[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Hi, I'm a regular user from PS and I've been doing lots of trades in the Wifi Room.

After discovering the features that Powersaves can now edit the IVs, Natures, Genders, etc. of a specific Poke, I've been having problems of determining the Pokes' status and it legitimacies. I was wondering if its possible to check Pokes personality value if it was doctored or not?

Hello everybody, I've recently obtained a pokemon that I got very excited about. Although I don't think it is hacked and the event information seems to be compatible, I'm completely clueless when it comes to events, so I really wanted to ask people who would know how to spot if something was off... I think the reason I'm doing this is because I thought it was too good to be true.D: But it was practically a gift (a really good one) and I believe the trainer who got me this had good intentions! Could it have been RNGed?

Language: english
Species: Jirachi
OT: GAMESTP
ID No.: 02270
IVs: 31 31 31 31 31 31
EVs: EVs are spread around, appears to be due to levelling
Ability: serene grace
Pokemon's name: Jirachi
Level: 43
Pokeball: Cherish
Shiny?: no
Moves: iron head, drain punch, thunder punch, ice punch
Nature: Adamant
Region of origin: "a fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Sinnoh region"
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ribbons: Sinnoh Champion, Effort, Alert, Shock, Snooze, Relax, Careless, Downcast, Smile, Gorgeous, Royal, Gourgeous Royal, Footprint, Legend, Classic, Contest Memory 20
Other comments (optional): -

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to know if this thing is legal, I have my doubts about it so yeah, that's why I'm asking.

Language: English
Species: Sharpedo
OT: Richard
ID No: 23425
IVs: 31 31 31 10 31 31
EVs:
100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Ability: Speed Boost
Level: 100
Pokeball: Normal Ball.
Shiny?: Yes
Moves: Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Protect, Destiny Bond
Region of origin: Kalos
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Ribbons: Kalos Champ Ribbon.
Other comments (optional): I got this from someone in Nugget Bridge as a way to say thanks after helping him with a HA female he needed badly, but considering Nugget Bridge's "softer" rules regarding hacks compared to Smogon's, I have my doubts about it. It also has memories, if that still matters for detecting 6th Gen hacks nowadays.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Hello everybody, I've recently obtained a pokemon that I got very excited about. Although I don't think it is hacked and the event information seems to be compatible, I'm completely clueless when it comes to events, so I really wanted to ask people who would know how to spot if something was off... I think the reason I'm doing this is because I thought it was too good to be true.D: But it was practically a gift (a really good one) and I believe the trainer who got me this had good intentions! Could it have been RNGed?

Language: english
Species: Jirachi
OT: GAMESTP
ID No.: 02270
IVs: 31 31 31 31 31 31
EVs: EVs are spread around, appears to be due to levelling
Ability: serene grace
Pokemon's name: Jirachi
Level: 43
Pokeball: Cherish
Shiny?: no
Moves: iron head, drain punch, thunder punch, ice punch
Region of origin: "a fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Sinnoh region"
Ribbons: Sinnoh Champion, Effort, Alert, Shock, Snooze, Relax, Careless, Downcast, Smile, Gorgeous, Royal, Gourgeous Royal, Footprint, Legend, Classic, Contest Memory 20
Other comments (optional): -
Seems legitimate enough. The thing that sticks out at me are the ribbons, though. Is there any chance you could get this checked for PID, and other hidden details?
I'd like to know if this thing is legal, I have my doubts about it so yeah, that's why I'm asking.

Species: Sharpedo
OT: Richard
ID No: 23425
IVs: 31 31 31 10 31 31
EVs:
100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Ability: Speed Boost
Pokeball: Normal Ball.
Moves: Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Protect, Destiny Bond
Region of origin: Kalos
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Ribbons: Kalos Champ Ribbon.
Other comments (optional): I got this from someone in Nugget Bridge as a way to say thanks after helping him with a HA female he needed badly, but considering Nugget Bridge's "softer" rules regarding hacks compared to Smogon's, I have my doubts about it. It also has memories, if that still matters for detecting 6th Gen hacks nowadays.

I looked around and found this, so I suppose it's somewhat safe to presume it hasn't been shinified (at least). No way to check the IVs, though :(.

Thanks a lot, guys! But I actually can't do that myself, unfortunately - is there any place/part of the forum I could request someone to obtain these details?D:

Last edited:
I've had this Milotic for a while and was so excited when I first got it. However, recent talk at my Pokémon League has got me thinking otherwise. Thanks for all your help in advance!

Species: Milotic
OT: Irving
ID No.: 29052
IVs: 7 HP / 24 Atk / 13 Def / 25 Sp.Atk / 15 Sp.Def / 12 Spe
EVs (optional): 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp.Def
Ability: Marvel Scale
Pokemon's name: Milotic
Pokeball: Ultra Ball
Moves: Recover, Dragon Tail
Nature: Modest
Region of origin: Unova
Characteristic: Highly Curious
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): I got this Pokémon during a 1-on-1 GTS trade. It was lvl.66 when I first received it. I EV trained this Pokémon myself.

I've had this Milotic for a while and was so excited when I first got it. However, recent talk at my Pokémon League has got me thinking otherwise. Thanks for all your help in advance!

Species: Milotic
OT: Irving
ID No.: 29052
IVs: 7 HP / 24 Atk / 13 Def / 25 Sp.Atk / 15 Sp.Def / 12 Spe
EVs (optional): 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp.Def
Ability: Marvel Scale
Pokemon's name: Milotic
Moves: Recover, Dragon Tail
Characteristic: Highly Curious
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): I got this Pokémon during a 1-on-1 GTS trade. It was lvl.66 when I first received it. I EV trained this Pokémon myself.
Seems legal, Probably just a random shiny that someone caught in B/W/BW2. The IVs aren't even that good so it's pretty unlikely that it's hacked.

Seems legitimate enough. The thing that sticks out at me are the ribbons, though. Is there any chance you could get this checked for PID, and other hidden details?

I looked around and found this, so I suppose it's somewhat safe to presume it hasn't been shinified (at least). No way to check the IVs, though :(.
The PID is 3747098A (thank you .com!)!:D

Hello there, I'm a new member on this board. Just got this Latias Shiny (which is fake IMO) but I just wanted to make sure.

Language: ENG
Species: Latias
OT: i1338
ID No.: 17771
EVs (optional): 111 HP / 78 Def / 106 Sp.Def / S.Att 101 /Spd. 92
IVs: Don't know how to calculate those : (
Ability: Levitate
Pokemon's name: Latias
Level: 35
Pokeball: Fast Ball
Moves: Tailwind, Magic Coat, Trick, Defog
Region of origin: Johto
Characteristic: Often Dozes off
Ribbons: Premier Ribbon

Hello there, I'm a new member on this board. Just got this Latias Shiny (which is fake IMO) but I just wanted to make sure.

Language: ENG
OT: i1338
ID No.: 17771
EVs (optional): 111 HP / 78 Def / 106 Sp.Def / S.Att 101 /Spd. 92
Level: 35
Pokeball: Fast Ball
Moves: Tailwind, Magic Coat, Trick, Defog
Characteristic: Often Dozes off
Hacked, OT is a known hacker.

Hacked, OT is a known hacker.
Alright, I'm not surprised. Thanks for your help.

What about those? Just got them :

Language: Jap.
Species: Jirachi/ ジラーチ
OT: たなばた
ID No.: 08014
EVs (optional): 43 HP / 28 Def / 28 Sp.Def / S.Att 25 /Spd. 30
Ability: Serene Grace
Pokemon's name: ジラーチ
Level: 10
Pokeball: Cherish Ball
Moves: Wish, Swift, Healing Wish, Moon Blast
Nature: Jolly
Region of origin: PC Tohoku
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon
Hold Item: Star Piece

Language: Eng.
Species: Mew
OT: FAL2010
ID No.: 10160
EVs (optional): 25 HP / 16 Def / 16 Att. /13 Sp.Def / 15 S.Att / 16 Spd.
Ability: Synchronize
Pokemon's name: Mew
Level: 5
Shiny?: No.
Moves: Pound
Nature: Naive
Characteristic: Likes to fight

Language:
Species: Arceus
OT: MICHINA
ID No.: 02010
EVs (optional): 382 HP / 276 Def / 248 Att. /276 Sp.Def / 372 S.Att / 339 Spd.
Ability: Multitype
Pokemon's name: Arceus
Moves: Jugement, Roar Of Time, Spacial Rend, Shadow Force
Region of origin: Sinnoh
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about

Language: Jap.
Species: Victini/ ビクティニ
OT: トウホク
ID No.: 11252
EVs (optional): 362 HP / 256 Def / 286 Att. / 256 Sp.Def / 286 S.Att / 256 Spd.
Ability: Victorious
Pokemon's name: ビクティニ
Moves: V-Create, Blue Flare, Bolt Strike, Glaciate
Region of origin: Unys

Thanks in advance : )

I got this pokemon from a trade and I would like to know if its hacked before I do any battle with it. Almost certain it is but if it isn't it would be great.
Species: Breloom
OT: GYP
ID No.: 43688
EVs (optional): Max attack and max speed.
IVs: Perfect
Ability: Technician
Pokemon's name: Breloom
Pokeball: Poke Ball
Moves: Spore Mach Punch Seed Bomb Stone Edge
Nature: Adament
Thanks to whoever hack checks it.

Last edited:
I received a Shiny Latias and Latios (Both Impish, OT Bruce, no idea what IVs yet, No Ribbons), is there a way to know if they are hacked or not?

1)
Language:
OT: Bruce
ID No.: 42626
IVs: No idea yet
EVs (optional):
Level: 41
Pokeball: standard pokeball
Shiny?: yes
Moves: Heal Pulse, Dragon Breath, Mist Ball, Dive
Nature: Impish
Region of origin: Hoenn (i guess), Southern Island
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ribbons: none

2)
Language:
Species: Latios
IVs: no idea yet
EVs (optional):
Pokemon's name: Latios
Level: 40
Moves: Protect, Refresh, Luster Purge, Zen Headbutt
Region of origin: Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Jhoto Region
Characteristic: Likes to run

Last edited:
Language: JPN
OT: 3 characters
ID No.: 00000
IVs: 30 / 13 - 15 / 30 - 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
EVs (optional): 252 speed 252 SpA 4 hp
Pokemon's name: 5 characters
Level: 61
Pokeball: regular pokeball
Moves: dragon pulse, psychic, recover, calm mind
Nature: timid
Ribbons: Hoenn Champion Ribbion (Gave it that in oras)
Other comments (optional): the 00000 id seems suspicious

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I got this pokemon from a trade and I would like to know if its hacked before I do any battle with it. Almost certain it is but if it isn't it would be great.
Species: Breloom
OT: GYP
ID No.: 43688
EVs (optional): Max attack and max speed.
IVs: Perfect
Ability: Technician
Pokemon's name: Breloom
Pokeball: Poke Ball
Moves: Spore Mach Punch Seed Bomb Stone Edge
Nature: Adament
Thanks to whoever hack checks it.
Looks legal. Likely an RNG bred egg.

I received a Shiny Latias and Latios (Both Impish, OT Bruce, no idea what IVs yet, No Ribbons), is there a way to know if they are hacked or not?

1)
Language:
IVs: No idea yet
EVs (optional):
Level: 41
Pokeball: standard pokeball
Moves: Heal Pulse, Dragon Breath, Mist Ball, Dive
Region of origin: Hoenn (i guess), Southern Island
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits

2)
Language:
Species: Latios
IVs: no idea yet
EVs (optional):
Pokemon's name: Latios
Level: 40
Moves: Protect, Refresh, Luster Purge, Zen Headbutt
Region of origin: Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Jhoto Region
Characteristic: Likes to run
If they're from separate games with the exact same OT and ID, then they're almost certainly hacked.

ID 00000 is possible, and can be easily RNG abused in Gen IV, but it being shiny and being caught in a normal Poke Ball strikes me as suspicious. Can you check the SID and the Pokemon's PID via PkHex? It would easier to confirm if it's hacked or not with them.

If they're from separate games with the exact same OT and ID, then they're almost certainly hacked.
This is false, well true most times, but not always. I play Soul silver on my computer using an emulator and I load my SAV into heart gold to catch legendaries. (latios/latias). Both have my TID and SID and OT and they're legit. I can easily RNG my id on the heart gold to get the same exact one on my soul silver, but the sav files are interchangeable with both games.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
This is false, well true most times, but not always. I play Soul silver on my computer using an emulator and I load my SAV into heart gold to catch legendaries. (latios/latias). Both have my TID and SID and OT and they're legit. I can easily RNG my id on the heart gold to get the same exact one on my soul silver, but the sav files are interchangeable with both games.
Hence why I say almost certainty. If the Latias came from a Gen III game, then the individual could've RNG'd the TID and used the same OT. However, not many people are gonna go through the trouble of RNGing the same TID through multiple saves, especially a seemingly random TID of 42626 as opposed to something like 00000. Copying save files is also irrelevant considering the Latios is from Gen IV while the Latias is from either Gen III or VI.

If the Latias is from ORAS (which I assume it is if the poster knows it's from southern island), then TID RNG abuse is also a moot point unless the OT RNG abused the TID from HGSS to mirror his ORAS TID, which again, is fairly unlikely.

In the particular case of the pokemon in question, it's fairly unlikely that the IDs were RNGed, since one is a 6th gen. save. Otherwise, yeah, IDs are easy to RNG. I personally have a SoulSilver, White, and a Black2 game with the same TID (White and Black2 have the same SID too). So yeah, it could be done, but it's not really that commonly done. It's at least grounds for some suspicion, especially if one of the games is a 6th gen. game. True, they might have RNGed an older game to have the same ID, but it's far more likely that they just hacked it.

Hence why I say almost certainty. If the Latias came from a Gen III game, then the individual could've RNG'd the TID and used the same OT. However, not many people are gonna go through the trouble of RNGing the same TID through multiple saves, especially a seemingly random TID of 42626 as opposed to something like 00000. Copying save files is also irrelevant considering the Latios is from Gen IV while the Latias is from either Gen III or VI.

If the Latias is from ORAS (which I assume it is if the poster knows it's from southern island), then TID RNG abuse is also a moot point unless the OT RNG abused the TID from HGSS to mirror his ORAS TID, which again, is fairly unlikely.
Ah alright. Thanks for the enlightenment.
In the particular case of the pokemon in question, it's fairly unlikely that the IDs were RNGed, since one is a 6th gen. save. Otherwise, yeah, IDs are easy to RNG. I personally have a SoulSilver, White, and a Black2 game with the same TID (White and Black2 have the same SID too). So yeah, it could be done, but it's not really that commonly done. It's at least grounds for some suspicion, especially if one of the games is a 6th gen. game. True, they might have RNGed an older game to have the same ID, but it's far more likely that they just hacked it.
Yeah, if it's form 6th gen then I have nothing else to say about it (I haven't tried RNG in 6th gen [if it exists?]). Probably hacked, but that's going off of popular consensus.

Yeah, if it's form 6th gen then I have nothing else to say about it (I haven't tried RNG in 6th gen [if it exists?]). Probably hacked, but that's going off of popular consensus.
It's not possible to RNG on 6th gen, unless you count the time machine breeding method which doesnt apply to legendaries anyway.

I believe some people would RNG their past gen IDs and everything to match their 6th gen Trainer info so they can nickname their Pokemon on their 6th gen game. Obviously hard to tell for sure though.

Thanks for the help Xen but .com already helped me, and I confirmed the defense IV was 31, the latias is hacked

Reactions: Xen
Hello, I would like to blacklist Sagginglobes for trading me a hacked shiny Latias:

[380] Shiny Latias
OT:
Jacob (42133) (Lv. 100)
Nature: Bold - Ability: Levitate
IVs: 31/02/31/31/31/31
PP Max Moves: Defog, Draco Meteor, Roost, Psyshock
Tradeable Stock :

EV Trained: 128 HP, 252 Defense, 128 Special Attack
Notes:
This is Sagginglobes's Shiny Latias, and she said it was only re-distributable by her and I.

Disclaimer: No one has traded for this off of me, and thus, it will be removed from my thread with no one being wronged. I'm really shocked that she hacked it into a Masterball.

Special Thanks for .com for pointing this out to me. Thanks .com, you're freaking awesome. ^_^
I acquired this a while back, I now know the Latias is hacked, the user has been blacklisted already. My question is is it legal for battle? Or is it just completley worthless?

I acquired this a while back, I now know the Latias is hacked, the user has been blacklisted already. My question is is it legal for battle? Or is it just completley worthless?
According to the Battle thread rules, you can use legal hacks as long as you list it in your signature and/or the post for battle. The IVs aren't legally possible, but a 5 IV Bold Latias is, so as long as it's okay with your opponent, it should be fine. I released mine ages ago though. Just make sure it has legal evs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)