ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm right, lol. The initial distribution is just happening for people who coordinate Pokemon or Nintendo type events.

Also here's a quote from the official site:
If you want an Eon Ticket—the item in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire that will allow you to catch Latias and Latios, respectively—be sure to turn on your Nintendo 3DS family system’s StreetPass function. That’s because the only way you can get the Eon Ticket right now is if it’s passed to you by someone who already has it! Once you have the Eon Ticket, you can revisit Southern Island in your game, where you can then catch the Legendary Pokémon that you would not otherwise have a chance to catch!
EDIT: I guess it says "right now".... still... the headline says it's "the Only Way" and stuff

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The tickets are bring distributed to two small groups of people who are likely to street pass many players. You get the Eon ticket for Street passing people who already have it. I think they just mean to "distribute" it using a "Zombie Outbreak" method. So I doubt they'll give out more codes. Just keep your 3DS on you and eventually street pass someone with the ticket. Alternatively I'm pretty sure you'll be like 99.999% guaranteed to get it if you carry your 3DS around with you at the next anime/nerd con you go to.
... That's the dumbest distribution method I ever heard of. I really only seeing this distribution method working in two places:

1. Japan.
2. Conventions.

Otherwise you're unlikely to get the Eon Ticket unless you're lucky or have a friend that somehow got it.

... That's the dumbest distribution method I ever heard of. I really only seeing this distribution method working in two places:

1. Japan.
2. Conventions.

Otherwise you're unlikely to get the Eon Ticket unless you're lucky or have a friend that somehow got it.
Perhaps there'll be a very small Mystery Gift distribution window for each country to introduce the Eon Ticket to said country? I'm talking a couple of hours as opposed to days at a specific location kind of small window.
But on the most side, I agree that it is a pretty dumb way to distribute.

Again, that's why I'm thinking this is only the initial method as a promotion, and then we'll get wi-fi/in-store/other normal methods later.

To be fair, the Eon Ticket isn't the most important key item ever produced, other than the fact that it was the only way to get a Soul Dew...
Please don't let this be the only way to get Lati@site. Though that would lower the amount of people who think that just cause they have a Mega Legendary that they can win on PSS. That would be a bonus.

Also, I have an extra demo code. PM me if you still need one.
The demo code has been claimed. Thank you for playing.

Last edited:
To be fair, the Eon Ticket isn't the most important key item ever produced, other than the fact that it was the only way to get a Soul Dew...
Please don't let this be the only way to get Lati@site. Though that would lower the amount of people who think that just cause they have a Mega Legendary that they can win on PSS. That would be a bonus.

Also, I have an extra demo code. PM me if you still need one.
Considering Mega Latis are a very big part of in-game, they wouldn't relegate it to event. Maybe it'd be the way you get the opposite latis' stone - i.e. Latios' mega stone in Alpha Sapphire - but you should be able to get Latias' mega stone in normal Alpha Sapphire gameplay, for instance.

Getting the eon ticket will be a huge pain if its only available via street pass. I mean seriously where do people even have their ds on while in public?

I live on a small college campus and get 2-5 streetpasses every time I go to the cafeteria with my 3DS in my backpack. Carry your 3DS everywhere in your bag and you'll get streetpass hits.

I don't think the problem is so much 'who even uses Streetpass' as it is 'what about people who live in areas where Pokemon isn't even a thing?'. I keep my 3DS on when I'm out in public to collect steps and I meet one person every week, who I'm pretty sure always the one other person on my campus who has a 3DS. I don't see people like us, in a country where we don't even get event Pokemon, being able to obtain the Eon Ticket so easily. If at all.

I live on a small college campus and get 2-5 streetpasses every time I go to the cafeteria with my 3DS in my backpack. Carry your 3DS everywhere in your bag and you'll get streetpass hits.
I go to a nice sized university in the US twice a week for class. I tend to get 5-10 tags and most of them have X or Y. I also tend to max out my Play Coins as well, which is helpful in Smash and get a lot of steps for O-Powers.
Like I said before, the Eon Ticket, unless is the only way to get the Soul Dew (or worse, a Lati@site), isn't that big of deal since all it does it make it so we can get both Latis without trading. And since not many of us use the Soul Dew, that's not worth any tears.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For those of you missing ORAS demo codes, I found this code giveaway site. It's been making the rounds on different sites and I visited it myself and successfully gave away a code so it's legit:
http://www.ytv.com/blog/get-a-special-demo-version-code-today

Works for NA only, that's the only catch.

Regarding Streetpass, if you don't have an organized group in your hometown, visit a Nintendo Zone. It acts as a relay point for whomever visited there. It's really hit and miss because some places turn it off or no one's tagged it before you, but I've had success at Starbucks, McDonald's, and Barnes & Nobel. Walking around crowded areas works too.

Last edited:
Personally, the Streetpass event sounds like a fine idea. But then, I live in a city with lots of visitors, and a lot of Nintendo Zones. Since they introduced the "relay" system, I have even got more passes in non-Nintendo Zone areas, as more people seem to be aware of Streetpass and think it's worth doing.
I can see how certain areas would miss out, though. But I think it is better than the "go to a random cinema halfway across the country on the single day of the year an event is running" system which they had in place for years. At least people who go to the London-centric events can easily pass it on, rather than simply missing out on the only event.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
WOOT! I just got the Suspicious Man event in my demo! So now I'm +1 Nugget! :D

Meanwhile, I'm STILL SRing for the Secret Mission. *sigh* Hopefully I'll get it before the game comes out...

Personally, the Streetpass event sounds like a fine idea. But then, I live in a city with lots of visitors, and a lot of Nintendo Zones. Since they introduced the "relay" system, I have even got more passes in non-Nintendo Zone areas, as more people seem to be aware of Streetpass and think it's worth doing.
I can see how certain areas would miss out, though. But I think it is better than the "go to a random cinema halfway across the country on the single day of the year an event is running" system which they had in place for years. At least people who go to the London-centric events can easily pass it on, rather than simply missing out on the only event.
I have never gotten Nintendo Zone to work ever.

So i found this picture, is it real?
Yes, I've seen both images on my Demo and Y respectively. I remember muttering "Hoenn confirmed" to myself one year ago when I saw the second image.

I have never gotten Nintendo Zone to work ever.
It's a localized thing; you need to go to specific nintendo hotspot locations - usually video game retailers. Once there, it should alert you and blue outlines should be emanating from the Nintendo Zone app. This gives you free Wi-Fi and when you go into it you can get stuff about current events and such. It's how I got my demo code.
You DO have to fully update your 3DS beforehand, tho.

It's a localized thing; you need to go to specific nintendo hotspot locations - usually video game retailers. Once there, it should alert you and blue outlines should be emanating from the Nintendo Zone app. This gives you free Wi-Fi and when you go into it you can get stuff about current events and such. It's how I got my demo code.
You DO have to fully update your 3DS beforehand, tho.
I have done that. I get a little update on the HOME menu that I'm in range (usually at McDonalds), then I try to access it and it simply doesn't work.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!

So i found this picture, is it real?
Yeah, I remember talking to the guy in Y and thinking "how did you not drown? Hoenn is based on Kyusha, Japan and Kalos is based on France. The shortest possible route the guy could have take was be down China's and Vietnam's coast, through a small opening between Indonesia and Singapore, under all of Africa, up Africa's western coast, and pass up Portugal and Spain's coast! Now, I don't know how far of a swim that is, but I think the swim around Africa would have done him in by itself.

Anyway, yeah, when I found the guy in the demo I chuckled a bit. It's actually a nice bit of continuity that I'm surprised they remembered.

Also, there making a special anime short to promote ORAS:

B2W2 got a commercial, XY got a reference in a 4 episode mini-series, and now ORAS is getting its own special. Next they'll be giving the next set of games its own mini-series.

Hm, maybe they'll let Cosplay Pikachu learn Volt Tackle through Move Reminder? I doubt it'll have any other of the special Pikachu moves (though it would be neat depending on what its dressed as it can learn a different special move from the Move Reminder), but having Volt Tackle be learnable via Move Reminder would be an easy way to give Cosplay Pikachu Volt Tackle but not have it have access to it right away.
Good point, I mean, it would make sense since Volt Tackle is arguably Pikachu's signature move, but I still want that Light Ball to be easier to get (at least put Pikachu outside the safari, then I can abuse my Frisk Banette!).

Exact same as XY's, except the Rock Smash TM has been replaced by the Secret Power TM, and Dive and Rock Smash have returned to HM status.
Dammit! There goes my hopes for a Defog TM...

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Also, there making a special anime short to promote ORAS:

B2W2 got a commercial, XY got a reference in a 4 episode mini-series, and now ORAS is getting its own special. Next they'll be giving the next set of games its own mini-series.
They fucking better give it a mini-series. BW2's commercial was amazing and a huge wasted opportunity on TPCi's part (seriously go read the comments on the YouTube video and look at the amount of people wanting more out of it), and Origins was a step in the right direction but suffered from being too short to have much character development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)