers do stupid things.

Because hackers do stupid things.
Wow, kind of a waste of time. I mean if someone is going to hack might as well give it flawless stats. Thanks for the info!

EDIT:I guess if you're hacking, you're already lazy so that makes sense

Last edited:

dialganet

Banned deucer.
Good evening guys, I might require your assistance for a problem that has surfaced. Given that the chances are that I will reopen a thread in a few days, here's what happened. I offered a Dialga on the GTS looking for a Thundurus. Given the Thundurus I received, I feel I might be trolled with an hack or otherwise I've been extremely lucky.

Language: ING
Species: Thundurus
OT: Ninja
ID No.: 28352
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/xx
EVs (optional): 252 spatk 252 speed 6 defense
Ability: Prankster
Pokemon's name: Thundurus
Level: 50
Pokeball: Dusk Ball
Shiny?: yes
Moves: it originally had Rain Dance, Focus Blast, Thunder and Nasty Plot
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: Unova
Characteristic: Mischievious
Ribbons: none
Other comments (optional): Here's where things get fishy. The ivs guy tells me the first 5 ivs are perfect and (obviously) the potential is outstanding. The guy has max speed evs with a stat of 178 (my legit flawless timid Latias at level 51 sits at 181, I think they ties at level 50, so it's likely that he has 30 speed ivs) but the hidden power guy keep telling me that its HP is ice (where I think it should be dragon, right?). I actually tested it on a graveler and was indeed super effective. If it's not hacked, and I doubt of that, I'd share him in my future thread. If the Thundurus is hacked, thanks for the assistance.

Good evening guys, I might require your assistance for a problem that has surfaced. Given that the chances are that I will reopen a thread in a few days, here's what happened. I offered a Dialga on the GTS looking for a Thundurus. Given the Thundurus I received, I feel I might be trolled with an hack or otherwise I've been extremely lucky.

Language: ING
Species: Thundurus
OT: Ninja
ID No.: 28352
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/xx
EVs (optional): 252 spatk 252 speed 6 defense
Ability: Prankster
Pokemon's name: Thundurus
Level: 50
Pokeball: Dusk Ball
Shiny?: yes
Moves: it originally had Rain Dance, Focus Blast, Thunder and Nasty Plot
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: Unova
Characteristic: Mischievious
Ribbons: none
Other comments (optional): Here's where things get fishy. The ivs guy tells me the first 5 ivs are perfect and (obviously) the potential is outstanding. The guy has max speed evs with a stat of 178 (my legit flawless timid Latias at level 51 sits at 181, I think they ties at level 50, so it's likely that he has 30 speed ivs) but the hidden power guy keep telling me that its HP is ice (where I think it should be dragon, right?). I actually tested it on a graveler and was indeed super effective. If it's not hacked, and I doubt of that, I'd share him in my future thread. If the Thundurus is hacked, thanks for the assistance.
The spread of 31/31/31/31/31/30 is HP Ice not HP Dragon. So, there's nothing wrong about the Hidden power. As for the hack check, I'm not good at that, so someone else will help you with that.

dialganet

Banned deucer.
The spread of 31/31/31/31/31/30 is HP Ice not HP Dragon. So, there's nothing wrong about the Hidden power. As for the hack check, I'm not good at that, so someone else will help you with that.
Wow, didn't know that. Given the fact that every hp ice mon I've had and seen had two 30 ivs (and perfect speed), I wasn't aware of this spread. Thank you very much, that was the thing I was the most worried about.

EDIT: the memory girl just tells me that she can't find memories, only that thundurus was examined by a judge (I actually did that about 10 times since I couldn't believe my eyes) and that he was sleepy while being examinated. Dunno if it can help the hack check.

Wow, didn't know that. Given the fact that every hp ice mon I've had and seen had two 30 ivs (and perfect speed), I wasn't aware of this spread. Thank you very much, that was the thing I was the most worried about.

EDIT: the memory girl just tells me that she can't find memories, only that thundurus was examined by a judge (I actually did that about 10 times since I couldn't believe my eyes) and that he was sleepy while being examinated. Dunno if it can help the hack check.
I'm pretty sure checking the memory won't do good, as that's only a valid check for mons' bred/caught in 6th Gen (X/Y)

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
The new patch prevents them from being used in battles and I presume traded on PSS. Could be wrong, I haven't tried to test it myself.
I can confirm Hoopa can be traded through Wifi. Also Latiosite and Latiasite. Weird but true.
No word on Volcanion having its ban lifted though.

I can confirm Hoopa can be traded through Wifi. Also Latiosite and Latiasite. Weird but true.
Yeah I didn't try to test it out, I know some people put them in their game and tried using them in battles which they could not due to the recent patch but was not aware of the other limitations. Though anyone with a brain cell will know they are un-released hacks.

Just got latiO/Asite... It is true.
The guy wanted to trade hoopa but my wife failed so I can't confirm it.

TheMantyke Zekrom and Reshiram are confirmed to no longer be shiny locked, only if from ORAS.

In addition, for everyone worrying about Hoopa, it was a gaffe, it's no longer tradeable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)